What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (2 Viewers)

LIVE FREAKING SPORTS TODAY!!!!!

and you can even play a free DFS at DK.

Match format

The event will be match play, and the front nine will be best ball. Here's an example of how that works. If Manning, Brady and Woods all make par at No. 1 but Mickelson makes birdie, the Mickelson-Brady team is 1 up. Manning and Brady receive one stroke each on No. 3, No. 6 and No. 8 per their handicaps, and that's how the front nine will be played.

One wrinkle is a one-club challenge on No. 5 -- a par 4 -- in which golfers must choose one club to play the entire hole with (including putting!). I'm excited about that because it gives us a genuine look at how skilled players like Woods and Mickelson are when faced with an adversity. In the point-and-shoot world of professional golf, we often don't get to see the extreme creativity they possess, which a 30-yard chip shot with a 4-iron can disclose.

The back nine is where it gets intriguing. It's a modified alternate-shot format, which means that everybody tees off but after that you have to alternate. So one golfer's drive will be chosen, and then the teammates -- Brady and Mickelson, for example -- will alternate shots until they hole out and move on to the next hole. The quarterbacks will not be teeing off from the same tee boxes as Woods and Mickelson.

Odds

Woods and Manning are -190, while Mickelson and Brady are +170. This is probably the right call as Manning is a bit better than Brady, and Woods -- when healthy! -- is better than Mickelson at this point in their careers (and at every point in their careers).

LIVE FREAKING SPORTS TODAY!!!!!

and you can even play a free DFS at DK.

Match format

The event will be match play, and the front nine will be best ball. Here's an example of how that works. If Manning, Brady and Woods all make par at No. 1 but Mickelson makes birdie, the Mickelson-Brady team is 1 up. Manning and Brady receive one stroke each on No. 3, No. 6 and No. 8 per their handicaps, and that's how the front nine will be played.

One wrinkle is a one-club challenge on No. 5 -- a par 4 -- in which golfers must choose one club to play the entire hole with (including putting!). I'm excited about that because it gives us a genuine look at how skilled players like Woods and Mickelson are when faced with an adversity. In the point-and-shoot world of professional golf, we often don't get to see the extreme creativity they possess, which a 30-yard chip shot with a 4-iron can disclose.

The back nine is where it gets intriguing. It's a modified alternate-shot format, which means that everybody tees off but after that you have to alternate. So one golfer's drive will be chosen, and then the teammates -- Brady and Mickelson, for example -- will alternate shots until they hole out and move on to the next hole. The quarterbacks will not be teeing off from the same tee boxes as Woods and Mickelson.

Odds

Woods and Manning are -190, while Mickelson and Brady are +170. This is probably the right call as Manning is a bit better than Brady, and Woods -- when healthy! -- is better than Mickelson at this point in their careers (and at every point in their careers).
@CltPadilla: So I’m guessing #TheMatch won’t be teeing off as scheduled. Thanks again, 2020. https://twitter.com/CltPadilla/status/1264620818065248258/photo/1

Yeah I call absolute bull#### on brady being a 10

Edit: or actually an 8? Yeah....ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiger and Brady are the GOATs of their respective sports but Peyton and Phil are so much more likeable. 
I was just coming to say that Manning is genuinely just an entertaining guy. I’ll never pay for ESPN+, but Peyton’s Place being exclusive to it made me think about it.

At this pace it will be a 6 hour round! Peyton’s comedic presence makes this tolerable. Hey, what else do we have?

Brady skulls a wedge through the green. Looks like they've mercifully taken the shot tracker off him.

Koepka offers 100k if Brady makes a par on the front 9.lol

Edit: to be fair it wasn't a wedge, since they're doing 1 club on this hole

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady skulls a wedge through the green. Looks like they've mercifully taken the shot tracker off him.

Koepka offers 100k if Brady makes a par on the front 9.lol

Edit: to be fair it wasn't a wedge, since they're doing 1 club on this hole
Shot tracer probably can’t find it

Users who are viewing this thread