What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (6 Viewers)

Checking in as a Broncos watcher, I thought there were some decent positives from yesterdays game, but I also think Denver is the best defense in the NFL, and a playoff team, so maybe I had lower expectations going in.

I thought Daniel Jones was ok. Not good, but not a disaster. I do wish he were a little more aggressive as a passer, but then again, he almost multiple INT's. 

Barkley looked very tentative, which is probably to be expected. Hopefully it was just needing to get his feet wet so to speak.

Thought Shepard and Golladay both looked very good. Wouldn't mind seeing Toney play over Slayton as soon as he's deemed ready though.

OL was hit and miss. I thought Thomas and Solder(considering he was mostly against Von Miller) were fine, but the interior was a mess, especially run blocking.

Thought the front-7 did a good job stopping the run(beyond the Gordon TD) and getting pressure on Teddy, he just did an excellent job extending plays. 

DB's were awful. Denver does have a talented WR group, but pretty much everybody was open all game. Inexcusable with Bradberry, Jackson, Peppers. 

Things will probably be better against Washington, as they are an easier opponent right now. Other than DL I'm not sure they are better than Denver anywhere. 

This hurts ... according to PFF 

Barkley didn’t see any 8+ man boxes, and was the least efficient running back in the NFL on Sunday with a rating of 6.15.
It’s going to Saquon a while to come back from that injury. It sounds like there were no setbacks after the game, so that is a step in the right direction. He will also have to overcome the mental hurdles associated with serious injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 more game like this and I think the Giants start making changes starting with Garrett ... The fans and media are going to put a lot of pressure on Mara to make something happen. You can't have all of these supposed offenseive weapons and be the worst offense in the NFL week  to week ... it's just not possible that nothing changes

I'm staying positive about the train wreck this season is turning into. GM Dave will be gone. Hire Louis Riddick. Two top ten draft picks. Get a real franchise QB and top tier O-lineman. In the meantime :banned: :banned: :banned:

I'm staying positive about the train wreck this season is turning into. GM Dave will be gone. Hire Louis Riddick. Two top ten draft picks. Get a real franchise QB and top tier O-lineman. In the meantime :banned: :banned: :banned:
The nightmare scenario that I would hate to see happen and is very likely to happen is ...

The Giants will have the 4th and 8th picks in the draft (for example) and will trade both of them plus another high pick (a 2nd or 1st the following  year) to move up to the 1st pick in the draft to take a QB (probably not even the best one available) and will have a rookie QB and no Oline in 2022 and possibly no 1st rd pick in 2023

On the positive side, the Giants have won their last 4 meetings against Washington with DJ at QB (even won two of those games with the clapper calling plays)

The nightmare scenario that I would hate to see happen and is very likely to happen is ...

The Giants will have the 4th and 8th picks in the draft (for example) and will trade both of them plus another high pick (a 2nd or 1st the following  year) to move up to the 1st pick in the draft to take a QB (probably not even the best one available) and will have a rookie QB and no Oline in 2022 and possibly no 1st rd pick in 2023
Oh God please no! 

In this scenario, Dave is still GM because he would do something like this.

If it makes them Stronger overall ...I'm all for it.  I like Gates, he's tough and versatile but he's average ... which makes him possibly the best Giant olineman. If Skura or Price could be avg at Center and Gates average at Guard ... it's an upgrade. 

PFF had Hernandez (47.8) and Bedeson (54.0) as the lowest rated Giants Olineman on Sunday ... wonder which one will sit in favor of Gates

The Giants have fallen so far that a QB who's claim to fame in The NFL was dropping back so far in the end zone he went out of bounce without realizing it and who's career numbers are,well,miniscule,is blasting the offensive scheme. I don't know if I have enough artificial stimulants in the house to get through this season.
And the worst part is ... he's 100% correct 

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan

Starting LG Shane Lemiuex (knee) was placed on injured reserve Thursday. Be surprised if we saw him again this season.

Defense is disappointing tonight. Giving up 2 long drives in the 1st half. Seems like they are playing too much zone. Why pay Bradberry and Jackson all that money to have them sit back in zone?

Giants fans on the plus side, Daniel Jones did play well overall. Give him time and he's a competent QB and pretty darn dangerous running the ball too. 

This is the only type of loss that doesnt bother me ... 

I'm pissed that the defense sucked, that the receivers dropped a lot of passes, that Saquan looks like crap and that there were bad plays that called back TDs. But in the End,  the Giants did what they had to do ... they held the WTF to a long field goal that they missed and the Refs took it awat from them. It's debateable whether they were offsides or not  (I say they weren't) but it's not debateble that it had no impact on the outcome of the play and should not have been called.

On a positive note ... Daniel Jones carried the team to what should have been an impressive victory despite Dropped passes, no running game and poor officiating.  Unfortunately we lost Gates but the Oline actuall looked much better against a team with one of the best Dlines in the NFL. 

i feel like this may be a turning point ... DJ looked great , The Oline looks better, Saquan is going to start coming around and the Defense cant play any worse than they have been playing 

This is the only type of loss that doesnt bother me ... 

I'm pissed that the defense sucked, that the receivers dropped a lot of passes, that Saquan looks like crap and that there were bad plays that called back TDs. But in the End,  the Giants did what they had to do ... they held the WTF to a long field goal that they missed and the Refs took it awat from them. It's debateable whether they were offsides or not  (I say they weren't) but it's not debateble that it had no impact on the outcome of the play and should not have been called.

On a positive note ... Daniel Jones carried the team to what should have been an impressive victory despite Dropped passes, no running game and poor officiating.  Unfortunately we lost Gates but the Oline actuall looked much better against a team with one of the best Dlines in the NFL. 

i feel like this may be a turning point ... DJ looked great , The Oline looks better, Saquan is going to start coming around and the Defense cant play any worse than they have been playing 
so it’s debatable....and he could have been offsides....are they supposed to wait and see if he blocks it and then throw the flag....wait and see if it “affects the play”......?....seriously.....this isn’t the nba where you wait to see if the ball goes in or not and then call the foul...c’mon man....you got be better than that...

By the way ... Daniel Jones has only 1 int and 3 Fum lost in his last 8 games on this #### team.  That's pretty ####### good yet every little thing gets magnified with him for some reason.

Thats a half a season and only 4 turnovers for a QB ... Thats almost unheard of!

Yeah hes not improving 

so it’s debatable....and he could have been offsides....are they supposed to wait and see if he blocks it and then throw the flag....wait and see if it “affects the play”......?....seriously.....this isn’t the nba where you wait to see if the ball goes in or not and then call the foul...c’mon man....you got be better than that...
It was bad call ... Watch the replay ! he was moving as the ball was moving he wasnt off side and it had no impact on the play !

It was bad call ... Watch the replay ! he was moving as the ball was moving he wasnt off side and it had no impact on the play !
I’ll go with the guys who are looking straight down the line and whose sole  job on that play is to basically watch that one thing only and that went reaching for their flag immediately and threw it pretty much before the ball was even kicked...and whose job it is to not ref with the mentality of things like “let’s wait and see if it impacts the play” before I throw my flag or not....again this isn’t Lebron shooting a layup....

I’ll go with the guys who are looking straight down the line and whose sole  job on that play is to basically watch that one thing only and that went reaching for their flag immediately and threw it pretty much before the ball was even kicked...and whose job it is to not ref with the mentality of things like “let’s wait and see if it impacts the play” before I throw my flag or not....again this isn’t Lebron shooting a layup....
How about just dont throw the flag at all unless its a blatant penalty 

How about just dont throw the flag at all unless its a blatant penalty 
as an official somewhere else on the field you can maybe pass on a DPI....or a defensive holding....or some other things.....but as a line official you are standing right in front of the other teams benches with usually the head coach and several others in your back pocket.....they see exactly what you see down the line....there is no wiggle room to decide whats blatant or not....if dude is in the neutral zone he is in the neutral zone....its not really open for "debate".....its blatant....both sidelines see the same thing....I get you are upset your team lost, but please stop with the "refs took it away" stuff...

Easy to blame a bad call,and it was a bad call,but I'll state the obvious. Too many mistakes. The offside,Slayton's butter hands,not attacking the end zone after Bradbury's terrific interception. Didn't expect a Super Bowl this year,but it'd be nice to stay in contention after Thanksgiving. 15 games still to play. The O-line played pretty well,that's a tough front 7 they faced. Jones played his usual great game against TWFT,now he needs to do that against EVERY OTHER TEAM. Barkley looked better,and on short rest to boot.

By the way ... Daniel Jones has only 1 int and 3 Fum lost in his last 8 games on this #### team.  That's pretty ####### good yet every little thing gets magnified with him for some reason.

Thats a half a season and only 4 turnovers for a QB ... Thats almost unheard of!

Yeah hes not improving 
Surprisingly the OL held up well last night especially considering the moving around guys before the game and the Gates injury.

Jones looked the part of a franchise QB last night. He didn’t have any of those flat-out terrible plays or turnovers (or near turnovers)

It was nice to see Garrett finally incorporate Jones’ running ability as a regular part of the game plan and Jones didn’t fumble on any of those runs.

I hope they continue to keep the QB runs as part of the offense.

Users who are viewing this thread