What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Year-end Song Draft - Ends Thursday Jan 25 (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
It's time for the best music discovery draft of the year: the year-end 2023 song draft. One song in the AM (EST) and another in the PM starting on Tuesday (including the weekend). Draft will consist of twenty picks and should end on Thursday Jan 25. You can drop in or out at any time before that.

Any song with a 2023 single or album release date is eligible.

There's no Google sheet for this, just a playlist so songs not on Spotify aren't ideal.

LINK TO PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. But I again did not listen to enough new music over the past 6 months to contribute.

I am going to try to do better again in ‘24.

I’ll add a few songs to the playlist - my general listening is probably a little outside the “norm” on these things though.

I’ll add a few songs to the playlist - my general listening is probably a little outside the “norm” on these things though.
Im going to take rap, folk, rock, edm, jazz so the playlist will be all over the place
Yeah I’m not saying I’ll be listing any obscure acts or genres, it’s just that I gravitate mostly towards the same genre when it comes to new music, Americana/Alt-Country, so my selections stand out - although that’s finally become popular now in a lot of circles so maybe not anymore.

I noticed a bunch of songs from the mid-year draft didn’t make the playlist. I’ll try to help this time although since I’m an Apple Music listener and free Spotify forces random listening, I usually just follow along from the thread.

In.

The problem is not coming with up 20 songs it is narrowing it down to that and then trying to rank them in some sort of order (glancing at my playlist I must have over 90+ songs).

I will see what I can do.

I noticed a bunch of songs from the mid-year draft didn’t make the playlist. I’ll try to help this time although since I’m an Apple Music listener and free Spotify forces random listening, I usually just follow along from the thread.
Most of mine will be front loaded

Narrowed my list of 90+ to 36 and now have pared it down to the Top 20 although ranking them seems arbitrary, but I will start from end first with #20.
All songs posted are available on both Spotify and YouTube

Round 1 (#20)

Sunbeam - Everytime You Call

🎶 Everytime I'm at your door
I'm like, what am I waiting for🎶

Some fun Power Pop to start things off:

Last edited:
2. Nation of Language - Stumbling Still

This was a band that I was intending to see live this year, but between a Thursday night show, 3 hour drive, work the next day, going to shows/festivals all summer long, and recovering/preparing for CFB tailgating, I passed on it. Whenever I play this album, my spouse and I both nod and agree that we messed up not going to the show.

1. Jason Isbell and 400 Unit - Miles

Excellent! Reminds me of The Jayhawks and a few other bands.

Users who are viewing this thread