What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 BTSW (RIP) Summer of Love Sign Up and Discussion thread...... (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/68647#0

@ryheaps

@Duckboy

@rzrback77

@bro1ncos

@BassNBrew

@Ruffrodys05

@OldMilwaukee

@renesauz

@drunken slob

@Aaron Rudnicki

@Crippler

@nittanylion

those above plus me were in last year for a total of (13)....will take up to (16)..... so room for (3) more if anybody else checks in and is interested....we will roll with however many we get.....will look to try and start draft at 12:00 PM MST next Monday July 18th...I will set up league that morning with whatever we got......please post whether you are in or out here in the thread.....see league site or old thread for other details....

24 rounds......check the rules and scoring.....start Monday at noon .....no clock

QB 1

RB 2-4

WR 3-6

TE 1-3

PK 1-2

DST 1-2

Ref had a death in the family so we will be delaying things for few days.  Please check back in tomorrow.  

thanks guys...sorry for the delay....father in law passed away so been scrambling....back and setting up the league as I type....looks like we will have 10....11 if @Ruffrodys05 wants in....I reached out to him one last time ands will wait an hour or so.....and then draw spots and start the draft....no clock

Last edited by a moderator:
Team rzrback77 through six rounds:

Focused primarily on RB and WR....

1.6 Derrick Henry - would have taken Cooper Kupp, but @nittanyliontook him at #4. Hopeful that he is fully recovered and will continue to be the primary focus of the Titan's offensive plan, with some catches, lots of carries, yards and touchdowns.

2.6 Leonard Fournette - was third on my short list behind Swift and Aaron Jones as my pick approached. I am hopeful that he will lose weight this summer and continue to be heavily involved in the offense, particularly as a receiver out of the backfield. 

3.6 Pittman - switched my focus to wide receiver and had Pittman just behind Keenan Allen, but really like him as Matt Ryan's #1 target in Indianapolis.

4.6 D. J. Moore - finally got the top guy on my wish list as my selection approached. Moore has been steadily a factor in the Carolina offense. I believe that Mayfield coming in with incentive will be the best QB that Moore has had.

5.6 Allen Robinson - two picks in a row that were my top guy. Robinson is also teamed with the best QB of his career. I see a big turnaround for him in 2022, teaming with solid coaching and a great QB.

6.6 Amon-Ra St. Brown - I had some consideration of the tight end position here, but when both Waller and Schult were taken, went looking for value picks and smiled as I found Brown available.

Lots of rounds to go, but I like this foundation. As we wait on @Stinkin Refnearing the end of the sixth round, the focus leaguewide has been RB/WR

QB - only four have been drafted, one each in the 3rd and 4th rounds and a couple taken in round five.

RB - We are up to 26 drafted, but the pace has slowed. The first three rounds saw six, seven and five taken for a three-round total of 18. Since then, only eight have been taken.

WR - Up to 27, with a low of three, in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, followed by a high of seven in the 4th round.

TE - Seven gone, one in the 2nd round, two in the 3rd, and the other four between 5.8 and 6.7.

At the 1st quarter turn:

1.04: Najee Harris - kind of a no-brainer. Centerpiece of offense. I'll bet just getting out of Chicago and having a year under Daboll's tutelage probably put Trubisky back on the right track, and that Tomlin/Canada/Sullivan can get him closer to 2018 numbers than what we've recently seen. Dionte/Claypool/Freiermuth and the rookie Pickens provide a nice supporting cast.

2.08: Saquon Barkley - Another centerpiece RB, and it's been another year since the injury. Another Daboll reference - now the Giants HC, I think just adding him to the mix for the Giants could be the rising tide that lifts all boats. Not really a Daniel Jones guy, but there's something there that has yet to be unlocked, and although he's no Josh Allen, if Daboll is a whisperer and can even marginally elevate his play, the combo of an improved Jones and a more durable Barkley makes me think Saquon can push for RB1 #'s, or at least strong RB2.

3.04: Keenan Allen - Waiting until pick 26 to take a WR, had to take a foundational piece of the corps with a reliable high floor and Allen is that guy. High octane offense in high octane division. At this point in the draft, I'm drafting who I think are best players available, I didn't anticipate what was coming in Rds 4 and 5, but when it did, I just decided to roll with it...

4.08: Mike Williams - the other half of the Chargers passing game, I guess it's not surprising he was available when I picked again, given we're going with 11 Teams, not 12, and there he was. Kind of an ideal best ball guy, he and Allen are one of those Batman/Robin WR combos. At this point, only one QB drafted behind me (JAllen to OM at 3.03). SR and RR each had two picks before it got back to me, thought they might both nab a premier QB. SR took Mahomes, RR passed, and there I was at 5.04...

5.04: Justin Herbert - certainly didn't see that coming. Herbert/Allen/Williams stack. Thought you could only do that in an Auction draft. All eggs in one basket. Going to sink or swim with the Chargers passing game. Not the worst basket to have all your eggs in, I think. Hope I'm right, or I'll finish near the bottom. Pretty excited to see how that plays out.

6.08: Adam Thielen - Robin half of another Batman/Robin combo that ought to be quite prolific under Kevin O'Connell. Another high floor guy, not as high as Allen, but seems to be more likely to have a higher TD total. Debated between him and Mooney (WR1 in a less settled offense), and went with what I felt was the safer option due to the unique build I was putting together, didn't want to add volatility with this pick.

Herbert

Harris/Barkley

Allen/Williams/Thielen

We do so many 16-Teamers around these parts...challenging, and I think they help make us better drafters in conventional setups...but 11 Team League Drafts sure are fun!

@Stinkin Refwe're a week in, and less than 1/2 way through, can we implement some measures to pick up the pace? Like a timer? If it was May or June, that would be one thing, but NFL Training Camps have gone up and running while we're drafting, and news is starting to come out a mile/a minute...which has to potential to increase the value of Draft Picks as situations change from what they were on 07/20 when we kicked off. JMHO, but 'integrity of the Draft' is one of those things I get itchy about.

Real time example:  I had been planning on drafting both CEH and Ronald Jones, from the minute I made the decision to draft CEH  8.08 at 10:30pm on Monday night. At that moment, the earliest I'd planned on taking RoJo was at 12.08/13.04, but in the wake of the CEH PUP news, I felt compelled to take him at 11.04 to get my pairing, even though I'm personally sure the CEH PUP'ing is nothing more than precautionary - I couldn't guarantee everyone else felt the same way, and based on that breaking news, someone else might reach for RoJo, preventing me from implementing a strategy that relies on having both players (IMHO, in best ball, having one or the other is relatively useless, but the pairing has potential for exponential value).

Just a suggestion, I'm fine with whatever. Thanks for running this, and including me in it!

@Stinkin Refwe're a week in, and less than 1/2 way through, can we implement some measures to pick up the pace? Like a timer? If it was May or June, that would be one thing, but NFL Training Camps have gone up and running while we're drafting, and news is starting to come out a mile/a minute...which has to potential to increase the value of Draft Picks as situations change from what they were on 07/20 when we kicked off. JMHO, but 'integrity of the Draft' is one of those things I get itchy about.

Real time example:  I had been planning on drafting both CEH and Ronald Jones, from the minute I made the decision to draft CEH  8.08 at 10:30pm on Monday night. At that moment, the earliest I'd planned on taking RoJo was at 12.08/13.04, but in the wake of the CEH PUP news, I felt compelled to take him at 11.04 to get my pairing, even though I'm personally sure the CEH PUP'ing is nothing more than precautionary - I couldn't guarantee everyone else felt the same way, and based on that breaking news, someone else might reach for RoJo, preventing me from implementing a strategy that relies on having both players (IMHO, in best ball, having one or the other is relatively useless, but the pairing has potential for exponential value).

Just a suggestion, I'm fine with whatever. Thanks for running this, and including me in it!
hey....nittany....I totally get it...."in real life" I am the poster child of protecting all things "integrity" related when it comes to drafts/leagues/etc... I really am....

and I hate to just drop things on you like "we are all paying on the same field by the same rules, blah blah blah" ......but this is just a bragging rights league and something for us FF sluts to do to keep us busy during the summer before our real leagues start, etc....we started this league a little later than I have in the past and I think we all realize that some people may benefit from "breaking news" or whatever depending on where we are at in the draft at the moment....I am not sure a clock really solves that either way, and I'm pretty confident nobody is "sitting on their pick wasting time, waiting for the next breaking news shoe to drop"....I think implementing a new rule (clock) during the draft would also kind of dance on the integrity bubble....many people may have signed up because their wasn't one....etc....it's really just for fun and in honor of our fallen compadre BTSW....I went no clock so there is not that pressure and we can all just have a little fun as I think all the dudes in here are pretty straight shooters and not taking this as a life or death must win league...I guess that is just a long way of saying now that camps have started, etc....and there is breaking news dropping more frequently.... that is something we all need to adjust to and factor into our draft strategy moving forward.....but I totally respect your request.... :banned:

team rzrback77

first six picks (see previous)

RB - D. Henry & Fournette

WR - Pittman, D. J. Moore, A. Robinson & Amon-Ra St.Brown

7.6 & 8.6 - Added two starting RBs from last year who have slipped quite a bit in this draft and in ADP, Elijah Mitchell & Cordarelle Patterson. I am happy with this top four at RB. Will continue to look for value, but might be done for a while at RB.

9.6 - Russell Wilson - drafted as QB9 in the middle of a plethora of QB picks, with six more being taken prior to my 10th round pick. Pleased with the value of Wilson. Strongly considered Stafford, so think that @BassNBrewgot value with him at QB12. And now at 13.5, there have already been 18 taken which surprised me quite a bit.

10.6 & 11.6 - Drafted a couple of TEs getting Freiermuth and a personal favorite, Hunter Henry. Waited a while on this position, but really like both these guys to outperform TE12 and TE14.

12.6 - Added the third WR for the Bengals, who keeps being productive despite the presence of Chase and Higgins. Really saw value here and now have five solid WRs, with no overlap on any bye weeks.

Got to head out for an oil change, but back in a few.

Users who are viewing this thread