What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 SSL3 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Got a feeling Thomas does pretty good this year....10 TD ish
Ryan Tannehill's career high in TD passes is ... 27.

And the Dolphins have a really good stable of pass-catchers to work with. Landry will get his usual 140ish targets, Parker came on pretty big in the second half last year, Stills is still around to run nine routes, and Drake and Williams are a productive 3rd-down backfield combo. Given all that competition, I'd be shocked if Thomas wound up with a 35% share of Tanny's TDs.

In fact unless Tannehill somehow makes a huge leap to being a 35-40 TD passer, I feel like most of the folks investing in the Fins' passing game are going to end up various degrees of disappointed this season.

And the Dolphins have a really good stable of pass-catchers to work with. Landry will get his usual 140ish targets, Parker came on pretty big in the second half last year, Stills is still around to run nine routes, and Drake and Williams are a productive 3rd-down backfield combo. Given all that competition, I'd be shocked if Thomas wound up with a 35% share of Tanny's TDs.

In fact unless Tannehill somehow makes a huge leap to being a 35-40 TD passer, I feel like most of the folks investing in the Fins' passing game are going to end up various degrees of disappointed this season.
fair enough....my POV is based mostly on Gase and what Thomas did under him previously.....while Manning had a lot to do with it, Gase obviously knew how to use Thomas and his skill set....especially in the red zone....and now they have traded for him after he has done nothing in Jax....add that to the lack of serious depth at the position behind him and Thomas should see the field a ton....especially in the red zone...do I think he gets a ton of catches and yards, probably not.....but I do think he could be towards the top of their passing game options in the red zone....you may not get much else out of him (rec/yards), but I don't think 10 is out of the question if healthy....and yeah the extra few would come at the expense of the guys you mentioned, because I think that is why they brought him in....it sure as hell wasn't for his blocking....

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with this this.  They are loaded, which makes Tannehill (himself) more attractive (especially at his price...and they get to play my Jets twice), but I think all these Dolphins are getting overdrafted, with oddly, the one value, maybe being OJ.  However, I think the landscape in a couple of places makes picking a WR very difficult.  I drafted Cooks, and I would take that back in a second.  Dolphins are the same way.  This year, I would much rather have a guy like Dez than to choose between Landry/Edelman/Cooks.  The Pats and Phins remind me of choosing a Saints pass catcher a few years back, but at least there was a semi-established hierarchy there...

QB - Dalton, An               7.09
        Hoyer, Br                 9.09
RB - Crowell, Is               4.08
        Ingram, Ma              5.09
        Martin, Do                6.08
        Charles, Ja             12.08
WR - Green, AJ              1.09
        Hopkins, De            2.08
        Jeffery, Al                3.09
        Britt, Ke                  10.08
        Benjamin, Tr           14.08
        Cruz, Vi                  18.08
TE - Witten, Ja                8.08
        Gates, An               11.09
 K - Aguayo, Ro              15.09
       Bullock, Ra              16.08
 D - Chiefs                       13.09 
       Bears                       17.09

Went WR/RB for rounds 1-6.  I cannot complain about either position.  Obvious weaknesses look to be depth at TE and QB but my hope is Dalton/Hoyer will produce top 14-16 numbers and Witten/Gates combine for top 12-15 numbers.  Of course, I am gambling that Dalton and Witten remain healthy.  Maybe could have gone TE/QB or QB/TE in rounds 9 and 10, and waited to pick up 4th WR in round 11 but overall, I am satisfied with my team. 

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Winston, Jameis TBB QB

Love this QB combo.  Easily the strength of the team. 

Foreman, D'Onta HOU RB

Gurley, Todd LAR RB

Hunt, Kareem KCC RB

Sproles, Darren PHI RB

Vereen, Shane NYG RB

If vereen bounces back healthy should be a decent group. I think gurley improves a lot with new coaching, hunt takes over by mid year.  I'll need sproles to have some of his spark. 

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Decker, Eric NYJ WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Tate, Golden DET WR

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR

I'm not expecting much from treadwell but the others will provide good consistency. I think. Might lack some upside but you won't find a receiver group with a higher floor. 

Engram, Evan NYG TE

Thomas, Julius MIA TE

Tye, Will NYG TE

Ok, this is ugly.  I'll get some points but this is the worst group of TE I've ever had. 

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK

Opted to not take a second kicker because I don't trust Franks or Rosa to be worth owning.  Seabass will have to suffice.

Lions, Detroit DET Def

Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def

I might be putting too much into the Rams resurgence but I think their d will be good.  

Overall I don't love it but should be alright with a few breaks. 
Losing sproles might hurt but Hunt is awesome. Wonder how far I'll make it without a kicker. That's a bunch of free points I'm giving up. Guess I should have taken Rosas instead of Tye. 

Losing sproles might hurt but Hunt is awesome. Wonder how far I'll make it without a kicker. That's a bunch of free points I'm giving up. Guess I should have taken Rosas instead of Tye. 
Yep.

Lost out on immunity by half a point this week pretty much kills my chances of surviving next week with more than half my roster out. Although neither Rosas or Franks would have saved the week anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread