What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Year-end Song Draft - Ends Thursday Jan 25 (2 Viewers)

9... konika & maliko- american analog set

I feel like I started listening to them at the beginning of my spotify days- couldve been an early find through algorithms. never remember them, until a song pops up on random, and them I'm like- why aren't I listening more? have that krautrock, feelies, lewsberg... find a hook/groove and ride it into the sunset vibe I love. punk as **** is an all timer.

10... tiger- pip blom
I probably took this in the 1st half draft, but don't care- still holds up for me, and I'm finding this more dancey/techno direction interesting from them. big fan of theirs.

I am surprised I missed Tiger by Pip Blom, right up my alley. Will have to check out their catalog.

Round 15 - (#6 counting down from #20)

Wies - Venus

Pop Music, Psych Pop, Alt Rock trio from Netherlands

A friend mind described this song:
"It's kind of like ABBA on 'shrooms that were pre-soaked in amphetamine dosed bong water. I mean that in the best way."

7... six-pack- shame

came out at the beginning of the year... still love it.

8... evolution- braids
I have an irrational soft spot for braids since hearing mini-skirt years ago.

The video for Evolution is pretty cool, too.

11... tradgarden- ****kid
I can't always take her voice, but she can put down some great riotgrrl stuff. pretty sure she's dutch... like pip blom.

12... anyway I find you- the men
used to regularly put out bangers- I guess have mellowed. not always my scene, this kind of sound- but I dig the tune.

The Men's Anyway I Found You has a flavor of The Dream Syndicate trying their hand at Alt Country. Nice.

Round 16 - (#5 counting down from #20)

Jalen Ngonda - That's All I Wanted From You

My favorite Soul or R&B song of the year. Has a 60's Motown flavor.

Love his voice and could listen to this guy all day.

15. In The Morning - My Dad is Dead

As far as I can tell, this song was written at some point in the 80s but actually never released and put out this year as part of a 3-song EP.

Whoa. Never thought I'd see this band mentioned.

It was definitely an influential song with my group of friends from college.

I'm getting an error message when I try to click on the Spotify playlist, anyone else? (Page not available - unable to claim permission)

Round 17 - (#4 counting down from #20)

Eyedress - Flowers & Chocolate

LoFi, Bedroom Pop, Dream Pop with a garage mindset.

🎶 I'm sorry, forgot to get you flowers
I'm sorry if I made your morning sour
Don't cry, you know there's always next time
You see me in the best light
I'll do it right next time

No surprise, I know what the problem is
Could have made you smile, did the opposite
Wouldn't hurt to keep all my promises
Should have got you flowers and chocolate🎶

I added my last four songs to the playlist - it doesn't seem like it was updated for a while but can't figure out where it left off and was going a little nutty trying to figure it out so just added my songs.

18. Ethan P. Flynn — Demolition

Why do I love moments of screaming/yelling so much in music? Not a lot of it but when it’s carefully placed in a song like this one.

Round 18 - (#3 counting down from #20)

The Future Us - Letting Go

This has a 70's Classic Rock feel. Almost sounds like a demo a band might have done to sell a song to Paul Rodgers and Free.

15. In The Morning - My Dad is Dead

As far as I can tell, this song was written at some point in the 80s but actually never released and put out this year as part of a 3-song EP.

Yeah, recorded in 1988 but a 2023 release.

Interesting...somewhat discordant as they seem out of tune...but it works, I like it.
:shrug:

Spotify has it (as part of the Myd Remix) was February 3, 2023 but it wouldn't be the first time they were off on dates.

19. Hope is a Dangerous Little Thing - Menzingers

I love Menzingers, and while their latest release did not do it for me, this song is an absolute ear worm. I will be singing it to myself for the rest of the morning now.

Users who are viewing this thread