What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

If JJAW can continue to build on this preseason I have no problem keeping him around. He's a bust as a high pick but still young, there's still reasonable hope for production.

Re Minshew.....guy is a gamer. No long term answer anywhere but an absolute scrapper. I can easily envision a scenario where he's breathing down Hurts' neck all year and starts a few games. Some guys respond to fierce competition breathing down their neck, but is there ANYTHING in Hurts history that suggests he would be one of those guys? He RAN from competition in college.

I think this is gonna be a mess.

Minshew on the comp against Trevor Lawerence

"I haven't taken a ##### in a month because the #2 is no where in my mind right now for anything." 

Yeah He likes competition. meanwhile Tua comes in and wins a title at Bama and Hurts and his family cried to Saban about it. Don't get me wrong Hurts seems like a great guy but I'm a little worried he's gonna cave when the pressure is on him. 

We know that this type of competition bothered Wentz somewhat last year, but Sirianni and staff inherited Hurts, so I can understand their move.  We'll see if Hurts can handle some true competition(it definitely ain't Flacco) in the end. Either way, I don't think it comes into play until the guy learns the system.  Until then Jalen has plenty of time to distance himself and make it a non issue. It's totally on him right now.  I'm just dreading the potential doom & gloom in this thread if things go south and we have QB drama even remotely similar to last year's stink.

From what I was told people close to this (So as always take with a grain of salt) that Sirianni was promised he didn't have to be married to Hurts if he took the job. I was told in January and as recently as a week an a half ago Derrick Gunn Confirmed the team isn't sold on Hurts as the QB of the future. hence the talk of moving up for Wilson, The Watson rumors, etc. The moves here just show me the Eagles are preparing just in case they are right. Mineshew can be a decent bridge gap to whoever the Eagles want as their future guy if they plan on getting rid of Hurts. 

I was told Wentz never wanted to leave but his agent and him didn't trust Howie so Lurie told him if the team found a trade that made sense for everyone he'd at least listen to offers. Sirriani has apparently full reign on who the next Eagles QB. Hurts or some other guy not rostered. This isn't the say Hurts is guaranteed gone if their opinion is right though. This is more of they have the draft picks to get things moving for next year. Hurts was only drafted by Howie to please Pederson. 

You done messed up Urban

The Eagles have made it abundantly clear that Jalen Hurts is their starting quarterback. With his flashes of greatness last season, improved play during the preseason, and second-round draft selection status, the Eagles would be ridiculous not to give Hurts the starting job. That being said, I strongly believe Minshew should compete for the gig should Hurts start to struggle in 2021.

It's a solid trade for us. Menshaw will be the #2 by next year or he's starter bringing the cap for the rookie if he can't play right away. I know the Foles fanboys will be upset with this, but if you lose your job in Jax and then can't beat out Trubisky in CHI nor Andy Dalton and a rookie you probably need to call it a career. 
Who is Menshaw? 

I just heard about this and I’m beyond upset. I think Minshew has A LOT of potential. 

To add insult to injury you got him for a 5th at worst. 

On top of that the Cowboys have NOTHING at backup QB. They should have made this move. 

I just heard about this and I’m beyond upset. I think Minshew has A LOT of potential. 

To add insult to injury you got him for a 5th at worst. 

On top of that the Cowboys have NOTHING at backup QB. They should have made this move. 
How about we give you Hurts for Vander Esch or Smith. We Upgrade the LB spot more you get your back up. Seems fair to me 

Good quality back up trade. It would take a month for him to even challenge Hurts. Hurts is the man for at least first 6 to 8 weeks even if they struggle. I doubt they do. Hurts will likely be much better than what Philly fans believe. 

The whole point of this season is to find out if Jalen Hurts can play. If he's not injured, Hurts should start every game for us this year.
Yep. It’s a must now and we see where the cards fall. 

This season is SO wide open too. I can see as many as 10-11 wins and as little as 2-3 

I'm just dreading the potential doom & gloom in this thread if things go south and we have QB drama even remotely similar to last year's stink.
It will be overreaction if it happens. No one should be expecting the team to be any good this year. If Hurts plays poorly and we have QB drama, it means we will leverage our high 2022 picks to draft his real successor. 

The doom and gloom was warranted last year because we expected the team to be competitive and it wouldn't have been if it wasn't in a joke of a division. 

It will be overreaction if it happens. No one should be expecting the team to be any good this year. If Hurts plays poorly and we have QB drama, it means we will leverage our high 2022 picks to draft his real successor. 

The doom and gloom was warranted last year because we expected the team to be competitive and it wouldn't have been if it wasn't in a joke of a division. 
I agree with this.  I've personally gone back and forth on how well our QB play from Hurts will be.  Presently leaning toward him surprising everyone and shining, but I've been admittedly all over the place on it all preseason :shrug:

I guess my homerism bleeds through as I can NEVER root for these guys to do badly.  Call me a sucker,  I guess.  GO EAGLES........Stella and Jameson starting to kick in :)

I’m probably as high on Hurts as anyone as well. I think his work ethic, leadership and athleticism will eventually overcome his deficiencies. 

it's totally wrong when people say he ran away from competition at bama.   It was tuas job.  There was no competition at that point.  Tua was better.  Still is honestly.  Hurts stayed that first year and backed up tua. Never complained.  He  was ready and came in when tua was hurt and helped win the sec.   He then went to Oklahoma and got better.  Almost won a Heisman.   What was he supposed to do?  Just watch tua for another year? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reports are Watson WON’T waive his no trade clause to come here. Well that was fun lol

Never was coming here This is old news apparently from what I was told. Media just wanted to get their clicks in as long as they could. Thank god he won't because HOU apparently also wouldn't budge on giving compensation if Watson was suspended and insist on the 3 1st and 2 impact players. 

The whole point of this season is to find out if Jalen Hurts can play. If he's not injured, Hurts should start every game for us this year.

There's still a scenario I could see where we are near a Division title or WC and Hurts is struggle and he gets pulled and either Minshew or Flacco starts. 

There's still a scenario I could see where we are near a Division title or WC and Hurts is struggle and he gets pulled and either Minshew or Flacco starts. 
Our defense would have to be carrying us for that to happen. I don't see that happening. 

Let's do this. I have no idea what kind of season we are going to have. I am excited to find out.

I just we don't go 5-0 then finish the season 5-12.

Least surprising news of the day. And likely won't be the last time he's on it this season.
If I know Philly luck like I think I do, he will be in the MVP conversation while we are in the midst of a 6 game skid. Far too much negative energy heading his way. This feels like “Gabe Kepler sucks and we need a Philly guy like Girardi” situation to me. Oddly that never comes up on talk radio lol

If I know Philly luck like I think I do, he will be in the MVP conversation while we are in the midst of a 6 game skid. Far too much negative energy heading his way. This feels like “Gabe Kepler sucks and we need a Philly guy like Girardi” situation to me. Oddly that never comes up on talk radio lol
It gets mentioned occasionally but not by the really vocal people. Don't hear too many Gabe cuts these days. Funny how you can suddenly coach when you have talent to use.

It gets mentioned occasionally but not by the really vocal people. Don't hear too many Gabe cuts these days. Funny how you can suddenly coach when you have talent to use.
The talent part is even arguable. The masses had the Giants as the 3rd best in that division yet they’re smashing the league. We just have a #### ton of cavemen over here who can’t grasp any thinking that wasn’t initial thinking. 

Bottom line is when the masses lean one way here, it’s always best to go in the opposite direction even if you don’t believe it. 

Swapping a 7th for a 6th next year for Pryor is decent. He was going to get cut, according to most 53-man prognostications, and didn't look good at all this preseason. 

Insein said:
Columnist needs to get over himself. They didn't test positive. Blame the NFL for the stupid policy.
Nah, idiot knew the policy.  Super easy to comply with too. Literally hundreds of millions of people able to do it. This is 100% on Wentz being an idiot.

Nah, idiot knew the policy.  Super easy to comply with too. Literally hundreds of millions of people able to do it. This is 100% on Wentz being an idiot.
How is it on Wentz being an idiot when he is healthy, hasn't had a positive test and he's getting suspended for 5 days? Because of someone who probably did get the shot tested positive (which also might be a false positive). So basically the headline should read "NFL suspends 3 healthy players for 5 days due to ignorance."

The policy is as idiotic as them suspending people for weed related offenses. It’s arguable that vaccinated people are putting HIM at risk. That’s before you factor in he’s tested negative, isn’t sick and no players or coaches in any major sport have been affected in any major way. It’s a policy in place for nothing more than optics. 

The policy is as idiotic as them suspending people for weed related offenses. It’s arguable that vaccinated people are putting HIM at risk. That’s before you factor in he’s tested negative, isn’t sick and no players or coaches in any major sport have been affected in any major way. It’s a policy in place for nothing more than optics. 
And if Wentz got suspended for weed he'd be an idiot for that too.

Vaccinated people aren't putting him in any greater risk then unvaccinated, no.  That isnt 'arguable', unless we use a broad brush definition like saying 'a flat earth is arguable' - I mean sure, you can make the argument the earth is flat, you just sound ignorant and no one takes you seriously.

And if Wentz got suspended for weed he'd be an idiot for that too.

Vaccinated people aren't putting him in any greater risk then unvaccinated, no.  That isnt 'arguable', unless we use a broad brush definition like saying 'a flat earth is arguable' - I mean sure, you can make the argument the earth is flat, you just sound ignorant and no one takes you seriously.
Please don't get into it here. It is very arguable and has been done plenty in the PSF. Please go there if you want to argue it.

Users who are viewing this thread