What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 SSL 1 Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Went back and forth between QB first or WR. Thought a lot about Pittman vs Hilton and went with the veteran over the up and comer.

wise choice to go WR first since @OldMilwaukee took two WR, including Pittman just hope I drafted the best one for my team. I also thought about getting Kmet, who seemed to be a bargain left over at TE even though the plan was to go solo there.

alas all those guys gone within the next few picks.

Do any of y’all subscribe to Matthew Berry’s Rotopass? Just curious on what you find useful theee f you subscribe.

just landed in Mexico and should be able to keep up, but might run into a few delays....will do my best not to hold things up

:suds:

Kirk Cousins (6.15) Baker Mayfield (7.02) - should be able to cobble together a solid score weekly with these two. Considered higher upside guys at 7.02 but went with the known. 

Josh Jacobs (2.15) Chris Carson (3.02) - not real comfortable with these 2. Will need to find a gem or two later

Courtland Sutton (4.15) DJ Chark (5.02) - I like the pair on paper, but lots of unknowns with both.

Travis Kelce (1.02) - 2 ppr and felt need to grab the top TE
Added:

8.15 Jeff Wilson - I'm thinking the Sermon hype is a little premature. Wilson should still see plenty of touches in a variety of ways. 

9.02 Curtis Samuel - would be nice to see Fitz bring out some consistency in this kid. Really wanted DeVante here tho. 

10.15 Breshad Perriman - what poor group of receivers the Lions have. Someone has to catch some of the throws. 

11.02 Blake Jarwin -  a target for me in leagues. Was really developing before injury. Plus he was one of last TEs I felt had a chance of being fantasy relevant. 

@-OZ- nabbed the first PK at the top of the 11th round by taking Tucker. Being on the turn, I knew that a kicker run would be imminent and wanted a solid guy that I expected to be there all season. Thought about a couple, but went with Lutz because of his early bye and as a Saints fan that doesn't see the offense scoring as many touchdowns this season. Grabbing one at the top of my list with an early bye provides the potential of going solo at a rather low scoring position that has so much turnover that it is risky.

Drafted J. Reynold at 11.15 to add bye week diversity in my WRs and I think that he builds on his production from a year ago and Tennessee finds that he is as productive as C. Davis at a reduced cost.

rzrback77 said:
@-OZ- nabbed the first PK at the top of the 11th round by taking Tucker. Being on the turn, I knew that a kicker run would be imminent and wanted a solid guy that I expected to be there all season. Thought about a couple, but went with Lutz because of his early bye and as a Saints fan that doesn't see the offense scoring as many touchdowns this season. Grabbing one at the top of my list with an early bye provides the potential of going solo at a rather low scoring position that has so much turnover that it is risky.

Drafted J. Reynold at 11.15 to add bye week diversity in my WRs and I think that he builds on his production from a year ago and Tennessee finds that he is as productive as C. Davis at a reduced cost.

Maggot Brain said:
I agree....was hoping he fell to me.
Thirded. 

Thought he'd be more likely to drop than a quality kicker. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traveling all day today, if it makes it to the bottom of the round, I will make a pick later tonight.

Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB 

16 team, best ball, I'm always taking him or Allen in the early 3rd. 

McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB 

Montgomery, David CHI RB

CMC was an easy pick although Kelce would have worked fine here too. I like Monty, especially with the QB upgrade (either one, imo) 

Claypool, Chase PIT WR

Golladay, Kenny NYG WR

Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR 

Hoping for a certain HOF QB to get dealt, but even if not I think JJ will have a nice sophomore year. Claypool could be the best overall wr in Pittsburgh but I like him a lot more in best ball than in regular format. I'm not real sure what to expect from golladay, he's the one pick I kinda regret. 

Smith Jr., Irv MIN TE

It seems I always either go TE early or I wait too long. Here's hoping for the best. Irv has good upside. 
Next picks:

8.16 Ertz, Zach PHI TE    

I fully expect ertz to be traded. If not, he's probably still adequate value here in a rebound year. 

9.01    Parker, DeVante MIA WR    

More competition for targets and tua isn't Fitz, but at this point I'll take him as my wr4.  Bye weeks line up well.

Considered taking my qb2 at this turn but thought one of my multiple targets would fall. I was wrong.

10.16    Murray, Latavius NOS RB   

The saints offense is going to look a lot different going forward, but Murray is still among the best #2 backs and a fair rb3. 

11.01    Tucker, Justin BAL PK   

Top kicker on my board, figured a run was coming.  

Considered Mike williams and mattison here.

12.16    FootballTeam, Washington WAS Def    

Taking a top defense allows you to go with one, as you're not concerned with missing games due to injury. WTF was a good defense last year and they got better. A small factor, none of my other players share a week 9 bye (that changed with a later pick)

13.01   Marshall, Terrace CAR WR 

Pure upside play with my wr5.  There's a fair chance he remains the 4th receiving target for a bad QB, but he could also score many touchdowns. I actually had two different players in mind here but took the chance they'd fall, and it was too early for them right now (could change before August). Considered Gabriel Davis but the bye works better here.

14.16    Love, Jordan GBP QB    

After I missed out on my qb2 targets twice (a few at the 9/10 turn and Mac Jones at the 12) and the drama with Rodgers not being solved yet, I figured this was a good time to take the lottery ticket. Could be a total waste of a pick, could be a nice qb2. 

15.01   Howard, O.J. TBB TE

If he's going this late or later, OJ will continue to be on many of my teams in bb. He's probably the 4th or 5th target in Tampa for now, but I fully expect him to be back and even with gronk and 3 very good WRs, OJ will be on the field plenty. 

Didn't really consider other choices here but a kicker and Watkins would have been next on my list.

Added:

8.15 Jeff Wilson - I'm thinking the Sermon hype is a little premature. Wilson should still see plenty of touches in a variety of ways. 

9.02 Curtis Samuel - would be nice to see Fitz bring out some consistency in this kid. Really wanted DeVante here tho. 

10.15 Breshad Perriman - what poor group of receivers the Lions have. Someone has to catch some of the throws. 

11.02 Blake Jarwin -  a target for me in leagues. Was really developing before injury. Plus he was one of last TEs I felt had a chance of being fantasy relevant. 
12.15 Philip Lindsey - hoping his heart and grit can win him a role, because he will produce if he gets on the field

13.02 Greg Zuerlein - big leg, in a dome, high scoring offense

14.15 Russell Gage - Pitts is going to get his plus a big cut of Julios targets, but there is still some left for Gage even after Calvin gets his bump. 

15.02 NE Patriots - rarely do I regret taking a Belichek defense, barring massive injuries, average is absolute floor

bro1ncos said:
12.15 Philip Lindsey - hoping his heart and grit can win him a role, because he will produce if he gets on the field

13.02 Greg Zuerlein - big leg, in a dome, high scoring offense

14.15 Russell Gage - Pitts is going to get his plus a big cut of Julios targets, but there is still some left for Gage even after Calvin gets his bump. 

15.02 NE Patriots - rarely do I regret taking a Belichek defense, barring massive injuries, average is absolute floor
Gage will continue to be a target of mine, you sniper! 

1.13  Swift, DeAndre RB DET - Really considered Waller/Kittle/Ekeler here but decided on Swift.  At this point in the 1st round he and Ekeler were the only RB's I was willing to take over the 2 stud TEs.  I believe Lynn and Staley maximize his value this year, although Jamaal Williams' role is somewhat of a concern.  I was considerably more confident in the pick at draft time than I am now...we'll see, I guess.

2.04 Metcalf, D.K. WR SEA - I targeted Hopkins, D.K. and Thomas with this pick.  Nuk went just  before, so I took Metcalf over Thomas because of the more stable QB situation.   Also, even with the breakout year he had, Lockett still had more looks on the season....I think this changes in 2021.

3.13 Woods, Robert WR LAR - I honestly don't see how he doesn't produce better with the QB upgrade from Goff to Stafford.  Was holding out hope that Allen Robinson fell here, but @BusMansnagged him 3 picks earlier.  Another choice was McLaurin, but wk 9 byes for my top 2 receivers would have been an issue. In hindsight, I believe I would have still taken McLaurin if Woods were gone,  since he was the last guy I had in that particular tier.

4.04 Davis, Mike RB ATL - He impressed last year with Carolina and ATL didn't address the RB position until the 6th round.  He was the  last player in my RB2 tier.  I would have gone Lamar here if Davis were gone....and Lamar went next :).

5.13 Herbert, Justin QB LAC - Unsure about this one.  I definitely would have waited on QB had he not been here.  Young QBs and new OCs/systems/terminology is usually NOT a good mix.  Despite that, he's a smart kid and definitely handled the moment well last year.   

6.04 Cook, Jared Cook LAC TE - Goedert at this spot was serious wishful thinking here, but he went just 3 spots prior to @OldMilwaukee  2pt TE PPR leagues can be treacherous with astute drafters. My original plan was to stack Stafford with Woods here.  Hunter Henry's exit leaves plenty of targets at the position and Cook was signed to catch.

7.13 Davis, Corey NYJ WR - @Norseman sniped Jarvis Landry from me at 7.12.   Still pissed off.

8.04 Carter, Michael NYJ RB - Really liked him here.  They are using the same scheme he ran from in high school and college.  No major obstacles on the depth chart.  One of my 'plant your flag' guys this year. And Adam Gase is gone.

9.13 Darnold, Sam CAR QB - Last guy I considered for my QB2 after @Norseman sniped me again with Jameis.

10.04 Troutman, Adam NOS TE - Another 'plant your flag' guy for me.  I love his situation.  NO has a lot of targets to replace minus Cook and Sanders.  His catch percentage was outstanding his rookie year.

11.13 Mattison, Alexander MIN RB - Tough choice for me here between Mattison and Josh Reynolds.  Went with Mattison believing Reynolds' chances of being there  7 spots later with my next draft pick were better.  I was wrong and @rzrback77snagged him.  I REALLY like Reynolds' chances of greatly outperforming  his ADP.  

12.04 Agholor, Nelson NEP WR - Don't know about this one....I guess he's New England's tentative WR1 unless Julio gets there.

13.13 Moore, Rondale ARZ WR -  Too short to work anywhere but the slot, but Arizona looks to be passing a ton this year.  I think they'll scheme plenty of screens and short passes to him.

14.04 Cleveland Browns - Miles Garrett with a healthy Clowney hopefully leads to plenty of sacks/turnovers.  They also really improved their secondary.

15.13 Boswell, Chris PIT PK
16.04 Slye, Joey CAR PK - I should have gone with Arizona DT here.  Using the same rationale as my Cleveland DT pick, the JJ Watt/Chandler Jones duo could potentially wreck some offensive lines this year.  Dumb move to pick Slye here simply to not have to sweat a 2nd PK.

Kyler Murray    4.01    QB3    QB5 Last year.   Could improve, could decline.    Betting on an improvement.

Matt Jones 12.01  QB31   Should be starting by mid-season.  I hope.   

Cam Akers 1.16 RB10   Higher than most on him.   Was between him, Ekeler and Jones.    Scared off by Ekeler injury history.   I’ll take the stouter back.

Aaron Jones 2.01 RB11   Upon further examination, I’ll grab Jones as well.  Not going to let last years RB3 get by me.   Rodgers will be there!

Trey Serman 8.01 RB35   I’ll reach for a player, that a run first team traded up for.   This man has the ideal RB build IMO. 

Salvon Amhed 17.16 RB61   I think he pushes Gaskins with a full off-season in the new system.

Chris Goodwin 3.16 WR 17   Regret this one.   Should have went with Lockett.

Tee Higgins 5.16 WR33   Feel like this is  a safe pick.   Which one of the Bengals WR will be the top dog on that team though?

Cole Beasley   7.16 WR 43 Finished WR 27 last year.   Did something change?

Micheal Pittman 9.16 WR52   Should benefit from a full off season.   I expect him to take over Hilton’s job this year as the deep threat.

Mecole Hardman 10.01 WR53.   Improved every year.   Slides into Watkins role on a high-octane offense.

Hunter Renfrow 18.1 WR89   Was WR52 last year.  Had four weeks with double digit scores.   Hoping for the same.

Dallas Goedert 6.01 TE10    Becomes the man if Ertz leaves.  

Dalton Schultz 11.16 TE29   Was TE 11 last year in this format.   Jarwin’s not going to relegate him to the bench IMO.

Dan Arnold 16.01 TE34.   TE21 last year.    Losing confidence that Ertz leaves.   Better grab another TE.

Steelers 13.16 DST4   No2 last year?

49’s 14.01 DST5                Back to full health?        

Jake Elliot PK21     Have one who’s contract should keep him employed.

Stafford / Lance

Chubb / Edmonds / DHarris

Cooper / Cooks

Andrews / JSmith

Added since: John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith, Gio Bernard, Ryan Succop, Colts, Parkey, Cardinals, Jordan Palmer, Amari Rodgers

Due to the starting lineup req's of this League (1/2/3/1 - no flex) the middle rounds of this Draft always remind me of the soft, creamy middle of an Oreo cookie - it's where some of the most interesting Roster build decisions take place.

Whether I took Damien Harris or Kenyan Drake in the 8th Round, the decision to go RB3 there pretty much committed me to a WR3BC approach. Thought Pittman would fall to me at 10.06, didn't really think there'd be much interest in Brown, who was the target at 11.11, but reached to get my guy once Pittman was off the board. Brown is a guy that I think has tremendous upside in 2021. He's more complete than Agholor, and until proven otherwise, is more complete than Ruggs. Yes, the risk is there that he gets banged up and misses time, but if he doesn't, he's the odds-on favorite to be the Raider WR1, with a high-teens/low-20's ceiling, IMHO. That's great value in the 10th rd.

I missed another target when Mike Williams went in the early 11th, but got the next guy on my list in Tre'Quan Smith, who I think has a great 2021 opp in NO. It would be about time. No Emmanuel Sanders. No Jared Cook (although I really like Trautman), no WR competition (although passing O flows through Kamara/Thomas), QB shuffle could be a +/-. Kid has talent, will have every opp to show it.  In hindsight, I should have let him fall to 12.06 and selected Josh Reynolds at 11.11. Didn't realize there were so many others bullish on Reynolds. Pittman/JBrown/MWilliams/Reynolds would have been a sweet committee, for sure. Probably wishful thinking at this point in a 16 Team serpentine populated by savvy drafters. Instead, I got 2 guys I like, but still need 1-2 more, and the pickings are getting slim.

Gio Bernard was a must-have for me as RB4, and having lost out on Pittman, Williams and Reynolds, I didn't care about reaching, as I'm still second-guessing taking Harris over Drake. I can't wait to see Bernard in TB, even with the Fournette/RoJo tandem taking up oxygen. I've been smitten with Bernard since he entered the League, and pined for him to be elsewhere than Cinci. Bummed when he re-upped there. When Jay Gruden took the helm for the WFTskins, I hoped he'd follow and get a feature opp. Has demonstrated feature back chops when given opps, but starting to get a little long in the tooth, maybe. I think Bernard endears himself to Brady, and will make it difficult to keep him off the field, but are there enough balls to go around? Firmly in 'James White incarnate' camp, PPR Special, for sure. There's a path to 50+ catches, if things break right. I hope. Maybe even more of a role - I don't think Fournette/RoJo are any more/less talented than Bernard, and Bernard is a fighter.

So at this point, I have 2QB/4RB/4WR/2TE. I've gotten past being disgruntled about DHarris vs Drake, but my WR additions aren't exactly thrilling me, and I only have 4. Surprisingly, I'm managing bye weeks, somewhat unintentionally, better than I could have imagined: QB 11/6, RB 13/12/14/9, WR 6/7/8/10, TE 8/14 - 2/1/2/1/1/1/1/1/2

Next 4 Picks: Bucs PK and Colts D, Browns PK and Cardinals D, in that order Rds 13, 14, 15, 16.

Got  Succop and Colts as PK9 and D/ST8, two semi-premium options right in the middle of the runs, which is my ideal scenario. Not a single RB/WR/TE taken between 13.11 and 15.11 that I regretted missing out on, so dipped into PK again with Parkey. Surprised to see him still available. Same w Cardinals when it got back to me at 16.06, and I pulled the trigger before thinking about a 20 pick break ahead, only 2 rounds to go, and a relatively bare WR cupboard remaining, with 1 juicy cupcake I'd been saving for the right moment...

...and at 17.04 BSS snagged the guy I'd been sitting on for almost 80 picks: Van Jefferson, and his key bye week/11 for my build. He was the last relevant Rams/Broncos(with Lock) WR, and I passed on him in the late 16th for a 2nd D/ST. Super critical oversight on my part, on multiple levels. Wanted the pairing with Stafford, too.

Now I HAVE to go WR/WR, and the best available option was Rookies with upside. Jordan Palmer and Amari Rodgers round out the group. Good draft capital, Herbert and likely Rodgers at QB, solid passing offenses, relatively clear path to relevance. There were a couple of other names I considered, but won't say anything about them until this puppy wraps up.

Good luck, all!

Next picks:

8.16 Ertz, Zach PHI TE    

I fully expect ertz to be traded. If not, he's probably still adequate value here in a rebound year. 

9.01    Parker, DeVante MIA WR    

More competition for targets and tua isn't Fitz, but at this point I'll take him as my wr4.  Bye weeks line up well.

Considered taking my qb2 at this turn but thought one of my multiple targets would fall. I was wrong.

10.16    Murray, Latavius NOS RB   

The saints offense is going to look a lot different going forward, but Murray is still among the best #2 backs and a fair rb3. 

11.01    Tucker, Justin BAL PK   

Top kicker on my board, figured a run was coming.  

Considered Mike williams and mattison here.

12.16    FootballTeam, Washington WAS Def    

Taking a top defense allows you to go with one, as you're not concerned with missing games due to injury. WTF was a good defense last year and they got better. A small factor, none of my other players share a week 9 bye (that changed with a later pick)

13.01   Marshall, Terrace CAR WR 

Pure upside play with my wr5.  There's a fair chance he remains the 4th receiving target for a bad QB, but he could also score many touchdowns. I actually had two different players in mind here but took the chance they'd fall, and it was too early for them right now (could change before August). Considered Gabriel Davis but the bye works better here.

14.16    Love, Jordan GBP QB    

After I missed out on my qb2 targets twice (a few at the 9/10 turn and Mac Jones at the 12) and the drama with Rodgers not being solved yet, I figured this was a good time to take the lottery ticket. Could be a total waste of a pick, could be a nice qb2. 

15.01   Howard, O.J. TBB TE

If he's going this late or later, OJ will continue to be on many of my teams in bb. He's probably the 4th or 5th target in Tampa for now, but I fully expect him to be back and even with gronk and 3 very good WRs, OJ will be on the field plenty. 

Didn't really consider other choices here but a kicker and Watkins would have been next on my list.
16.16   Gano, Graham NYG PK    
17.01   Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def    

Gano should have a job, and I think the Dallas defense will get a nice upgrade with their rookie LBs. 

18.16    288    OZ    Henne, Chad KCC QB

Mr irrelevant, probably totally irrelevant. But if mahomes missed time Chad might keep the team alive until pat returns. There was nobody else who I thought could save my 🥓. Considered Mack as going with 3RBs might be rough. But going with Love and an injured mahomes would be tougher. Should have taken a qb2 earlier.

I am still on the road, so will hopefully have time this weekend to follow up.

even though we drafted well after the draft and free agency and even after the schedule was released, all the dominoes have not yet fallen. Where Rodgers goes, if he leaves GB and where Julio Jones lands could and likely will have a significant impact on a few teams in our leagues.

I was surprised by the number of QBs drafted overall, but particularly late. I get that it is a high scoring position and I see the bonus for Lock, if Rodgers doesn’t go to Denver AND he beats out Bridgewater. I see Newton possibly playing most or all of the season, but what are the chances that players like KC back-up, Henne or Dalton play significant roles. Lots of risk here and a few other QBs when there were only 18 roster spots for 9 required scores.

going to be interesting to see this ply out.

11.14 - Darrell Henderson LAR RB53 [11]
12.03 - Kenneth Gainwell PHI RB54 [14]

If we could embed pictures in our posts, this is where I'd drop the "Spider-Man pointing at himself" meme: two undersized, freakishly athletic, wildly productive Memphis RBs with role-player-plus skillsets, in offenses likely to be trending up, behind lead backs who have so far proven solid but not elite. Hopefully the Wonder Twins can give me something resembling top-30 scoring as a best-ball combo.

13.14 - Jason Sanders MIA PK11 [14]
Above-average kicker with ironclad job security. Since I usually roll solo at PK the week 14 bye is a bummer, but more about that later.

14.03 - Parris Campbell IND WR77 [14]
A ton of WRs have flown off the board since my Gainwell pick two rounds ago. In retrospect, I should've taken Mims or Elijah Moore with my 12th-rounder and RB here - for all I know I could've still had Gainwell. Regardless, Campbell should get plenty of snaps, the Colts' offense should be average at worst, and downfield prowess like his always plays in best-ball.

15.14 - Kadarius Toney NYG WR82 [6]
He was my second choice two rounds ago and I'll need a WR6 at some point anyway so, well, here we are. I didn't love his profile or the offense / QB he finds himself with ... but NFL draft position is still the single best predictor of NFL production, so anyone who went top-20 is well worth a swing with a pick in the 200s IMO.

17.14 - Chuba Hubbard (R) CAR RB62 [13]
The 1-PK build gives me one extra roster spot to play with. TE3 is usually my go-to but I gotta put some more lipstick on this RB stable of pigs. It's possible Hubbard doesn't see more than 10% of snaps all season, but we've seen what guys with a little talent can do with this offense and OL when C-Mac goes down, so who knows?

16.03 - Saints NO DST14 [6]
18.03 - Bengals CIN DST29 [10]

DSTs don't score a ton in this format, but what scoring they do tends to be unpredictable and wildly variable. Statistically, this argues for taking two but not spending much draft capital on them. It's been my go-to approach for years - no need to switch up now.

Jalen Hurts PHI QB11 [14]
Trevor Lawrence (R) JAX QB19 [7]

Travis Etienne (R) JAX RB23 [7]
Nyheim Hines IND RB43 [14]
Darrell Henderson LAR RB53 [11]
Kenneth Gainwell (R) PHI RB54 [14]
Chuba Hubbard (R) CAR RB62 [13]

DeAndre Hopkins AZ WR4 [12]
Terry McLaurin WAS WR15 [9]
Brandon Aiyuk SF WR32 [6]
Antonio Brown TB WR44 [9]
Parris Campbell IND WR77 [14]
Kadarius Toney (R) NYG WR82 [6]

George Kittle SF TE2 [6]
Cole Kmet CHI TE22 [10]

Jason Sanders MIA PK11 [14]
Saints NO DST14 [6]
Bengals CIN DST29 [10]

Pros: WR is the highest-scoring position in the SLs, and I have one of the best groups of those - two probable fantasy WR1s, a WR2 with upside, a very reliable WR3, and two best-ball bonus tracks. So I've got that goin' for me, which is nice. TE should also be top-shelf with one bona fide stud and one up-and-comer. QB offers big-time rushing upside, which while not as important with 6-pt pass TDs can still add 3-5ppg on average. A lot of my picks' teams have a lot of 2020 touches up for grabs. My roster can beat your roster in a 16x40-yard dash relay.

Cons: None that I can really see ... lol j/k where do I start? My QBs have four NFL starts between them, playing behind OLs that are either aging or just plain bad. I was one of only three teams to go 5-deep at RB, but I'm definitely the only one with 5 guys who may not even get a majority of their own team's snaps. All those touches I mentioned above are up for grabs in large part because the offenses in question were hot garbage in 2020. Finally, the abundance of Week 14 byes is going to pose a problem for me if I make it that far, however (a) the odds are good that I won't; and (b) by December everyone will be down major portions of their rosters anyway, so bye weeks will be relatively less important. That's the theory, at least.

I may be hallucinating but didn't @BassNBrew recently snap his streak of never going out in Week 1? Maybe that leaves me with the longest active streak as I've done 30+ SL drafts without catching that bullet. If that streak is ever gonna end, you're looking at the team that will make it happen. Even if not, this looks like the sort of squad where a few young guys grow into their roles, become key fantasy contributors later in the season, and my team finishes top-5 in points scored for the year in an entirely wasted effort because I went out in Week 3 or whatever.

Best of luck to the whole  :gang2: .

rzrback77 said:
I was surprised by the number of QBs drafted overall, but particularly late. I get that it is a high scoring position and I see the bonus for Lock, if Rodgers doesn’t go to Denver AND he beats out Bridgewater. I see Newton possibly playing most or all of the season, but what are the chances that players like KC back-up, Henne or Dalton play significant roles. Lots of risk here and a few other QBs when there were only 18 roster spots for 9 required scores.

Dalton was my 18th round so no real investment there...and he ended up my QB2 so I didn't burn a spot on a 3rd QB. I missed out on the QB2s I liked and thought about going solo. 

Besides Dalton, I sniffed around some backup RBs, WRs like MVS or Bourne or TE Knox. But gambled on some rumors that Nagy likes the Alex Smith/Mahomes plan, starting Dalton and letting Fields sit for a year. Josh Allen has a W7 bye, so maybe Dalton lasts until then or until Chicago's bye week. Felt Dalton was a bigger potential reward than my other options. And if the #286 pick doesn't pan out, oh well.  :yawn:

rzrback77 said:

I'd put the odds of Henne making a difference for me as higher than the RB I would have drafted there. (Probably Mack). both are unlikely, but I'd almost guarantee Henne will matter if Mahomes misses time. When I waited too long on QB and missed having a decent backup. Henne became a must have. Now, I could have been better off not taking Love, and just rolling with KC. we'll see on that one.

Team BSS and some thoughts.

QB - Matt Ryan, Ryan Tannehill.

Two guys who scored over 400 points in this format last season, the Julio thing is a concern, but he gets a new toy in Kyle Pitts. Should have a solid nice score here every week.

RB - Zeke, A.Gibson, Mostert, Tony Pollard

Real strength of the team here, as Zeke and A.Gibson is a real nice 1-2 punch, Looks like SF just lost a RB behind Mostert (J.Wilson) and rookie Sermon is all that is on the roster, I expect a 60/40 split at worst in Mosterts favor. Tony Pollard was a must have if Zeke misses time IMO.

WR  - Keenan Allen, Odell Beckham Jr. 

Two very nice top 2 options, Odell has to show up in Cleveland finally, I mean they went to the playoffs and won without him, him and Baker seemed off, but I think that coaching staff gets it right this year

WR- Henry Ruggs - Elijah Moore. Van Jefferson, and Quintez Cephus

Took a shotgun approach here, but I expect Ruggs to have some big games, really perfect for this format. Van Jefferson could be sneaky in LA with Stafford and 3 WR sets, or if Kupp/Woods miss time. Elijah Moore- who knows rookie with upside. and Cephus was a shot in the dark. Lots of upside here, could also snag some zeros. 

TE- Eric Ebron and Austin Hooper

Nothing to brag about here, hoping to just get enough points here to survive week to week. 

K - Blankenship & Crosby

DEF - Baltimore - Chicago

Solid grouping of K &D 

Overall - maybe should of gone TE or WR over Mostert. But overall I think I have a good shot at making a run.

OldMilwaukee said:
Enjoy your thoughts!

Curious on the above @nittanylion
Kendrick Bourne, for one. He signed for starter $ with the Pats, and that WR room is all but empty. He looks to me like the Pats uncontested WR 1/2. Was impressed with Agholor last year in LV, and good for him, he earned himself a nice contract, but if Cam starts, not sure it's a good fit, and if Mac starts, I'm not sure what to think, yet. Right now, IMHO, the Pats passing game looks to me like it will generate a lot of short passing to White, the TE's and Bourne, no matter who the QB is, and while Agholor stretches the field, Bourne could lead the Team in WR targets. It seems strange to me he didn't wind up someone's WR 5/6 compared to some who were rostered. I guess there's not much projected upside. I mean, I took Palmer/Rodgers with him available, but given Cooper/Cooks/JBrown/TQSmith, I was looking for boom guys...regardless of QB, I think it behooves the Packers organization to get Amari Rodgers as involved in the offense as he's capable of being, asap. Palmer could be good enough to supplant Mike Williams starting across from KAllen. Like TQSmith, he'd still be behind at least 2 guys (Allen/Ekeler) in the pecking order (maybe 3 - Cook), but that's a high volume passing game with a competent QB, so I felt justified leaving Bourne for those 2.

MV-S was mentioned above. If Rodgers is in GB, he's the other starting outside WR almost by default, and it's reasonable to assume his concentration could improve. Knox was mentioned above as well. The Bills did nothing to threaten him as the starting TE, ESanders more or less is this year's Beasley, and Knox flashed improvement last year, and this is TE premium...not sure how in a 16-Team best ball he isn't someone's TE2/3 as there's at least some upside to be had there? If I'd taken Van Jefferson when I should have, I may have gone with Knox at TE3 instead of grabbing a WR6.

Do any of y’all subscribe to Matthew Berry’s Rotopass? Just curious on what you find useful theee f you subscribe.
Yes, It saves you a fair amount of money. Besides Football Guys I really like the subscriptions to Rotoviz and Rosterwatch. Rotoviz for their waivers of the future section and Rosterwatch for the draft day cheat sheets, their weekly waiver wire cheat sheet and their DFS tool.

Ref breakdown ......on the beach Mexico iPad version..

PLAYER2020 PTSBYE

Prescott, Dak DAL QB (Q)182.207

Wentz, Carson IND QB284.6014

should be fine here....Dak should go big.....Wentz bounce back on a good team and reunited with Reich could be money....Wentz could score here often.....should hold my own at QB

Drake, Kenyan LVR RB194.208

Edwards, Gus BAL RB130.208

Harris, Najee PIT RB (R) ‐ 7

White, James NEP RB116.6014

Need Harris to carry all the mail in PIT and he might....love Gus this year just have a feeling.....even with Dobbins....Gruden loves him some Drake....I’ll bite....White will post a score most weeks that might count.....need to stay healthy here but pretty much committed to this being a weak spot.....I’m a couple of injuries/role changes away from this being a strength....

Brown, A.J. TEN WR (Q)243.5013

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR328.9012

Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR211.707

Mooney, Darnell CHI WR150.1010

Robinson, Demarcus KCC WR109.6012

Sanders, Emmanuel BUF WR164.807

hmmmmm.......yeah I’m happy.....if Drob goes 1000/10 like he says he wants to and is the man.....money....love me some Lamb this year.....not a huge fan of CHI wr’s but I’ll bite on a Mooney breakout....Sanders might be a little undervalued right now...

Everett, Gerald SEA TE135.909

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE170.2011

If I am wrong about Higbee it will cost me a bunch this year.....Everett should have no problem filling the role they PAID him to fill...

Fairbairn, Ka'imi HOU PK118.0010

Hopkins, Dustin WAS PK111.009

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def71.007

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def107.009

hate taking two especially when DST scores like crap.... but sometimes you need every point to advance.....PK usually always post some points...if Hopkins gets 5 but Fairbairn gets 12.......it can be the difference

havent had a ton of time to take a look overall at all the rosters....but I’m ok with what I did here with a little distraction mixed in....will maybe comment more when back in the states.....but I think I got a shot here if RB plays out.....salu :suds: :suds:  

yeah I think Julio helps Tanne, and obviously hurts Ryan, but the ATL d still sux and he has Calvin and the greatest TE prospect ever in Pitts. so......
I agree that Ryan is being sold short due to the loss of Julio Jones, but he has been a consistent producer and still has solid weapons. For him to be ranked as low as he has been seems incorrect.

I agree that Ryan is being sold short due to the loss of Julio Jones, but he has been a consistent producer and still has solid weapons. For him to be ranked as low as he has been seems incorrect.
Yep. Ryan could be a value add. Ridley, Gage, and Pitts aren't a horrible group. Their backs could be improved, and the falcons are in the running for the top pick, but that doesn't necessarily hurt Ryan. Especially in best ball.

Team BSS and some thoughts.

QB - Matt Ryan, Ryan Tannehill.

Two guys who scored over 400 points in this format last season, the Julio thing is a concern, but he gets a new toy in Kyle Pitts. Should have a solid nice score here every week.

RB - Zeke, A.Gibson, Mostert, Tony Pollard

Real strength of the team here, as Zeke and A.Gibson is a real nice 1-2 punch, Looks like SF just lost a RB behind Mostert (J.Wilson) and rookie Sermon is all that is on the roster, I expect a 60/40 split at worst in Mosterts favor. Tony Pollard was a must have if Zeke misses time IMO.

WR  - Keenan Allen, Odell Beckham Jr. 

Two very nice top 2 options, Odell has to show up in Cleveland finally, I mean they went to the playoffs and won without him, him and Baker seemed off, but I think that coaching staff gets it right this year

WR- Henry Ruggs - Elijah Moore. Van Jefferson, and Quintez Cephus

Took a shotgun approach here, but I expect Ruggs to have some big games, really perfect for this format. Van Jefferson could be sneaky in LA with Stafford and 3 WR sets, or if Kupp/Woods miss time. Elijah Moore- who knows rookie with upside. and Cephus was a shot in the dark. Lots of upside here, could also snag some zeros. 

TE- Eric Ebron and Austin Hooper

Nothing to brag about here, hoping to just get enough points here to survive week to week. 

K - Blankenship & Crosby

DEF - Baltimore - Chicago

Solid grouping of K &D 

Overall - maybe should of gone TE or WR over Mostert. But overall I think I have a good shot at making a run.

that Elijah Moore pick is looking like I might have something? took him at 1.10 in dyno rookie draft and was very happy

Users who are viewing this thread