What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Anarchy's ******* Love Child League Thread (1 Viewer)

How about everyone in the leagues he is effecting just send him an email reminder.

61 emaisl between the three leagues should do it!   :stirspot:

pfcommish@gmail.com
I actually just saw this post. :lmao: i was in such a hurry to catch up that I didn't read up from the last time I was in here. sorry again for holding up the start of the draft. I think my yearly average for the other Anarchy leagues was under 20 minutes, just ruined that stat in one day.

First time playing this format and it's odd how little is left in the way of RB2, WR2 types in round 3 and 4.

I actually just saw this post. :lmao: i was in such a hurry to catch up that I didn't read up from the last time I was in here. sorry again for holding up the start of the draft. I think my yearly average for the other Anarchy leagues was under 20 minutes, just ruined that stat in one day.

First time playing this format and it's odd how little is left in the way of RB2, WR2 types in round 3 and 4.

:football:   play ball

I wouldn't worry too much about a blip in drafting. If all the drafts got done tomorrow, we'd have to wait a month for the season to start anyway. We aren't really under duress to get things wrapped up quickly (which has been an issue a couple of times over years).

You can't really look at regular league size RB1's / WR2's / etc. A couple of guys that would be WR4's in 10-team leagues will be WR2's in a 32-team league. All teams are going to look watered down compared to "regular" fantasy teams.

What I find interesting is how this draft is different or the same compared to the other Anarchy drafts. For example, LAC TMQB was the 9th TMQB selected across all 5 leagues, as in EXACTLY the 9th TMQB selected in each draft. Falcons TMQB went almost 40 picks earlier in ABLC than the ADP from the other leagues. Javonte Williams went 57 picks earlier. Michael Thomas fell 60+ spots. I find this stuff both interesting and odd, as all the drafts started at the same time. There are lots of quirky things like that.

Nothing more challenging really than this 32 team league where every pick matters really but yeah after your first 2 picks you are pretty much in uncharted territory already as far as ADP and so on go.

Falcons TMQB went almost 40 picks earlier in ABLC than the ADP from the other leagues.
 I was absolutely getting  TMQB at this spot and after getting Kyle Pitts the previous pick at 2.29 with the rookie TE gamble I decided to go all in go with the stack.  My other TMQB choice was WFT here. 

It looks like the site prohibits drafting players recently added to the player pool, including some of the PK.

Warning: Players with a * indicator are currently locked! This means they will not be selected if they are still locked when your turn to draft comes up. You can see all the locked players in the Report > Player > Locked Players report.

https://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2021/locked_players?L=12629
I unlocked all the player on the list. If there is a player someone wants to draft that is not on the active player list, let me know who it is and we can do a temporary work around as a placeholder.

This is my first time in ABLC after a bunch of years of regular Anarchy leagues, and it looks like a tough contest to win. 32 teams so only 1/32 win. Only 10 rounds, which is not that many chances to separate yourself. A long time between picks, which means you don't have a shot to draft a lot of players that you like or who fall farther than they should.

QB
8.22 QB Patriots NE (QB30)

I think there aren't any terrible options this year, so I was pretty content to get whoever at the end of the draft (especially considering some of the guys going in rd10 at other positions). I strongly considered Mahomes at 1.11 because of his playoff value, but once I passed on him QBs kept getting drafted before they even made it onto my radar as options. Until round 8, when QB Patriots was surprisingly still available as QB30, and I decided to snatch them up. The Patriots went well before this in the regular Anarchy leagues, and there's a lot to like here: Cam will scores points with his legs as long as he's playing, Mac Jones will hopefully only play if he looks good, their receiving corps has gotten major upgrades since last year, they got pretty good production out of Garoppolo & Cassel in past years, and they have some playoff potential. The downside of this pick is that it knocks both my kicker and defense down a tier, and the Tyrod Taylor Texans have some advantages too (like game scripts & QB rushing).

Other than Mahomes, the QB picks that seemed like the most solid values were Bucs (1.31), Ravens (2.04), Cardinals (2.12), Saints (3.27), and Texans (10.21).

RB
1.11 Saquon Barkley NYG (RB7)
6.22 JD McKissic WAS (RB52)

Barkley has a shot to be the top scoring non-QB - I think a better shot than any of the other guys who were available at 1.11. Obviously tons of injury risk, but you need some things to break your way to finish 1st out of 32 so I'm taking a shot at this one. McKissic is on the opposite end of the spectrum, going for OBP rather than SLG - in the back half of the draft, I'm mainly just trying to not have any holes in my lineup and his receiving value should contribute. I guess he has some upside too, given what he did last year. I like these two a lot more with PPR than in the regular Anarchy leagues.

I would've loved to get Najee Harris in rd2 or Travis Etienne in rd3, but they didn't quite make it to me (they went 2.16 & 3.10). Other good RB values include Joe Mixon (2.08), Antonio Gibson (2.09), D'Andre Swift (2.14), Chase Edmonds (3.22), Ronald Jones (4.27), Kenyan Drake (5.12), AJ Dillon (5.21), Nyheim Hines (5.30), and Darrynton Evans (10.08).

WR+flex
2.22 Cooper Kupp LAR (WR20)
3.11 Courtland Sutton DEN (WR28)
4.22 Curtis Samuel WAS (WR45)
5.11 Michael Pittman IND (WR54)

We go significantly deeper at WR in this league than in the regular Anarchy leagues, so I wanted to be pretty aggressive about getting WRs before we get too deep. Taking 4 in the first 5 rounds was more aggressive than I needed to be - there were reasonable options available into rd8 - but I'm pretty happy with the ones I got. And I was mainly considering these guys vs other WRs (like Julio & Lockett in rd2, Golladay & Anderson in rd3, Fuller in rd4, Marquise Brown in rd5). Kupp has a QB upgrade & potential playoff value, Sutton could be a star, Samuel has gotten a lot of love in some quarters (including Reception Perception), Pittman could have a year 2 breakout & should at least have a pretty big role. Downsides include injury issues for Sutton & Samuel.

I was crossing my fingers that Tyreek Hill would fall to me at 1.11, but he went 1 pick earlier. Some other WR picks I liked, besides the guys I've mentioned: DeAndre Hopkins (1.24), Antonio Brown (4.10), Will Fuller (5.05), Jakobi Meyers (7.04), Rondale Moore (7.12), Sterling Shepard (7.15), Terrace Marshall (7.24).

TE
7.11 OJ Howard TB (TE30)
Without premium scoring, TE wasn't a priority for me. Kelce is a great option in early round 1, but other than that TEs went off the board rather early for my taste (and the few exceptions didn't align with my picks). I grabbed Howard in round 7 because he was the last one left who offered both an adequate most-likely scenario and some upside. Though he also has that injury risk, and he may need some help to reach his upside (in the form of missed games or decline from at least 1 of Gronk, Antonio Brown, Godwin, and Evans).

Besides Kelce at 1.07, I also liked the picks: Hunter Henry (6.06), Gerald Everett (6.16), and CJ Uzomah (8.28).

PK
9.11 Graham Gano NYG (PK21)
I would've loved to get Butker in rd6 but just missed on him. After that, I mainly just wanted to get a clear starting kicker. Strongly considered Crosby in rd7 and McManus in rd8 before ending up with Gano in rd9, doubling up on Giants (along with Football Teamers).

In addition to the guys I've mentioned, Justin Tucker (6.15), Jason Meyers (8.04), and Josh Lambo (9.22) were also all good values.

DEF
10.22 Cincinnati Bengals CIN (DEF30)
I know that defense isn't irrelevant in this format - I can see that scores last year ranged from over 200 down to negative numbers - but there's enough uncertainty about which ones will be good so that I was willing to roll the dice on one of the last defenses. I would've rather gotten a rd9 defense - that was the sweet spot in this draft IMO - but QB Patriots swayed me from that plan so I ended QB Patriots - PK Gano - DEF Bengals instead of PK McManus - DEF Giants - QB Texans. We'll see which trio does better.

All of ATL (9.19), NYJ (9.28), and NYG (9.29) seem like good values.

So that's my draft. RB-WR-WR-WR-WR-RB-TE-QB-PK-DEF.

Draft completed finally. Remember, after Week 1 of the regular season, each team is allowed one free agent pickup (if desired). The acquiring team will get that player’s scoring from Weeks 1-22 (and lose the dropped player’s scoring from Week 1). The waiver claim order is the reverse order of the draft. 

And congrats to @rzrback77for getting more mileage out of his 2021 first round pick (BUF TMQB) compared to his 2018 first round pick (2nd overall) . . . LeVeon Bell (who delivered a quality 0.0 points on the season that year). Rate My Team still isn't impressed, giving this team an F for a grade. But 400+ points compared to 0 from a first round pick is nothing to sneeze at. Good luck, good buddy!

As a side note, I will be the first person to not worry at all what the Rate My Team results show. One year for my No Mercy team, back when it gave the results projected from 4 staffers instead of one result, I was a lead pipe cinch to make the playoffs. I was at 99% from all 4 experts with good, bad, and practically no roster management. I got the lock icon from each expert.

Between injuries, veterans that had subpar seasons, and guys expected to take the next step that actually took a step backwards, I ended up with a losing record and nowhere near a playoff spot. It happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that each owner has the option to replace one player on your roster after Week 1. As soon as MNF is over, I will start the process of contacting people individually. The order will be the reverse of the draft order. 

You will lose whatever Week 1 score from that player and will gain the Week 1 score of the new player (as well as all subsequent weeks of scoring). Any player dropped will become available to other owners.

I will post here the players that were dropped and claimed. I will also update the MFL site, so theoretically the list of free agents should be updated before each owner picks (or declines to pick) a replacement player.

Would you like those back?
I guess Bass is so despondent over his team that he has gone AWOL on getting back to me with a replacement pick. While he likely would want an entirely new roster, the rules prohibit me from granting such a request. While I wait for him to get back to me, I will be busy polishing up his forthcoming 29th place medal, which I will ship out to him in February.

I guess Bass is so despondent over his team that he has gone AWOL on getting back to me with a replacement pick. While he likely would want an entirely new roster, the rules prohibit me from granting such a request. While I wait for him to get back to me, I will be busy polishing up his forthcoming 29th place medal, which I will ship out to him in February.

You make my ex-wife seem kind, patient, and and a saint.

KJ Hamler

Going to skip Mr. Landry for now. Can't wait longer as e are under the gun to get things wrapped up quickly. He can jump in and take someone that is a free agent at the time when he checks in.

@Anarchy99I am going to be on the road for a lot of the time the next two days. I am still well down the list to make the edit and I definitely want to drop that RB for Atlanta that excelled all pre-season, only to be dropped at the final team cuts. O-something, I forget his name right now as I am really tired.

If someone could email me or better yet, text me if someone has my number I will do my best to respond as soon as I can.

@Anarchy99I am going to be on the road for a lot of the time the next two days. I am still well down the list to make the edit and I definitely want to drop that RB for Atlanta that excelled all pre-season, only to be dropped at the final team cuts. O-something, I forget his name right now as I am really tired.

If someone could email me or better yet, text me if someone has my number I will do my best to respond as soon as I can.
I texted the only number I have . . . hopefully that is the right one.

Dropping Perriman, Breshad CHI WR and adding Bourne, Kendrick NEP WR.

Box scores can be misleading sometimes. I watched the NE game, and Bourne was very active against the Dolphins. He had 4 catches for 78 yards on 6 targets . . . and was wide open on the 2 incompletions (those passes were off because Jones was pressured or getting hit). Bourne looked decent to me. The problem was, 3 of his receptions got wiped out by penalties (2 on NE, 1 on MIA). So he only officially got credit for 1 catch for 17 yards. NE has little depth at WR, so he should see some targets each week.

And . . . we're done. I reached out to MFL to rescore Week 1. Some years they are on top of things, other years not so much. We'll so how things go this time around.

I believe I got everyone's pick swaps, but please double check to make sure. Week 1 results have been-scored.

You know you aren't going to have a big scoring week when you check in to the scores just before the end of the 1:00 PM Sunday games . . . and your team has NEGATIVE points for the week.

Stop crying, my team is far and away the worst here.
Your team reminds me of the Schlep Rock character from the Flintstones.....always had that thundercloud following him around :).  Talk about 'buzzard luck?!  Damn man, who'd you piss off to get such ####ty karma.  Negative 0.88 pts to start the 2nd half of the SNF game?  No one else should be #####ing.  Feel your pain @Ruffrodys05

I'd possibly have a chance to compete late into the season if KC's defense wouldn't constantly keep posting low single digits to negative numbers.  Also lost my PK.  It's a long season though, so we'll see.  Another shout out to @Anarchy99 for tolerating us every year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maggot Brain said:
Your team reminds me of the Schlep Rock character from the Flintstones.....always had that thundercloud following him around :).  Talk about 'buzzard luck?!  Damn man, who'd you piss off to get such ####ty karma.  Negative 0.88 pts to start the 2nd half of the SNF game?  No one else should be #####ing.  Feel your pain @Ruffrodys05
I'll finish the week here at -0.88 pts........is that a record? Please, tell me it's a record. Been doing mocks here since '07.......not one record set.

Users who are viewing this thread