What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (6 Viewers)

Usually everyone waits until the game thread to start crying over Philly getting unfair calls. This is unprecedented, but bravo.

The Eagles are going to bring the fight, and I think they beat Brady fair and square. It’s gonna be a shame if they lose and it’s 300 post about the refs again. Let’s hope the bad calls are limited, or atleast recognized both ways. Good luck!
DJax is just pulling a page from the Brady playbook: it's never too early to start lobbying the refs. ;)

I hope this is a good game. Philly has to play a near flawless game to win. While they've shown flashes of it this year, never seen a full 60 minutes. Control TOP, get consistent pressure on Brady, win the TO differential and no stupid penalties (looking at you, Barnett). I'm stoked they made the playoffs after the debacle of last year.

styleride85 said:
19 hours ago, The Noid said:
I think Gronk is going to be our downfall, if we lose. Gannon's defense is designed to give up easy gains and over the middle passes, and then throw in our LB's vulnerability in coverage and our spotty tackling, and we've already seen barely average TE's exploit us this year. 

Maybe they have something planned to double him or something, since they do have the advantage of being able to have Slay shadow

Evans

and not have

Godwin

and

Brown

to worry about.  :shrug:

Expand  
My thoughts exactly.  I really hope we double Gronk and take him out of the game.  If Brady beats us to his WR's in windy/rainy conditions with 2 of his top 3 wr's out, so be it.

In the first game against us, Brady was 29-30 with a TD on throws within 10 yards, or less, of the LOS. If we don't do something different, it's going to be a long day. 

Debunking the myth of the Buccaneers' vaunted rush defense

Heck, even the hapless Jets ran for 150 yards with a 5.8 average two weeks ago against the Bucs, and they were ranked 26th in rush offense going into the game.
But look what happens if you break it up with the first six games and the last 11: Through six games, the Bucs were allowing 3.4 yards per carry, 2nd-best in the league (just behind the Saints).The last 12 games? They allowed 4.7 yards per carry, 5th-worst in the league.  That’s right, the No. 3 run defense in the NFL this year was 5th-worst in the league in terms of yards per carry since Week 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a good conversation on this the other day, I think from the Birds with Friends podcast. They talked about how running in the A gaps was close to top in rush defense, but running on the left side of the line, which would be behind Mailatta and Dickerson, is where the rush defense is terrible. 

if lavonte David is still out for this game, eagles should prioritize that a bit. They also talked about how this rush defense is particularly susceptible to explosive rushes so that should green light Miles for some nice ones. Hopefully 

DJax is just pulling a page from the Brady playbook: it's never too early to start lobbying the refs. ;)

I hope this is a good game. Philly has to play a near flawless game to win. While they've shown flashes of it this year, never seen a full 60 minutes. Control TOP, get consistent pressure on Brady, win the TO differential and no stupid penalties (looking at you, Barnett). I'm stoked they made the playoffs after the debacle of last year.

And still being serious. it's not why they lost the SB but it didn't help that TB LBs were holding the entire game and the min a KC defender touched a TB Offensive player it was flags galore. TB also had helped vs WFT who had them beat but there was no way the NFL was not allowing TB and Brady play in the SB in the Home turf. WFT got royally screwed last year. I know they are a divisional rival but as an actual team I got a lot more respect for them then I do any other team in the division (Org and owner is a different story) but anyone can stop being biased for a minute who watched that game last year can't say with a straight face WFT didn't get hosed. 

In the first game against us, Brady was 29-30 with a TD on throws within 10 yards, or less, of the LOS. If we don't do something different, it's going to be a long day. 

Play press and jame receivers at line. Misplace their timing if the refs actually allow us to play some football 

Turned on the radio for about 3 and a half minutes last night only to hear “If we don’t win how can we say this season wasn’t a failure?!” from the host 🤦‍♂️ 

I will continue to say this till sports radio in this town has major changes but the stations in this town breed a lot of moron listeners. They've enabled the poor fan behavior at games and wear ir like a badge of honor. Guys like Cataldi and Gargano have enabled this behavior for yrs. It's a lot of macho masogynistic, knuckle dragging neanderthal behavior. It's gotten worse over the yrs. I miss the days of Bruno on (despite him being a right wing nut job his sports takes were amazing and well thought) and Howard Eskin is tame compared to a lot. I know a lot of different opinions on Innes but I thought he did well drawing in my age group and younger to the show and made it fun again. These guys today all just suck. 

Here's another fun fact. Some of the people there make fun of soccer and act like it doesn't exist but it's only because their bosses don't care and don't want it on their airwaves. It just makes these guys look hypocritical. Just based on what I've heard from people who have worked at both stations they sound like a cesspool and not a great work environment. 

We really need to do something to change these shows for the good. 

Kelce first team all-pro. Johnson made second team.

Darius Slay one vote Diggs got the honors but here's their stats. There's a reason people don't target Slay though he's making a play. Diggs is a big play guy but he takes a lot of chances on his picks or takes advantage of bad QB plays ALA Hurts bad decision first game. Diggs gambling also gives up a lot more big plays despite the picks. This isn't saying Diggs isn't a good player because he is but a lot of people put too much into the INTs for DBs

@mike_e_kaye

Darius Slay: 48 tackles, 3 interceptions, 3 TDs, 76.1 passer rating allowed, 44 receptions for 459 yards and 3 touchdowns on 72 targets (per@PFF)

Trevon Diggs: 43 tackles, 11 interceptions, 2 TDs, 71.7 passer rating, 55 receptions for 1,016 yards and 5 touchdowns on 92 targets.

I truly think you guys could pull this out. Bucs are waaay over hyped. Get some pressure up the middle and take Gronk away. 

Don’t tell anyone, but I might even be rooting for you. 
All good. We played a waaaay overhyped team 2x a year already, so we are used to that part ;)

All I'm preaching is we must be good at that - pressure up the middle and we obviously must be able to run the ball. 

We did not have Lane Johnson nor Dallas Goedert fist meeting. Its going to be closer than the 8-9 Vegas spread IMO. 

An int/pick-6 caused by pressure up the middle is my dream I keep having over and over. 

Fournette out sure evens the field. Hurts has a huge opportunity to shut up the doubters if he will be smart with the ball. I’m not a fan of Philly but I like their odds and I’m sick of Brady. I’ll be taking the points for sure.

i really do enjoy watching results of last year's draft from NY Giants' fans while we wait for this game. i feel bad enjoying other's misery, but we have certainly had our fair share so it is good

never can really enjoy the Cow-pokes, but the fact the trade happened with the Cowboys just had Giants' fans freaking out

Not wishing for it, just a question: If Brady were to get a major injury in this year’s playoffs, like a 12 month ACL or Achilles, do you think he just call’s it a career or he hits rehab aiming to return in 2023 (when he would be 46?)

Not wishing for it, just a question: If Brady were to get a major injury in this year’s playoffs, like a 12 month ACL or Achilles, do you think he just call’s it a career or he hits rehab aiming to return in 2023 (when he would be 46?)
If it was me, I would have been done.  So I'm betting he comes back and wins another mvp and championship 

I truly think you guys could pull this out. Bucs are waaay over hyped. Get some pressure up the middle and take Gronk away. 

Don’t tell anyone, but I might even be rooting for you. 
Yes, we know you’d rather have another home game (assuming the Boys don’t choke) versus traveling to Tampa to take on the Champs. 

LaVonte activated. Playoff Lenny still on the shelf. 

I went to bed, thought about it, and foresaw a close game that you guys have a shot at winning towards the end. Tampa is missing a lot from who they practice with, roll with, etc. 

You're going to see sets with the not-so speedy Tyler Johnson and the oft-injured Brett Perriman. Scotty Miller will come into play. That does not make for an offensive juggernaut most of time. 

I like Philly's defensive line and Darius Slay as a DB. I think those are your strengths. 

Your running game is probably neutralized by Suh and Vea. Maybe. I think this is a game Hurts has to win, and I'm not sure he's able to do that. 

One matchup to watch: Their TEs on your weaker linebacking corps. That might also come really into play. Singleton and Edwards keeping up with Howard, Brate, Gronk. Doesn't sound too appealing. Is Davion Taylor available? 

Anyway, 

Tampa - 24
Philly - 17 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's early and maybe my mind will change as the week goes on, but I think the Eagles put up a fight but ultimately TBs experience pulls away. The game will come down to 2-3 key plays where we can't get off the field on 3rd and 17, we fumble in the red zone going for a score or just have an untimely 3 and out. 

TB 34 Phi 22

Now that it's GameDay, I say 

TB 26 Phi 20

I'm neither a Tampa nor Philly fan and this is sort of what I think of as the game of the week for some reason. It's just the most appealing match-up. 

Despite all my talking, good luck to both sets of fans. Peace. 

No Josh Sweat hurts.  Not that he's great - just that our DE's that are left are so bad. 
He's been our best DE since BG went down and had a really strong last few weeks. Team said that his "illness/abdomen" all week was really life-saving surgery (but not his appendix) and he just isn't recovered enough to play. 

Herbig also being out is a big deal. Great run blocker, being replaced by Opeta who has been up and down overall in the spots he played. 

Somewhat surprising that Jason Huntley is NOT active after they signed him to the active roster. There must have been another playoff team poking around to poach him that needed a RB/KR (maybe LAR?) 

Bucs will be without one of their starting DBs, which could be helpful.

With possible wet, but definitely windy, conditions and recovering broken hand, on top of his already existing tendency to lose the ball, hoping a Miles Sanders fumble doesn't show up in this one. 

He's been our best DE since BG went down and had a really strong last few weeks. Team said that his "illness/abdomen" all week was really life-saving surgery (but not his appendix) and he just isn't recovered enough to play. 

Herbig also being out is a big deal. Great run blocker, being replaced by Opeta who has been up and down overall in the spots he played. 

Somewhat surprising that Jason Huntley is NOT active after they signed him to the active roster. There must have been another playoff team poking around to poach him that needed a RB/KR (maybe LAR?) 

Bucs will be without one of their starting DBs, which could be helpful.
Yeah Sweat was on a nice streak lately and it will hurt missing him. At the same time it’s really going to come down to how our DT’s play. They have to show up immediately. 

I’m more worried about Herbig being out at this point. 

Down 17-13 with 3:00 left in the 4th Quarter, Hurts leads the Eagles on an 7-play/82 yard drive. There will be a really controversial penalty on this drive that we all talk about for the next week. Hurts runs one in from 6 yds out to put them on top with less than :30 left. Brady can't get them in FG range.

Ultimately, the Eagles pull it off and win 20-17.

Good Luck today Igglz fans

-I don't have any big words of wisdom and I will be rooting or cheering the TB Bucs where I lived from '92-'00 in Tampa/St Pete, I fell in love with the Bucs during the Dungy takeover and when they started drafting a lot of college kids from the U, UF, FSU, they loaded up in the 90s and it served them well.

-I do believe you will showcase some of that ground attack that has served Philly well throughout the season. I think Philly could actually take a lead at different points of this football game and I have hard time laying so many points this week on a team that has suffered serious setbacks in 2 of their Top 3 WR Skill positions and that will limit their ability with an aging veteran QB to explode and do the type of damage they have showcased since about halfway thru last season when they were like 4-4 and then went on a tear, this is a different team right now. Gimpy RBs to boot but who am I talking to? Sanders, Howard, Scott, all of them have had nagging injuries or serious ones in the last many weeks. 

I see a lot to be proud of and excited about in Philly, I think like many teams the quest for your franchise QB continues but like Miami going 19-14 last 2 seasons, you can be pretty good with almost no QB play. Bucs must apply pressure when Hurts has to deliver and rush his timing, he's shown he can throw interceptions at inopportune moments and that could play a factor today. If the Bucs play sloppy on their side, they will lose the football game, they cannot turn the ball over and allow Philly to operate on shorter fields, make them drive the length of the field. 

Hoping for an enjoyable game and not one mired in Halftime controversy or a complete blowout by Halftime, both teams. 

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread