What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Final Week of the Regular Season IDP Info/Comments/News/Recommendations (1 Viewer)

I'm surprised at how many shares of Greenard I was able to snag last night in waivers.

Same. I had added him in one league after the Pats game but not my others. Was still able to add him in the others this week. Nicely hidden on a dumpsterfire type team. 

Stephen Weatherly traded to Denver. Sounds like there is a good chance he will get LB snaps while keeping his DE designation on MFL

Davenport back!  Starting him over Hyder and Green or do they ease him in?  Like his matchup

Man, did I ever start some chaff this week.  It looks like I won while starting Keenum, D'Ernest, Darrel and Damien Williams, and Freddy Swain.  Hooray for IDPs!

I had a win in one of my Zealots PPR leagues this week where more than 50% of my scoring came from IDPs. Hooray, indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a win in one of my Zealots PPR leagues this week where more than 50% of my scoring came from IDPs. Hooray, indeed.
I love IDPs, but Zealots has gone a bit too IDP heavy in scoring for DL and LBs IMO.  Yet, DBs have become a dime a dozen...even more so than they were in the past.  My biggest gripe is tackles for DBs are worth 1.2pts but a passed defended is only worth 1pt?  That makes no sense.  In all IDP scoring systems PDs should be worth more than a tackle.  If a defensive back does their job a pass attempt would be knocked down (or intercepted) before a catch is made and a tackle occurs.  Just my 2 cents.

Congrats on the IDP heavy win though.  😎  Still the biggest advantage a GM can have is by managing their defense and mining the knowledge gap that is still out there with IDPs.

Lol... dang that is some serious chaff, Tick.

Definitely relative based on scoring and lineup reqs but it feels good to be carried by IDP. My best team had poor performances in most offensive slots (Mahomes / Gibson / Tyreek) and IDPs accounted for 100 of my 178 for the week. Greenard / Long / Walker / Warner lead the charge. 3 waiver wire warriors, with only Warner as a draft pick at 4.08 as a rookie. My other relatively normal leagues were 133/243 and 131/221.

IDP is absolutely the last bastion of FF for those that want to win based on their own effort.

I haven't been at this too long, but it seems that IDP is really partially based on gaming the scoring system one is under and relies less on the talent of the players than the offensive side of the ball. For example, if you have no true EDGE designation, you'll want an off-ball linebacker or an ILB, and the best players generally aren't playing those positions (unless you have a true stud MLB). In the event of a true stud MLB, though, a team may realize that they want him rushing the passer like Parsons and make him a DE or EDGE in everything but designation. That's how you wind up with draft picks at the 2.5 and 2.6 that don't pan out like you'd hoped and that sink your team. You'd hope that selecting the best players with capital earned through trades would suffice, but it doesn't seem to. 

Argh. Just frustrating. Have endured a crappy season with IDP. And I've worked fairly hard at it, researched before I bought, drafted three LBs to step into situations that should have been exploitable for points. I check stat crews now, even, but it does no good when volume keeps jerking both and forth with guys. 

Yes, I've got Greenard and Long and a few others, but those are the only guys performing. The rest is just chaff. Or at least it chafes. I can't tell which. I did make a mistake and traded away Oluokun, but that's because I value receivers just a bit more than a guy who was taken in the sixth round and stands to maybe not return to Atlanta next season. It's just...everything I thought was I was doing right is something that I'm doing wrong here. Or it's also a patience thing that I need to learn to have while reconstructing a defense. 

What I think I'm learning is to take guys in the fourth round or later, save the draft capital for the offensive guys, and just ride out the first weeks' bumps and bruises, whereupon you can suss out volume and injury and hope to capitalize on guys that have at least a greater than 80-85 percent snap share. 

Anyway, just spitballing. Reeder sounds like a good get this week, but who knows if Ernest Jones eats into his time that we expect he'll have. McVay already alluded to that. 

Any tips welcome and appreciated. 

I love IDPs, but Zealots has gone a bit too IDP heavy in scoring for DL and LBs IMO.  Yet, DBs have become a dime a dozen...even more so than they were in the past.  My biggest gripe is tackles for DBs are worth 1.2pts but a passed defended is only worth 1pt?  That makes no sense.  In all IDP scoring systems PDs should be worth more than a tackle.  If a defensive back does their job a pass attempt would be knocked down (or intercepted) before a catch is made and a tackle occurs.  Just my 2 cents.

Congrats on the IDP heavy win though.  😎  Still the biggest advantage a GM can have is by managing their defense and mining the knowledge gap that is still out there with IDPs.

I do agree with you on DBs. DLs and LBs seem to go early in drafts, but few DBs are drafted and only towards the end.

I've been off and on on the Rules Committee at Zealots (was on last year). Maybe something that I can bring up next time that is up for discussion.

I haven't been at this too long, but it seems that IDP is really partially based on gaming the scoring system one is under and relies less on the talent of the players than the offensive side of the ball. For example, if you have no true EDGE designation, you'll want an off-ball linebacker or an ILB, and the best players generally aren't playing those positions (unless you have a true stud MLB). In the event of a true stud MLB, though, a team may realize that they want him rushing the passer like Parsons and make him a DE or EDGE in everything but designation. That's how you wind up with draft picks at the 2.5 and 2.6 that don't pan out like you'd hoped and that sink your team. You'd hope that selecting the best players with capital earned through trades would suffice, but it doesn't seem to. 

Argh. Just frustrating. Have endured a crappy season with IDP. And I've worked fairly hard at it, researched before I bought, drafted three LBs to step into situations that should have been exploitable for points. I check stat crews now, even, but it does no good when volume keeps jerking both and forth with guys. 

Yes, I've got Greenard and Long and a few others, but those are the only guys performing. The rest is just chaff. Or at least it chafes. I can't tell which. I did make a mistake and traded away Oluokun, but that's because I value receivers just a bit more than a guy who was taken in the sixth round and stands to maybe not return to Atlanta next season. It's just...everything I thought was I was doing right is something that I'm doing wrong here. Or it's also a patience thing that I need to learn to have while reconstructing a defense. 

What I think I'm learning is to take guys in the fourth round or later, save the draft capital for the offensive guys, and just ride out the first weeks' bumps and bruises, whereupon you can suss out volume and injury and hope to capitalize on guys that have at least a greater than 80-85 percent snap share. 

Anyway, just spitballing. Reeder sounds like a good get this week, but who knows if Ernest Jones eats into his time that we expect he'll have. McVay already alluded to that. 

Any tips welcome and appreciated. 
I think some patience may be needed. Jamin Davis was just a one-year starter in college, and I think WFT viewed him more as a project than immediate contributor. Parsons’ role may change when Lawrence comes back.

So, I would not give up on them just yet.

I think some patience may be needed. Jamin Davis was just a one-year starter in college, and I think WFT viewed him more as a project than immediate contributor. Parsons’ role may change when Lawrence comes back.

So, I would not give up on them just yet.
Oh yeah, not giving up at all. Simply talking myself down. I knew Davis was a one-year starter at Kentucky and it was a reservation I had, but I think I'll wait on those guys. 

Landon Collins has been moved closer to the LOS in a box hybrid LB/S scenario. It seemed to work well this last weekend, but he only had about half of the snaps (24 snaps for a 43% snap rate) as Davis/Holcomb are the 3 down LB's. Yes he was productive with those limited snaps as he was focusing on playing downhill rather than in coverage and actually led the team in tackles for the day. I'm holding for now given the LB position play but the number of snaps certainly is concerning. 

What do you guys think - will he hover around 50% of the snaps or will he trend higher?

I ended up getting Reeder in FAAB this week.   Not overly excited, but its depth I guess.   Queen is the one that scares me.   

So I have L Wilson, D Wilson, Queen, K Young(Denver now), Reeder, Barnes(DET), and Collins(ARZ).

Thank goodness for L Wilson!

Was trying to trade for a LB, but this league wont trade unless its bigly in their advantage.   Like Mike Williams for Devin Bush kind of stupid.

That said, i need to start 2 and can use another at flex.   2/tackle, 5/INT, 4/sack.   Do you think Young is a factor in DEN?   Will Barnes ever get enough snaps in 2021?   Will ARZ do with Collins like they did with Simmons, and role him out late in the year?  Is Reeder any good?    Damnit, Queen!!!!

shoot, my bad, Peppers is out for year, NYG DB.   

Zaven might be tho now, fell on his shoulder last night, left game, didnt come back.   TBD i guess.

steelcityman said:
I ended up getting Reeder in FAAB this week.   Not overly excited, but its depth I guess.   Queen is the one that scares me.   

So I have L Wilson, D Wilson, Queen, K Young(Denver now), Reeder, Barnes(DET), and Collins(ARZ).

Thank goodness for L Wilson!

Was trying to trade for a LB, but this league wont trade unless its bigly in their advantage.   Like Mike Williams for Devin Bush kind of stupid.

That said, i need to start 2 and can use another at flex.   2/tackle, 5/INT, 4/sack.   Do you think Young is a factor in DEN?   Will Barnes ever get enough snaps in 2021?   Will ARZ do with Collins like they did with Simmons, and role him out late in the year?  Is Reeder any good?    Damnit, Queen!!!!
I'd dump Barnes if there's anything on the waiver wire.  My targets this week were:

• Davion Taylor
  • Reeder
  • Jamin Davis (gone on all my leagues)
  • Ernest Jones
Light LB week...

I'd just start Wilson, Wilson, and see how Young's PT develops.

To be clear, Barnes in dynasty is a massive buy.

Sometimes on this section we forget to really state what we are up to.

To be clear, Barnes in dynasty is a massive buy.

Sometimes on this section we forget to really state what we are up to.
I had him on a bunch of rosters, but dropped him from most to pick up streamers.  I'm fine with that - I don't know that he'll be any better than whatever versions of Quincy Williams and Troy Reeder are on my roster when he finally starts getting snaps.

I had him on a bunch of rosters, but dropped him from most to pick up streamers.  I'm fine with that - I don't know that he'll be any better than whatever versions of Quincy Williams and Troy Reeder are on my roster when he finally starts getting snaps.
Agreed - I think those investing in Barnes have too high of expectations. He's the sort of player I'd absolutely take a shot on in an offseason, but it'd need to be a real deep league (I'm in some) for me to sit-and-wait. In some formats throwing darts at mid round rookies is a good strategy, but in others I don't think it is. I think the optimal strategy is to throw those darts at young-ish veterans with a clearer path to snaps instead.

I just checked the IDP projections. Can anyone confirm that they are seeing projections for Danielle Hunter and Khari Willis? I thought both were out this week with Hunter going on IR. Help @Joe Bryant

I just checked the IDP projections. Can anyone confirm that they are seeing projections for Danielle Hunter and Khari Willis? I thought both were out this week with Hunter going on IR. Help @Joe Bryant
Both of those guys are out this week.  Willis has a calf injury that he got last game and Hunter tore a pec and is out for the year.  

ETA:  I was seeing Hunter ranked top 10 but Willis was down at 149 with minimal projections so that is in line with him being out.

Thanks. I'm aware of their situations. Wondering why there are projections for those players and I'd assume others who are out as well. I'll check to make sure I'm clicking on the correct week.

Did something happen to Rasul Douglas (100% snaps last week) in practice?

I see J. Norton has him ranked/projected #88 this week between Chris Claybrooks (0% snaps) and James Pierre (12% snaps).

Thanks for any info.

Has he always been that bad, or is it just rust coming back from injury?
Always.  Terrible in Detroit.  Was hoping he'd be able to produce for the Jets, but geez, he always fills the wrong gap, can't cover, and can't tackle.  Guess I thought he'd be different with Saleh than with the idiots in Detroit.  wrong.

Jayon Brown activated.  What does that do to Long's production/play time?  @Bri

Jayon available in my shorter bench league. wonder who will get majority of snaps once Evans is also back between Long, Brown and Evans.... Bri, want to chime in...

Jonathon Cooper blew up after the Von Miller trade. As part of a taxi squad move over the weekend, I promoted Duvernay and needed to add a 1st/2nd year player in my 28 team, salary cap IDP. Thanks to some mentions in our few IDP threads here, I got him for free. Thanks FBG IDPers!

What happened to Lonnie Johnson?  9 snaps after getting 60+ each of the last few weeks.  I don't think he was hurt.  I think he lost his starting spot.  Anybody know anything about this?

So what happens with the Jets with Maye out for the season?  Does Ashtyn Davis stay at SS or get shifted over?  Or are the Jets playing split safeties anyway?

What happened to Lonnie Johnson?  9 snaps after getting 60+ each of the last few weeks.  I don't think he was hurt.  I think he lost his starting spot.  Anybody know anything about this?
I believe it’s because he’s been kinda awful…I don’t see any injury designations 

Jerome Baker lined up on line all game last night.  I’m assuming this was designed to contain Jackson on the perimeter, but I don’t like that going forward.  He was very far from the action most all night.  Anyone know if he’s done this before?  Picked up Baron Browning for a 1 week bye fill in.  Interested in seeing what he looks like.  If Baker is playing a different position, I may drop him.  

Jerome Baker lined up on line all game last night.  I’m assuming this was designed to contain Jackson on the perimeter, but I don’t like that going forward.  He was very far from the action most all night.  Anyone know if he’s done this before?  Picked up Baron Browning for a 1 week bye fill in.  Interested in seeing what he looks like.  If Baker is playing a different position, I may drop him.  
I don't know for sure, but I would be surprised if that was anything more than how they game-planned against Jackson.  In other words, Baker is too good of a player to use him in a way where he's away from the action most of the time.  Just my two cents.  

Fresh off reading this week's The Monster and agree with the assessment there. The really short version is that Jack will no longer have play calling duties and could improve, as he's done better when someone else wears the green dot. Hold and wait - though he's injured, too? - so that may be tough in shallow leagues. 
I'm not enjoying the switch from print to only audio for "The Monster". I just don't have two hours to listen to a podcast where he runs down every team in each matchup that week. There isn't a way I'm aware of to skip through some of the matchups to get to the ones that interest me. When reading "The Monster" I could always skim to the matchups that interested me.

He provides great content and I understand it is less time consuming for him to produce, but I really preferred the original format.

I'm not enjoying the switch from print to only audio for "The Monster". I just don't have two hours to listen to a podcast where he runs down every team in each matchup that week. There isn't a way I'm aware of to skip through some of the matchups to get to the ones that interest me. When reading "The Monster" I could always skim to the matchups that interested me.

He provides great content and I understand it is less time consuming for him to produce, but I really preferred the original format.
Agreed. I loved it for the few weeks I knew it existed. Skipped right to the game notes each week. 15 minutes of awesome that I can't dedicate 2 hours to each week. :(

How good is the Monster as an article/podcast?

I cancelled my sub to IDP Guys (I was disappointed with the access they were charging for w/r/t to offense) and it cancelled me right away but charged me for this year. That was disappointing, to say the least.

Should I continue to patronize them, or what gives?

northern exposure said:

Flying Elvis said:
Agreed. I loved it for the few weeks I knew it existed. Skipped right to the game notes each week. 15 minutes of awesome that I can't dedicate 2 hours to each week. :(
Agree, i loved that article. Skimming to the games of interest was much nicer. The podcast just isnt the same.. Gerbal Peppers?? Lol ok...

Users who are viewing this thread