What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (10 Viewers)

Jalen Hurts needs 4 passing yards Sunday to pass Carson Wentz in career playoff passing yardage. 

Jalen Reagor needs 1 catch to pass Justin Jefferson in career playoff receptions (but it will probably be a WR screen behind the LOS for a negative play, so Jefferson will still have more yards  :P )

Just watched the Indy-Jax game rewind.  Wentz wasn't the only problem, by a long shot.  The whole team really #### the bed.  Paris Campbell had TWO terrible drops on passes that really hurt drives.  That coupled with the OL/defense issues lands this squarely on the team and Reich, and not so much ONLY Wentz. 

Stop using facts and let people have their agenda dude. The sad thing is I'm seeing all over the internet these same people acting like Hurts is the guaranteed starter here for yrs to come and honestly if my people are right, if Hurts doesn't progress more next year they're in for a rude awakening. Sunday was a total team effort of a loss, however those with an agenda will focus on Wentz. Also blaming the QB is just an easy copout for many folks rather then discussing bigger issues with the team. It's the same copout as people who want to say someone didn't work out here because they aren't mentally tough enough. 

It's simple math.  I don't mind the 7 playoff teams per conference.  Hell, I'm old enough to remember when there were 5 teams per conference.  It's just that the 17-game season screwed the math up to determine who should've been in the playoffs.  What I'm trying to say is if the league hadn't gone to a 17-game schedule and made the Eagles play the Jets, they wouldn't be in the playoffs.

This is old man yelling at the sky for the kids to get off his lawn syndrome folks. Nothing to see here. Lets ignore it and move on. I saw 22 new posts and thought there was going to be a really good Eagles discussion. Not some grumpy dude saying why this and that team don't don't deserve to be in the playoffs. 

I'll admit the easier schedule in the end I think contributed to them winning but at the same time the saints are also a .500 team without the extra week too. We also BEAT THE SAINTS THIS YEAR and yeah it was against a Saints teams without key players we still won. Why are you yelling that a team THE EAGLES BEAT IS MORE DESERVING TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS? I think we got some deep rooted pA bias right here folks. Just for that I hope for this guys sake the Eagles play the Steelers in the SB this year so we can get more of these lovely hot takes from the wonderful bear 

:popcorn: probably shouldn't feed the trolls, but what else we gonna do for three more days :coffee:

I'd say something about bad TB fans but then I remember they didn't have any until they won a SB in the 2000s. There was a Buccaneers fan on the BucsSubreddit a few yrs back when we went to TB bragging how he was going to cross the line and personally attack Eagles players because he wasn't over what a few idiots did to Joe Jurevicious. Another troll went into the Eagles Reddit with a few choice words on fans behavior. It's ok they are just looking for attention. If it wasn't for Brady they'd still be irrelevant. Let them enjoy their time in the sun because when Brady goes it back to being mediocre franchise. I feel sorry that Kyle Trask has to put up with it though. 

Kinda misleading stats there lol

It's like one of those misleading stat tweets people bring up to prove their guy is better I see constantly on Twitter One guy who use to write for Fansided does it constantly. It's stupid but there's enough people who will feed into the BS and actually believe it why they keep tweeting, It's like the dumb podcaster who makes a hot take just to be controversial and get more views on channel.

Soccer related saw a podcaster do this for a rival club saying a younger center back was playing better and was better then their rival clubs legend defensive player who played every position on the backline, won multiple domestic and European trophies, a constant on his national team and is viewed as one of the top 2 defensive players in world football of all time. People make statements and stats to be controversial. You can pick them out quickly. 

The quoted stat you went with if Ruben Frank had posted it I wouldn't give it a second thought just a more interesting stat. Some random on the internet quoting it with some sugar on top I'd say I know what they are doing. 

Kinda misleading stats there lol
It's actually the key stat for why the Eagles drafted Hurts, imo. As a backup he would be perfect for a team to come in and win a game against a team that hadn't prepped for him.
As a starter he needs a lot of work, but for a guy to come in when Carson keeps missing playoff games...

It's simple math.  I don't mind the 7 playoff teams per conference.  Hell, I'm old enough to remember when there were 5 teams per conference.  

So you've been putting that same energy out there on other teams every year since 1978 

GTFOH, grandpa.
Considering the 5 team conferences only happened in the 30's and 40's, im gonna have to place him in the Great-Grandpa range instead.

Bucs have more super bowl wins than your team. In fact the city of Tampa has more titles in the last 18 months than your city has in 30 years. :popcorn:  

Yet the baseball team can't get an adequate stadium and the city is full of transplants from the northeast. So really anyone who roots for the teams are just bandwagon fans not real fans 

It's weird when a poster comes in here bashing things simply because of his hate for the Pennsylvania State???

Yep it is weird. I just thought it was weird he brought The Steelers and now us. Maybe it's just a coincidence both teams are PA and had it been say LAC and NO maybe he is on his grandpa high horse again. Or maybe he's a bitter fan of a team that didn't make it and taking after Giants fans from last year. 

It's weird when a poster comes in here bashing things simply because of his hate for the Pennsylvania State???

Yep it is weird. I just thought it was weird he brought The Steelers and now us. Maybe it's just a coincidence both teams are PA and had it been say LAC and NO maybe he is on his grandpa high horse again. Or maybe he's a bitter fan of a team that didn't make it and taking after Giants fans from last year. 
I think that went right over your head 😛 

Take away "sylvania"

I think that went right over your head 😛 

Take away "sylvania"

I actually explained my hate for PSU awhile back. It's pretty legit do to a personal issue too close to the Sandusky situation amongst living near a lot of arrogant PSU fans. Also I know some people who worked there and how JoepA was a complete tyrant. 

Not as bad as the reporter that asked Belichick about New Year resolutions (twice!), but still awkward. If your questions is more than 2 sentences, it's already going off the rails. That was a paragraph and I bet McLane spent an hour crafting it and including school names/references and was proud of what he came up with thinking that would ingratiate him with Hurts and spark some nostalgia (although Hurts' team got smoked and he didn't play great, so the questions could also be taken as antagonizing.) But, it's completely tone deaf after seeing Hurts for two years now in press conferences, same as the NE reporter that should have known what she was in for with Belichick.

McLane later tweeted that he asked the question(s) because he's working on a story about Hurts and his previous "big games" which I can understand a bit because access to players is limited in COVID times so reporters are often trying to use press conferences as a way to get quotes for their stories that they normally would get in one-on-ones inside/outside the locker rooms. But he went way too hyper-specific and paid for it.

Hurts also dismissed another questions later from someone else about being 3 years-old when Brady first played a playoff game and what memories he may have of Brady in those early years. Hurts had no interest in it. 

Some of these guys are all business (Like Hurts, Smith, or Sanders) and some will yuk it up (like Slay, Kelce, or Lane.) Read the room, people.

Eagles VP of Football Ops Catherine Raiche and Director of Player Personnel Brandon Brown were both interview requests by MIN for their GM role. 

If either is hired, Eagles would get two 3rd round picks (after the regular free-agency 3rd round comp picks) due to the NFL's incentive for teams to develop minority coaches and executives. 

#GMFACTORY

Last edited by a moderator:
Reich won’t commit to Wentz as next year’s starter. 

Uh oh! And if they draft a QB, Wentz is really going to be sour. 

Colts GM Ballard, on Wentz and his future: "I'm not going to make a comment on who is going to be here next year and who isn't."

Colts radio guy (their "Mike Quick" on the broadcast), on Wentz: "I think this is probably irreversible, is absolute head-scratching judgment issues that are just ridiculous issues. We've seen them over and over. I think he's more blacksmith than surgeon. I think the big moments are his enemy. I doubt that's reversible. Frank couldn't do it. Who can?"

Former Colts All-Pro center Jeff Saturday says he’s done with Wentz: "For what you brought him in for – you think about the [Week 8] Titans loss, the moments that were in the grasp of the team to win, and he doesn’t make enough plays. Consistently throughout the season when the moments mattered most, he really didn’t step up and do things that you would expect that type of quarterback and that type of investment to make."

Indy is going through a condensed timeline of the Wentz experience. 

Not as bad as the reporter that asked Belichick about New Year resolutions (twice!), but still awkward. If your questions is more than 2 sentences, it's already going off the rails. That was a paragraph and I bet McLane spent an hour crafting it and including school names/references and was proud of what he came up with thinking that would ingratiate him with Hurts and spark some nostalgia (although Hurts' team got smoked and he didn't play great, so the questions could also be taken as antagonizing.) But, it's completely tone deaf after seeing Hurts for two years now in press conferences, same as the NE reporter that should have known what she was in for with Belichick.

McLane later tweeted that he asked the question(s) because he's working on a story about Hurts and his previous "big games" which I can understand a bit because access to players is limited in COVID times so reporters are often trying to use press conferences as a way to get quotes for their stories that they normally would get in one-on-ones inside/outside the locker rooms. But he went way too hyper-specific and paid for it.

Hurts also dismissed another questions later from someone else about being 3 years-old when Brady first played a playoff game and what memories he may have of Brady in those early years. Hurts had no interest in it. 

Some of these guys are all business (Like Hurts, Smith, or Sanders) and some will yuk it up (like Slay, Kelce, or Lane.) Read the room, people.

Most of the team hates McLane and I'm sure Hurts was taking it as McLane trying to get a hit piece started gotcha moment. I Understand from McLane explaining it where he was going but he could've said that to begin with. 

Hurts is just using the same responses though as Saban always uses with the media. 

Colts GM Ballard, on Wentz and his future: "I'm not going to make a comment on who is going to be here next year and who isn't."

Colts radio guy (their "Mike Quick" on the broadcast), on Wentz: "I think this is probably irreversible, is absolute head-scratching judgment issues that are just ridiculous issues. We've seen them over and over. I think he's more blacksmith than surgeon. I think the big moments are his enemy. I doubt that's reversible. Frank couldn't do it. Who can?"

Former Colts All-Pro center Jeff Saturday says he’s done with Wentz: "For what you brought him in for – you think about the [Week 8] Titans loss, the moments that were in the grasp of the team to win, and he doesn’t make enough plays. Consistently throughout the season when the moments mattered most, he really didn’t step up and do things that you would expect that type of quarterback and that type of investment to make."

Its funny how they are all blaming Wentz when the team in general didn't show up Sunday. Also Reich's weird play calling and lack of aggressiveness cost them at least twice this season. We'd be going after the QB but also questioning the why the team didn't upgrade on the offensive line, how the Defense had a few let downs and Reich's play calling. Going after the QB is just easier though then running down all of that

The good thing about that is their fanbase probably aren't split on him and when he moves on they won't be missing him I don't think. 

Rick Venturi was 3-48-1 as a head coach. Week 8 loss to the titans Jeff? Jeff forgets the Defenses collapse. Also Jeff Saturday might want to sit this one out. He was on a bunch of Colts teams who for yrs could win the big one 

Rick Venturi was 3-48-1 as a head coach. Week 8 loss to the titans Jeff? Jeff forgets the Defenses collapse. Also Jeff Saturday might want to sit this one out. He was on a bunch of Colts teams who for yrs could win the big one 
You don't need to take this personally you know.  

They're seeing what I commented on - this whole season, there was not one game that Wentz took over and led the team to a win. He was decidedly average, despite decent stats.  Personally, I think its worth it for them to give him another year, but I think they were really hoping to get that 2017 Wentz with Reich, instead they are getting 2018 Wentz. Good for them they didn't get 2020 Wetnz!  But even 2019 Wentz led the team to some wins.  He's Kirk Cousins. He should have a starting role in this league....but not for the cap space he's eating up.

TB is hurting and so beatable. I think it can be done. OTOH, Brady is so damn lucky what with satan whispering in his ear ...well anything can happen. 

Show up with what got you here and maybe. Godwin out is huge.Brown had a much anticipated meltdown.  The rest is manageable or should be. Sprinkle nuggs of Kush Mints around the field and watch Gronk wander around the field gathering. The rest takes care of itself. Tell Hurts to not #### himself everytime they shoot the cannons off and you guys will be fine.

TB is hurting and so beatable. I think it can be done. OTOH, Brady is so damn lucky what with satan whispering in his ear ...well anything can happen. 

Show up with what got you here and maybe. Godwin out is huge.Brown had a much anticipated meltdown.  The rest is manageable or should be. Sprinkle nuggs of Kush Mints around the field and watch Gronk wander around the field gathering. The rest takes care of itself. Tell Hurts to not #### himself everytime they shoot the cannons off and you guys will be fine.
I'm feeling this!! Hurricane/windy rainy conditions. We MUST stop Fournette and MUST be able to run the ball despite Vita Vea in the middle. I think we have a better chance than the outside world thinks. 

I'm feeling this!! Hurricane/windy rainy conditions. We MUST stop Fournette and MUST be able to run the ball despite Vita Vea in the middle. I think we have a better chance than the outside world thinks. 
I think Gronk is going to be our downfall, if we lose. Gannon's defense is designed to give up easy gains and over the middle passes, and then throw in our LB's vulnerability in coverage and our spotty tackling, and we've already seen barely average TE's exploit us this year. 

Maybe they have something planned to double him or something, since they do have the advantage of being able to have Slay shadow Evans and not have Godwin and Brown to worry about.  :shrug:

I think Gronk is going to be our downfall, if we lose. Gannon's defense is designed to give up easy gains and over the middle passes, and then throw in our LB's vulnerability in coverage and our spotty tackling, and we've already seen barely average TE's exploit us this year. 

Maybe they have something planned to double him or something, since they do have the advantage of being able to have Slay shadow

Evans

and not have

Godwin

and

Brown

to worry about.  :shrug:
My thoughts exactly.  I really hope we double Gronk and take him out of the game.  If Brady beats us to his WR's in windy/rainy conditions with 2 of his top 3 wr's out, so be it.

babydemon90 said:
You don't need to take this personally you know.  

They're seeing what I commented on - this whole season, there was not one game that Wentz took over and led the team to a win. He was decidedly average, despite decent stats.  Personally, I think its worth it for them to give him another year, but I think they were really hoping to get that 2017 Wentz with Reich, instead they are getting 2018 Wentz. Good for them they didn't get 2020 Wetnz!  But even 2019 Wentz led the team to some wins.  He's Kirk Cousins. He should have a starting role in this league....but not for the cap space he's eating up.

Not taking it personally. I'm just pointing out people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It's just hard to take a guy seriously who's teams were notorious for choking in big situations and a failed lower level College coach who couldn't hack it. 

BoltNlava said:

I'm mostly wondering which part of the game the NFL decides to screw the Eagles over and start calling things in Brady's favor if TB starts struggling. 

babydemon90 said:
Pederson's gonna get a coaching gig this time, right? He's not flashy, but with this many openings I can't see him not getting a shot somewhere.

You would hope. I don't want him HOU as I think its a terrible situation as well as CHI. JAX and MIA would be good destinations. Curious about Den but ultimately I think the FL jobs are the best especially MIA. Also most people are forgetting LV Raiders still need a coach unless they take the intern label off 

Am I the only one who finds "dawg mentality - we fight" a little uncomfortable? No other analogies we could use there?

It's no different then referring to aviator battles as Dog fights or people calling a game a dog fight. They are playing off the Under Dog stuff. I get where you are going with this though as it has to do with a certain former QB and Dogs fighting. 

You would hope. I don't want him HOU as I think its a terrible situation as well as CHI. JAX and MIA would be good destinations. Curious about Den but ultimately I think the FL jobs are the best especially MIA. Also most people are forgetting LV Raiders still need a coach unless they take the intern label off 

He's 7-5 and in the playoffs...unless they have to interview someone because of the Rooney Rule, you'd think they'd let him run it back next year...

It's no different then referring to aviator battles as Dog fights or people calling a game a dog fight. They are playing off the Under Dog stuff. I get where you are going with this though as it has to do with a certain former QB and Dogs fighting. 
No, the imagery in that playoff hype video was explicit, if brief.

He's 7-5 and in the playoffs...unless they have to interview someone because of the Rooney Rule, you'd think they'd let him run it back next year...

Interim HC in NFL and playoffs is tricky as I don't know how many times that has happened. Players love him and he's done well though so he has that going at least in his defense. 

I'm mostly wondering which part of the game the NFL decides to screw the Eagles over and start calling things in Brady's favor if TB starts struggling. 
Usually everyone waits until the game thread to start crying over Philly getting unfair calls. This is unprecedented, but bravo.

The Eagles are going to bring the fight, and I think they beat Brady fair and square. It’s gonna be a shame if they lose and it’s 300 post about the refs again. Let’s hope the bad calls are limited, or atleast recognized both ways. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread