What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Mid-Year Song Draft - Round 9 this AM, Round 10/all owed picks this afternoon. (2 Viewers)

9.xx Strand of Oaks - "Passing Out"

We all have our favorites, Strand of Oaks is one of mine.  Their 2018 album "Harder Love" is an odds and sods collection of tracks that didn't make the cut for the last one "Hard Love" 

Tim Showalter is an artist who is passionate about rock 'n roll and the album format so it's interesting (for me anyhow) to listen in on his creative process after the fact.  "Passing Out" is a fine song but it would have been out of place on "Hard Love".  I'm glad it found a release.

Makeup for yesterday

8. Death Cab for Cutie - Gold Rush

I really like the DCfC song, so I don't care if you don't.
I posted it in the albums thread and think it got one (negative) response but I agree with you, it's a really good song. It might not sound like 2003 Death Cab but aren't bands supposed to evolve and try new stuff? And all that said, it's still instantly recognizable as a DCFC song and yes, I'm a fanboy but I don't care. 

A few make-up picks ft. country artists

Round 9 - Zedd (ft. Maren Morris) - The Middle

Not saying I love it, but I don't automatically flip the channel when it comes on.

Round 10 - Justin Timberlake (ft. Chris Stapleton) - Say Something

Seems like they missed out on cranking this song up a minute or two earlier, but still a quality song.

first time diving into the playlist.

I love that superchunk song so hard... even though I was going to take a different tune (and might still).

My last pick

These dudes are my faves! in the metal dept anyway, total zilla ####, their first record in five years and it rips.  Hard to pick a favorite track, I could go with 3-4, but I'll close out with the closer

ASG - Florida Sleep On

Wolves are feeding around this town again

Thanks for letting me play along, I have a little time to get the playlist caught up right now..

fwiw- here's the playlist I made for this draft... culled the stuff I liked most (on the day I culled) from my bigger catch-all 2018 playlist. 

spoiler alert... if we're ongoing, I'd be taking things from the playlist. be forewarned. [/ominous music]

PRhyme - "Sunflower Seeds"

I'm probably doing it all wrong but I've liked rap albums more than singles this year.  Records from Saba and Cavalier have held up better as entire mixtapes without a standout cut that jumped out at me.  PRhyme is kind of in the same boat but "Sunflower Seeds" is a fun old school jam with a great bassline and a catchy shout it out loud chorus.

Maybe the Beyonce/Jay-Z record will grab me more with repeated listens or maybe Kanye's 15th weekly album will eclipse the 14 that proceeded it.

hey all just saw the invite to this. nice exercise here.  thx for all the tips (including that merge book)!

My favorite new finds through round 5:

Superchunk (reminds me of Cheap Trick), Young Fathers, Nathaniel Rateliff, Chrome Sparks,  King Buffalo (hometown pick), Let’s Eat Grandma, Shame, Eleanor Friedberger

Thats just the best of the best (for me), a lot of other great tunes and looking forward to hearing tounds 6+

I will update this stuff tomorrow. I was on vacation last week and vacation'ed I did. 

I'm also open to keeping it going, maybe I will un-orphan it next week.

taking some ground already covered in the spring... but one of the easiest toe-tapping tunes I"ve heard in a long time by a band I like from a solid album

10- today is the day- the eels

Users who are viewing this thread