What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Year-end Song Draft - Ends Thursday Jan 25 (1 Viewer)

Anyone know how to import a song to Spotify? My 19th round choice is available on YouTube but not on Spotify. Got a message that I can import it but can't figure it out how that is done from Google directions.

No biggie, I can substitute another tune if no one can help me.

Anyone know how to import a song to Spotify? My 19th round choice is available on YouTube but not on Spotify. Got a message that I can import it but can't figure it out how that is done from Google directions.

It's my understanding that even if you do import it, you will be the only one who can access it.

It's my understanding that even if you do import it, you will be the only one who can access it.

Well, that figures. Thanks for the quick response. I will enter a substitute pick.

Round 19 - (#2 counting down from #20)

Xdinary Heroes - Good Enough

This was a last-minute substitution because my original choice for #2 was Better by Frankly in which a Spotify clip was unavailable (however a YouTube clip can be found in the 2023 New Music thread).

Xdinary Heroes is K-Pop band and this stellar rock ballad just missed my 2023 Top 20 cut off.

The YouTube clip is a live TV take that I would have preferred to use, as it is far superior to the studio version, but Spotify didn't carry that either. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was hoping to be able to listen through this playlist before getting buried in MAD covers. I'm 65 songs in which is roughly only a third so I'll have to make hay over the weekend.

It's been rainy most of the week and Lou hates the rain more than Ann Peebles.

19. Home Is Where — Skin Meadow

20. Home Is Where — Lily Pad Pupils

The Whaler by Home Is Where is my #2 album of the year after the excellent The Worm by HMLTD. I almost picked their song Skin Meadow in the mid-year draft. It’s certainly a top 3 song for me. However, it has a minute long outro that sounds weird unless allowing it to flow into the next song. That caused me to pick another song on the album.

However, earlier someone drafted two songs from the same artist back to back and that gave me the idea to do likewise with these two opening songs from the album. I’m not sure how many of you are still listening to my selections, but if you are, enjoy!

Barring any late additions, the playlist finishes at 199 songs and 12 hours 22 minutes.

Spotify doesn't track actual numbers of streams within playlist metadata but it does assign a relative "popularity" ranking to each song on a non-linear 1-99 scale. The most "popular" drafted song with over a half billion streams was the Mitski song. I would have expected it to be the Olivia Rodrigo song but that ranked second. At the other end of the spectrum are JoshKingz and the Still Traffico garage edit with under 1000 streams each which means they aren't monetized by Spotify. The mean and median "popularity" were almost identical at 37.9 and 38 respectively. The parameter isn't consistent (i.e. songs with more streams sometimes have lower popularity) but I think it's pretty safe to say our average song in this draft had less than a million streams.

The highest "danceability" ranking goes to "Johnny Dang" by That Mexican OT while "Violet II" by GRMLN gets the highest "energy" for some reason.

Full playlist metadata available here

Barring any late additions, the playlist finishes at 199 songs and 12 hours 22 minutes.

Spotify doesn't track actual numbers of streams within playlist metadata but it does assign a relative "popularity" ranking to each song on a non-linear 1-99 scale. The most "popular" drafted song with over a half billion streams was the Mitski song. I would have expected it to be the Olivia Rodrigo song but that ranked second. At the other end of the spectrum are JoshKingz and the Still Traffico garage edit with under 1000 streams each which means they aren't monetized by Spotify. The mean and median "popularity" were almost identical at 37.9 and 38 respectively. The parameter isn't consistent (i.e. songs with more streams sometimes have lower popularity) but I think it's pretty safe to say our average song in this draft had less than a million streams.

The highest "danceability" ranking goes to "Johnny Dang" by That Mexican OT while "Violet II" by GRMLN gets the highest "energy" for some reason.

Both of those were mine. :kicksrock:

What can I say? They were in my Top 20 2023 songs.

"Speechiness" went to uHh HuHh.mp3 by TisaKorean, the only song to break the .5 barrier. We here at rockaction island like our songs "speechy," as if rap couldn't just rap-a-lot.

'Twas mine, by the way.

I did not finish the countdown. My apologies. Life got a little hectic. That's the first time that's ever happened to me. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Are those scores basically what they use for the algorithm to recommend songs to each user?

Are those scores basically what they use for the algorithm to recommend songs to each user?

They're part of the soup but I don't think they're as important as listener history, genre, related artists, etc.

I found it interesting when I was making my long list for the MAD covers project that almost all of the recommended tracks were also covers.

[A] Meta Data

1. uri — The unique Spotify URI for the track.
  2. id — The unique Spotify ID for the track.
  3. popularity — The popularity of the album. The value will be between 0 and 100, with 100 being the most popular. The popularity is calculated from the popularity of the album’s individual tracks.
  4. name — Name of the track
  5. duration_ms — length of the track in milliseconds
  6. artist — name of the artist
  7. release_date — The date the album was first released, for example “1981–12–15”. Depending on the precision, it might be shown as “1981” or “1981–12”.
  8. album — name of the album the track belongs to
  9. artist_genre — genre of the artist
Audio features

1. acousticness — [0–1] Confidence measure of whether the track is acoustic.
  2. danceability — [0–1] Describes how suitable a track is for dancing based on musical attributes including tempo, rhythm, stability, beat strength, and overall regularity.
  3. energy — [0–1] Perceptual measure of intensity and activity. Energetic tracks feel fast, loud, and noisy (e.g. death metal: high energy, Bach prelude: low energy)
  4. instrumentalness — [0–1] Predicts whether a track contains no vocals (values above 0.5 represent instrumental tracks whereas rap songs would have a score close to 0).
  5. liveness — [0–1] Detects the presence of an audience in the recording.
  6. loudness — [-60–0 dB] The average volume across an entire track.
  7. speechiness — [0–1] Detects the presence of spoken words in a track (values above 0.66 describe tracks that are probably made entirely of spoken words, 0.33–0.66 describe tracks that may contain both music and speech, and values below 0.33 most likely represent music and other non-speech-like tracks).
  8. valence — [0–1] Describes the musical positiveness conveyed by a track. Tracks with high valence sound more positive (e.g. happy, cheerful, euphoric), while tracks with low valence sound more negative (e.g. sad, depressed, angry).
  9. mode — Mode indicates the modality (major or minor) of a track, the type of scale from which its melodic content is derived. Major is represented by 1 and minor is 0.
  10. tempo — The overall estimated tempo of a track in beats per minute (BPM). In musical terminology, tempo is the speed or pace of a given piece and derives directly from the average beat duration.
  11. time_signature — An estimated overall time signature of a track. The time signature (meter) is a notational convention to specify how many beats are in each bar (or measure).
  12. key — The key the track is in. Integers map to pitches using standard Pitch

The good news is the weather has been nice so we've made it to song #141 in the playlist. The bad news is MAD covers start dropping tomorrow with more rain in the forecast later in the week.

I did notice that I forgot to add one of my drafted songs to the playlist so it's an even 200 songs.

It took a while but I finally made it through the playlist 🏁 and added these songs from the draft to my 2023 Songs I Liked playlist.

(Caveat: Depending on what I'm doing while listening, I can be unreliable about adding songs that I liked. Sometimes I get in a groove and just listen. Conversely, there are some songs with a hook in the intro that I'll add but then grow bored by the end. So I guess things even out in the end. Also some songs/artists were already on my personal list.)

Lol Tolhurst,Budgie,Jacknife Lee,James Murphy Los Angeles (feat. James Murphy)
Son Volt Sometimes You've Got to Stop Chasing Rainbows
Spiritual Cramp Slick Rick
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Miles
Dead Pioneers Political Song
Big Thief Born For Loving You
Tiago Dezordi --- Play Me Some Music
Margo Price --- Change Of Heart
Danger Mouse,Jemini the Gifted One --- Brooklyn Bazquiat
Ben Howard --- Days Of Lantana
Saba,No ID --- hue_man nature
Stephen Sanchez --- Evangeline
The Libertines --- Run Run Run
Yo La Tengo --- Aselestine
Blondshell --- Salad
CMAT --- Stay For Something
The Gaslight Anthem,Bruce Springsteen --- History Books (feat. Bruce Springsteen)
Film School --- Tape Rewind
The Lottery Winners --- Burning House
Jungle --- Back On 74
Melenas --- Bang
The Lottery Winners --- Burning House
Killer Mike --- YES!
There Will Be Fireworks --- Something Borrowed
Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real,Lainey Wilson --- More Than Friends (feat. Lainey Wilson)
Logan Ledger --- Golden State
ANOHNI,Antony and the Johnsons --- It Must Change
Kurt Elling,Charlie Hunter,SuperBlue --- Black Crow
Dollar Signs --- Legend Tripping
Alex Lahey --- Good Time
Hard Lemon Days,Scoopski,Mikey J,Fuzzruckus --- That Boy Band Song
Girl and Girl --- All I See
Ron Gallo --- I LOVE SOMEONE BURIED DEEP INSIDE OF YOU
JoshKingz --- I Love That Woman
Tonique & Man,Jean Tonique,Mi Man --- Day & Night
shame --- Six-Pack
Braids --- Evolution
The Men --- Anyway I Find You
The Wombats --- Is This What It Feels Like to Feel Like This?
Eyedress --- Flowers & Chocolate
The Beths --- Watching The Credits
My Dad Is Dead --- In the Morning
Jalen Ngonda --- That's All I Wanted From You
WIES --- Venus
Home Is Where --- skin meadow
Home Is Where --- lily pad pupils
The Nude Party --- Somebody Tryin’ to Hoodoo Me
Xdinary Heroes --- Good enough

It took a while but I finally made it through the playlist 🏁 and added these songs from the draft to my 2023 Songs I Liked playlist.

(Caveat: Depending on what I'm doing while listening, I can be unreliable about adding songs that I liked. Sometimes I get in a groove and just listen. Conversely, there are some songs with a hook in the intro that I'll add but then grow bored by the end. So I guess things even out in the end. Also some songs/artists were already on my personal list.)

Xdinary Heroes --- Good enoughCool. I'm glad you liked these selections of mine.

Cool. I am glad you liked these selections of mine.

Xdinary Heroes --- Good enough

Users who are viewing this thread