What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NFL Free Agency & Trades - Jadeveon Clowney & Logan Ryan are still available (1 Viewer)

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports the league is considering delaying the start of free agency.

The legal tampering period is supposed to begin Monday, with open free agency following on Wednesday. Per Florio, an announcement would come after NFLPA voting on the new CBA concludes on Sunday. Florio reports the league is "keenly aware of the optics of players agreeing to terms on multi-million-dollar deals while the rest of the nation is adjusting to what will still be as of next week the early days of the coronavirus crisis." Many teams have already banned employee travel. Free agent visits would be extremely difficult to coordinate, not to mention put the players in a difficult spot. With the nation distracted at the dawn of a pandemic, a delay frankly seems like a no-brainer move.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Mar 12, 2020, 6:46 PM ET

This isn't a FA, but the Ravens traded a 5th rounder for Calais Campbell. Other than Brady(and maybe Rivers) there is no FA move that is anywhere near as meaningful as this deal. Campbell is arguably the best DL in the NFL after Donald. Yes, he's old, but he's arguably at his career peak. 

What are the Jags thinking here? They just traded a dollar for a nickel. Sure it clears a ton of money, but there is nobody they can sign who will help them more than Campbell did. If they are doing this to sign Ngakoue long term, than they are idiots. Ngakoue succeeds mostly because of the attention Campbell gets. 

For those who don't follow D-Line play, this would be similar to the Falcons trading Julio for a day 3 pick, so they can sign Ridley long term. 

Monster upgrade for the Ravens, they got an all-pro at a position of need for almost nothing. 

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Cowboys, Bills, Jets and Raiders are "among the teams showing interest" in free agent Chris Harris.

The Broncos, meanwhile, supposedly have not closed the door on re-signing their No. 1 corner, but 30-year-old Harris appears all but certain to depart. Even at his advancing age for a corner, we would expect Harris' market to be fierce.

RELATED: 

Buffalo Bills

, Dallas Cowboys

, Las Vegas Raiders

, New York Jets

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Mar 16, 2020, 12:24 PM ET

The NFL is the only game in town right now and they're not disappointing.
Jay Glazer also saying another major trade about to go down. This is best twitter day of the year!

If I had to predict, I got a feeling Odell gets dealt, this trade or one coming.

Michael Silver: “Another big-name player whose name is coming up in trade talks: Rams RB Todd Gurley. As I reported in December, the team may be ready to move on.”

Michael Silver: “Another big-name player whose name is coming up in trade talks: Rams RB Todd Gurley. As I reported in December, the team may be ready to move on.”
Would not that possible to trade him for much return today but then David Johnson and a second for Hopkins happened.

Must be Ngakoue, no?
I wouldn’t be very surprised either way:

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington

Perhaps the bliss of a Super Bowl cured some of the issues, but in my talks during the postseason, there was some clear dissension between Chiefs and Chris Jones’ camp. Without a long-term deal, I just don’t see this going well. Tag helps create time... but won’t create goodwill.

8:31 AM · Mar 16, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread