What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Sixers have any funds (or the ability to create room) to sign Demarcus Cousins? A few articles out there today about interest and fit.

They are already at 16 players and have to cut someone. They would have to cut 2 people to bring him in. Assuming he would take the minimum, they could do it, but seems like it would be a waste of time for the sixers. They need to be giving Bassey and Reed more time (not that doc wouldn't love to have another veteran he can jam in there).

I don't remember if anyone posted about it, but Jayson Tatum came out and said he went through the playoffs playing with a broken wrist and re-aggravated it in the Bucks series. Had to get cortisone shots to deal with the pain. Maybe that impacted his play, maybe it didn't. But his efficiency certainly dipped (and his turnovers went up) the further Boston progressed in the post-season.

I have a hard time trying to evaluate something like this. It wasn't so bad that he couldn't play. And the Celtics couldn't afford for him to sit. Also hard to tell how serious a break it was. He said a piece of bone chipped off. Wore a brace everyday for months including shootarounds but never when there were cameras or media present. Does this change people's opinion of Tatum any?

I don't remember if anyone posted about it, but Jayson Tatum came out and said he went through the playoffs playing with a broken wrist and re-aggravated it in the Bucks series. Had to get cortisone shots to deal with the pain. Maybe that impacted his play, maybe it didn't. But his efficiency certainly dipped (and his turnovers went up) the further Boston progressed in the post-season.

I have a hard time trying to evaluate something like this. It wasn't so bad that he couldn't play. And the Celtics couldn't afford for him to sit. Also hard to tell how serious a break it was. He said a piece of bone chipped off. Wore a brace everyday for months including shootarounds but never when there were cameras or media present. Does this change people's opinion of Tatum any?
Broken wrist, but looked like he was tased with a cattle prod anytime he got nudged near his shoulder.

THT isn't bringing back a Superstar?!?!?!?!?!?! 😲 :shock: 🤯

The Lakers are in advanced talks to acquire PG Patrick Beverley from the Jazz for Talen Horton-Tucker and Stanley Johnson, per Woj.​

So instead of getting Kyrie Irving, the Lakers are now looking at pairing Westbrook and Beverley together, which is hilarious. Beverley and Russ are legendary rivals and Beverley is responsible for some of Westbrook's knee damage. Maybe this is the move that will finally free the Lakers of Westbrook, but don't hold your breath. Teaming Westy and PBev together would give the Lakers some leverage in competing with the KD/Kyrie/Simmons drama in Brooklyn for a soap opera Emmy. And if they stay in L.A. together, both of their values will take a hit. Stay tuned.

Tatum is a long-term perennial all-star who works on his game in the off-season, plays hard on both ends, rebounds and stays out of trouble. Guys around the league talk him up and he stood out on team USA. He is likely to avg 25/8/5 for the next several years.

Anyone talking him down are just rabid anti-Bostonites.

THT isn't bringing back a Superstar?!?!?!?!?!?! 😲 :shock: 🤯

The Lakers are in advanced talks to acquire PG Patrick Beverley from the Jazz for Talen Horton-Tucker and Stanley Johnson, per Woj.​

So instead of getting Kyrie Irving, the Lakers are now looking at pairing Westbrook and Beverley together, which is hilarious. Beverley and Russ are legendary rivals and Beverley is responsible for some of Westbrook's knee damage. Maybe this is the move that will finally free the Lakers of Westbrook, but don't hold your breath. Teaming Westy and PBev together would give the Lakers some leverage in competing with the KD/Kyrie/Simmons drama in Brooklyn for a soap opera Emmy. And if they stay in L.A. together, both of their values will take a hit. Stay tuned.
Can’t imagine Lakers do this deal without also being close on a Westbrook deal (hoping for the Pacers deal).

Also guessing this means Lakers aren’t getting involved in a Mitchell to the Knicks deal that I’ve been seeing some rumors of.

This is the first good move the Lakers have made in, um, a long time (Beverley and Westbrook issues aside). When's the last time they actually got a good rotation player who can both defend and play defense whose overall attitude will fit it with Lebron and AD? And they still have their two picks they can try to move with WB to get........something.

I like this move for the Lakers, and like Mama said above, hopefully it means they’re close on a Westbrook deal. If not, might as well sign Delonte West and bring in the reality TV cameras.

Tatum is a long-term perennial all-star who works on his game in the off-season, plays hard on both ends, rebounds and stays out of trouble. Guys around the league talk him up and he stood out on team USA. He is likely to avg 25/8/5 for the next several years.

I thought it sounded like an excuse. I'm not anti-Boston and in fact I was rooting hard for them to beat the Warriors.

I thought it sounded like an excuse. I'm not anti-Boston and in fact I was rooting hard for them to beat the Warriors.
Until the Finals, he hadn't shrunk back or looked bad at all. I know Wiggins plays good defense, but he's not Dennis Rodman or Gary Payton out there. Tatum had handled everything anyone threw at him until the last series.

The late, great @wikkidpissah was fairly certain that after the Finals we would hear about an injury, although wikkid thought it was his shoulder.

Holy **** Chet out for the season
What we all feared. Stick men and fatties don't seem to hold up to the NBA game, it is just too physically demanding. Courts are bigger, the pace is faster and the opponents are bigger/faster/stronger.
But it's his foot. Seems more like a fluke than a "can't hold up against bigger men" type of thing.

Last edited:
What we all feared. Stick men and fatties don't seem to hold up to the NBA game, it is just too physically demanding. Courts are bigger, the pace is faster and the opponents are bigger/faster/stronger.
But it's his foot. Seems more like a fluke than a "can't hold up against bigger men" type of thing.
And it happened at a pro-am.

I just saw the replay of when it happened. Was against LeBron but had nothing to do with size or muscle. Just an untouched jump where he landed wrong.

I just saw the replay of when it happened. Was against LeBron but had nothing to do with size or muscle. Just an untouched jump where he landed wrong.

Most likely it wasn’t from the wrong landing. Most likely it was from when he was stepping back and then tried to quickly change direction. The court did have moisture on it (they ended up cancelling the game later due to it)—so that may have played a small role in it.

i dont know maybe chet will get bigger and find weight if you look at anteater pictures or highlights from his rookie season he looks nothing like he does now so i would not go writing chet off just yet brohans take that the bank here check out this link https://ballislife.com/the-greek-freak-is-getting-freakier-the-growth-of-giannis-antetokounmpo/

Yeah, glass half full for OKC fans: this gives him a year to mature, hits the gym hard and comes back 5 pounds heavier.

i dont know maybe chet will get bigger and find weight if you look at anteater pictures or highlights from his rookie season he looks nothing like he does now so i would not go writing chet off just yet brohans take that the bank here check out this link https://ballislife.com/the-greek-freak-is-getting-freakier-the-growth-of-giannis-antetokounmpo/

Yeah, glass half full for OKC fans: this gives him a year to mature, hits the gym hard and comes back 5 pounds heavier.
Or half glass fuller - they get to tank for the best prospect in the last decade.

Or half glass fuller - they get to tank for the best prospect in the last decade.
every year we have "the best prospect in a decade or more".

not really

not really

Yeah, seems like every 5-10 years you'll get one of these guys (Zion, Brow, Lebron, Duncan, etc). Definitely not a yearly occurrence.

not really

Yeah, seems like every 5-10 years you'll get one of these guys (Zion, Brow, Lebron, Duncan, etc). Definitely not a yearly occurrence.
I SAID IT HAPPENS ANNUALLY AND I MEANT IT, GOSH DARN IT

I bet teams button up these local pro-am games these guys play in now n
It really is idiotic, with how much $$$ is on the line, that these teams don’t already prohibit this.
Why would they? How else do you train to get into basketball shape and get better? They need to play ball.
Also, it was a sanctioned NBA event so Chet won’t have any risk to his salary/contract like he would if it happened at a non-sanctioned event.

Most likely it wasn’t from the wrong landing. Most likely it was from when he was stepping back and then tried to quickly change direction. The court did have moisture on it (they ended up cancelling the game later due to it)—so that may have played a small role in it.
In this age of load management during the regular season, what the hell are these guys doing on a high school looking court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread