What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG, 172 to 1 Beatles Countdown 1-25 lists... And 173 to 1 Countdown from 1-64 lists! (1 Viewer)

Opening night setlist!

Can't Buy Me Love

Junior's Farm

Letting Go

Got to Get You Into My Life

Come On to Me

Let Me Roll It

(followed by "Foxy Lady" jam)

Getting Better (first time since 2003)

Women and Wives (Live debut)

My Valentine

Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

Maybe I'm Amazed

I've Just Seen a Face

In Spite of All the Danger

Love Me Do

Dance Tonight

Blackbird

Here Today

Queenie Eye

Lady Madonna

Fuh You

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!

Something

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

You Never Give Me Your Money (first time since 2003)

She Came in Through the Bathroom Window (first time since 2008)

Get Back

Band on the Run

Let It Be

Live and Let Die

Hey Jude

Encore:

I've Got a Feeling

Birthday

Helter Skelter

Golden Slumbers

Carry That Weight

The End

First show in Seattle last night had exactly the same setlist, except that he subbed "New" for "Queenie Eye."  I fear we'll probably get Queenie Eye tonight, and I'd have much preferred New.  Wonder if anything else new will rotate in.  Some of his choices from his solo works befuddle me.

First show in Seattle last night had exactly the same setlist, except that he subbed "New" for "Queenie Eye."  I fear we'll probably get Queenie Eye tonight, and I'd have much preferred New.  Wonder if anything else new will rotate in.  Some of his choices from his solo works befuddle me.
The Juniors Farm/Letting Go combo would make me freak if I saw it live. 

Pip's Invitation said:
The Juniors Farm/Letting Go combo would make me freak if I saw it live. 

Well, you would have freaked!  He sounded great on them, too.  Actually despite the complaints I've been reading online about his voice in these shows, we all thought he sounded pretty good.  Not great, and some certainly better than others, but overall pretty good.  He did forget the lyrics on "Here Today," though, and stopped himself in the middle and said, "Well that's not right" before starting in on it again.  :lol:

The biggest crowd-pleaser of the night, and I'm not kidding, was Ob-La-Di.

He made a few substitutions on the setlist last night, as noted below.  One made me :cry:  

1. Can't Buy Me Love
  2. Junior's Farm
  3. Letting Go
  4. Got to Get You Into My Life
  5. Come On to Me
  6. Let Me Roll It <----this was particularly phenomenal especially leading into Foxy Lady
  7. (followed by "Foxy Lady" jam)
  8. Getting Better 
  9. Women and Wives (Live debut) Substituted "Let 'em In"
  10. My Valentine
  11. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
  12. Maybe I'm Amazed
  13. I've Just Seen a Face Substituted "We Can Work It Out" :cry:  (but I did see IJSAF in the 2019 show)
  14. In Spite of All the Danger
  15. Love Me Do
  16. Dance Tonight
  17. Blackbird
  18. Here Today
  19. Queenie Eye Unfortunately substituted this back in instead of "New," which I would have preferred.
  20. Lady Madonna
  21. Fuh You
  22. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
  23. Something
  24. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
  25. You Never Give Me Your Money
  26. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window 
  27. Get Back
  28. Band on the Run
  29. Let It Be <----vocal on this was surprisingly strong
  30. Live and Let Die
  31. Hey Jude

Encore:

1. I've Got a Feeling
  2. Birthday
  3. Helter Skelter
  4. Golden Slumbers
  5. Carry That Weight
  6. The End

sorry to be repetitive, I probably mentioned these folks a few months ago during the countdown…

we have married friends, surname Jones, who have two tuxedo cats 

the pets names are Desmond and Molly

I don’t particularly enjoy the song, but I do remember not having any bias against it when I was younger

there are a number of jaunty, chirpy Paul songs which sound like something out of a ALW musical (or more aptly, a Friday night singalong in the parlor with Jim McCatney and his boys)

I used to like them, and now I find them very skippable 

I really wish I was less of a curmudgeon lol

or that drank more than an occasional vino with dinner

my whiskey-drinking-fiancé (52 days) often brags to her girlfriends “I’m drinking less since I started dating him. that’s a good thing, right?” 

debatable… 

;)

Guys?  Guys?!?!

I just rented George's childhood home for two nights while my friend Stacy and I are in Liverpool this July.  Now, I'm not actually planning to spend the night there because there is no air-con :bag:  , but I just wanted it to hang out in.  It's an AirBnB now, and really reasonable to rent!  He lived there from 1949 to 1962.  :excited:  

Guys?  Guys?!?!

I just rented George's childhood home for two nights while my friend Stacy and I are in Liverpool this July.  Now, I'm not actually planning to spend the night there because there is no air-con :bag:  , but I just wanted it to hang out in.  It's an AirBnB now, and really reasonable to rent!  He lived there from 1949 to 1962.  :excited:  
Amazing!

I’m sure Paul will stop by if you text him. 😂

It's still not in my 64, but I have to admit...after 2 months in my shuffle Across The Universe has grown on me. Not being one that prioritizes lyrical content in my music it'll never get too high on my board, but musically it's a better song than I gave it credit for before this show.  :suds:

It's still not in my 64, but I have to admit...after 2 months in my shuffle Across The Universe has grown on me. Not being one that prioritizes lyrical content in my music it'll never get too high on my board, but musically it's a better song than I gave it credit for before this show.  :suds:

:clap:  

it takes FOUR remarkable pieces of work (Rain, Helter Skelter, ADiTL, TNKs) to keep it outta my 1 hole ... but when i am listening to it, nothing touches it. 

nothing. 

🖤

Welcoming suggestions for my wedding reception song list which I’ll turn into my DJ this week (34 days away.)

My mind is a little fried right now planning other aspects. I’m not too focused on the dance portion (besides T&S.) Need some nice songs for interlude between ceremony / seating for reception, dinner music, et al. Just the filler outside the dancing portion.

That said, would love to hear any ideas for danceable songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcoming suggestions for my wedding reception song list which I’ll turn into my DJ this week (34 days away.)

My mind is a little fried right now planning other aspects. I’m not too focused on the dance portion (besides T&S.) Need some nice songs for interlude between ceremony / seating for reception, dinner music, et al. Just the filler outside the dancing portion.

That said, would love to hear any ideas for danceable songs.
I'M SURE SHE'LL LOVE ANY SONG WITH THE WORD HONEY IN IT.

Need some nice songs for interlude between ceremony / seating for reception, dinner music, et al. Just the filler outside the dancing portion.
Beatles division:

Something
Maybe I'm Amazed
Here, There and Everywhere

Non-Beatles division:

You've Got a Friend -- James Taylor or Carole King version
Biggest Part of Me -- Ambrosia
That America song you PM'd me about. 

I guess "Whatever Gets You Through the Night" would be in poor taste?  Danceable, though.

I don't know how you can overlook Ob-La-Di if you're looking for a dance-y crowd-pleaser.  I Saw Her Standing There seems like a good dance number, too, unless you're literally marrying a 17-year-old, in which case it could be awkward.  Props also to I Want to Hold Your Hand, She Loves You, and All My Loving for dance-ability.

I wasn't going to post about this, but since the thread was bumped...

Apparently our outrageously expensive 4x Paul tickets came with 4x swag, which I received in the mail yesterday.  Danny Says and Tinktinktinktinktink are not impressed, but the blankets and the collapsible bottles are actually pretty cool.  Magnets, how do they work?!  Lanyards might have been more fun if we'd received before the show.  Should I just wear mine out in the public these days?

from a cheesy wedding planning site:

All You Need is Love

Something

In My Life

When I’m Sixty Four 

Till There Was You

I’ve Just Seen a Face 

Twist and Shout

Here Comes the Sun

All My Loving

I Want To Hold Your Hand

Eight Days a Week

Can’t Buy Me Love

I Will

She Loves You

P.S. I Love You

You Really Got a Hold on Me 

Got To Get You Into My Life

With a Little Help From My Friends 

Love Me Do

I’m Happy Just To Dance With You 

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Across the Universe 

Blackbird

Hold Me Tight

Two of Us

If I Needed Someone 

Hey Jude

I like the Bolded 

The DJ asked for a send off / walk out song Saturday wedding?

(we’re changing out of our wedding attire at the venue & doing a 2-night staycation in NYC before we leave for our honeymoon in Vermont on Monday)

I was thinking It Won’t Be Long 

:lol:

canon in d major for the procession, thanks for asking

OK I'll stop now

Wait (hey....not on my DJ list but ya know...)

Anyway, one more: we want an upbeat number for the Wedding Recessional (when we leave the altar at the end of the ceremony), no idea what to pick.

from a cheesy wedding planning site:

All You Need is Love

Something

In My Life

When I’m Sixty Four 

Till There Was You

I’ve Just Seen a Face 

Twist and Shout

Here Comes the Sun

All My Loving

I Want To Hold Your Hand

Eight Days a Week

Can’t Buy Me Love

I Will

She Loves You

P.S. I Love You

You Really Got a Hold on Me 

Got To Get You Into My Life

With a Little Help From My Friends 

Love Me Do

I’m Happy Just To Dance With You 

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Across the Universe 

Blackbird

Hold Me Tight

Two of Us

If I Needed Someone 

Hey Jude

I like the Bolded 

The DJ asked for a send off / walk out song Saturday wedding?

(we’re changing out of our wedding attire at the venue & doing a 2-night staycation in NYC before we leave for our honeymoon in Vermont on Monday)

I was thinking It Won’t Be Long 

:lol:
"And I Love Her" should be included on that list, unless it's two fellas getting married.

I wasn't going to post about this, but since the thread was bumped...

Apparently our outrageously expensive 4x Paul tickets came with 4x swag, which I received in the mail yesterday.  Danny Says and Tinktinktinktinktink are not impressed, but the blankets and the collapsible bottles are actually pretty cool.  Magnets, how do they work?!  Lanyards might have been more fun if we'd received before the show.  Should I just wear mine out in the public these days?
Danny Says and Tinktinktinktinktink are waiting for you to spread out a blanket so they can give it the paw or knead test. The bottle looks cool, and I like the colors on it. Put your keys on your lanyard when you walk to your mom's house. Have your mom do the same. The two of you. 

Users who are viewing this thread