What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings (1 Viewer)

One thing I'm wondering about: Has Pollard's value as a Lotto taken a serious hit? With that OL and no Prescott, does Pollard have much value? 

In a strict sense he does if Elliott is injured. But with an OL that currently has only 1/5 starters, is there much upside there?

One thing I'm wondering about: Has Pollard's value as a Lotto taken a serious hit? With that OL and no Prescott, does Pollard have much value? 

In a strict sense he does if Elliott is injured. But with an OL that currently has only 1/5 starters, is there much upside there?
I think this is a fair concern, along with him not really looking like a world beater when he does get the nod.

I think this is a fair concern, along with him not really looking like a world beater when he does get the nod.
I dropped him last week for these very same reasons. Pollard hasn’t looked all that impressive (nor has Zeke, for that matter) and I don’t think the upside is there with Dalton at the helm. IMO he went from being a premium handcuff to an above average one.

I carried Pollard all season but finally dropped him Friday when Jamaal Williams was in play.  The whole Cowboys offense is a mess and unpredictable so I view Pollard’s value in 2020 to be much less now.  

Seems like this situation just went from bad to worse. Droppable for non-Elliot owners?

So Hasty looked really good, over 6 YPC running in obvious running situations playing with the lead, and a 16 yard reception. This lotto ticket could pay off soon, it certainly looks like they’re phasing him into a larger role in the offense

I agree with the recent Pollard discussion.  I have Zeke and I'm still considering dropping Pollard.  Hell, I don't even feel like I HAVE to start Zeke it's been so bad lately - I'm definitely not going to plug Pollard in if Zeke gets hurt.

I'm considering dropping Pollard to pick up Brieda or Booker over him.  Both MIA and LV fantasy schedules are better that DAL, I'm actually leaning toward Booker due to his probably use if something happens to Jacobs.

We have a relatively short bench, and I'm afraid that I'm gonna have to drop Lat Murray.  How bad is this going to come back and bite me in the ###?

D’Onta Foreman is the handcuff to Derrick Henry. 

Jeremy McNichols is the 3rd down/COP RB. 

I agree with the recent Pollard discussion.  I have Zeke and I'm still considering dropping Pollard.  Hell, I don't even feel like I HAVE to start Zeke it's been so bad lately - I'm definitely not going to plug Pollard in if Zeke gets hurt.

I'm considering dropping Pollard to pick up Brieda or Booker over him.  Both MIA and LV fantasy schedules are better that DAL, I'm actually leaning toward Booker due to his probably use if something happens to Jacobs.
Here's a question: Pollard has looked better than Zeke all season in this offense. He's much more dynamic as a pass catcher and actually has a significantly better PFF grade. 

I've personally never been very high on Elliott, I think he's severely overhyped playing behind one of the best OLs in the league, a very good young QB, and because he's a Cowboy. I've always thought Elliott was only an above average back in probably the best situation in the NFL over his career. I think we're seeing the fruits of that now. 

Anyways, is it possible that Pollard actually delivers more value than Zeke down the stretch should he go in?

Here's a question: Pollard has looked better than Zeke all season in this offense. He's much more dynamic as a pass catcher and actually has a significantly better PFF grade. 

I've personally never been very high on Elliott, I think he's severely overhyped playing behind one of the best OLs in the league, a very good young QB, and because he's a Cowboy. I've always thought Elliott was only an above average back in probably the best situation in the NFL over his career. I think we're seeing the fruits of that now. 

Anyways, is it possible that Pollard actually delivers more value than Zeke down the stretch should he go in?
I’ve been saying this on the Zeke thread, but most are completely deluded and ignoring this FACT. Nobody is as durable as Zeke, and he’s solid at everything, but not worth his exorbitant contract. I have Pollard in dynasty and think we may have to wait until 2022 to see him get a feature role. 

That line played well enough yesterday and Pollard is just a good football player and makes things happen when he gets touches 

Fresh off Gilligan’s Island?
No, Buddy Howell is the guy with the glasses that sings in that reedy Texas voice. 

You know, "Oooweeeooo I look just like Buddy Howell...oh oh and you're Mary Tyler Moore"

eta* In all seriousness, just watched his highlights and checked his date of signing, etc. He's been on the Miami practice squad for a few years now. He looks...okay, I guess in what I can make of it. Seems like Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson would be first in line to go over him, though. I just don't really see anything eye-popping with this dude. I could be wrong though. Nothing like investigating on one's own. His preseason highlights are right up on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah as lotto tickets go we need to consider who’s behind Duke. This dude and Scottie Phillips need our attention. Buddy looked interesting in the college highlights I saw. Saw some receiving TDs. 

No, Buddy Howell is the guy with the glasses that sings in that reedy Texas voice. 

You know, "Oooweeeooo I look just like Buddy Howell...oh oh and you're Mary Tyler Moore"

eta* In all seriousness, just watched his highlights and checked his date of signing, etc. He's been on the Miami practice squad for a few years now. He looks...okay, I guess in what I can make of it. Seems like Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson would be first in line to go over him, though. I just don't really see anything eye-popping with this dude. I could be wrong though. Nothing like investigating on one's own. His preseason highlights are right up on YouTube.
You are referring to the Bears Lamar Miller, right?

I’ve watched both Scottie and Buddy’s highlights. I’m not smart enough to dissect as they look good in highlights. 

You are referring to the Bears Lamar Miller, right?
Oh dude, massive slip up. It's Miller, Nall, and Patterson who are on the Bears that I was reading about today. My mistake. It's just Duke Johnson and C.J. Prosise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread