What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Closer Thread: Bad Day To Be A Blake (1 Viewer)

Vazquez is a lump of crap. Any reason to hold on to him?
I've been watching that situation, Richard Rodriguez and Kyle Crick have been on my spec radar for a while. Rotoworld just posted a blurb about Crick so I pulled the trigger earlier than I had hoped, once news hits there guys usually go fast. 

I've been watching that situation, Richard Rodriguez and Kyle Crick have been on my spec radar for a while. Rotoworld just posted a blurb about Crick so I pulled the trigger earlier than I had hoped, once news hits there guys usually go fast. 
The Nightstalker is out of jail? 

Bang up job today, Mike! I'm sure having to go to Oliver Drake to pitch the 9th was all part of the master plan

No idea how that guy has kept his gig for so long. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bang up job today, Mike! I'm sure having to go to Oliver Drake to pitch the 9th was all part of the master plan

No idea how that guy has kept his gig for so long. 
Oliver Drake grew up one town over from my childhood hometown. I played softball against his dad and uncle (who somehow was one of the fastest guys I’ve ever seen even though he smoked like two packs a day).

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. Except that you’re also dead on with Scioscia.

They just said on the Yankee game that the Nats are closing to getting Kelvin Herrera from KC. Adjust depth charts accordingly, though I don't know who would come out of the dumpster fire that is the remainder of the Royals late inning pen

They just said on the Yankee game that the Nats are closing to getting Kelvin Herrera from KC. Adjust depth charts accordingly, though I don't know who would come out of the dumpster fire that is the remainder of the Royals late inning pen
They are pretty much all terrible, Kevin McCarthy maybe :shrug:  

I dropped McCarthy when Maurer was recalled but just added McCarthy as a hedge in Serious Biz.  

I hate myself the most but I guess I hate Maurer less than McCarthy.  McCarthy's K rate is in the neighborhood of Danny Graves' old dumpster.  

I picked up McCarthy when I heard the news. I can't possibly get fewer saves than I have so far this season from the blistering combination of Ziegler/A. Bradley/Tepera/H. Rondon/Melancon #punt

Philadelphia, Tampon Bay (Vegas), and KC are just no win situations and a waste of ? space. 

Closer slut @Eephus thought he was smart picking up Maurer a few days back, but I have about the same chance as getting a save for the Royals at this point. Plus the Royals might not win again this year unless they are playing the White Sux. 

Just in case you guys thought I was kidding ... for the Yahoo! 6x6 team I referenced above I have a grand total of 12 saves through 11 weeks.

The Royals closer situation looks like the perfect storm of dumpster fires.  Of course the team won't win many games to start with.  Add a "proven closer" who's neither, a guy who couldn't strike out Joey Gallo and a couple of Rule 5 guys. 

This has been a year where teams have tried some innovative pitching staff management but Ned Yost and Dayton Moore don't seem like the type.

Philadelphia, Tampon Bay (Vegas), and KC are just no win situations and a waste of ? space. 

Closer slut @Eephus thought he was smart picking up Maurer a few days back, but I have about the same chance as getting a save for the Royals at this point. Plus the Royals might not win again this year unless they are playing the White Sux. 
I just do it for the kicks man

I have Herrera in H2H but someone just dropped Giles and I have #1 WW. 

I still think Giles gets most saves from now until the end of the season. 

I think I'm going to skip the KC situation and go for Ottavino for when Wade Davis loses his job, or spec on which other ####ty AL Central team trades a closer next. 

Lolz

Hunter Sttrickland - R -  Giants

Hunter Strickland broke his right (pitching) hand when he punched a door after leaving Monday night's game against the Marlins.

Melancon is gonna be the closer sooner than later. We’ve seen the Sam Dyson story before and Watson is better used in earlier high leverage spots. 

Strickland seems droppable even in dynasty. What a moron. 

Here's a new one: Chicago Cubs closer Brandon Morrow wasn't available for Tuesday's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers because he tweaked his back while taking off his pants.

Speaking to reporters following Chicago's 4-3 loss Tuesday afternoon, Morrow explained that he experienced back spasms "taking my pants off" at "like 3 a.m." on Monday after the Cubs returned to the Windy City following a three-game set with the St. Louis Cardinals

Users who are viewing this thread