What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (3 Viewers)

If there is a game to miss it is a non-conference one. If the Bills end up going to KC again in the playoffs I think I might puke 🤢

I'm a big fan of local journalists and aspiring wannabes (Cover 1) posting innuendo and memes instead of just telling us what they're hearing. That's how the professionals do it. Gotta get that engagement.

I'm a big fan of local journalists and aspiring wannabes (Cover 1) posting innuendo and memes instead of just telling us what they're hearing. That's how the professionals do it. Gotta get that engagement.
It was pretty ridiculous. Jeremy White talking about taking the Vikings moneyline this week. Tim Graham randomly tweeting his old article from months ago about Case Keenum.

I posted the same thing in the Josh Allen thread, but there are some vague yet worrying rumors swirling on Bills Twitter (and not some randos - some bigger names who would viably have connections) that Allen is going to be out, presumably due to injury.

Looks like early rumors are optimistic
Despite my new found respect for Tua, I'd love to see what Allen would do with the weapons Miami has
Mad respect for him, hope there's nothing other than just soreness after a tough defense went toe to toe with him.
:thumbup:

I find Buff easy to root for but they are horrible in close games. They aren't going make a SB blowing teams out. If they don't learn to handle the pressure of close games, they're not going to win a champioship.

Petition to skip all late Oct and Nov games? Two years in a row they gave squandered first place in the conference.
I have to think it is coaching. This is now two years in a row that the team has looked lethargic for weeks after beating the Chiefs. They act like that is their Super Bowl. They need a head coach who can find a way to keep them motivated.

I can’t help but think that if Jordan Poyer was in the game instead of Cam Lewis, that long miracle completion to Jefferson simply doesn’t happen and Buffalo wins.

One player shouldn’t make the difference though. The offense choked that game away. Suspect playcalling down the stretch and terrible execution.

I don’t buy into the whole “one game possession” thing a lot, but Allen does seem to get too over eager in big spots and it clearly affects his game negatively. In all 3 losses this year he choked in key moments: the skipped ball into the end zone against Miami, the INTs last week, the fumble and INT this week. If he can’t get that figured out and correct it, the Bills are in trouble this year and going forward. He needs to learn to calm down and be clutch.

Where is the logical flaw here…

When the Bills has the ball on their own 1 yard line (the play the Vikings scored on the fumble)…if you’re the Bills why not just run hard counts and take infinite delay of game penalties? Because EVENTUALLY the Vikings would jump, right?

I would tell my center NEVER EVER snap the ball.

Where is the logical flaw here…

When the Bills has the ball on their own 1 yard line (the play the Vikings scored on the fumble)…if you’re the Bills why not just run hard counts and take infinite delay of game penalties? Because EVENTUALLY the Vikings would jump, right?

I would tell my center NEVER EVER snap the ball.
I think there’s some rule that the refs could actually call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Not sure what the end result would be though. Maybe could lead to an ejection of the QB?

McDermott 55-34 as Head Coach
Doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon

I can't explain 27-10 blown lead, I can in theory but I can't believe what I saw
Josh Allen might have made a few poor decisions but it wasn't done with malice.
Hard to explain to fans of Buffalo but I watch him as an NFL fan...Marino '86-'89, look it up but Miami missed the Playoffs all those years
Sure Miami D stunk! But Marino overcompensated a lot and we had no run game and we suffered

Don't beat down on the kid, he's doing his ******* best to will them to the Super Bowl and I think they still will find their way, some if this is just midseason like the dog days of summer in MLB
Keep your heads up
You seen much worse
You already beat KC so it's not a mystery
Just don't let things snowball
You lost to a team that is now 8-1, could be worse
All your losses were to teams with the most wins including MN, MIA and the Jets, again nothing to get upset about

From South Beach,
-Cheers!

Remind me again why they traded for Hines instead of someone like Wilson?
Wilson would have churned out the same number of yards not carrying the ball as Hines. Out of Buffalo’s last 29 offensive plays, they only called runs three times (once was the botched handoff/fumble). Last week, out of their last 24 plays they ran it 3 times (one was an end around to McKenzie).

I think they could have Barry Sanders back there and they’d still choose to throw throw throw. They had 6, SIX, running backs active today. 5 of them had 5 carries or less, including 5, 2, 0 and 0.

And Josh has returned to hero ball. Teams are continuing to take away the deep stuff and instead of taking wide open check downs at the ends of games he tries to play hero and force the ball in and keeps turning it over. On both of his game ending interceptions the past 2 weeks, he had his RB wide open out of the backfield and instead of checking it down for a guaranteed 10+ yards, Allen made throws he had no business making. It’s infuriating.

Week 10 summary:

What a turd of a loss. The game was in hand. It slipped away on the decision to go for it on 4th down instead of a gimme FG, or the fumble in the endzone.

Bottom line, it seems like this team isn't going to be able to win games with so many defensive starters out, like they did earlier in the season. They need to get a few more of those guys back or this is just a modestly-above-average team. (Oh, and Josh needs to get back to 2020/2021 form.)

So you want them to trade for someone to compete with Duke Johnson?

I say that somewhat jokingly, but Jeff Wilson is certainly not an upgrade over Singletary, and hopefully Cook/Hines eventually work their way into a more contributory role.
I wanted them to trade for someone that will actually help them. I'm not the biggest Wilson fan but not nearly as certain that he isn't an upgrade over Singletary, especially as a power runner, which they desperately need IMO.

Bills DST owner in yards and pts allowed scoring

ppg has been way down since the bye for this unit do Bills fans see this as a prolonged blip or the new normal?

Week 10 summary:

What a turd of a loss. The game was in hand. It slipped away on the decision to go for it on 4th down instead of a gimme FG, or the fumble in the endzone.

Bottom line, it seems like this team isn't going to be able to win games with so many defensive starters out, like they did earlier in the season. They need to get a few more of those guys back or this is just a modestly-above-average team. (Oh, and Josh needs to get back to 2020/2021 form.)
What's really infuriating is if you expand your mind a little and think about all the other plays that would have changed the outcome if just one had gone differently. Like if Diggs catches that pass on the sideline during the Bills next-to-last possession in the 4th quarter. Or if Jordan Phillips doesn't jump offsides on the first attempt at fourth-and-goal. Or if the Vikings make that PAT instead of missing it (work it out -- we probably kick the GW FG at the end of regulation).

Passing up that FG attempt was fine. It was very slightly against the odds, but it's a very reasonable call. We lost because Minnesota came up with some sensational plays, like the Jefferson catch on 4th and 18, and because we botched play after play after play after play. All we needed was for one of those plays to not be botched, but we went 0-for-whatever-it-was.

The good news is that we went through a funk like this last year too, and that team had no problem flipping the switch when they needed to do so. And we're currently still missing like half our defense, so you figure that has to change at some point and it's our of our control regardless.

For the Bills fans out there: this is simply a bump in the road for them. They've lost to Miami, The Jets, and The Vikings: Two of those games were "weird" (and I didn't watch the Jet game so I cannot comment there). Miami had their losing streak when Tua went out. The Bills are suffering from an identity crisis: They don't trust Singletary every year and they likely should. (kind of one of those mysteries like why is Mark Ingram always in New Orleans or Why did it take so long for the raiders to rely on Josh Jacobs...).

As foe the "weird" games:

Miami: Phins are good this year and the South Florida Heat is a game changer. Still, Bills had plenty of opportunities (I think, what, 3 4th and shorts that they missed?) and their secondary was banged up.

Vikings: wow, what a weird game. Up a ton and then took their foot off the gas in the 4th and gave cousins a chance. Solid 4th down stand and then the craziness that ensued.

Regardless of where they are seeded, they will be a tough out for any team. Chin up Bills fans: as a Phins homer I know the only way to win this Division or Conference is to go through the BIlls and that still is no easy task.

I know many of our Bills fans in here don't live in Buffalo, so in case you're unaware, they're calling for a potentially historic snowstorm through this weekend. The lake-effect snow warning starts tomorrow night at 7 PM until Sunday at 1 PM. They're calling for 2 - 6 feet of snow. I'm assuming the game will still be played in Orchard Park, but I suppose they could move it like the Snowvember game back in 2014.

Just what the Bills need right now while they're reeling......

I know many of our Bills fans in here don't live in Buffalo, so in case you're unaware, they're calling for a potentially historic snowstorm through this weekend. The lake-effect snow warning starts tomorrow night at 7 PM until Sunday at 1 PM. They're calling for 2 - 6 feet of snow. I'm assuming the game will still be played in Orchard Park, but I suppose they could move it like the Snowvember game back in 2014.

It seems like we have more "weather" games involving the Browns than all other teams combined. I guess that's not a coincidence given the great lakes and the fact that both franchises built their stadiums on Indian burial grounds.

I actually think it might be just what they need, they may have no choice but to run the ball a lot more than they normally would.

If only we had a stadium where we could close the roof so as to benefit the passing team instead of a snow-game against a very good running team.

I actually think it might be just what they need, they may have no choice but to run the ball a lot more than they normally would.
I totally get where you’re coming from, but a game where you have to run the ball when you’ve been terrible running the ball and can’t stop the power run game going up against a team that may be the best with the power run game, seems suboptimal.

My buddy and I went to that game and it was a blast. Bills Mafia were in full voice.

I totally get where you’re coming from, but a game where you have to run the ball when you’ve been terrible running the ball and can’t stop the power run game going up against a team that may be the best with the power run game, seems suboptimal.
I wouldn't say they've been terrible at running the ball when they've actually done it- obviously they aren't nearly as good as Cleveland, although the Bills' run D is better than theirs so it balances out some.

In any event, it's November in Buffalo, they know these games are coming. Even if this one doesn't go their way, maybe it'll finally be a wakeup call that they need to improve their power running game if they want to win these late season games?

The illnesses going around certainly don't help.

This Tre White situation is starting to become weird/concerning. From all reports he’s been 100% cleared by doctors and has looked great in practice. Comments from the team have been very coy/careful as to why he isn’t playing yet. Really seems like it’s just a mental block/being scared of re-injury on White’s part right now. They really need him back and the team suddenly finds themselves at a bit of a crossroads, so it sucks that he isn’t available yet. I would think that it’s not happening for Thanksgiving either.

Has anyone heard anything about how original ticket holders can get tickets for Detroit?

They are supposed to be available in about an hour, but I can't find any info.

Has anyone heard anything about how original ticket holders can get tickets for Detroit?

They are supposed to be available in about an hour, but I can't find any info.
Should be able to get in the queue now on ticketmaster (through bills website).

I am trying to get some tickets, but it looks like I have to wait until Saturday now....which is a real PITA.

Section 138, row 30.

I was waiting until 2:00. I flipped over to my Ticketmaster tab at like 1:58 and saw there was already a queue started. I joined immediately and was at a status of "2000+" people ahead of you.

Kinda pissed me off. I thought 2:00 was 2:00, not 1:50 or whenever they opened the gates.

Anyway, still got 'ok' seats, so I can take my one football obsessed son to his first "real" game.

BTW, tickets are $10-$30. I got two of the $30 variety for $75 after fees.

Section 138, row 30.

I was waiting until 2:00. I flipped over to my Ticketmaster tab at like 1:58 and saw there was already a queue started. I joined immediately and was at a status of "2000+" people ahead of you.

Kinda pissed me off. I thought 2:00 was 2:00, not 1:50 or whenever they opened the gates.

Anyway, still got 'ok' seats, so I can take my one football obsessed son to his first "real" game.

I hate the "ticket" industry. Tons of tickets are already going up on the secondary market for $200 to as high as $888.

The cat is clearly out of the bag on how to get into the pre-sale. Anyone who really wants to buy tickets and go to the game, feel free to DM me.

Section 138, row 30.

I hate the "ticket" industry. Tons of tickets are already going up on the secondary market for $200 to as high as $888.

The cat is clearly out of the bag on how to get into the pre-sale. Anyone who really wants to buy tickets and go to the game, feel free to DM me.
Ticketmaster is a joke.

This Tre White situation is starting to become weird/concerning. From all reports he’s been 100% cleared by doctors and has looked great in practice. Comments from the team have been very coy/careful as to why he isn’t playing yet. Really seems like it’s just a mental block/being scared of re-injury on White’s part right now. They really need him back and the team suddenly finds themselves at a bit of a crossroads, so it sucks that he isn’t available yet. I would think that it’s not happening for Thanksgiving either.
Agreed.

Maybe it's something as simple as they don't want Tre playing two games in five days on one of the worst surfaces in the league. Cool, I can get on board with that. But why doesn't McDermott just say that? Why all the coyness? It's mid-November, and McDermott wasn't shutting the door on Tre starting Week 1 back in training camp, so what's going on? Big fan of McDermott and what he's brought to this organization. I could easily be talked into the proposition that he's the best coach this franchise has ever had. But the guy's about as forthcoming as North Korean state media.

Also, I'm getting a little sick of seemingly every beat reporter and every Cover 1 guy carrying water for the team on this issue.

Also, I'm getting a little sick of seemingly every beat reporter and every Cover 1 guy carrying water for the team on this issue.
Yeah, there’s been surprisingly little discussion of it. I know there were some questions asked by reporters, but there just hasn’t been that much scrutiny on the Bills/White about this. It was all well and good when they were winning, but the secondary has struggled and injuries have mounted. The team needs their well paid #1 CB to be out there.

And while I love the football knowledge of the Cover 1 guys and enjoy them, they pretty much look at everything Bills related as glass 3/4 full.

Just a thought, but it definitely seems like teams have been treating the Bills like a favorite and giving them their best shot. Buffalo did plenty in all 3 of their losses to shoot themselves in the foot and deserve each loss, but it’s noticeable how well those teams all played against them. And then you looked at how each of those teams played in their next game and all 3 of them came out and played really flat their next game.

It really does feel like teams are coming out and giving a little extra when they play the Bills. And whether it’s from the injuries leading to a lack of depth or just not being up to it mentally, it seems like Buffalo hasn’t been able to match that intensity each week. Even this week against the Browns, Cleveland definitely came out playing with more intensity to start and Buffalo clearly got lucky to weather the storm and Cleveland’s mistakes compounded on them eventually.

Their aura of invincibility is gone. And it starts and ends with the QB. He plays like he’s capable of this will turn around. If not it won’t. They are going the wrong way while others are starting to peak as we get closer to the playoffs. Limp in and your toast

I find Buff easy to root for but they are horrible in close games. They aren't going make a SB blowing teams out. If they don't learn to handle the pressure of close games, they're not going to win a champioship.

This.

Lifer Pats fan but have had fun watching you guys and rooting for ya. But what Dallas said... gotta get tough in the clutch.

Hmmm, McDermott did not rule White out for this week. Would be interesting/great if he plays.

And Joe Buscaglia is reporting that Hyde is leaving the door open to returning this season. Said he has actually be on the side doing work with other inactive/rehabbing players at practices recently. That would be incredible. Reminds me a bit of Rod Woodson tearing his ACL and coming back and playing in the Super Bowl.

5 Lions declared out:
  • LG Jonah Jackson (concussion)
  • RG Evan Brown (ankle)
  • EDGE Josh Paschal (knee)
  • EDGE Charles Harris (groin)
  • CB Jeff Okudah (concussion)
No surprises here. Harris and Paschal missed last week as well. Brown was hurt on the 13th play, Okudah played only 16 snaps Sunday. He’s the biggest loss as he’s the best CB and a good run defender. Both their backups are adequate, though obviously there’s some drop off.

Jonah didn’t pop up in the report until Tuesday. He’s a pro bowl LG and that’s four offensive guards out. Logan Stenberg is the likely starter and he was horrible the last time he started. The only other healthy G has 8 NFL snaps.

Whatever, y’all got missing starters as well. Hope we have a competitive game. Bit of a rough stretch lately but Bills have an awesome roster, hoping you get the ship righted for the stretch run.

Lions are on a nice run but it’s one of the youngest teams in the league. Average age on defense is a shade over 24. Not the most talented squad but they play hard.

Hmmm, McDermott did not rule White out for this week. Would be interesting/great if he plays.

And Joe Buscaglia is reporting that Hyde is leaving the door open to returning this season. Said he has actually be on the side doing work with other inactive/rehabbing players at practices recently. That would be incredible. Reminds me a bit of Rod Woodson tearing his ACL and coming back and playing in the Super Bowl.
Hyde has an appointment early December. 23 in 2023 everyone assumed out for year. Neck is healing. Friends with a family member they aren’t ruling out mid to late Jan if need be but probably not. Fingers crossed. If this team goes to a SB somehow let him fair catch a few punts. He’s earned that

Users who are viewing this thread