What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Spring Survivor Leagues Sign Up Thread (1 Viewer)

Put me in for wherever you need me as this will be my first one.

Leaving for Japan on May 12, but don't think it'll be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason we need a 4 hour clock? (Can be brutal for those of us on odd shifts who are often asleep during the day)

OK - Three more owners than spots.  What I'm thinking about doing is going to 19 owners in league 3 and adding a flex spot to the scoring to help cover the bye week.  Open to other ideas.  Don't think we'll get enough to fill a 4th league and I don't want to leave anyone out.  Need to get the new owners in to as the old guard is slowly fading away.

OK - Three more owners than spots.  What I'm thinking about doing is going to 19 owners in league 3 and adding a flex spot to the scoring to help cover the bye week.  Open to other ideas.  Don't think we'll get enough to fill a 4th league and I don't want to leave anyone out.  Need to get the new owners in to as the old guard is slowly fading away.
Maybe have a 19 or 20 round draft for league 3 since with added teams the player pool will thin out quicker. Then double eliminate for first 3 weeks. By week 4 there should be 13 teams left for all three leagues, if I did my math correctly.

Maybe have a 19 or 20 round draft for league 3 since with added teams the player pool will thin out quicker. Then double eliminate for first 3 weeks. By week 4 there should be 13 teams left for all three leagues, if I did my math correctly.
19 or 20 teams * 20 roster spots would be fantastic. I'd love to see the kinds of names that pop up on other owners' radars when the player pool starts getting close to 400 deep in one of these.

19 would be better than 20 IMO since the double eliminations would be over and done with before the bye weeks start, which in a league that big is probably the only fair way to go about it. But aside than that, the more the merrier.  :football:

Another method we could consider for a 19-teamer that avoids double-eliminations altogether ...

Weeks 1-13: single elimination as usual (this gets us through all the bye weeks)

Weeks 14-15: scores combine, top 3 of the 6 remaining teams advance

Weeks 16-17: scores combine, highest score of the 3 remaining teams is TEH WINNAR

Not sure if it's more or less equitable, but it keeps a greater # of teams in the mix for longer, which IMO isn't a bad thing.

Fellas, I leave for a lengthy trip in Japan in 8 days so I'm not going to be able to participate unfortunately...I'll be watching!

So when and how are us poor sods in SSL3 rolling here?

18 teams works (assuming everyone's confirmed in) either of two ways ...

1) Double eliminations for the first 2 weeks

2) Single elimination for 13 weeks, weeks 14-15 combine and bottom 2 get dropped, weeks 16-17 combine and of the three remaining teams, there can be only one Highlander.

Personally I'd prefer option 2, as well as KRS's suggestion of a couple extra rounds. But I'm down for whatever as long as we get this thing going.

League 3

Hell toupee - in

FFNinja replaces BroadwayG - in (promoted to 2)

Reaper replaces Busman - in (promoted to 2)

Bro1ncos - in

FF WMD - in

Soulfully replaces Sweet Love - in (promoted to 2)

Ruffrodys05 - in replaces Comet - in (promoted to 2)

WheelsUp replaces FUBAR - in (promoted to 2)

Mr. Irrelevant - in

Andy Dufresne replaces Atomic Punk - OUT

Jeff Pasquino - in

Snellman - in

Longtucky Lemmings replaces Pictus Cat - out

Borden - in replaces Sirnman - ???

Ben & Jerry's replaces dirty jay - MIA since January

drunken slob - in

Jeter23 - in

TripItUp - out

imjackdupp - in

I'm working on this.  I have the franchises entered.  Draft order is 

My problem is that franchise 17 and 18 aren't showing up in the draft and the extra round isn't showing up either.

Did that.  Sniff around and see what you can find.
So it turns out that the number of draft rounds is in the "Draft Order Setup - All Rounds" menu.

Hey, you know what else is in that menu? A radio button that determines how the draft order is set. It was defaulted to "random", which makes sense ... but when I changed the number of rounds in the draft, MFL decided that what commissioners really want that button to do is re-randomize the draft order every time you hit Save.   :rant: :rant: :rant:

So I then had the pleasure of going back in, changing that setting to "fixed order", and re-creating the original draft order at the top of the SSL3 thread on an iPhone 5.

It should be all fixed and ready to go 19 rounds now, but #######, sometimes MFL drives me insane.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
So it turns out that the number of draft rounds is in the "Draft Order Setup - All Rounds" menu.

Hey, you know what else is in that menu? A radio button that determines how the draft order is set. It was defaulted to "random", which makes sense ... but when I changed the number of rounds in the draft, MFL decided that what commissioners really want that button to do is re-randomize the draft order every time you hit Save.   :rant: :rant: :rant:

So I then had the pleasure of going back in, changing that setting to "fixed order", and re-creating the original draft order at the top of the SSL3 thread on an iPhone 5.

It should be all fixed and ready to go 19 rounds now, but #######, sometimes MFL drives me insane.
thank you

Users who are viewing this thread