What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 US Open - Shinnecock! (1 Viewer)

Just one quick comment on the Phil thing....I get the that the greens were tough etc.,....but am I the only one that actually thought he kind of over cooked that putt....as soon as he hit it, I was yelling “hit a house”...it was obvious it was going to fly by....

Samantha Ruddy‏Verified account @samlymatters 23h23 hours ago

I saw a strip club across the street from a minigolf place and I’m liberal but that’s too much for me.

What if you’re just trying to have a nice afternoon with your family then your kids look across the street and have to see a bunch of losers playing minigolf?

Yep.  Fleetwood is a couple of birdies from the low round in Major history.
Dammit it - great round, wish he would have made it. 

Johnny Miller 63 at Oakmont!!!  (was -8 btw).  

People hate on Miller these days for his commentary and constant mentioning of this round.  i love the guy - had a poster of him on my wall as a kid, and love his commentary.  1973 was smack in the middle of my heyday of falling in love with golf.  

Never've heard a worse gallery.  Ever.  Middle-aged men screaming the second after every shot was hit, hoping that their high school buddy DVR'd their one shining moment in the wind.  Every time a player hit a shot, it felt like you were at a carnival, watching some kook try way too hard to win the biggest stuffed animal.

Never've heard a worse gallery.  Ever.  Middle-aged men screaming the second after every shot was hit, hoping that their high school buddy DVR'd their one shining moment in the wind.  Every time a player hit a shot, it felt like you were at a carnival, watching some kook try way too hard to win the biggest stuffed animal.
Yeah, I could do without that myself

Guess I dont really get this....who really gives a #### what they say as long as it isnt in the middle of somebody’s backswing?

Why would a 50-yard wedge to the pin be a big deal exactly? He would have likely had a fairly decent two-putt. 
I am assuming he would have been thigh high in ####...pleas dont act like it wouldnt have really changed things....I doubt he chips it 10 feet from the cup...

Last edited by a moderator:
Koepka was awesome, but that last shot was horrible.  Prior to hitting the shot the announcer said the one thing you cannot do is go left into the bunker and he hits 30 yards left of the bunker into what would have been the foot high fescue.  Instead a bounce back into perfect grass for a relatively easy chip/putt onto the green.  As was said, it would have been a giant choke if not for the grandstand and would have made for a bit more of drama on the finish.

And Joe Buck is horrible.

THANK YOU.

Guess I dont really get this....who really gives a #### what they say as long as it isnt in the middle of somebody’s backswing?
For me it's a "type" that I can't stand.  The accent, the attitude, the arrogance.   :X    I'll stay here in Oregon.

They shout a lot of dumb stuff.  There was the Dilly Dilly guy on Saturday I kept hearing (I think with Rose's tee shots).  Some guy today yelled out "how's your ankle" after a Finau tee shot I think on 17.  Yes, I know what he is referencing, but what is the point of yelling that?  The worst, though, are the idiots who yell "get in the hole" on the tee shots from 500 yards away.  

They shout a lot of dumb stuff.  There was the Dilly Dilly guy on Saturday I kept hearing (I think with Rose's tee shots).  Some guy today yelled out "how's your ankle" after a Finau tee shot I think on 17.  Yes, I know what he is referencing, but what is the point of yelling that?  The worst, though, are the idiots who yell "get in the hole" on the tee shots from 500 yards away.  
########s know no bounds

Who cares?

THANK YOU.

For me it's a "type" that I can't stand.  The accent, the attitude, the arrogance.   :X    I'll stay here in Oregon.
You dont think this happens every week on the tour? It’s just how somebody sounds when they say it....?...and you can tell arrogance in a 4 word sentence...?....sounds like you have issues with east coast people based on a few knuckleheads at a golf tourney....really..?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's people within earshot all around on different holes that could very well be in their backswing
This happens every week on the tour.....if somebody is really causing issues they get dealt with/asked to leave....I see nothing wrong with people having fun cheering on the guys....and even dont have a problem with them talking a little smack to get in their heads....every other sport there is all kinds of talk from the fans to the “professional athletes”...are they really so soft that they really not handle a little heckling...?....again, I get it if it is in somebody’s backswing, but after that....who cares...

You dont think this happens every week on the tour? It’s just how somebody sounds when they say it....?...and you can tell arrogance in a 4 word sentence...?....sounds like you have issues with east coast people based on a few knuckleheads at a golf tourney....really..?
1.  I do.  If you read above you'd see that I think it's probably more to do with Fox's mics than anything.

2.  Yes, they are arrogant dbags.  "Listen to ME!!!!"  Arrogance, narcissism, whatever.  Dbags.

3.  I have issues w/ NE dbags based on life experience which was reinforced this weekend.

4.  Galileo, BInky, and I agree.  You don't.  That's fine.  You either moved to CO from the NE or you are more enlightened than me.  Congrats. 

Users who are viewing this thread