What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (2 Viewers)

Carr finished 31 of 34 for 323 yards, and remains paced to break Peyton Manning's NFL record for passing yards in a season (5,477).

Derek Carr threw for a career-best 90.9 completion percentage Sunday, the best single-game percentage of the NFL season to date among qualified passers. Carr's previous career high was 90.6.

All you Carr haters should send Carr personal correspondence begging him to forgive you for not having a clue. 
he’s played well but if he gets hit a few times (chargers) he starts panicking. knock on wood but so far he’s seemed to have learned how to run with the ball and not fumble it. 

he’s played well but if he gets hit a few times (chargers) he starts panicking. knock on wood but so far he’s seemed to have learned how to run with the ball and not fumble it. 
I will admit he gets "happy feet". Most QBs do. Get pressure on QBs it happens to the best of them, see Mahomes and Jackson today.

Man, I really like this a lot. I really like that an offense can have different heroes each week. It's not Jacobs and Waller, or the offense stinks. Drake? Another dimension, and really, having one back makes you easier to defend. 

Usage and targets for these players post-Gruden will be fascinating.
Carr almost always distributes the ball. 

How far into the game before the ball actually hit the floor (the INT was the only miss)?

I really like they play calling by Olsen and approach. 

The team does look loose to me. 

I am really getting excited about Bisaccia as the HC. I think the yeam is fighting for him. All reports are pointing to all the players love him. Win or lose, if they keep playing like this, I think Bisaccia gets the intern title taken off. 

I like Mayock as the GM and gaining the 51% of power. Biasaccia looks to be as advertised by pretty much anyone who talks about him from Mayock, to the players, to media, to ex-players etc as a true leader. I am good with Olsen and Bradley as coordinators. I have no position coaches I would like to see replaced. Maybe a new ST or promote Storer if he is ready. We still have a bery young team and even the vets, except Incognito and looks like Wright, have a few years left in them. Solidify the offensive line add depth and we are a team that can be in the playoffs consistently and fight for those SB berths. 

I kind of hate the fact The Raiders dont get another crack at the Chargers until the very last game of the season.
THIS version of the Raiders with this coaching staff would fair sooo much better right now ,what a gauge it would be .

I kind of hate the fact The Raiders dont get another crack at the Chargers until the very last game of the season.
THIS version of the Raiders with this coaching staff would fair sooo much better right now ,what a gauge it would be .
There are a couple of tough games ahead after the Giants which is another "should win" game. 

The Chef's don't look like the previous years Chef's but I am not going to count them out just yet. 

The Bengals are a legit threat. Beating the Ravens today definitely should wake everyone up to that. 

The Cowboys finally realized the rest of their division sucks and they shoulx easily win it. They are playing well. 

That will be a tough three game stretch. 

Washington will be another should win then we get the Chef's again and right into the Browns who should be healed up then and a tough game. 

The thing is the... the last couple of years, we beat good teams and then sucked against bad teams. I think we would have won the Bear game if not for the email drama. Losing to the Chargers isn't anything to be ashamed over and if we had played half way decently in the first half, we could have won that one too. 

BTW: As of tonight, of the season ended, we are in first place in the division and would be the second seed in the playoffs. 

My full game thoughts tomorrow. I don't want to type it out on my phone like I am now. 🤣

Ngakoue was a monster yesterday.  Having him and Crosby coming off the edges is a nightmare for offenses.

The O line played very well yesterday.

Carr really distributed the ball well and he is playing MVP caliber football.  Over 300 yards yesterday and leading receiver had 60 yards.   

Loved how much they got Foster involved yesterday.  I think he could be a starting TE on most teams in the NFL, but is hidden behind Waller.   

And credit where credit is due.  Not sure if the play of the line, or the play calling, maybe both... but the Oline looked really good against a strong front 4 from Philly.   Carr had time, was kept upright.  Only recall the one time his arm was bumped on the attempted pass to Renfrow for what would have been his 17th straight completion. 

And credit where credit is due.  Not sure if the play of the line, or the play calling, maybe both... but the Oline looked really good against a strong front 4 from Philly.   Carr had time, was kept upright.  Only recall the one time his arm was bumped on the attempted pass to Renfrow for what would have been his 17th straight completion. 
They also opened up lanes in the run game better than they have all season.

My thoughts on the Eagles game...

I touched on a few things with my posts such as being excited about Bisaccia, liking how the offense seems to be more focused and yet at the same time fuller, liking the offensive playcalling and how the team seems to be playing loose. I think the core is there from the players being very tight knit group and the leadership of Bisaccia to not only survive the drama from the email scandal but actually use it as fuel. Last week and this week were games we should win. We should have won the Bears game too. I think the drama of the emails wore on the team for sure and we dropped it but with the drama in the rearview, this team has rallied and is playing good football. It does not matter that these are not the best teams in the league- we have beat the best teams in the league not just this year but past years too and for whatever reason the games we should win seemed to be the biggest obstacle to us. It looks like we are over that obstacle. I didn't get to see the Bronco game so this was my first real chance (besides highlights) to see the post Gruden Raiders. 

The offense is geared to go from the start. We were without our best weapon and it didn't look like we were without, which is awesome as it shows that as long as Carr is in there, this offense can miss pieces and still damage NFL defenses. Speaking of missing pieces, the offensive line wasn't an issue, which is good. They didn't dominate but they were not getting dominated either. They gave Drake and Jacobs some room to run (4.9 and 4.8 yards per carry averages) and gave Carr time to throw and Carr was dialed in. 31 of 34 receptions. As usual, he spread it around but Moreau stepped up in and did a job in place of Waller with his 6 receptions for 60 and a TD. I hope we see more two tight end sets with Waller back and get Moreau more into the offense as he proved it beyond any doubt he is truly another weapon. Here is an interesting thing about the offense.... Ingold has a higher yards per reception than Zay Jones. 

Two offensive plays that I loved... one was the Ingold 29 yard reception. Beautiful play with that lead block being let go and then he had a free release to catch a well thrown ball for a nice gain. The second was the Edwards TD reception with him in motion and then quick slant right to the TD. Literally the only thing a defense could do in that position is what they did, put a lick on Edwards and hope he drops it... but Edwards kept that ball and had the touchdown. I also liked seeing the screen again. We have got some yards when we have used it but I like it even more as it helps take off pressure on the line as the defense has to keep that in mind now when before it was literally almost never a consideration. 

Yannick went off with his two sacks and being in several plays like batting down the ball. I loved the one sack that a split second after Yannick got there, Maxx was there and then another split second after that Jefferson came in too. The defense kept the pressure up all game. Most of the Eagle damage came late in the game and I have seen comments about that. I am fine with it, yes the defense got more conservative and made sure to keep everything in front of them- time was on our side and we used the clock. Also, I saw something I almost never do which told me that the defense was gassed.... there was a play that I did not catch jersey numbers but saw two white guys... one flushing Hurts out and the other seemed lackluster, at first I assumed the one flushing was Maxx and the other lackluster effort was Nassib simply because I have NEVER seen Maxx not go full speed on every play. I was wrong, it was switched around and that made perfect sense, Maxx was running on fumes and Nassib was putting in the effort. 

I am really liking what I am seeing from the team. The last two games have been complete games from offense and defense and both were firmly in hand with the end scores not really reflective of how much we were in control. We have our bye week and come back to another game that is a should win. Then we have two tough games at home vs the Chefs and then the Bengals before heading to Dallas which will further tell us if what we are seeing is real or not. Playoffs look like a very real possibility at this point though. 

Running back Josh Jacobs suffered a chest contusion against Philadelphia, interim coach Rich Bisaccia told reporters, and "should be fine." Tight end Darren Waller (foot/ankle) is day to day. The Raiders placed safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Las Vegas Raiders signed tight end Daniel Helmand offensive lineman Hroniss Grasu to the practice squad.

I think even if the emails were never released the Raiders lose to at least one of Bears, Broncos or Eagles.

I think Gruden was just wound so tight and such a perfectionist that the team was always on edge and not in a good way.  Everything we read suggests the entire demeanor of the organization can occasionally relax, take a breath, learn from mistakes rather than let them snowball.

There is a fine balance between being a hard-### and a players coach but ATM the team is walking that line. It would be amazing if Bisaccia keeps it up and gets that interim label removed.

I think even if the emails were never released the Raiders lose to at least one of Bears, Broncos or Eagles.

I think Gruden was just wound so tight and such a perfectionist that the team was always on edge and not in a good way.  Everything we read suggests the entire demeanor of the organization can occasionally relax, take a breath, learn from mistakes rather than let them snowball.

There is a fine balance between being a hard-### and a players coach but ATM the team is walking that line. It would be amazing if Bisaccia keeps it up and gets that interim label removed.
I worked for a guy who was sooo intense that he literally drained the life out of anyone who spent any real time around him. Gruden appears to be that guy.

I worked for a guy who was sooo intense that he literally drained the life out of anyone who spent any real time around him. Gruden appears to be that guy.
It winds people up and they become so concerned about potentially making a mistake that it becomes difficult to excel at the job.

It winds people up and they become so concerned about potentially making a mistake that it becomes difficult to excel at the job.

So true. In sports and in life, most people underperform when they feel constant do-or-die pressure. There's a time and place for some of that, but all the time will only fatigue the mind and soul. It causes people to hesitate for fear of making a mistake. No bueno.

Certain people react differently to different leadership styles. I do agree that the hardcore leadership tends to have s short shelf life but some people thrive under it. 

I am a big believer in Servant Leadership and it was thd focus of my grad work in Organizational Leadership. To sum it up, it is all about the leader helping those whom they lead to become fuller, better people and leaders themselves. The leader pours themselves into those being lead for their benefit. From little bits and pieces I have caught, Bisaccia strikes me as someone who lives those principles if not intentionally through study then naturally as a leader.

Not a fan but pretty impressed with how this team has bounced back. Maybe gruden truly was a problem in the locker room and his act wore thin?

So true. In sports and in life, most people underperform when they feel constant do-or-die pressure. There's a time and place for some of that, but all the time will only fatigue the mind and soul. It causes people to hesitate for fear of making a mistake. No bueno.

Certain people react differently to different leadership styles. I do agree that the hardcore leadership tends to have s short shelf life but some people thrive under it. 

I am a big believer in Servant Leadership and it was thd focus of my grad work in Organizational Leadership. To sum it up, it is all about the leader helping those whom they lead to become fuller, better people and leaders themselves. The leader pours themselves into those being lead for their benefit. From little bits and pieces I have caught, Bisaccia strikes me as someone who lives those principles if not intentionally through study then naturally as a leader.
:coffee:  

Touche. You *might* have been right about my dude, Chucky. Show me where you pointed to this particular angle in your previous criticism. If you did, props. If you didn't, props anyway... Team has definitely played better without him (so far).

Touche. You *might* have been right about my dude, Chucky. Show me where you pointed to this particular angle in your previous criticism. If you did, props. If you didn't, props anyway... Team has definitely played better without him (so far).
The fact remains that this is Gruden's team. Good, bad and ugly... we now know for a fact that Gruden had 51% say vs Mayock. The coaches are his coaches. The players, literally ALL the players with the exception of Carr, are Gruden's guys. You can't say the closeness of the team wasn't due to him. Whether the team plays better without him or not doesn't take away that this team is 100% his team. You can't take away all the credit from him for any level of success this team has as much as some will diminish it. 

Gruden is a clown. Pure and simple. He’s a dinosaur.  I think today’s players, can’t stand him. 

4 sounds about right.  3.5 when i factor in 100 million and 10 years.  

anyone have any info on agohlor?  rumors are surfacing that he doesn't like the culture of the organization.  to me, that screams gruden and to a lesser extent, davis.  no clue if it's legit or not.  worrisome though.

i mentioned this when they hired gruden.  i don't think he gets the young kids, that are today's game.  all the screaming and funny faces, doesn't hold much water with kids these days.  at least, that's what mine tells me.   :lmao:  
the search function sucks.  here's a couple.  and every time i referenced him as chucky, same thing.  the stupid chucky persona is what i think the  people around him can't stand.  it annoys me through the tv.

The fact remains that this is Gruden's team. Good, bad and ugly... we now know for a fact that Gruden had 51% say vs Mayock. The coaches are his coaches. The players, literally ALL the players with the exception of Carr, are Gruden's guys. You can't say the closeness of the team wasn't due to him. Whether the team plays better without him or not doesn't take away that this team is 100% his team. You can't take away all the credit from him for any level of success this team has as much as some will diminish it. 
this is true.  

i'd say some of the lesser(when they were taken) players are more mayock's.  hobbs and crosby for example.  and i think a lot of the former bradley guys, were brought on because of him.  but for the most part, it's gruden's roster.

i don't know about the closeness being a gruden thing.  it might be.  but i'd put more credit with carr, waller, crosby and yannick.  and i'm sure there are other leaders i/we don't hear about.

*and is this where i pull a chad and say you're contradicting yourself?  aren't you ready to put coach B in the hall of fame*  :pokey:

*IT'S A JOKE*   :oldunsure:   :pickle:  🏴‍☠️

Last edited by a moderator:
this is true.  

i'd say some of the lesser(when they were taken) players are more mayock's.  hobbs and crosby for example.  and i think a lot of the former bradley guys, were brought on because of him.  but for the most part, it's gruden's roster.

i don't know about the closeness being a gruden thing.  it might be.  but i'd put more credit with carr, waller, crosby and yannick.  and i'm sure there are other leaders i/we don't hear about.

*and is this where i pull a chad and say you're contradicting yourself?  aren't you ready to put coach B in the hall of fame*  :pokey:

*IT'S A JOKE*   :oldunsure:   :pickle:  🏴‍☠️
I try to come to conclusions based on information as much as possible. 

All the players had to have Gruden's final approval. Yes, I believe Mayock had more influence the later the rounds of the draft but Gruden is not the kind to make his picks in the early rounds and walk out saying let me know how it goes. He likely deferred to Mayock but would still be involved and have final say. 

It is silly to suggest the team could be so close under his regime as a leader despite him. He drove the Once a Raider, Always a Raider type of pride in the players. Sure, the player leaders certainly were involved and Carr has a big hand in that but to dismiss it something that Gruden gets no credit for is silly. 

It is possible to give credit for good things as well as the bad. No one is all good or bad. Bisaccia is a different person and coach than Gruden. They each have strengths and weaknesses. Bisaccia strength is certainly in his leadership by all accounts. It isn't all bkack and white. There are shades in between.

I try to come to conclusions based on information as much as possible. 

All the players had to have Gruden's final approval. Yes, I believe Mayock had more influence the later the rounds of the draft but Gruden is not the kind to make his picks in the early rounds and walk out saying let me know how it goes. He likely deferred to Mayock but would still be involved and have final say. 

It is silly to suggest the team could be so close under his regime as a leader despite him. He drove the Once a Raider, Always a Raider type of pride in the players. Sure, the player leaders certainly were involved and Carr has a big hand in that but to dismiss it something that Gruden gets no credit for is silly. 

It is possible to give credit for good things as well as the bad. No one is all good or bad. Bisaccia is a different person and coach than Gruden. They each have strengths and weaknesses. Bisaccia strength is certainly in his leadership by all accounts. It isn't all bkack and white. There are shades in between.
it was a joke.

i mostly agreed with you.   :shrug:  

While you guys continue to discuss Gruden, I am going to continue smiling since the day he resigned.   No matter what happens this season, the future has become much brighter years before I thought possible. 

To make your day a little brighter, just think about the next draft without Gruden making his usual horrible picks for the first 3 rounds.  We don’t have to dread Gruden’s next horrible first round pick!   No team drafts perfectly but it seemed that Gruden was trying to leave all the good players for the other teams.  

Makes sense. We seem set at WR now (I can’t believe I’m typing that) so hopefully they they use the roster spot for Oline or DB depth (or is someone coming off IR that I’m forgetting about)?
incognito will be eligible to come off IR.  i believe the cbs and lbs will be as well.

Makes sense. We seem set at WR now (I can’t believe I’m typing that) so hopefully they they use the roster spot for Oline or DB depth (or is someone coming off IR that I’m forgetting about)?
He asked for his release because of not getting playing time. With Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Jones at WR and then Walle, Moreau at TE and then Drake, Jacobs, Richard at RB and then Ingold at FB, we have plenty of targets for DC. 

We have a slew if guys on IR that should be coming back in the next couple of weeks... Incognito, Arnette, Mullen, Teamer, Morrow, and White.

Interested to see what happens with Fluker too. Hoping he has gas in the tank and the elevate him from PS. 

Chadstroma said:
He asked for his release because of not getting playing time. With Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Jones at WR and then Walle, Moreau at TE and then Drake, Jacobs, Richard at RB and then Ingold at FB, we have plenty of targets for DC. 

We have a slew if guys on IR that should be coming back in the next couple of weeks... Incognito, Arnette, Mullen, Teamer, Morrow, and White.

Interested to see what happens with Fluker too. Hoping he has gas in the tank and the elevate him from PS. 
Certainly makes Sneed’s release request easy to agree to :)

Chadstroma said:

When those  guys come off IR , and if people can stay healthy ,this team is going to be DANGEROUS 

Last edited by a moderator:
TampaMike19 said:
Not a fan but pretty impressed with how this team has bounced back. Maybe gruden truly was a problem in the locker room and his act wore thin?
look, Denver is not that good and the eagles are really bad. I’m happy we didn’t lose these games like we would have in countless years past but i’m still wary of how we will play come mid January should we get there. Cincy and Dallas ( :shock: ) will be very telling for what to expect if we make it into the playoffs. 

look, Denver is not that good and the eagles are really bad. I’m happy we didn’t lose these games like we would have in countless years past but i’m still wary of how we will play come mid January should we get there. Cincy and Dallas ( :shock: ) will be very telling for what to expect if we make it into the playoffs. 
I appreciate the Cincinnati talk and they deserve respect but they are being lauded by everyone for beating the two teams the Raiders already beat.

Certainly makes Sneed’s release request easy to agree to :)
Snead's signing made his request easy to agree to.

Fine-ish role player but was an odd signing at the time. Particularly after Drake, simply wasn't a need on any level. His signing made me wonder if Edwards was on the outs.

We have a bye and then another "should win" game with the Giants. I am not going to dismiss the Chefs just yet... I can't figure out why... maybe Mahomes bought his soul back from the devil? He just doesn't have that unearthly magic but maybe he sells his soul again to get it? 

After that the Bengals and Cowboys will be good tests. 

We beat the Ravens and the Steelers are not a bad if not the Steelers of old. 

What it comes down to is really one thing. Can Cable do what he has done in the past and put together a patchwork offensive line that protects Carr a bit and opens some running lanes here and there. If we get that then we know we have a very good QB. We have weapons all over the offense. 

On defense we know we have an effective defensive line that can pressure opposing QB's and in this defensive scheme that is gold. Perryman is a tackle machine. Hobbs is making a case for defensive ROY. Hayward is playing very well. We get Mullen back and Abram and Moehrig developing at the safety spots. 

Watching last game, the team played well and it wasn't just the Eagles sucking.

I appreciate the Cincinnati talk and they deserve respect but they are being lauded by everyone for beating the two teams the Raiders already beat.
I had the EXACT same thought last night. The Raiders are still ignored and all.this praise for Cincy... ok, so what's the difference? 🤣

About Hobbs... PFF is a fan... 

According to Pro Football Focus, Hobbs didn’t allow a single catch in Week 7 against the Eagles as he wasn’t even targeted. Here is what the site had to say about his performance this week:

“It was a goose egg for Hobbs against the Eagles on Sunday. On 40 coverage snaps, he wasn’t targeted a single time in the Raiders win. The fifth-rounder has now allowed only 153 yards on 255 coverage snaps.”

The site currently has Hobbs ranked as the eighth-highest graded rookie this season. He is PFF’s highest-rated defensive backs through seven games as he hasn’t allowed

I had the EXACT same thought last night. The Raiders are still ignored and all.this praise for Cincy... ok, so what's the difference? 🤣
Devil's advocate says these are better Pittsburgh and, probably, Ravens teams now.

But...are they? Are they really?

To be fair, Cincinnati looks like a good, complete team. 

But so do the Raiders. I would feel better if Jacobs could stay healthy but Mixon isn't a picture of health either and, despite his nice performance this season in limited action Drake>>>>Perine.

I don't think there is a question that Chase, Higgins & Boyd are a better receiving corps than Waller, Ruggs & Renfrow but even with Ozumah's (sp?) potential emergence, which is not an established fact yet, they don't go as deep as Edwards, Richard and, now Moreau IMO.

Raiders v Bengals will be a fun game to watch and I hope to see a rematch in the playoffs.

These are the raiders. I’m still gun shy. NO game is safe, or “should win”. They’ve burned me too many times.  Let’s go one game at a time  no need to look ahead to the bengals.  The giants just smoked the panthers with most of their skill players hurt or out  

Let get the team some rest and maybe some players back off of IR.  Hopefully being away from the facility won’t quench any the fire and cohesiveness that we’ve seen over the last 2 weeks.  

Users who are viewing this thread