What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (2 Viewers)

Dr. Octopus said:
What? He had already lost his job to Tua - there was no competition.

So in your mind a young man looking to make a career out of playing football should sit on the bench instead of going somewhere else where he can showcase his skills? I know you don't like "certain" QBs, that's very clear from many of your posts, but this stance is completely ridiculous. 

It's the same aspect we see guys do this constantly in college. I'd take more into the account for a guy who stays and fights for his job. It's the SEC it's a big boy league. I'm not a big Emory Jones fan but a lot of us respect the fact he stayed at Florida and now is starting despite he could've gone else where. Trask has done the same and turned it into a nice draft pick 

Really calling me racist? You've been on this nonsense since I made appearances in the Cam The Scam thread and Winston threads critiquing fair points about them. Hate to break it too you but you can critique Black athletes and not be racist either. But hey you do you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is becoming boarder line stalkers and harassment at this point 
No, it's not. There are a lot of people in here talking about what Insein and the other guy are saying because they're making controversial statements and then accosting anybody anywhere on the board that disagrees with them.

You don't like the way the board works, tough. I've barely said a thing this time around other than to point out that other people are having problems with him. If you can't understand that, go back and re-read it. I was simply telling Polish Hammer exactly what Insein was doing. I got suspended because of this garbage, and I'm not about to see him and the other anti-vaxxer bait people into getting suspended either without comment.

No, it's not. There are a lot of people in here talking about what Insein and the other guy are saying because they're making controversial statements and then accosting anybody anywhere on the board that disagrees with them.

You don't like the way the board works, tough. I've barely said a thing this time around other than to point out that other people are having problems with him. If you can't understand that, go back and re-read it. I was simply telling Polish Hammer exactly what Insein was doing. I got suspended because of this garbage, and I'm not about to see him and the other anti-vaxxer bait people into getting suspended either without comment.
 You are fine by me brother

You are fine by me brother
Thanks, man. I got no real dog in this fight, either, I just made a comment again when people seemed to be having similar issues with a poster. I have no real problem with anybody here, actually. Not DJax. Not Insein. Not anybody, really. I hope that comes through. I'm not furiously typing away.

As far as Hurts goes, I don't see him leaving Alabama for Oklahoma as a problem of mettle. What it tells me might be that he's a lesser talent than Tua, or more charitably, that Tua did what Saban wanted him to do better than Hurts.

I think it's likely the former, but that doesn't mean he ducked competition. He is one of the forty or so best in the world at something. Better to go show his wares elsewhere than to rot on the bench. Look at Sermon and Rhamondre Stevenson. Nobody is saying Sermon "ducked" competition. They're just saying Stevenson was better.

Bigboy10182000 said:
It’s college football at Alabama. There’s always going to be competition and he could have played better than Tua. 

What Hurts did was good for his future and at the same time gave the impression he was running away from competition/soft or whatever term you want to use. Both can be true at the same time without passively calling someone a racist. 

He's been crying about this ever since I went after his Buddy Cam Newton and told the story from people I know at Florida where Cam Accussed the coaching staff of racism why he wasn't the QB and Tebow was. Cam then made claims his rookie year how he outperformed Tebow and the UF beat guys posted screen shot tweets and linked articles from their practice reports and videos of how bad Cam was in those practices. A few even suggested he was so bad the walk on deserved the scholarship over him. I also went on about how Cam always knows where the Camera was and is a cancer in the locker room. 

Then I talked about Jamis Winston's issues and how someone I know ran into the Attorney of FSU in the case Husband at some party down in Florida where they all made fun of how they sl*t shamed the Victims and got Winston off the hook and other players. She also did some sports blog and covered the Panthers during Cam's time there and shared similar stories about Cam at Car as I had heard about in college. 

Seems like any chance he has he loves to try and accuse me passively of being a racist. I guess he doesn't know you can critique Black players and people without being racist. My Criticism on both players was pretty fair and related football wise Among other things. Same with Mike Vick. Guess he doesn't notice my Profile pic is of Randall Cunningham A BLACK QB. Guess he forgot about all my posts defending McNabb too? 

Yeah I like my QBs to be more of a passer you know the thing they are suppose to do then just some athlete who is inconsistent at the most important job they have. 

He's been crying about this ever since I went after his Buddy Cam Newton and told the story from people I know at Florida where Cam Accussed the coaching staff of racism why he wasn't the QB and Tebow was. Cam then made claims his rookie year how he outperformed Tebow and the UF beat guys posted screen shot tweets and linked articles from their practice reports and videos of how bad Cam was in those practices. A few even suggested he was so bad the walk on deserved the scholarship over him. I also went on about how Cam always knows where the Camera was and is a cancer in the locker room. 

Then I talked about Jamis Winston's issues and how someone I know ran into the Attorney of FSU in the case Husband at some party down in Florida where they all made fun of how they sl*t shamed the Victims and got Winston off the hook and other players. She also did some sports blog and covered the Panthers during Cam's time there and shared similar stories about Cam at Car as I had heard about in college. 

Seems like any chance he has he loves to try and accuse me passively of being a racist. I guess he doesn't know you can critique Black players and people without being racist. My Criticism on both players was pretty fair and related football wise Among other things. Same with Mike Vick. Guess he doesn't notice my Profile pic is of Randall Cunningham A BLACK QB. Guess he forgot about all my posts defending McNabb too? 

Yeah I like my QBs to be more of a passer you know the thing they are suppose to do then just some athlete who is inconsistent at the most important job they have. 
I don't think he was calling you a racist.

Dr. Octopus said:
It is ridiculous to call a kid soft for doing what's best for his career - sorry. It's not like he whined and complained about being benched. He sucked it up and stayed for a year. He also did not leave the program in a bind when he decided to transfer - and I'm sure he discussed it with Saban who told him he's sticking with Tua before he made that decisionn. 

And I didn't call anyone a racist - although I did allude to a pattern I have seen over many many posts (I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed).

I do apologize for the implication, that was wrong to bring up. I guess people are free to express their opinions.

Dude you allude to this all the time without any proof. I've asked you the past to provide proof of posts alluding to this and you've come up with nothing each time. Just so you know another poster not in this thread got put in TO for doing the same thing to someone over a year ago. Don't be that kind of guy who screams racism when its not there. You can find my posts in the political thread from awhile back defending BLM and other things and going after Proud boys and Milo and other reporters of the like for posting false things. Just stop before you embarrass yourself on this and you are only apologizing because you got called out on it by someone. 

The Noid said:
Gardner Minshew says he's in Philadelphia to get revenge on Nick Sirianni for losing a game of H-o-r-s-e to him during a pre-draft visit to Indianapolis. Got competitive, took his shirt off, and lost. Said he was up and blamed the shirt removal.

🤣

It's now confirmed that the fans will being chanting we want Minshew when ever Hurts throws a lame duck and struggles now 

Be interesting to see what it takes for some on here to get behind hurts....

About 3-4 seasons of consistent results and actual improvement. My issue with hurts is a lot more of I haven't seen a lot of improvements from his freshman year till now so far and that's concerning to me 

Again why do you have to come in here and bing it up. Take it to the thread the issue is in. 

Cam Newton means nothing to me. I’m not going to discuss this anymore. Everything is out there and people can decide - and most of what you said here is just pure nonsense. 
Later.

I don't think he was calling you a racist.

Oh trust me he's been doing this accusation thing for awhile. It all started after I made the Cam comments and then he came in here and tried to tattle on me to the mods of the board how I was being. It's passive accussations without blatantly calling it. Ive asked him to provide proof of his accusations and he keeps copping out of it meaning he has none. 

The We know you like Certain QBs is subtile into of that. 

About 3-4 seasons of consistent results and actual improvement. My issue with hurts is a lot more of I haven't seen a lot of improvements from his freshman year till now so far and that's concerning to me 
He won't get but this year.  That's it.   

Cam Newton means nothing to me. I’m not going to discuss this anymore. Everything its out there and people can decide - and most of what you said here is just pure nonsense. 
Later.

Hey you don't have to believe me or my sources on the issue. My History on what I've said Source wise here I have a good accuracy on. Not just football but with the wrestling stuff too I've shared. You don't have to believe it but I haven't been the only one saying the stuff about Cam. 

And yeah most people who come to me about this disagree with you. Again I've asked for you to provide evidence of this but you keep saying "people can decide on your comments themselves" AKA "I don't have any evidence of what you said to make these accusations hold up. I'm just calling you that because I disagree with your opinion." 

If you are gonna make accusations about someone you better have the evidence to back it up as well when asked. You haven't been able to do that ever. 

He won't get but this year.  That's it.   

I understand that but I'm just responding to your question. I'd like to see consistency and him improve on his negatives. I'd love to be wrong on the guy but my gut tells me I won't be here. Being wrong means we won't have to use one of our picks on a QB and can go else where to upgrade other spots. Not rooting for the guy to fail either. I'm just being realistic.  

The only other thing I want to say on that though is thank you @Bigboy10182000 for defending me there. I know it's not an easy thing to do sometimes especially on a forum. Really appreciate it. 

Eagles updated practice squad and live update thread

The Philadelphia Eagles signed 15 players to their practice squad on Wednesday afternoon, according to an official announcement from the team.

PRACTICE SQUAD

S Grayland Arnold

G/T Kayode Awosika

OT Le’Raven Clark

WR Travis Fulgham

WR John Hightower

RB Jordan Howard

RB Jason Huntley

CB Michael Jacquet III

CB Craig James

OG Sua Opeta

C/G Ross Pierschbacher

S Elijah Riley

LB JaCoby Stevens

DT Raequan Williams

[Vacant spot]

[Vacant spot]

DE Matt Leo - International exemption, doesn’t count towards 16-player limit

Eagles updated practice squad and live update thread

The Philadelphia Eagles signed 15 players to their practice squad on Wednesday afternoon, according to an official announcement from the team.

PRACTICE SQUAD

S Grayland Arnold

G/T Kayode Awosika

OT Le’Raven Clark

WR Travis Fulgham

WR John Hightower

RB Jordan Howard

RB Jason Huntley

CB Michael Jacquet III

CB Craig James

OG Sua Opeta

C/G Ross Pierschbacher

S Elijah Riley

LB JaCoby Stevens

DT Raequan Williams

[Vacant spot]

[Vacant spot]

DE Matt Leo - International exemption, doesn’t count towards 16-player limit
Some good guys there that will prob see time

Hey you don't have to believe me or my sources on the issue. My History on what I've said Source wise here I have a good accuracy on. Not just football but with the wrestling stuff too I've shared. You don't have to believe it but I haven't been the only one saying the stuff about Cam. 

And yeah most people who come to me about this disagree with you. Again I've asked for you to provide evidence of this but you keep saying "people can decide on your comments themselves" AKA "I don't have any evidence of what you said to make these accusations hold up. I'm just calling you that because I disagree with your opinion." 

If you are gonna make accusations about someone you better have the evidence to back it up as well when asked. You haven't been able to do that ever. 
I had a long post here that I deleted because I don’t feel like battling this out.

Most of your recollection as to what happened is incorrect. I mentioned something in this thread once before after reading and responding to those Cam, Winston, etc. posts and a mod came in a shut it down - who actually said many others have complained to him about it.

I have not brought this up multiple other times or followed you around making accusations -maybe that was with others.

I apologized to the thread before for my implication and now I’ll apologize to you personally. It wasn’t right to bring it up in that way - although I know what I said was accurate.

Ill stay out of this thread from now on. You can be you as well.

Have practice squad requirements changed/relaxed even more? Seems odd some of the vets finding practice squad jobs (HOward?)

Have practice squad requirements changed/relaxed even more? Seems odd some of the vets finding practice squad jobs (HOward?)

Yeah, they changed a bunch of PS rules last year because of COVID and just kept them again for this year:

• Expanded from 10 spots to 16 (this was already going up to 14 in 2022 under the new CBA, without COVID)
  • Up to 6 players can have more than 2 years in the NFL (this already was 2 players under the new CBA)
  • Up to 4 players can have 1-2 years
  • No limit on players with 0 NFL years
  • NFL years are defined as "Accrued Seasons" (6 or more games on an active roster in a season)
  • Can promote 2 players from the PS to the active roster each week without it counting against the 53 man (so essentially you can carry 55 players on game day, but still only activate 47 or 48 players for the game; 48 if 10 of your players are OL, 47 otherwise). The catch is a player can only be a "temporary call up" a max of two times in a season.
  •  Each Tuesday at 4pm team can "protect" 4 PS players for that week's game, preventing them from being signed to another team's active roster; no limit for the amount of times per player, so you can protect the same 4 guys all season, if needed but the protection is ONLY from Tuesday to gameday (no PS players are protected on Monday and most of Tuesday and can be signed away.)

Yeah, they changed a bunch of PS rules last year because of COVID and just kept them again for this year:

• Expanded from 10 spots to 16 (this was already going up to 14 in 2022 under the new CBA, without COVID)
  • Up to 6 players can have more than 2 years in the NFL (this already was 2 players under the new CBA)
  • NFL years are defined as "Accrued Seasons" (6 or more games on an active roster in a season)
  • Can promote 2 players from the PS to the active roster each week without it counting against the 53 man (so essentially you can carry 55 players on game day, but still only activate 47 or 48 players for the game; 48 if 10 of your players are OL, 47 otherwise). The catch is a player can only be a "temporary call up" a max of two times in a season.
  •  Each Tuesday at 4pm team can "protect" 4 PS players for that week's game, preventing them from being signed to another team's active roster; no limit for the amount of times per player, so you can protect the same 4 guys all season, if needed but the protection is ONLY from Tuesday to gameday (no PS players are protected on Monday and most of Tuesday and can be signed away.)
If a team grabs another team's practice squad player, the player must be on the 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 weeks. I wonder how often this happens during the season.

If a team grabs another team's practice squad player, the player must be on the 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 weeks. I wonder how often this happens during the season.

Probably not often. The Eagles do it maybe more than other teams. Boston Scott in 2018 and then they did it 3 times last year with Ross Pierschbacher (WAS), Joe Bachie (NO), and Hakeem Butler (CAR).

Also, being claimed doesn't always mean they are gone. The player has to accept the offer from the new team. They can decide to stay with their current team on the practice squad (a Bengals player did this a few years ago), or the original team could decide to offer them a promotion to the 53, too, to try and retain them. 

Another quirk is that a team can't sign another team's practice squad player to the active roster if they are playing that team in the next game.

Are either of your TEs startable in ppr FF?

Will one of them see more opportunities than the other ?

A month ago I would have said Goedert was a good bet to be a top 10 TE in fantasy because I was sure Ertz would be gone before Week 1. Now, it looks like they are going to wait and see how the first 6 games go and if they are trending as a bottom of the NFL team, they will look to move Ertz before the deadline. If they are decent and think they have hope for staying in the division hunt most of the season, they will keep him. 

So as of right now they are probably going be a two-headed TE in fantasy, which is never good, and either can be a spot start or bye week play. 

Are either of your TEs startable in ppr FF?

Will one of them see more opportunities than the other ?
It went from Goedert being potential Top 5 to both of them being week to week filler plays. They'll each have good games during the season. Good luck guessing when and which one. 

This one won't clear up unless one of them gets injured.

not football related, but i know most of you in this thread are around the philly area. news over there is gloom, hope you and your families are safe and well.
Yeah, lots of parts in the tri-state area got hit bad with floods. 

There’s video of a dumpster floating in the overflowing Schuylkill that, in typical Philly-fashion, quickly got meme’d as: “Ben Simmons leaving town” 😂

Eagles claimed Colts CB Andre Chachere off waivers. Can play all 5 DB spots, 25yo, 6’ tall. Overlapped with Gannon when with the Chargers.

Lot of reports out of Indy were surprised he got cut after making the 53 (due to Indy claiming 2 players yesterday) because he was a camp standout. 

Probably not often. The Eagles do it maybe more than other teams. Boston Scott in 2018 and then they did it 3 times last year with Ross Pierschbacher (WAS), Joe Bachie (NO), and Hakeem Butler (CAR).

Also, being claimed doesn't always mean they are gone. The player has to accept the offer from the new team. They can decide to stay with their current team on the practice squad (a Bengals player did this a few years ago), or the original team could decide to offer them a promotion to the 53, too, to try and retain them. 

Another quirk is that a team can't sign another team's practice squad player to the active roster if they are playing that team in the next game.

Eagles did this with Sudfield when the Lions or Colts tried to grab him. 

not football related, but i know most of you in this thread are around the philly area. news over there is gloom, hope you and your families are safe and well.
My dad's hometown in NJ is a few miles from Mutick, NJ where the Tornado was. It was hit hard. His Voice Mail to my mom today he sounded like he was about to cry. Whole little town no power, trees down everywhere you don't even recognize streets, roofs off houses etc. 

Don't quote me and unless this was changed under new rules but I believe they have to be on the active game day roster 6 games to accrue a season. If they are a healthy scratch for 12 games and active for 5 I don't think it counts as an accurred year. Again I could be wrong and this changed, but I remember there being a debate on this involving an Eagles player or another player on another team for FA purposes 

I had a long post here that I deleted because I don’t feel like battling this out.

Most of your recollection as to what happened is incorrect. I mentioned something in this thread once before after reading and responding to those Cam, Winston, etc. posts and a mod came in a shut it down - who actually said many others have complained to him about it.

I have not brought this up multiple other times or followed you around making accusations -maybe that was with others.

I apologized to the thread before for my implication and now I’ll apologize to you personally. It wasn’t right to bring it up in that way - although I know what I said was accurate.

Ill stay out of this thread from now on. You can be you as well.

Honestly I'm not accepting your apology because of the accusations and the fact I did ask repeatedly for proof of this and yet to get anything. Even if you wanted to PM me it you could've in private but you had nothing. Yes the mod did say some people mentioned it but I know which people it was and its mostly a group of posters who dislike me for being far too outspoken and don't like their opinions being challenged. It's a group I've had issues with since day 1 and it wasn't just you bringing it up all the time but others in the group. Seems to be a nice little click got going there. 

Accusations like this only are accessed by people who don't like the opinion someone stated. it's easier to accuse them of such behavior as many do not like to be viewed or accused that and they hope this changes said persons opinion. Well it won't work with me. Sorry if you don't agree with my opinion on the two players and not sure where else I've even stated these days. I've also stayed out both threads for awhile on both players because it seems like unless you are glad handing the players people don't accept your different opinion in there

Consider this my final reply to you on this and in general because you are on ignore. And please don't bring me up in anything either as I will consider reporting it as harassment for now on because I've had a few poster on ignore bring me up knowing I won't respond. Consider this a warning as well. 

Have a good rest of your day and life 

As to everyone else here sorry for polluting the thread with such off topic stuff but I won't tolerate my name being dragged through the mud here especially by a group of individuals who haven't liked me since day 1 and seem to hate when anyone challenges their opinion. The group made false accusations on me hoping to intimidate/bully/harass me into changing my opinion. Yes my opinion can be very strong and at times stubborn but if you are gonna make such accusations be prepared to back it up with proof and not one of the poster making said accusations have been able to proof it. Mod even said they'd be on the look out for it and I've yet to be banned for inappropriate posts for that accusation. Consider this the final post on the subject. It's just a dam shame we have posters on this board who can't accept others opinions and disagree like adults without hurling vile accusations about them. The group for the past few yrs have trolled me, tried to and have successfully baited me in the past were I''ve been suspended from here and are always trying to report my posts for something as well as passive aggressive and subtle accusations about me. 

Sorry if you disagree with me and I think I give people the respect and disagree with them pretty well on here even if my opinion on a topic is very strong. I wish poster would just give that same respect to everyone on the board. 

Yeah, lots of parts in the tri-state area got hit bad with floods. 

There’s video of a dumpster floating in the overflowing Schuylkill that, in typical Philly-fashion, quickly got meme’d as: “Ben Simmons leaving town” 😂

In typical Philly fashion saw some guy doing diving board routines off the rail of the Schuylkill expressway into the water. Seemed to be having fun but looked incredible stupid and dangerous at the same time. Had a quick laugh and said dude must be from Delco 

Eagles almost traded Dallas Goedert. I talked a little about why picking Kyle Pitts in the draft made a ton of sense for the Eagles. DG entering FA and could have a commanding salary as at least 2 TEs that DG put better numbers up near his age and class have done worse and commanded big hefty contracts. With Ertz possible not being here either Pitts on a rookie deal who can play both WR/TE and wouldn't command the high salary as WRs do was a good move for the Eagles. 

But are the Birds planning to trade another one of their tight ends? Former Eagles reporter Matt Lombardo had an interesting note in a recent FanSided column:

Eagles tight end Zach Ertz has been the subject of persistent trade rumors throughout the offseason, but as roster cuts have been made and another offseason milepost is in the rearview, it seems increasingly likely Ertz will return to the City of Brotherly Love for his ninth NFL season.

But, don’t be surprised if Eagles general manager Howie Roseman winds up moving one of Philadelphia’s other tight ends … Dallas Goedert.

Trading Goedert, the No. 49 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, and a favorite of former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson would signify a complete exorcism of the franchise’s only Super Bowl winning coach’s influence.

According to multiple league sources, Roseman discussed moving Goedert in a trade with the Vikings before Minnesota over on to acquire Chris Herndon in a deal with the Jets.

There’s a belief inside the league that if the Eagles ultimately wind up trading for Deshaun Watson, that Goedert could be a piece of the package Roseman offers the Texans for the embattled quarterback.

My Take I think the last sentence should be taken with a grain of Salt. I don't think the Eagles are in on Watson anymore since he doesn't want to come here and the Texans STILL AREN'T WILLING TO DO FAIR COMP IF WATSON Ends up eventually missing time. I think its just people giving hot takes as a sexy pick that gets clicks

Sheamus Clancy talks about the contract part of DG below 

BGN’s Shamus Clancy weighed the merits of trading Goedert earlier this year.

I’m worried about how his body is going to hold up. I’m worried about paying big money to a non-premium position when the Eagles’ cap woes extend beyond 2021 and are lacking talent almost everywhere else on the roster. If he had the same profile and played defensive end or corner or wideout or safety? I’d say he’s a keeper, but on a team that is in need of a rebuild rather than a retool, it might be best for long-term planning.

I’m not trying to kick him out the door. He’s still good! It’d take a nice offer for sure.

Hayden Hurst, who stinks and is about 1.5 years older than Goedert, got traded from Baltimore with a fourth-round pick to Atlanta for a second and fifth. I need a second-plus. A second and a third? Maybe! If not, I have no qualms keeping him and seeing how 2021 plays out. If he’s closer to Darren Waller than Mike Gesicki, then, yeah, let Howie Roseman call up his agent and work something out. If not, let him walk and likely get a fourth back for him as a comp pick in 2023. The Eagles are by no means backed into a corner here and have optionality as to how they want to handle Goedert’s future in Philly.

Users who are viewing this thread