What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Official Dallas Cowboys thread (1 Viewer)

Looks like Tonys gonna play.  I'm sure it will only be for a couple series' though just to show him off/keep him fresh.  The chances of him being hurt in 2 series' is very slim.
Don't bet on it. He could get hurt putting on his socks in the locker. Love the guy, but I will be sweating until he's back off the field, bubble wrapped and placed on the auction block to the highest bidder.

Oh I'm good. I just love to mock people who go out of there way to take down the level of dialogue. And yes, that includes "Cowgirls and "Cowpokes". It's unoriginal and was never that funny in the first place.
Hapless means unfortunate, I think that describes their season very well.  It in no way compares to cowgirls, but, I suppose you have a better adjective? 

Looks like Tonys gonna play.  I'm sure it will only be for a couple series' though just to show him off/keep him fresh.  The chances of him being hurt in 2 series' is very slim.
Yeah, I'm hearing it might be treated just like a third pre-season game now too.  I wouldn't play him though. 

I like the Boys' chances to hang with NE in the Super Bowl more with Romo at QB.   Dak doesn't have enough in his toolbox to take on Bill.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice knowing ya Randy. 

Smh...
Any locals know/speculate the drug of choice? Missed test or dirty specimen? 

I typically assume weed, but these days you never know. Guess he'll be watching the playoffs along with Martavis Bryant & Josh Gordon (which now that I think about it, would probably be a kick-### party as long as Manziel doesn't show up with Bieber). 

I'm fairly certain it's always been weed with him and I think I saw this most recent suspension was a missed test. Granted you'd think he only misses a test if he knows he's going to test positive otherwise he's an even bigger dummy than thought. Would've been nice to have him but who knows if he ever would've/will amount to much anyways. 

I think there were some questions about the NFL rescheduling a test that he missed but that's all rumors. 

The Cowboys aren't cutting Gregory. They have already invested a 2nd round pick for him and have been training him for a few years. It doesn't do them any good to release him. 

So stupid that the NFL tests for weed. In a couple of years they won't and there will have been a slew of NFLers who have lost millions and even their entire careers because of weed. 

The rules are the rules so they get no sympathy from me and I'm certainly not going to excuse those players for smoking a banned susbstance, but I can at least acknowledge that it's a dumb rule to penalize people for smoking what is soon to be a wildly legal substance. 

I like the Boys' chances to hang with NE in the Super Bowl more with Romo at QB.   Dak doesn't have enough in his toolbox to take on Bill.  
I agree 110 %...I can guarantee the Cowboys don't even get past the Packers or the Falcons..Dak the game manager won't be able to keep up with those Offenses in the play-offs. Dallas' Def isn't going to shut down the offense of Atlanta or GB(just predicting who they most likely face in play-offs)GB's Def has played ALOT better as the season went on . I honestly don't see Dallas beating an experienced Rogers in the play-offs with a ROOKIE and inexperienced Dak being at QB. Romo would be the Cowboys best chance at getting by GB, and if they somehow make it past GB with Dak,they won't be able to put up the points to stay with Atlanta...I'm still a bit surprised that Vegas gives the Cowboys the 2nd best odds to win the Superbowl...I think the Cowboys are overrated! and Again they won't make it past GB if they play them in Dallas next week. GB has the kind of momentum you want going into the play-offs,and I also think the bye is a bad thing for the Cowboys and their rookie QB. It gives him plenty of time to think! The pressure of preforming well in the play-offs and him knowing Romo could step in at any moment if he messes up,will get to Dak IMO

I think there were some questions about the NFL rescheduling a test that he missed but that's all rumors. 

The Cowboys aren't cutting Gregory. They have already invested a 2nd round pick for him and have been training him for a few years. It doesn't do them any good to release him. 

So stupid that the NFL tests for weed. In a couple of years they won't and there will have been a slew of NFLers who have lost millions and even their entire careers because of weed. 

The rules are the rules so they get no sympathy from me and I'm certainly not going to excuse those players for smoking a banned susbstance, but I can at least acknowledge that it's a dumb rule to penalize people for smoking what is soon to be a wildly legal substance. 
I know, weed is awesome!

I agree 110 %...I can guarantee the Cowboys don't even get past the Packers or the Falcons..Dak the game manager won't be able to keep up with those Offenses in the play-offs. Dallas' Def isn't going to shut down the offense of Atlanta or GB(just predicting who they most likely face in play-offs)GB's Def has played ALOT better as the season went on . I honestly don't see Dallas beating an experienced Rogers in the play-offs with a ROOKIE and inexperienced Dak being at QB. Romo would be the Cowboys best chance at getting by GB, and if they somehow make it past GB with Dak,they won't be able to put up the points to stay with Atlanta...I'm still a bit surprised that Vegas gives the Cowboys the 2nd best odds to win the Superbowl...I think the Cowboys are overrated! and Again they won't make it past GB if they play them in Dallas next week. GB has the kind of momentum you want going into the play-offs,and I also think the bye is a bad thing for the Cowboys and their rookie QB. It gives him plenty of time to think! The pressure of preforming well in the play-offs and him knowing Romo could step in at any moment if he messes up,will get to Dak IMO
Well, on the other side of the coin, how is ATL or GB going to stop Dallas' offense?  The playoffs are about smashmouth football......Big D's offensive line and Zeke is enough to keep any D coordinator up at night. And da 'Boys defense has been pretty dang solid.....and now pretty dang rested.

Also, I'm sick of Dak being labeled a game manager.......if you've watched the games, you wouldn't describe him as this......and fwiw, I wanted Romo to come back and take over when he got healthy......but Dak won the job......everyone waited for him to look like a  rookie.....the thing is, even when he made mistakes (which were few, and far between) he responded.

Well we know who weve got now. I was thinking about what the defensive strategy might be (well, other than the offense keeping them off the field). Last game if I recall the majority was rush three and drop 8 back in coverage and this seemed to work against Aaron. That said, many will say its a different Rodgers than was playing in that game, or perhaps just the real Aaron Rodgers. Im guessing Rod will try to mix it up as whatever they did last game is on tape, but that said it did work. Hopefully Zeke and the Oline keep rolling and can just keep the ball out of their hands for a large portion of the game. Should be an exciting game, lets hope these rooks show no rust.

Time for the best rushing attack in the league to put the women and children to bed and go lookin for dinner......cuz you know Zeke is hungry!!

Everyone will pick the Packers because their dismantling of the giants is fresh........the Packers will be beat up after that physical game.....the Cowboys are rested and will be ready...

Cowboys 27

Packers 24

Would've rather played the giant so they can't talk smack if we were to win the Super Bowl. I can't say I'm not concerned with Aaron Rodgers slinging the ball all over the place. The Giants have three times the pass rush we do and they couldn't get to him. 

Would've rather played the giant so they can't talk smack if we were to win the Super Bowl. I can't say I'm not concerned with Aaron Rodgers slinging the ball all over the place. The Giants have three times the pass rush we do and they couldn't get to him. 
I have faith in Marinelli and Sean Lee......and our rushmen are nice and rested.....Im bettin we can disrupt their passing game somewhat.

Bottomline, we gotta sustain long, clock eating drives, and punch it in.......Bailey should be kicking one pointers, not 3 pointers........we gotta commit to the run, and let that open up the passing game.....we keep Rodgers off the field, and don't settle for FG's, we can win......may sound cliche, but we've seen Garrett led teams panic and start chuckin the ball all over creation as soon we're down a score or two......we should be able to pound the rock and get 5 yards + a carry......stack the box, throw it up for Dez in single coverage.

Everyone should be healthy and ready minus Gregory and Durrant. We have the middle.....Lawrence, Crawford, Mayowa, and Irving rotation should be able to get it done on the outside.  You think the Giants have a better rotation than that on the outside? 

#FinishThisFight

So excited. Unfortunately I'll be watching on my phone because at 5:00 on Sunday I'll be at.....

my nieces wedding. :hot: :censored:   :rant:

WHO GETS MARRIED IN JANUARY ????? It's the PLAYOFFS!!!!!! 

PLAYOFFS??? /jimmora 

Everyone should be healthy and ready minus Gregory and Durrant. We have the middle.....Lawrence, Crawford, Mayowa, and Irving rotation should be able to get it done on the outside.  You think the Giants have a better rotation than that on the outside? 

#FinishThisFight
Jumped the gun here, Durrant was limited in practise today and plans to play. We don't have anyone on the 53 that wasn't at practise today. Thornton said ankle was fine and feeling great, that's really good news. La'el was even doing individual drills and if not activated this week looks like he will be the one we bring back from injured reserve in time for the nfc championship game.  OL looking looking to dominate the playoffs.  

Playoffs!!

@Bankerguy @Routilla wtf, you guys in a coma or something?  
Nobody posts much anymore. I rarely check here during the season.

I think Dallas has the edge, should be favoured, and will win. Now having said that playings Rodgers scares the hell out of me. I see this game coming down to offensive efficiency. I am confident we can run the ball on them and control clock and TOP. That is not enough though...we have score 7s not 3s and force 4 to 6 GB possesions with no points. We do this and avoid turning the ball over...we win...simple as that.

Predict 34-27 Dallas.

Last comment. If we do lose I really hope no one is bashing players on Monday. No one expected this ride this year, and its been wonderful. One of the best seasons I can ever remember. This team is young and its building something special...the eyes don't lie. Now having said that I will be yelling and cheering my heart out on Sunday in house divided between Dallas and GB fans. Should be epic.

Go Cowboys!!

The league office really has a hard on for Zeke. The timing of some of their "investigation" updates are low ball at best. I hope Zeke gives them a s**t sandwich to think about today in the form of 150 and 2 on the ground. McFadden scores a TD in his first playoff game as well I hope. Run the ball and we win.

I'm looking for a focused, smash mouth, punch em in the face, ground domination kinda game!!

And Dez will avenge his non-catch that was absolutely a catch!

I'm stressed like I got money on this game but it's a nice feeling to have this time of year. Run the ball and be the most physical team and Dallas wins.

I would like to see us come out throwing out of play action. Nothing crazy or stupid, but throw the first 3-4 times and then go balanced Green Bay will be reeling.

Users who are viewing this thread