What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (2 Viewers)

I have CMC in real fantasy - he went to a team outside the circle of trust in terms of a coach for an RB. Hope I am wrong....

On a side note adds a key piece to 331 roosters (not mine) on the week 9 bye so it may indirectly help me in that tough week.

-QG
SF is a huge upgrade.

Yes, it’s Shanahan. But he’s never had a RB of this caliber. He’s gonna be the man. There will be the occasional Juice play here or there, but that’s just how it is.

It’s gonna be fun to watch

I have CMC in real fantasy - he went to a team outside the circle of trust in terms of a coach for an RB. Hope I am wrong....

On a side note adds a key piece to 331 roosters (not mine) on the week 9 bye so it may indirectly help me in that tough week.

-QG
87 CMC owners also have Barkley off week 9

-QG
SF is a huge upgrade.

Yes, it’s Shanahan. But he’s never had a RB of this caliber. He’s gonna be the man. There will be the occasional Juice play here or there, but that’s just how it is.

It’s gonna be fun to watch

Nope I don't trust it.
I just don't.
Best ball it's probably better cuz it'll be 40 one week and 2 the next.

-QG

Thursday standings just went up. No cut line yet established, just as I expected. Not enough high profile players to move the needle, in spite of the high scoring.

So, on the one hand I got a jump start on week 7 with 10 points from a ghost kicker who had been written off. But, on the other hand Elijah Mitchell and Jeff Wilson disappeared.

What kind of salary does Mitchell have? Is he close enough to playing to be traded for a bag of chips?

On Monday if someone had offered me 18 or 19 total points out of my $3 D (which is my only D this week), $3 RB (who is my 5th best RB this week according to FBG projections) and $3 kicker (who didn't have a job), I'd have been thrilled with it. 47 points from those guys? No way, right?

I hope this isn't the norm with Hopkins back. I need Ertz to produce more than he did this week, especially next week, when I won't have Kelce.

Speaking of Ertz, does this competition not give points for 2-point conversions? It has Ertz listed at 5.1 points, which would be just the 2 receptions at 1.5 PPR for 21 yards.

I hope this isn't the norm with Hopkins back. I need Ertz to produce more than he did this week, especially next week, when I won't have Kelce.

Speaking of Ertz, does this competition not give points for 2-point conversions? It has Ertz listed at 5.1 points, which would be just the 2 receptions at 1.5 PPR for 21 yards.

Correct - a quirk of the contest scoring is that there are no points given for 2-point conversions.

-QG

I really didn’t think I had a realistic chance of winning this thing until Blankenship found a new job. Now I’m wildly optimistic.

:oldunsure:
He missed an extra point this week and was a fill in for a fill in for an injured PK. I wouldnt count on him holding down that job for long. I hope I am wrong for your and your fellow Blankenship owners though.

I really didn’t think I had a realistic chance of winning this thing until Blankenship found a new job. Now I’m wildly optimistic.

:oldunsure:
He missed an extra point this week and was a fill in for a fill in for an injured PK. I wouldnt count on him holding down that job for long. I hope I am wrong for your and your fellow Blankenship owners though.
Sarcasm is a thing that happens in this topic. Apologies if mine was too dry. I thought the emoji was a giveaway.

Correct - a quirk of the contest scoring is that there are no points given for 2-point conversions.

-QG
It would be interesting to hear the conversations between FBG's on this decision. Seems like a no brainer to me but being unique is good too. The main (and really only) thing is we know the scoring system before deciding on our rosters. No complaining that way when someone realizes the quirks afterward. I especially like the half point/point/point and a half score for receptions depending on the players position.

Well my biggest waste of money wasn't on the 6 $3 dollar WRs at least 3 of them have counted for me at least once. It seems the 26 I spent on Conner may be the biggest waste what a disappointment.

Well my biggest waste of money wasn't on the 6 $3 dollar WRs at least 3 of them have counted for me at least once. It seems the 26 I spent on Conner may be the biggest waste what a disappointment.
I had Conner on several early iterations, but was bothered by him being so TD dependent in order to be relevant. Many games last year he hardly had any yardage, but was saved by getting lots of goal line carries. I was not confident that it would continue this year. I went with Fournette in his place.

Feel quite fortunate that the Taysom cheat code has covered my boneheaded same-bye week TE pairing of Goedert and Knox.

Hell, I feel lucky to have dodged a couple of close calls with the Turk, given the state of my RB room.
I imagine many contestants took a shot on Chase Edmonds, but $13 Nyheim Hines was an unforced error. :rolleyes:

No Hurts this week, but Davis Mills is in a relatively favorable spot.

Week 7​

QB Jalen Hurts - $190.00
QB Davis Mills - $70.00
RB Joe Mixon - $300.00
RB Aaron Jones - $270.00
RB Chase Edmonds - $140.00
RB Nyheim Hines - $130.00
RB Jeff Wilson - $30.00
WR Michael Pittman - $240.00
WR D.J. Moore - $230.00
WR Courtland Sutton - $190.00
WR Christian Kirk - $160.00
TE Dallas Goedert - $150.00
TE Dawson Knox - $140.00
TE Taysom Hill - $511.10
PK Evan McPherson - $60.00
PK Jake Elliott - $50.00
PK Rodrigo Blankenship - $310.00
TD San Francisco 49ers - $40.00
TD Tennessee Titans - $30.00
TOTAL21.10
CUT LINE-0.00

Week 6 has another 20% cut. Starting with 5726 teams, right around 1145 will be eliminated. Kicking off Thursday Night with WAS/CHI.

QB - Fields (475 - 23.30), Wentz (111 - 5.15)
RB - Herbert (593 - 7.50), Robinson (417 - 12.00), McKissic (158 - 2.00), Montgomery (95 - 8.50), Gibson (79 - 6.80)
WR - Mooney (319 - 13.80), McLaurin (304 - 8.20), Samuel (138 - 2.60), Jones (79 - 2.80)
TE - Kmet (666 - 3.00)
K - Santos (203 - 1.00), Slye (31 - 6.80)
D - CHI (347 - 3.00), WAS (170 - 9.00)

No monster scores from anyone, and the most common guy (Kmet) put up another dud. Fields saved his week with 1 pass and 1 run. Mooney gets his 2nd double digit game, and Robinson reaches the end zone. Washington finally gets a good game from the D.
With my running back stable I regard Robinson's 12 points as a monster score.
I am one of the guys who risked the dead money waiting for Robinson to get back. Ive got even more of that dead money sunk into Deandre Hopkins who is off suspension after this week. I ALMOST got cut week 1 and week 2 ....since then my team has gotten stronger and stronger. With those 2 back theoretically it means I should have an advantage over teams that didnt take that risk.........(which means this will probably be the week the turk comes for me if for no9 other reason...Karma....
D.Hopkins could be huge especially in best ball. Cards are running more plays on offense than anyone. Plus he got suspended for performance enhancing so we can assume he will show up jacked. 💪
What did I tell you....Jacked!!! 💪 💪 💪 💪
Excellent pick @da_budman

Week 6 has another 20% cut. Starting with 5726 teams, right around 1145 will be eliminated. Kicking off Thursday Night with WAS/CHI.

RB - Herbert (593 - 7.50), Robinson (417 - 12.00), McKissic (158 - 2.00), Montgomery (95 - 8.50), Gibson (79 - 6.80)
WR - Mooney (319 - 13.80), McLaurin (304 - 8.20), Samuel (138 - 2.60), Jones (79 - 2.80)
TE - Kmet (666 - 3.00)

No monster scores from anyone, and the most common guy (Kmet) put up another dud. Fields saved his week with 1 pass and 1 run. Mooney gets his 2nd double digit game, and Robinson reaches the end zone. Washington finally gets a good game from the D.
I am one of the guys who risked the dead money waiting for Robinson to get back. Ive got even more of that dead money sunk into Deandre Hopkins who is off suspension after this week. I ALMOST got cut week 1 and week 2 ....since then my team has gotten stronger and stronger. With those 2 back theoretically it means I should have an advantage over teams that didnt take that risk.........(which means this will probably be the week the turk comes for me if for no9 other reason...Karma....
D.Hopkins could be huge especially in best ball. Cards are running more plays on offense than anyone. Plus he got suspended for performance enhancing so we can assume he will show up jacked. 💪
Ertz owners will be hating life if this week was any indication (ala Deandre Hopkins) of the future target distribution.

Man, I guess my Elijah Mitchell/Jeff Wilson share is for naught.

There goes $21 from the RB room provided that McCaffrey remains healthy (I don't think he will in that system).

Blankenship is lollerskates as far as I'm concerned. Nailed a fifty yarder last night. Prater has a hip problem? Those don't go away overnight, especially if it's in the hip joint.

Blankenship to the moon! (And probably back to earth next week.)

TE - Kmet (666 - 3.00)

Ertz owners will be hating life if this week was any indication (ala Deandre Hopkins) of the future target distribution.
Its the same for Higbee owners once ARob finally gets going.

TE - Kmet (666 - 3.00)

Its the same for Higbee owners once ARob finally gets going.
And Van Jefferson

TE - Kmet (666 - 3.00)

At least until he pops positive again. ;)

TE - Kmet (666 - 3.00)

To be fair, cap tip to literally every FF writer who said Ertz had a 6-week freshness date. And I believe every one of them said some variant of this.

Yep, have been happy with ertz in a number of redraft leagues and this contest.
but yes, now I am definitely worried, mainly on redraft leagues, to lose earth production.

I had hopes on the $25 Javonte Williams... but that didn't pan out, but at least you may have some hope for a decent score at some point.... Us Williams owners are looking at $25 dead money at this point.

I feel your pain on my $20 MT selection. No use out of him other than Week 1

This is my biggest "$$ on bye" week... J Allen, D Cook, A Rob = $74

Thanks to ARI D and Blankenship for getting things off to a good start. If I can get one more halfway decent week out of J Wilson at RB to help me through I'd really appreciate it. And it's finally time for D Mills to step up and earn his $7 for the season... anything north of 20 I'll consider a job well done.

Still only 20% cut this week so I'm still feeling optimistic to make it through. We'll see how I feel once the game clocks start ticking...

To be fair, cap tip to literally every FF writer who said Ertz had a 6-week freshness date. And I believe every one of them said some variant of this.
yeah i mean hes pretty much dust at this point. catch and fall down. so you needed to rely on volume and tds. plus they drafted mcbride. you knew nuk was coming back. so he was a guy very very unlikely to be playing his best football in the playoffs when you need him most. for all those reasons he wasnt even remotely in play for me for this contest. and i roostered 5 TEs lol!

I just need Ertz to have a decent week next week with Kelce out.

Also, what's with the 2-point conversions? Ertz gets one, doesn't count in thsi contest, and now I've got Etienne with one that won't count, but his fumble will...

I just need Ertz to have a decent week next week with Kelce out.

Also, what's with the 2-point conversions? Ertz gets one, doesn't count in thsi contest, and now I've got Etienne with one that won't count, but his fumble will...
No player is awarded points during a 2-pt conversion. Also, no player gets negative points for a lost fumble.

Ouch!
Amon-Ra St Brown is out with a concussion. I’m really thin on WR points so far this week - Not looking great with this latest news.

My only 2 players on Thursday were Blankenship and the ARI D - good for 28 points
Today I am getting whaled on.

Zeke with 2 TD is great. Andrews shut down against Cleveland was a heavy blow.

Glad to be on the AZ Blank party bus this week

Users who are viewing this thread