What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (11 Viewers)

One thing to note about the Bucs is they have allowed the 3rd fewest rushing yards in the league. However, that is due to the fact that they lead the league in fewest rushing attempts against them. Their rushing yards per attempt against is 4.3 which ranks 15th. Obviously teams shy away from running the ball against the Bucs either because they don't think they will be able to or they have fallen behind and given up on the run.

The Eagles need to stick with their running game and give their running backs more than 9 carries.
And if the Eagles somehow beat the Bucs, they would play the Packers whose rushing yards per attempt against ranked 30th in the league at 4.7 yards per attempt. But we need to beat the Bucs first.

Yeah, I have been beating the drum for years that Howie is overrated in his cap management. His "magic" is usually just delaying a bill coming due in future years when the cap goes up. Constantly banking on future cap increases to sign/keep players today basically puts you in treading water territory at best, and a cap mess that disastrously catches up with you (e.g. NYG), at worst.

In a previous post above it was mentioned the Colts will have $50 mil next year in cap space. We'll never see a future year like that. Even if we go total "blow it up and rebuild" it would still take a few years for the cap to reflect it because of the pushing/restructuring we do to free up current cap, when needed. We'll still be paying $15 mil for Alshon and Malik Jackson NEXT year! 

17 of the 32 teams are projected to have ~$30 mil or more in cap space next years, as of now before any 2022 maneuvering. And that includes powerhouses like KC ($30 mil) and TB ($39 mil) and up-and-coming rosters like CIN ($60 mil) and LAC ($73 mil).

We've got $13 mil and look to be able to squeeze another $8-$9 mil from expected cuts and possible trades. It's a strategy that's kept us afloat, yes, but it has big risks and downsides that haven't (yet) caught up to us.
We didn't really have a ton of choice this past year. Yea, it was due to the cap choices made from previous years, but the cap going DOWN, combined with moving on from Wentz - as I recall it was this or having to move on from so many players we would have made Jax look like a team of probowlers.
We always think it looks worse, I am sure we can do some things as usual to sign what we need.

What would you say was the top game this year he put the Colts team on his back and led them to a win?
I'm not sure of this (may go back and look later), but my overall point is that Carson wasn't as bad this year as people are saying, and was definitely an above average starter.  That being said, he's not top 10 and he choked when it mattered.  I just think the talks of cutting him are a bit crazy is all.

I'm not sure of this (may go back and look later), but my overall point is that Carson wasn't as bad this year as people are saying, and was definitely an above average starter.  That being said, he's not top 10 and he choked when it mattered.  I just think the talks of cutting him are a bit crazy is all.

I mean, to this point - no one has been able to provide a single game that Carson was responsible for leading the Colts to a win.  Leave aside the top guys - you can easily point to games for Cousins, Carr, Herbert, Murray, on and on - where, despite bad games - you can see where they also stepped up in games to put the team on their back. Yea - lots of games are team games. 

If Carson never really did that... Is he really "Above average"? I agree they aren't cutting him, there's still potential for more there. But I just think in this case - the overall stats don't really tell the story.

Cousins, Carr and Garoppolo had similar or better numbers than Wentz this year and may not be starting for their teams next year either.  It's very difficult to be stuck in the middle paying a top 15ish QB $25+ million a year.    

Cousin's never should've gotten that sort of money. Minny signed him to that contract after a cinderella type season prior where they got bounced in the NFC Title game by the Eagles. For months I remember saying I wasn't a believer in MiNN and their magic would run out. Cousin's isn't horrible but he never should've made that amount

I like Jimmy G in the right situation. Was a big fan coming out and thought NE had their guy for Brady. Obviously Brady felt he was good enough too since he cried to Kraft to tell BB to get rid of him. However he's a game manager

I really sick and tired of the disrespect people give Carr. I may have heard this wrong but guess which NFL QB has the most GW Drives and 4thQTR comebacks in the NFL in the last 2 1/2 seasons? Not Tom Brady but Derrick Carr. I'd take Carr on the Eagles now if LV wanted to trade Carr for Hurts and I'd certainly take him over Lamar Jackson and a ton of others. 

As for Carson in 2019 with a practice squad by his side he threw for over 4K and 25+ TDs and only 7 picks. I know people love to right now say well if Wentz was on the Eagles they don't win as many games this year as they did with Hurts and such. I think that's being lazy but if you were to ask me if Hurts could've done what Wentz did in 2019 and would we make the playoffs I'd say no. I don't know many QBs who could. You're right Carson has to play better but I think people are going by recent bias of the last few games this year and forgetting what Carson has done in the past as well. Also a lot of people commenting who barely watched the Colts this year and just regurgitating the hot takes by media members. Outside of Wentz the Colts had a ton of problems. 

* I'll go with the biggest concern first that was there even prior to Wentz their OL. Their best OL Quinton Nelson was lost for the first few games of the season prior to a game being played and their other top Guy got hurt in Camp. Indy didn't do anything to address the needs on the O-line all offseason and into the season either upgrades at positions or addressing depth 

* Going into the Baltimore game they had lost some guys in their secondary. Most of those guys ended up being season ending or missing huge amounts of time. Their defense for as good as it was eventually let them down especially the last Tenn game

* Frank Reich lack of aggressiveness. He literally cost them the Bal game where Lamar went off in the 2nd Half. Don't remember if I posted in here or the game thread watching that game I said something Reich is taking his foot off the jugular when he should be going for a kill shot here this could be costly. Sure enough they lost the game. Baltimore won a lot of games this year they shouldn't have do to poor coaching from other teams.  There were other games that Reich wasn't aggressive at all or stopped being aggressive that lost them the game

* I watched a replay of the Colts game Today after work. No one showed up for the game on Sunday. It was pretty embarrassing from coaching to the players. Not just one person at fault total team effort

* Also outside of Pittman the receivers on that Roster are meh at best. THey lost Paris Campbell their other young Wr who has been inconsistent for half the season too. Sunday was his first game since Week 7. Wentz is throwing to guys like Zach Pascal and an over the hill injury prone TY Hilton.  

Yes you're right Carson should play better for what he's paid but to blame Carson for the whole collapse is disingenuous and either shows laziness, biased or people who didn't get the whole picture because they didn't see the games. I'll admit I didn't watch every colts game, however I did pay attention to what people who covered the colts and fans were saying prior to the season about certain things they were concerned about and did watch enough games to get a general idea of the entire situation. 

I know I'm no NFL coach but I like to play one anyways.

For us we need to be patient with long drives on offense. TB will focus on making Hurts throw. We may have to get creative with manufacturing run yards. Unfortunately we need Reagor to step up and be a part of this offense. I fully expect TB to try and take Smith/Goedert out of our game plan. Maybe Watkins will blow it up. But at the end of the day our bread and butter is the o-line. I would cram it down their throat. We may get off to a slow start but cannot abandon the run.

Defensively, I would play these guys straight up. Tom has to manage Gronk or he will fatigue out. Evans and Perriman should be our focus. I feel like we'll handle the run game just fine. IMO I bet we play that cover 2 shell most of the game. Keep everything in front with the occasional blitz.

You have the camofluoge the coverage pre snap vs Brady as much as possible and blitz or get as much pressure with your front 4. Brady is best reading pre and post snap Defenses when you don't disguise your cover and will rip you to shreds. Its why he shredded our Defenses in the SB. The final few drives when we finally got Pressure on Brady we saw the ultimate benefactor and one of the greatest plays in Eagles history made by a player many in his first 3 yrs labeled as a bust. Schwartz didn't do anything to get creative or adapt which is why Lurie thought long and hard about firing Schwartz after the SB. The two biggest factors he came to not doing it were:

1. It's hard to justify firing a DC who just won a SB even though it would've showed the Eagles mean business and wouldn't settle for good enough if he was fired

2. The Options for DC at that point weren't great and they wanted someone with HC experience before which they felt helped Doug. Also there was noone at the time Doug felt could replace JS internally 

Either way thats how you play Brady. Our offense IMHO just isn't built to get in a shootout with anyone right now. 

Well Williams will be cheaper now

Yep confirmed ACL tear. Dam shame for him. I would still go after him but not sure where I'd draft him. I'm in take BPA in needs and don't reach. Depending what other draft capital Howie can manage to rob I'd say depending how far Williams drops and he's there at a spot you take him. First round talent who dropped because of injury, team still in rebuild mode with another need at WR, etc it's a good move. This is completely different then the Sid Jones situation. Never thought Jones was that good nor did he fit our scheme and we needed guys who could impact the roster right away and not wait around and hope on. 

I'd have loved him in the first round if he was there but I'd like to see how far he drops now. If we can get him and he gets 100% healthy it's great draft value and a steal. 

We might trade Dillard just for the 2 mil cap savings
Cox should've been traded at the deadline honestly or during the offseason prior to the season. I already said I'd trade Dillard if I can get a draft pick this year depending where it is and 2M saved is still something for a team like the Eagles. I'm hoping someone like Carolina gets desperate and wants younger cheaper T (He's 26) instead of looking at the FA market. I think Carolina could be targeting a QB like Malik Davis (who'd fit their scheme) and pair him with a guy like Dillard watching his blind side makes a ton of sense. Not a Davis fan at all but thinking what Carolina might do and the fact they also need a LT just makes sense here. 

Yep confirmed ACL tear. Dam shame for him. I would still go after him but not sure where I'd draft him. I'm in take BPA in needs and don't reach. Depending what other draft capital Howie can manage to rob I'd say depending how far Williams drops and he's there at a spot you take him. First round talent who dropped because of injury, team still in rebuild mode with another need at WR, etc it's a good move. This is completely different then the Sid Jones situation. Never thought Jones was that good nor did he fit our scheme and we needed guys who could impact the roster right away and not wait around and hope on. 

I'd have loved him in the first round if he was there but I'd like to see how far he drops now. If we can get him and he gets 100% healthy it's great draft value and a steal. 
I would not hate spending our last first round pick on him

Here's a good write-up on the specifics around this decision. It's really not too bad for the Colts if they moved on (other than, you know, being left without a starting QB), which was one of the selling points in getting them to take him from us in the first place:

2022 is the final year of the deal containing guaranteed money. As of today, the Colts are on the hook for $15 million of Wentz’s 2022 compensation. Also important is the additional $7 million in 2022 salary that becomes guaranteed as of March 19. That’s also when Wentz is due a roster bonus of $6.29 million.

So should Wentz’s contract be terminated before March 19, the Colts would have to absorb $15 million in dead money on their salary cap but would not be responsible for the other sums. That’s still a significant figure for a player not on your roster. And eating dead money on the salary cap is something general manager Chris Ballard has gone to great lengths to avoid.

Still, the Colts are already scheduled to have more than $50 million in available cap space entering the spring and could, theoretically, stomach the cap charge after parting with Wentz. In fact, parting with Wentz would actually carve out an additional $13 million in cap space for Indianapolis because of the savings on the remainder of his 2022 compensation. The Colts would be in a very strong salary-cap position if you’re willing to look past the glaring fact that they’d lack a starting quarterback.

Though there is likely a minimal trade market for Wentz after consecutive seasons that produced questions, the Colts would owe nothing if he is traded by March 19. If Wentz remains with the Colts, his cap number for 2022 would be $28.294 million.

Wentz could be released with no obligation after next season.

The other issue is their division is honestly so weak outside of Tenn they can easily take 2nd and are good enough to fight for Div I just don't think they could justify going into next year with a guy like Taylor without a starting QB. They don't have the draft capital for a Russ, I doubt Rodgers wants to play in Indy and no one knows whats going on with Watson. Guys available in FA are all back ups or avg starters with serious question marks. Also if a Guy like Cousins becomes available is he really better than Wentz? Then draft wise you don't have a first and the QB class this year is pretty meh though I do think a Patrick Mahomes type surprise could come out of it at some point. The question is figuring out which QB that is though. 

The Colts are literally in the same positions as the Eagles. Hurts did enough to guarantee himself a starting chance in 2022 but beyond that there's still no guarantee he's the guy because of lack of other options. I think both Indy and Us take the wait and see approach and go into next year with Wentz and Hurts and decided after that when better options could be had. 

One thing to note about the Bucs is they have allowed the 3rd fewest rushing yards in the league. However, that is due to the fact that they lead the league in fewest rushing attempts against them. Their rushing yards per attempt against is 4.3 which ranks 15th. Obviously teams shy away from running the ball against the Bucs either because they don't think they will be able to or they have fallen behind and given up on the run.

The Eagles need to stick with their running game and give their running backs more than 9 carries.

Thats because their pass Defense is bottom 5 in the NFL. For as good of a DLINE and LBS they have their secondary is questionable. It's why they were signing an over the hill Richard Sherman. So teams go to pass on them. Indy did this to them and were winning. Colts were winning I think 21-7 or something and Wentz had almost 200 yds and 3TDs that game before Taylor was over 50 yards rushing. It's why I'm generally concerned about Hurts because he only managed 115 yds the whole game and most of that came vs Prevent defense late in the game garbage time. That game for Indy was another game they lost do to the Reich not being aggressive enough. Wentz also had a dumb throw leading to a pick but the way Reich managed that 2nd half they were gonna lose anyway. 

Oh well. Can't keep the Judges of the world around forever. 

Gonna have a hard time finding a job here at home especially after attacking Ron Rivera and how he's managed his team. Judge went as far to claim his team doesn't have fist fits (Whoops ) and he doesn't run a clown show (TE says Judge tried to sabotage his comeback and details toxic culture with the Giants) and then Joe threw the former coach under the bus with comments he made to the media. Ron Rivera was well liked when he was with the Eagles and there were a lot of unhappy people. There are people in Judges family here locally who are disowning the guy now. He might have to move to Montana and take a High school coaching job there because he won't be welcomed back here well anytime soon. 

Thinking about Ronde Barber and 2002 makes me hate the Bucs. F them, lets kick their ###.

They also screwed Rich Gannon's chance at a SB and that Bucs team was coach by disgraced coach Jon Grudden. I hate this Bucs team because of Brady but if and when Brady retires and Kyle Trask takes over I won't mind them winning as much again as long as it's not the at the Eagles expense. 

I would not hate spending our last first round pick on him

I'd honestly rather trade one of our first if we can get more picks this year and get a 1st next year out of it too. I think thats what they end up doing. If we can get an extra 2 I'd be all for taking him with that first 2nd rounder. I just feel we need to draft two guys in the first and if we can get some more ammo with the 3rd first rounder then do it. Keep stockpiling the picks where you can. 

Had to live through that last Vet game while down here in Florida with the wife's family full of TB fans.  It was absolutely miserable.  You're right F em!

My one friend who I've mentioned before on here is an Eagles fans but also like the Bucs for some odd reason never knew why. Despite being an Eagles fan had a Bucs winter coat he wore during that time too. 

Thats because their pass Defense is bottom 5 in the NFL. For as good of a DLINE and LBS they have their secondary is questionable. It's why they were signing an over the hill Richard Sherman. So teams go to pass on them. Indy did this to them and were winning. Colts were winning I think 21-7 or something and Wentz had almost 200 yds and 3TDs that game before Taylor was over 50 yards rushing. It's why I'm generally concerned about Hurts because he only managed 115 yds the whole game and most of that came vs Prevent defense late in the game garbage time. That game for Indy was another game they lost do to the Reich not being aggressive enough. Wentz also had a dumb throw leading to a pick but the way Reich managed that 2nd half they were gonna lose anyway. 
Lol they signed Richard Sherman because their 3 starting corners were all hurt and then #4 went down. That’s why Sherman had to play that Pats game - they weren’t planning to play him that week.

They’re all back now, even though Jamel Dean is questionable. Davis and Dean are really good when healthy. Murphy-Bunting kind of sucks. 

Cousin's never should've gotten that sort of money. Minny signed him to that contract after a cinderella type season prior where they got bounced in the NFC Title game by the Eagles. For months I remember saying I wasn't a believer in MiNN and their magic would run out. Cousin's isn't horrible but he never should've made that amount

I like Jimmy G in the right situation. Was a big fan coming out and thought NE had their guy for Brady. Obviously Brady felt he was good enough too since he cried to Kraft to tell BB to get rid of him. However he's a game manager

I really sick and tired of the disrespect people give Carr. I may have heard this wrong but guess which NFL QB has the most GW Drives and 4thQTR comebacks in the NFL in the last 2 1/2 seasons? Not Tom Brady but Derrick Carr. I'd take Carr on the Eagles now if LV wanted to trade Carr for Hurts and I'd certainly take him over Lamar Jackson and a ton of others. 

As for Carson in 2019 with a practice squad by his side he threw for over 4K and 25+ TDs and only 7 picks. I know people love to right now say well if Wentz was on the Eagles they don't win as many games this year as they did with Hurts and such. I think that's being lazy but if you were to ask me if Hurts could've done what Wentz did in 2019 and would we make the playoffs I'd say no. I don't know many QBs who could. You're right Carson has to play better but I think people are going by recent bias of the last few games this year and forgetting what Carson has done in the past as well. Also a lot of people commenting who barely watched the Colts this year and just regurgitating the hot takes by media members. Outside of Wentz the Colts had a ton of problems. 

* I'll go with the biggest concern first that was there even prior to Wentz their OL. Their best OL Quinton Nelson was lost for the first few games of the season prior to a game being played and their other top Guy got hurt in Camp. Indy didn't do anything to address the needs on the O-line all offseason and into the season either upgrades at positions or addressing depth 

* Going into the Baltimore game they had lost some guys in their secondary. Most of those guys ended up being season ending or missing huge amounts of time. Their defense for as good as it was eventually let them down especially the last Tenn game

* Frank Reich lack of aggressiveness. He literally cost them the Bal game where Lamar went off in the 2nd Half. Don't remember if I posted in here or the game thread watching that game I said something Reich is taking his foot off the jugular when he should be going for a kill shot here this could be costly. Sure enough they lost the game. Baltimore won a lot of games this year they shouldn't have do to poor coaching from other teams.  There were other games that Reich wasn't aggressive at all or stopped being aggressive that lost them the game

* I watched a replay of the Colts game Today after work. No one showed up for the game on Sunday. It was pretty embarrassing from coaching to the players. Not just one person at fault total team effort

* Also outside of Pittman the receivers on that Roster are meh at best. THey lost Paris Campbell their other young Wr who has been inconsistent for half the season too. Sunday was his first game since Week 7. Wentz is throwing to guys like Zach Pascal and an over the hill injury prone TY Hilton.  

Yes you're right Carson should play better for what he's paid but to blame Carson for the whole collapse is disingenuous and either shows laziness, biased or people who didn't get the whole picture because they didn't see the games. I'll admit I didn't watch every colts game, however I did pay attention to what people who covered the colts and fans were saying prior to the season about certain things they were concerned about and did watch enough games to get a general idea of the entire situation. 
Where in the post you quoted did I blame Wentz for the whole Colts collapse?

Just watched the Indy-Jax game rewind.  Wentz wasn't the only problem, by a long shot.  The whole team really #### the bed.  Paris Campbell had TWO terrible drops on passes that really hurt drives.  That coupled with the OL/defense issues lands this squarely on the team and Reich, and not so much ONLY Wentz. 

Just watched the Indy-Jax game rewind.  Wentz wasn't the only problem, by a long shot.  The whole team really #### the bed.  Paris Campbell had TWO terrible drops on passes that really hurt drives.  That coupled with the OL/defense issues lands this squarely on the team and Reich, and not so much ONLY Wentz. 
Those 2 terrible turnovers sure did not help though. The INT, the only people that had a shot were the 2 defenders. We got the 16th pick for this!!

I'm going to go ahead & say the same thing about the Eagles that I did about the Steelers: they don't deserve to be in the playoffs this year.  If it wasn't for the fact that the schedule went to 17 games and not keep it at 16 games, the Saints wouldn't have gotten screwed out of a playoff berth.  And I'll explain what I'm talking about:

The Eagles would've been 8-8 if the league didn't add the game against the Jets and the Saints would've been 9-7 and made the playoffs as the #6 seed while dropping the 49ers to the #7 seed.  In other words, the Eagles would've been out of the playoffs completely if it hadn't been for the 17-game schedule.  I explained the whole thing in the 16-game argument thread that I started recently.  I hope the Eagles are going to get blown out by the Buccaneers this weekend.

I'm going to go ahead & say the same thing about the Eagles that I did about the Steelers: they don't deserve to be in the playoffs this year.  If it wasn't for the fact that the schedule went to 17 games and not keep it at 16 games, the Saints wouldn't have gotten screwed out of a playoff berth.  And I'll explain what I'm talking about:

The Eagles would've been 8-8 if the league didn't add the game against the Jets and the Saints would've been 9-7 and made the playoffs as the #6 seed while dropping the 49ers to the #7 seed.  In other words, the Eagles would've been out of the playoffs completely if it hadn't been for the 17-game schedule.  I explained the whole thing in the 16-game argument thread that I started recently.  I hope the Eagles are going to get blown out by the Buccaneers this weekend.

:rolleyes:  A team that clinched the playoffs before the last week of the season (so, in 16 games) and was able to rest their starters can't be labeled as "not deserving" of being there. They didn't back into the post-season after losing, mishandle their own destiny, or need a lucky bounce or bad call in someone else's game. They played the schedule they were given and earned their spot in circumstances that were definitely fortunate, but THE SAME FOR EVERY TEAM. 

Using your logic, no 7th seed ever is "deserving" of being in the playoffs because they never would have made it in the "old" days. GTFOH, grandpa.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to go ahead and say yogi bear is one of the worst cartoons of all time and I wish it was never created.

:rolleyes:  A team that clinched the playoffs before the last week of the season (so, in 16 games) and was able to rest their starters can't be labeled as "not deserving" of being there. They didn't back into the post-season after losing, mishandle their own destiny, or need a lucky bounce or bad call in someone else's game. They played the schedule they were given and earned their spot in circumstances that were definitely fortunate, but THE SAME FOR EVERY TEAM. 

Using your logic, no 7th seed ever is "deserving" of being in the playoffs because they never would have made it in the "old" days. GTFOH, grandpa.
It's simple math.  I don't mind the 7 playoff teams per conference.  Hell, I'm old enough to remember when there were 5 teams per conference.  It's just that the 17-game season screwed the math up to determine who should've been in the playoffs.  What I'm trying to say is if the league hadn't gone to a 17-game schedule and made the Eagles play the Jets, they wouldn't be in the playoffs.

It's simple math.  I don't mind the 7 playoff teams per conference.  Hell, I'm old enough to remember when there were 5 teams per conference.  It's just that the 17-game season screwed the math up to determine who should've been in the playoffs.  What I'm trying to say is if the league hadn't gone to a 17-game schedule and made the Eagles play the Jets, they wouldn't be in the playoffs.
So you've been putting that same energy out there on other teams every year since 1978 that "wouldn't have made it under a 14 game schedule?"  :crazy:

https://media.giphy.com/media/BZQziX6q2hmX6/giphy.gif

Or, in your scenario, if the Eagles had come into the last week of the season at 8-7 needing to win to get in the playoffs, they would have played their starters and could have beaten the Cowboys. Then they would have been in the playoffs thanks to their 40-29 beatdown of the Saints. So your conclusion is flawed because the facts of your scenario are incomplete.

Are you a Saints fan? A Colts fan? What is the real reason you are so upset about the Eagles and Steelers making the playoffs vs. the Saints or the Colts?

I'm going to go ahead & say the same thing about the Eagles that I did about the Steelers: they don't deserve to be in the playoffs this year.  If it wasn't for the fact that the schedule went to 17 games and not keep it at 16 games, the Saints wouldn't have gotten screwed out of a playoff berth.  And I'll explain what I'm talking about:

The Eagles would've been 8-8 if the league didn't add the game against the Jets and the Saints would've been 9-7 and made the playoffs as the #6 seed while dropping the 49ers to the #7 seed.  In other words, the Eagles would've been out of the playoffs completely if it hadn't been for the 17-game schedule.  I explained the whole thing in the 16-game argument thread that I started recently.  I hope the Eagles are going to get blown out by the Buccaneers this weekend.
Since they made the playoffs *this year*, they absolutely deserve it using *this year's* rules.

Simple math.

No, it's not "simple math". Without the 17 week schedule - Eagles don't have to wait till week 14 for the bye week.  With that earlier bye - maybe they are fresher and don't lose to the Giants on the tail end of that 13 game stretch?  No way to know.

No, it's not "simple math". Without the 17 week schedule - Eagles don't have to wait till week 14 for the bye week.  With that earlier bye - maybe they are fresher and don't lose to the Giants on the tail end of that 13 game stretch?  No way to know.
i am trying to remember the details, but it was the 2nd Giants game they had to play on a few days rest because of NFL changing the game against Washington to Tuesday right?

it is hard to do gymnastics around the schedule this year, there were so many variables that came into play. 

To the thread title, I still have nightmares of Levon Kirkland trying to cover Joe Jurevicious over the middle. The Eagles were hoping Kirkland had one more good year in him before he retired. He didn't.
Heartbreak couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of fans after they heckled him about his newborn son being born 10 weeks premature 5 days before the game. 

Heartbreak couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of fans after they heckled him about his newborn son being born 10 weeks premature 5 days before the game. 
I’m not sure whether this ^ or the first poster responding to a non eagle fan that dare post in this thread with “gtfoh grandpa” is less surprising 

I’m not sure whether this ^ or the first poster responding to a non eagle fan that dare post in this thread with “gtfoh grandpa” is less surprising 
LMAO context is everything. Apparently the guy is upset the Eagles made the playoffs as the 7th seed and is reminiscing already about the "good ole days of a 16 game schedule" hence the GTFOH Grandpa comment. 

WTF are you talking about? It's a single game....determined by previous finish as 2 games already were. It makes it slightly easier for teams to move up (or down!) year to year and the formula is fixed. In ANY given year those 3 specific games can and DO affect the playoff teams, especially near the edges (5/6 seeds, now 7 seeds). With a 7th team, that effect will be more obvious then before, but IT ISN'T NEW!

I wasn't telling him to get out of the thread, just the colloquial got out of here with that "you don't deserve it because you didn't earn it the old way" Abe Simpson crazy talk.

I'm sure some rando popping into the Cowboys thread with "You only made the playoffs because you went 6-0 in a division you shouldn't even be in geographically and played a team that rested their starters and when they re-aligned in 2002 they should have moved Dallas with Arizona out of the East" would have been lauded for their astute football opinion. 

All are welcome here. We're proud to always have non-Eagles fans passing through (or policing our conversational use of the English language, apparently) because it's such a lively thread. But, if you post nonsense you get called on it, Eagles fans included!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread