What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Official Dallas Cowboys thread (1 Viewer)

There's a lot to like about this team, but I'm not sold that the coaching staff has any idea how to adjust to edge pressure. Playoff run, if there is to be one, will be very matchup dependent.  I'm also not sold that Seattle is any good.  They are one of the few teams I've actually seen more than a few of their primetime games and I'm not seeing just a juggernaut.  I'm much more worried about NY showing up a 3rd time.

I agree with everything you said except I'm more worried about Washington. 

The playcalling and execution was bad last night. 

And Dez sucks. He's a high dollar diva who can't catch. He's just a clumsy mess. 

And Dez sucks. He's a high dollar diva who can't catch. He's just a clumsy mess. 
People are not really noticing how so many of his big catches aren't even clean.  Lots of bobbles that he manage to haul in.

I'm sick of Dez and his antics, and now his game sucks. He lost this one, because he's lazy, clumsy, and a quitter. 
Tripped on the first Dak pick; gave up on the route on the second Dak pick; dropped 2 balls in his hands; and fumbles away game on final drive. But everyone is on Dak? Cmon man.

Of course you never want to tank games, but.......

Dallas beating TB could help put GB into the playoffs. The one thing the Dallas defense might be susceptible to is being picked apart by a top QB. Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers could be those QB's.

Of course, Dallas already handled Rodgers once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that should stop all the questions on Dak's game or his readiness for the big stage.

Like I said before- last week was on Dez and his sorry, lazy, undisciplined play- Not Dak. 

And to the guys who said there are 20-25 QBs in the league who could get behind this line and do as well or better? Please list them here, because 12-2 is harder to do then you think.

Dak was 32-36 tonight, but more impressive for the rook was this is his fifth 4th qrtr come from behind victory.

Yes, Washington scares me more than any other team.

With the emergence of mild pass rush things might get good. If Irving gives just half of what he gave last night going forward, Lawrence continuing to play hard, Crawford the same, and Gregory coming back this week, we could have something here. I think Moe Claiborne comes back this week too. 

getting healthy at the right time.

I am excited about tomorrow night and am wondering how our boys approach the game.  Detroit always plays well against us and I am wondering how seeing Carr and Mariota get hurt this past Saturday will affect the decision making on how much time the starters will get.  

Wow, this team is firing on all cylinders!

When Dez throwin a teeter to Witten looks easy, you know things are rollin..

Hopefully Tyron is good...

It's hard to watch a game and the whole time just be cheering for nobody to get hurt.  I mean would it be the worst thing to take it a bit easy next week?

Listening to sports radio yesterday, I was thinking about what the local radio station said. Now granted it's a local station, and there's tons of homerism in it, but at the end of the discussion I couldn't come up with an argument against it? What they said was, that if RIGHT NOW you put all this year's draft picks back in a pool and re-picked based on what we know now and what they've done in the NFL, is there any reason why you wouldn't think that Dallas took the #1 and #2 player in the draft? In other words, if you redrafted, would Dak Prescott not go number one overall, and Zeke Elliot go number two (Or maybe vice versa)? As crazy as that sounds-and I was laughing thinking this is Dallas DJs saying that- I can't argue against it? I'm high on Wentz, and feel like he has a long  successful future in Philly, but wouldn't take Wentz over Dak or Zeke.

To think that we got Zeke at #4 and no one took him before us,(granted one and two had already traded the farm for their quarterbacks so we were only sweating #3)- but then we grab Prescott at the back of round four (#135), just shows how lucky and how well we did in this draft. Poor Cleveland had 8 pics before us and didn't take him!
There were SEVEN QB's taken before Dak, and I wouldn't trade straight up for any of them.
If Jaylon Smith comes back and is just 3/4 of the player he was projected to be – well then we have a dynasty, boys. It's good to be a Cowboy fan and I know for a fact it sucks to be in the NFC East with us.
gotta be honest, and not trying to poke a fire, but i would take Carson over Dak everyday. And i like Dak a lot too. But looking at how they have both been used, and what Dak has been asked to do in regard to reading defenses and going through mulitple reads, i think i like Carson better. To be honest, 30 of the NFL teams would be happy either, i just think Carson has a higher ceiling then Dak. And this is a simple way of looking at it, i think Carson has had more injuries throughout his years, etc.  

I'll take Dak over Wentz each and every day of the week.  I'll take Dak over just about anybody – he is Tim Tebow with an arm. 

gotta be honest, and not trying to poke a fire, but i would take Carson over Dak everyday. And i like Dak a lot too. But looking at how they have both been used, and what Dak has been asked to do in regard to reading defenses and going through mulitple reads, i think i like Carson better. To be honest, 30 of the NFL teams would be happy either, i just think Carson has a higher ceiling then Dak. And this is a simple way of looking at it, i think Carson has had more injuries throughout his years, etc.  
Going to be a fun decade or so proving you wrong.   But seriously even if Carson ends up being as good or better than Dak, Dallas didn't have trade the farm to get him.  It's not Carson over Dak, it's Carson and a bunch of picks and veteran players over Dak. 

Going to be a fun decade or so proving you wrong.   But seriously even if Carson ends up being as good or better than Dak, Dallas didn't have trade the farm to get him.  It's not Carson over Dak, it's Carson and a bunch of picks and veteran players over Dak. 
at the end of their careers, what it took to get them won't mean too much. Especially with the way Philly was bale to turn Bradford into a top half 1st round pick. 

and i think if there is something Eagles and Cowboys fans can agree on, it is fun to have some youth with potential, and watching how both of these guys develop over the next 5 years or so will be enjoyable (hopefully) 

at the end of their careers, what it took to get them won't mean too much. Especially with the way Philly was bale to turn Bradford into a top half 1st round pick. 

and i think if there is something Eagles and Cowboys fans can agree on, it is fun to have some youth with potential, and watching how both of these guys develop over the next 5 years or so will be enjoyable (hopefully) 
Right, now imagine you took Zek instead, then Dak in the fourth and then wheeled Bradford. I know, I know nobody had that crystal ball but we hit the jackpot. At least it seems that way right now. 

Right, now imagine you took Zek instead, then Dak in the fourth and then wheeled Bradford. I know, I know nobody had that crystal ball but we hit the jackpot. At least it seems that way right now. 

no doubt. What intrigues the hell out of me, was what did all 32 NFL teams (Cowboys included) miss with Dak for the first 3 rounds? And i am of the belief of drafting the right QB is only part of the equation. You need the right coaching staff and QB coach to guide and grow this young QB. But yeah, Cowboys did certainly kill it, and kudos to them cause i know a lot of people were saying how dumb it was to take a RB that high in the draft. Certainly seemed to be the right call to most now. 

no doubt. What intrigues the hell out of me, was what did all 32 NFL teams (Cowboys included) miss with Dak for the first 3 rounds? And i am of the belief of drafting the right QB is only part of the equation. You need the right coaching staff and QB coach to guide and grow this young QB. But yeah, Cowboys did certainly kill it, and kudos to them cause i know a lot of people were saying how dumb it was to take a RB that high in the draft. Certainly seemed to be the right call to most now. 
Dak was projected to go in the second round, but he got a DUI a couple weeks before the draft.  That's why he fell.

Very relieved to hear it's 'just' an aggrevation of Tyron Smith's sprained MCL. He has 3 weeks to get healthy now.

I like Dak's discipline better, and the fact that Carson is now being questioned about his mechanics with his propensity to throw too high a lot. I think it will get fixed, and he will look better with better receivers. But Dak's mechanics are not in question- Dez Bryant's ability to run correct routes were what caused the loss vs Giants. It's weird to me that Dak winning all these games is a product of everyone but him; but the loss to NY was 100% Dak's fault that Dez fell down, quit on a route, fumbled the long gain, dropped balls, etc. ?

i understand we both want to say our guy is the best, but I believe the people without a biased vote are leaning towards Dak, and I would even bet that if the re draft could happen tomorrow that Dak would be the first QB taken, with Wentz a very close second.

Both teams are lucky we aren't looking at Goff as our QB.

How come Romo won't be playing week 17?  Just read it will be mostly Sanchez.  I guess an injured Tony would hurt if you need him in the playoffs, or more importantly hurt his trade value, but I would think you'd give him some snaps to be game-ready in case he's needed in the playoffs.

How come Romo won't be playing week 17?  Just read it will be mostly Sanchez.  I guess an injured Tony would hurt if you need him in the playoffs, or more importantly hurt his trade value, but I would think you'd give him some snaps to be game-ready in case he's needed in the playoffs.
It would hurt in guaranteed money owed in his contract if an injury keeps him out until March.  He's insurance for the playoffs and he'd be as ready as any backup would be in the league. Garbage snaps against the hapless eagles aren't going to do anything. 

This game is going to be completely different than the offensive display last week. Dak will play to keep sharp until the first sign of trouble, no longer than the first half and then it's the Sanchez hand off show.  Cowboys have 9 guys that are nicked up and won't even suit, look for guys you've never heard of.  A rest week buy is just what this team needed. 

tonydead said:
It would hurt in guaranteed money owed in his contract if an injury keeps him out until March.  He's insurance for the playoffs and he'd be as ready as any backup would be in the league. Garbage snaps against the hapless eagles aren't going to do anything. 
Congrats! You got to throw in hapless Eagles in your post! Way to go!

Don't let him bunch your undies, I'm sure there are plenty of original "Cowgirls" and "Cowpokes" comments in the Eagles thread.?
Oh I'm good. I just love to mock people who go out of there way to take down the level of dialogue. And yes, that includes "Cowgirls and "Cowpokes". It's unoriginal and was never that funny in the first place.

tonydead said:
Tony is on ice just like Washington did with RGIII and Buffalo is doing with Tyrod.

tonydead said:

Tyrion said:
I wouldn't play Romo if Tyron Smith isn't playing.  Too risky against the Eagles.  
Looks like Tonys gonna play.  I'm sure it will only be for a couple series' though just to show him off/keep him fresh.  The chances of him being hurt in 2 series' is very slim.

Users who are viewing this thread