What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

Kern is also a PS signing. I don’t think Siposs is coming back this year so they are probably going to use his 3 call ups before having to sign him to the active roster. Gives them some flexibility the next few weeks with the slot opened up by Siposs going on IR.

I love what Hurts is doing this year, the bar has been raised. The question is, will he ever reach this level again or will we spend the next 5 years chasing this type of performance only to be disappointed. At least with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert and Burrow they have put together multiple seasons of good QB play.
Well ya, I don't think anyone is expecting him to be exactly this long term.... but he doesn't have to be. I'd take all 4 of those guys easily over him even though THIS year he is better than all of them. But that's why I asked you that.... predicting him to drop off, who do you take over him? He's still top 10 even with a pretty big drop off. With our talent around him, I'm thrilled if we have say, the 9th best qb in the league.

What are the chances we can keep sanders? Really hope we can keep him and give him a decent raise. Dude deserves it
Depends on how much he thinks he can make on the market. A lot of big name FA RBs next year.

Jacobs, Barkley, Pollard, Hunt

If he thinks he can ride the wave to big money, he'll be gone. If there's not enough teams to sign all those RBs, he should come back at a decent raise.

I love what Hurts is doing this year, the bar has been raised. The question is, will he ever reach this level again or will we spend the next 5 years chasing this type of performance only to be disappointed. At least with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert and Burrow they have put together multiple seasons of good QB play.
Well ya, I don't think anyone is expecting him to be exactly this long term.... but he doesn't have to be. I'd take all 4 of those guys easily over him even though THIS year he is better than all of them. But that's why I asked you that.... predicting him to drop off, who do you take over him? He's still top 10 even with a pretty big drop off. With our talent around him, I'm thrilled if we have say, the 9th best qb in the league.

Cam Newton. Won the MVP at 26. Benched at 30. Out of the league at 33.

Carson Wentz. MVP front-runner at 25. Benched at 28. On his way out of the league at 30.

Like I said before, this may be the best he'll ever be.

Carson Wentz. MVP front-runner at 25. Benched at 28. On his way out of the league at 30.

You coulda said the same about Mahomes or any QB though for that matter. I don't think anyone is questioning that this is an unpredictable league and anything can happen. But as of now, he's a top 5 QB in the league and every other qb has the same chance to drop off as he does. Yes I'd rather about 5 other QB's over him, but not sure how you can be anything less than extremely impressed and excited about him. If he pulls a Cam or Carson then we move on.

Quinn’s roster spot went to DL Janarius Robinson who is coming off IR, and they also waived Andre Chachere, who I guess could come back to the PS and be a call-up because that really leaves them thin at Safety now. Unless they are going to sign one (Anthony Harris?)
Week delayed (Blankenship injury probably clinched it), but Harris is officially back.

With Maddox already back on the 53, and Goedert due ti be back this week, someone has to get cut or go to IR.
Official signing of Harris is to the PS, so he’ll be a call up, at least for this week (and eligible for 3 call-ups total.)

He was on our PS to open the season after his underwhelming 2021 season 2022 training camp, and then asked to be released so he could sign with the DEN practice squad, where he eventually got signed to their active roster. So temper your expectations. I’ll be happy if he can be better than Wallace for a couple weeks, before we get Blankenship and CJGJ back.
Anything is better than Kvon. I wouldn't cry if it is he they need to cut, but I doubt its him b/c no depth if Harris gets hurt these next couple weeks.

When it comes to the Eagles future I'm less concerned about a possible Hurts drop-off than I am the rest of the roster. There's a lot of pieces in place that are most likely this year only or getting older. That's why I'd take that devil deal that came up earlier for a SB this season, because who knows what we'll have next year. Could be holes at RB, CB, LB, safety, d-line. They can't resign everyone. Not saying they go back to being a bad team, but I'm not expecting this level of dominance next year unless Howie works some crazy magic again.

When it comes to the Eagles future I'm less concerned about a possible Hurts drop-off than I am the rest of the roster. There's a lot of pieces in place that are most likely this year only or getting older. That's why I'd take that devil deal that came up earlier for a SB this season, because who knows what we'll have next year. Could be holes at RB, CB, LB, safety, d-line. They can't resign everyone. Not saying they go back to being a bad team, but I'm not expecting this level of dominance next year unless Howie works some crazy magic again.
I'd take that deal if I had an incompetent GM that can't manage the salary cap like that dude down in Tennessee. But we got Howie Roseman, the revolutionary GM that popularized NFL trades in the league. Trades didn't happen as much they are happening today until after Howie Roseman came into the league.

It all just kills me. Why is it not ok to be wrong about a player? How many of these same people play FFB and are wrong about dozens of players every single year? I’ll never understand the doubling down.
Exactly. I HATED the Hurts pick. I didn't think he was a good enough QB to be our franchise QB. What is so awful about being wrong? The NFL is a fluid league... things change so fast, unexpected crazy outcomes happen both individually and to teams.

It doesn't make you less of a person to be wrong about an assessment of a player. If anything, it makes you a better person for being able to admit it. And especially to enjoy it if it's your own team.

You might still be right about Hurts. Wentz put together a great year and he flamed out. Cam Newton won an MVP and never achieved the same success. We'll see...
I could be yes. ANything can happen, it's the NFL. But as of now, there's not 10 other QB's in the league I'd prefer over him. I'd take Allen, Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers?, over him in a 1 for 1 trade probably.

Let me ask you this and no dancing around the question. If you were Howie and all 31 teams offered you a straight up 1 for 1 trade of their QB for Hurts, which ones would you say yes to?

Based off what he did this season, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert. But I don't know if he'll ever be as good as he is this year again. He'll need to be even better when he's making $40-50M per year and we have to get rid of 3 or 4 really good starters to accommodate his salary.

My issue is I don't think he'll ever live up to a contract like that. He's also had one playoff game his whole career. Hurts issue for his career is consistency. Do you want to pay him that much and loose 4-5 better players possible and be possible stuck with him ala Cousins? We aren't desperate we just won a SB 5 yrs ago so. My theory always been strike while the iron is hot with Hurts. Trade him and let some other team make that risk and get desperate. With the overall team we have a Game Manager doesn't run us out of contention.

It all just kills me. Why is it not ok to be wrong about a player? How many of these same people play FFB and are wrong about dozens of players every single year? I’ll never understand the doubling down.
Exactly. I HATED the Hurts pick. I didn't think he was a good enough QB to be our franchise QB. What is so awful about being wrong? The NFL is a fluid league... things change so fast, unexpected crazy outcomes happen both individually and to teams.

It doesn't make you less of a person to be wrong about an assessment of a player. If anything, it makes you a better person for being able to admit it. And especially to enjoy it if it's your own team.

You might still be right about Hurts. Wentz put together a great year and he flamed out. Cam Newton won an MVP and never achieved the same success. We'll see...
I could be yes. ANything can happen, it's the NFL. But as of now, there's not 10 other QB's in the league I'd prefer over him. I'd take Allen, Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers?, over him in a 1 for 1 trade probably.

Let me ask you this and no dancing around the question. If you were Howie and all 31 teams offered you a straight up 1 for 1 trade of their QB for Hurts, which ones would you say yes to?

Based off what he did this season, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert. But I don't know if he'll ever be as good as he is this year again. He'll need to be even better when he's making $40-50M per year and we have to get rid of 3 or 4 really good starters to accommodate his salary.
I would say Hurts is in the top 6 easily. Outside of the 4 you listed, Lamar Jackson is the only other one who pops out that could go above Hurts. The rest of the QBs in the league are all either unproven, aging or just not that good. But you put any of those other 5 guys on this Eagles team and I bet they would be having ridiculous seasons as well. The Eagles team is completely loaded everywhere and none of the other QBs have that luxury. Obviously a trade straight up for Mahomes or Allen is a no brainer since they're proven young studs. Not sure about all of the other guys since Hurts has shown great accuracy and is more mobile than the others (other than Lamar).

I would take Hurts 7 days a week and twice on Sundays before I ever touched Lamar Jackson. He's probably the most overrate QB out there right now and he sucks as a teammate. I don't think Lamar was ever that great. Hurts is a way better person then Lamar and teammate. I'm not a fan of Hurts passing ability but the only think Lamar has over Hurts is a rocket of an arm. you just don't know where Lamar is throwing too.

I'd trade him for Herbert who I was wrong about straight up Allen Mahomes and Burrow. Even Tua IMHO. I also think a lot of people underrate Derek Carr he's just been in a terrible situation. I'd probably want something else included like a pick swap and such but that would only be because of both performances this year and I'd be trading Hurts at a high price and cheaper deal.

I would say Hurts is in the top 6 easily. Outside of the 4 you listed, Lamar Jackson is the only other one who pops out that could go above Hurts. The rest of the QBs in the league are all either unproven, aging or just not that good. But you put any of those other 5 guys on this Eagles team and I bet they would be having ridiculous seasons as well. The Eagles team is completely loaded everywhere and none of the other QBs have that luxury. Obviously a trade straight up for Mahomes or Allen is a no brainer since they're proven young studs. Not sure about all of the other guys since Hurts has shown great accuracy and is more mobile than the others (other than Lamar).

They were also pretty consistent in College. Something Hurts never was and even transferred. His best year come in a backyard football conference. I know the Hurts Stans will use he never had the same Offense each year but that happens constantly in college. He was benched multiple times for a guy in the league who was a top 5 pick and coming into his own this year despite some injuries. Thats why I say trade Hurts fora high price now. One guy who IMHO I don't think will ever be elite is worth losing 4-5 guys over the next 3 season for who would be better for the team.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...st-preposterous-batch-jalen-hurts-numbers-yet

1. Hurts on Sunday lowered his career interception ratio to one every 60.5 attempts on 16 interceptions in 968 passes. He passed Patrick Mahomes - who threw three INTs Sunday - and now has the 4th-best interception ratio in NFL history among quarterbacks who’ve thrown at least 500 passes. Hurts has had 10 games this year where he’s thrown 25 or more passes without an interception. Only four QBs have had more in a season (Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, Jason Campbell).

2. Along similar lines, Hurts’ interception ratio this year – one INT every 129 attempts – is 6th-best in NFL history (minimum 300 pass attempts) with four weeks to go. Only Aaron Rodgers three times and Tom Brady and Nick Foles once apiece have had a better interception ratio in any season in NFL history.
Advertisement
Eagles find a three-time Pro Bowl punter to replace Arryn Siposs
18H ago
Thin at safety, Eagles might turn to familiar face
20H ago
Eagles searching for punter after Siposs injury
22H ago

3. With three more touchdowns – two passing, one rushing – Hurts increased his season total to 32, already the 5th-most in franchise history and just five off the franchise record of 35 set in 1990 by Randall Cunningham. Also over 30: Donovan McNabb in 2004 (34), Carson Wentz in 2017 (33), Sonny Jurgensen in 1961 (32) and Norm Snead in 1967 (31).

4. Hurts is only the second quarterback in NFL history to lead a team to a 12-1 record before his 25th birthday. In 1984, Dan Marino – still only 23 – led the Dolphins to a 12-1 record. They lost their 14th game to the Raiders, falling to 12-2. So if the Eagles beat the Bears, Hurts becomes the only quarterback to go 13-1 before his 25th birthday.

5. Hurts extended his streak of games with a passser rating of at least 94 to eight straight, now two more than Carson Wentz had in 2018. Hurts’ streak is 12th-longest in NFL history and longest since Matt Ryan of the Falcons had a 94 rating or higher in 10 straight games in 2018. The longest such streaks of all-time belong to Steve Young in 1994 and 1995 and Peyton Manning in 2004 with 14 games in a row.

6. In his last eight games, Hurts has completed 68 percent of his passes, thrown for 225 yards per game with 18 touchdowns and one interception and recorded a 115.9 passer rating. Not only is that highest in the NFL over the last eight games – Joe Burrow is next-highest at 111.0 – it’s second-highest in Eagles history over any eight-game span. Here’s a look at the top eight-game stretches in Eagles history:

126.3 ... Nick Foles, Week 9-16, 2013
115.9 ... Jalen Hurts, Week 6-13, 2022
110.6 ... Carson Wentz, Week 4-11, 2017
109.7 ... Donovan McNabb, Week 6-13, 2004
109.6 ... Carson Wentz, Week 1-8, 2018

7. With touchdown passes of 33 yards to A.J. Brown and 41 yards to DeVonta Smith, Hurts increased his total of 25-yard TD passes this year to 11, tied with Derek Carr for most in the league this year and most by an Eagles quarterback since Randall Cunningham threw 12 in 1987. Sonny Jurgensen holds the franchise record for 25-yard TDs in a season with 14, which he did in both 1961 and 1962. Tommy Thompson in 1948, Norm Van Brocklin in 1960 and Norm Snead in 1967 had 12. Hurts had three TD passes of at least 25 yards against the Titans and two more Sunday, making him the first Eagle QB with consecutive games with multiple 25-yard touchdowns since Nick Foles against the Raiders and Packers in 2013 and the fourth in history. Before that, Tommy Thompson did it against the Giants and Boston Yanks in 1948, Ron Jaworski vs. the Giants and Cards in 1977 and Donovan McNabb against the Packers and Cowboys in 2006,
Advertisement

8. Hurts’ 10th rushing touchdown of the season made him the first quarterback in NFL history with consecutive seasons with 10 or more rushing touchdowns. The only other QB with more than one season with 10 rushing TDs is Cam Newton, who did it three times – but never twice in a row (2011, 2015, 2020). Only 10 other players in Eagles history have scored 10 TDs in a season twice, and the only other ones to do it in consecutive years are Steve Van Buren (1947-49), Pete Pihos (1953, 1954), Tommy McDonald (1959-62, Timmy Brown (1962-64, Wilbert Montgomery (1978-81, Ricky Watters (1995, 1996) and Brian Westbrook (2006-08).

9. With 14 more rushing yards, Hurts will join Lamar Jackson, Cam Newton and Michael Vick as the fourth quarterback in NFL history with 700 rushing yards in two seasons. Only Robert Griffin III in 2012 and Lamar Jackson in 2019 have had 700 rushing yards in a season and a passer rating over 100.

10. Hurts and A.J. Brown have connected on six TD passes of 25 yards or more in their first season playing together. That’s the most by any Eagles quarterback-receiver duo since Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens hit on seven touchdowns of at least 25 yards in 2004, and it’s two shy of the franchise record of eight 25-yard TDs set in 1962 by Hall of Famers Sonny Jurgensen and Tommy McDonald. Other Eagles combos with seven in a season: Tommy Thompson to Pete Pihos in 1948, Norm Van Brocklin to McDonald in 1960, Jurgsensen to McDonald in 1961, Norm Snead to Ben Hawkins in 1967 and Randall Cunningham to Mike Quick in 1987.

What are the chances we can keep sanders? Really hope we can keep him and give him a decent raise. Dude deserves it

Next to non unless he goes on the market doesn't see what he wants and comes back on the cheap. You don't sign RBs to huge deals. Short shelf life. I see Eagles running him into the ground next few weeks and say thanks for your services. We can find a cheap alternative in the draft and if we need to sign a vet for Cheap.

Case Keenum led his team to the NFCC game after being a journeyman, had a good season in Den following season before traded to WAS and riding the pine since.

Lamar is going down the Cam Newton Route

Colin Kaepernick is another great example. SF thought they had their guy and traded Alex Smith. CK became a dumpster fire got in fights with teammates after banging their girlfriends and then tried to pull a publicity stunt to save his job. Hasn't played since.

Andrew Luck league MVP only to retire by 3O

My issue is I don't think he'll ever live up to a contract like that. He's also had one playoff game his whole career. Hurts issue for his career is consistency. Do you want to pay him that much and loose 4-5 better players possible and be possible stuck with him ala Cousins? We aren't desperate we just won a SB 5 yrs ago so. My theory always been strike while the iron is hot with Hurts. Trade him and let some other team make that risk and get desperate. With the overall team we have a Game Manager doesn't run us out of contention.

If Howie can draft better, we should be able to replace those players with younger cost-controlled replacements. Also, Howie's MO is to bring in vet guys on cheaper 1 year deals. He seems to hit on them in bunches. I could see the Eagles winning it all this year, being good the next couple of years and then Howie hits on a bunch of 1 year deal players and we win another one. Then when Hurts is due for his third contract we move on from him.

If Howie can draft better, we should be able to replace those players with younger cost-controlled replacements. Also, Howie's MO is to bring in vet guys on cheaper 1 year deals. He seems to hit on them in bunches. I could see the Eagles winning it all this year, being good the next couple of years and then Howie hits on a bunch of 1 year deal players and we win another one. Then when Hurts is due for his third contract we move on from him.
The city almost burnt down b/c we didn't keep Foles and in this scenario we jettison the guy who brings us 2 more? Players might burn the city down if that actually happens.

Depends on how much he thinks he can make on the market. A lot of big name FA RBs next year.

If he thinks he can ride the wave to big money, he'll be gone. If there's not enough teams to sign all those RBs, he should come back at a decent raise.
Fwiw, I’d be shocked if Pollard doesn’t get tagged

I assume Zeke is getting cut after this season? He has a 16.7M cap hit for 2023 but you can save 10M with a post June 1 cut designation on him.

EDIT: It's moot anyway, Pollard would be looking for a payday. We'd be looking at a cheap 1 year deal type back, not those top guys. I bet Howie takes a RB in the 3rd this year.

Last edited:

Could problem is I think we got very lucky with how we got rid of cast offs and such. Give him ton of credit but a few of these GM's should've been fired for deals they made with Roseman. My issue is you resign Hurts are you then letting go of Goadert, Devonta, Maddox, Sweat, and others who I feel are more important at this point then Hurts who has never been consistent? We've had issues drafting WRs I'd like to keep Devonte and those others. What about Jordan Davis and possible Nakobe Dean who will replace either TJ Edwards or White next year full time? A bad contract at QB can kill a team big time.

I get what you are saying and as long as Stoutland is here not worried about losing Oline guys for now.

I'd trade him for Herbert who I was wrong about straight up Allen Mahomes and Burrow. Even Tua IMHO.
:lmao:
Spends every Monday on an anti-hurts tear.

Says there's only 5 QBs in the world that he'd take over him.
Eagles aren't trading Hurts. That is the silliest most insane thing I've heard. The locker room would be crushed. AJ Brown would be a shell and would (rightfully) demand a trade. Yes, Hurts might not keep this up, no kidding. Or, he might. This is literally the first time since High School he's had the same offensive system for 2 years in a row, and oh wow look. Every professional NFL analyst is saying how much growth he's had and that he's playing at a high level - so yea, some people can't get past the preconceived bias, but Hurts is literally doing everything we complained that he wasn't doing last year. Throwing deep, middle of the field, reading defenses, reducing turnovers, completing a higher percentage of his passes.

He's better at using his WR's then Wentz ever was. Cam Newton? Lazy comparison - in Cam's MVP year he was sub-60% passer, with double digit interceptions. He just had 45 TD's, so yea. Hurts isnt showing those flaws that were always there with Cam.

The city almost burnt down b/c we didn't keep Foles and in this scenario we jettison the guy who brings us 2 more? Players might burn the city down if that actually happens.

People didn't realize Foles was a career back up. If you look at his numbers in the regular season when he took over for Wentz and following the SB he put up below avg numbers. Foles got hot at the right time. Happy for the guy but glad some of these people in this city aren't running the sports teams.

I'd trade him for Herbert who I was wrong about straight up Allen Mahomes and Burrow. Even Tua IMHO.
:lmao:
Spends every Monday on an anti-hurts tear.

Says there's only 5 QBs in the world that he'd take over him.
Eagles aren't trading Hurts. That is the silliest most insane thing I've heard. The locker room would be crushed. AJ Brown would be a shell and would (rightfully) demand a trade. Yes, Hurts might not keep this up, no kidding. Or, he might. This is literally the first time since High School he's had the same offensive system for 2 years in a row, and oh wow look. Every professional NFL analyst is saying how much growth he's had and that he's playing at a high level - so yea, some people can't get past the preconceived bias, but Hurts is literally doing everything we complained that he wasn't doing last year. Throwing deep, middle of the field, reading defenses, reducing turnovers, completing a higher percentage of his passes.

He's better at using his WR's then Wentz ever was. Cam Newton? Lazy comparison - in Cam's MVP year he was sub-60% passer, with double digit interceptions. He just had 45 TD's, so yea. Hurts isnt showing those flaws that were always there with Cam.

Hes also not a giant ahole like cam is

I assume Zeke is getting cut after this season? He has a 16.7M cap hit for 2023 but you can save 10M with a post June 1 cut designation on him.

EDIT: It's moot anyway, Pollard would be looking for a payday. We'd be looking at a cheap 1 year deal type back, not those top guys. I bet Howie takes a RB in the 3rd this year.
Zeke gone is a no brainer. Gotta factor in the ego of Jerry and people like him and his superpowerful friends never forget when you get one over on them, especially if they have a replacement for you. They might offer him a vet min 1 year deal haha, but there is zero chance in my personal opinion that they bring Zeke back, especially with a deep RB class coming.

Also though, no chance in hell they are tagging Pollard, but then again I hedge against making dumb salary cap moves and Dallas seems to enjoy those sometimes. The tag for RB's was $9.5M this year, and obviously will be much higher next year with a deep crop of FA RBs to be paid.

Also screw Dallas haha

Also screw Dallas haha
The Dallas Cowboys have been brought up in pretty much every page of this thread for the last couple months. And not by Cowboys fans :lol:
Almost as much as Cowboys players going to IR each week.
These quotes are funny to me. Its the last dying salvos oftentimes "casuals" bring up like these:

Well, Cowboys franchise is worth the most.

Well, seems the public loves Cowboys b/c ratings of a game were very high

Well, bottom line, the Cowboys, no matter what, win loss or tie, will *STILL* be talked about by everyone.

I grew up with nothing but Cowboys fans in my generation of family members. They are annoyingly also not self aware as well like a lot of the ones that annoy us. The difference is, and to answer your question I guess "Why ya'll talk about us so much" wtf cares really? I'm sure all of us on this thread have at minimum 1 friend and/or family member that "also" probably has never been to the state of Texas etc. Its just annoying I guess, its hard to explain. Look at all the "new" Patriot fans that you never heard of before the year 2000. Thats kind of like how we view your fanbase. Is what it is. This place is a "hardcore" football forum, which probably explains why our team thread is so long and your guys' is so short and not much action? You guys are the ONLY competition in the ENTIRE conference to us, and its not super close. So, be proud the best team and its fanbase is still talking about you I guess? Its either "they can't stop talking about us" or "They don't give X Player enough credit" every single year. It gets old. If you wanna believe Diggs is the 2nd coming of Deion, go for it! Caring too much about what others say is SUCH a Cowboys thing.

It’s either "they can't stop talking about us" or "They don't give X Player enough credit" every single year. Caring too much about what others say is SUCH a Cowboys thing.
Jesus H Christ :lmao:

Much of this thread recently is nothing but

“So and so said Hurts is a game manager!”
“Look at Hurts stats haters!”
“How can anyone doubt the Eagles?!?! Zomg we are the best you HATERS!”
“No one respects us!!!!!”
“Ranked #1 in this , #2 in that, if you can’t see Jalen is the mvp you’re crazy!!”

No one posts stuff like that in the Cowboys thread ( cue the “that’s cuz no one posts in that thread” line). I’m usually harder on the Cowboys than they probably deserve actually.

You all have a good team and your QB is playing well. None of it matters until the tournament starts as Coach Parcells used to say. You’ll probably beat Dallas in a few weeks and maybe again in the playoffs. You should, you’ll be favored

I hope you guys like seeing RB get mocked to you, because I fully expect every mocker out there to be doing this all spring. "OMG, imagine adding Jahmyr Gibbs to this offense".

I hope you guys like seeing RB get mocked to you, because I fully expect every mocker out there to be doing this all spring. "OMG, imagine adding Jahmyr Gibbs to this offense".
I like Sanders, but I think they'll let him test FA and see if he gets paid. If he comes back at a reasonable deal then sure.

It’s either "they can't stop talking about us" or "They don't give X Player enough credit" every single year. Caring too much about what others say is SUCH a Cowboys thing.
Jesus H Christ :lmao:

Much of this thread recently is nothing but

“So and so said Hurts is a game manager!”
“Look at Hurts stats haters!”
“How can anyone doubt the Eagles?!?! Zomg we are the best you HATERS!”
“No one respects us!!!!!”
“Ranked #1 in this , #2 in that, if you can’t see Jalen is the mvp you’re crazy!!

No one posts stuff like that in the Cowboys thread ( cue the “that’s cuz no one posts in that thread” line). I’m usually harder on the Cowboys than they probably deserve actually.

You all have a good team and your QB is playing well. None of it matters until the tournament starts as Coach Parcells used to say. You’ll probably beat Dallas in a few weeks and maybe again in the playoffs. You should, you’ll be favored
Stuff like the bolded is fun, its betting/odds talk. What is not fun is talking about which Billionaire is the richest. Or what team generates ratings, as some sort of lame last ditch "trump card" of sorts, Its lame and really you guys are the only ones that kinda do that stuff.

But Yeah, my same Cowboys cousins say similar things to me like "7-0 isn't winning you a playoff game nothing matters until then" aight. That was when we were 7-0 though. Its a very sleight of hand moving of goalposts, but its a nice move. But the regular season DOES matter to getting the #1 seed and all. We are busy arguing with our own favorite hater fan in here for the most part, but sure. Coming off a 48-22 beatdown of a divisional opponent and not even really needing a bunch of turnovers make talking about the games boring, and the conference being as down as it is, kind makes talking about anyone outside our own division also boring. Self awareness and all. Not you per se, I don't blame you coming on over and trying to stir things up. No one responds to me in that thread b/c asking questions probably seems like "hate"

But why do you think the Eagles were able to get 2 quality DTs that play different roles, after you guys traded for a guy like Hankins? Or I guess the question is, why didn't you guys just sign one of those guys instead of wasting draft capital?

Yeah its crazy how guys like Todd McShay can be "draft gurus" but also not know anything about how a team builds their teams and for instance, is mocking Bijan to the Eagles. Never. Gonna. Happen. Not how we value the position. Miles in the 2nd was kind of a shock at the time.

GTFO. Your talking about consistency for a guy in his SECOND year, who's been consistently good to GREAT all year....who AGAIN has the same OC for a repeat year for the first time since HS. Yet you'd rather move him for some other young QB who has played at a lesser level this year?

Seriously? The discussion was about who we would even remotely consider trading him for straight up. Most have very short lists, and reservations about doing so even then. You basically say we SHOULD trade him because he's inconsistent?! What Qb has ever been more consistent through 22 or so starts? Who in their right mind WANTS to trade the MVP frontrunner?

Last edited:
We ain't even won the SB yet and we already talking about the off-season. The Eagles will get pillaged and raped in the upcoming off-season.

Shane Steichen could be gone.
Jonathan Gannon could be gone.
Jeff Stoutland could be gone.

Suh, Kelce, Joseph, and Graham could be retired.

I see 21 upcoming free agents including Sanders, Seumalo, Dillard, Hargrave, Bradberry, Gardner-Johnson, K. White, and Edwards.

Hurts is getting paid somewhere north of $45 mil/yr.

We won't even recognize this team next season. Maybe we should have taken the deal with the devil. @The Noid

Oh almost forgot F**K Dallas!

We ain't even won the SB yet and we already talking about the off-season. The Eagles will get pillaged and raped in the upcoming off-season.

I see 21 upcoming free agents including Sanders, Seumalo, Dillard, Hargrave, Bradberry, Gardner-Johnson, K. White, and Edwards.

We won't even recognize this team next season. Maybe we should have taken the deal with the devil. @The Noid

Where's Stoutland going?

Where's Stoutland going?
Yeah. I can see the others moving on, but Stout has been here thru multiple regimes. Not sure he is going anywhere. The Free Agents are what they are. We have Howie. We won't get 100% what we want but usually he is the man when it comes to this stuff. A lot of the vets/older guys won't be back and if they are, its a restructured deal to help along the way. No one "ever" predicts the restructures, and every year its "how can they afford XYZ" also cap is going up significantly next year too, so that also helps.

GTFO. Your talking about consistency for a guy in his SECOND year, who's been consistently good to GREAT all year....who AGAIN has the same OC for a repeat year for the first time since HS. Yet you'd rather move him for some other young QB who has played at a lesser level this year?

Seriously? The discussion was about who we would even remotely consider trading him for straight up. Most have very short lists, and reservations about doing so even then. You basically say we SHOULD trade him because he's inconsistent?! What Qb has ever been more consistent through 22 or so starts? Who in their right mind WANTS to trade the MVP frontrunner?

That's borderline insanity

I know we got 2 first round picks including a top 7 pick. Why the hell would we pick a rb that high? Who are we? Dallas?

I know we got 2 first round picks including a top 7 pick. Why the hell would we pick a rb that high? Who are we? Dallas?
Funny you say this, I'm literally just reading an ESPN mock that has us taking a RB at 5. No way.

GTFO.
He’s not going to GTFO this thread as long as you and others engage him.

GTFO.
That's not true. He will talk and post novels even when no one replies or reads.

My friend from high school met Jaken Hurts yesterday. This is what she wrote on Facebook:

“Wow, what a great day! Jalen Hurts, superstar Eagles QB visited me at my work site and gifted a signed jersey and Eagles tickets! My employer, Operation HOPE, and my program’s grant provider, Truist Bank, have a partnership with the NFL and they chose me for this fantastic experience, recognizing my work with the community in financial literacy education and financial counseling.

Jalen is such a nice guy and was gracious and attentive. He had fantastic direct eye contact and gave me a hug! He even high-fived [my son], who is a huge fan.”

GTFO.
Not sure I really want him to. He's a good poster and a good fan.....but he has a giant bias and blind spot with Hurts

Don't want to hijack the thread as a non-Eagles fan (Bengals fan coming in peace), but I have a rather large bet on the Eagles to win the NFC East from before the season started.

How are people feeling about closing strong and winning the division? 4 games left: at Bears, at Cowboys, vs Saints, vs Giants

Favored by 9 this week at Bears. Eagles will definitely be favored against the Saints and Giants (hopefully won't matter anyways), the Cowboys game, I could see close to a pick em, but that one is really going to be the make or break game. Are Eagles going to be as motivated as I would think the Cowboys would be in that one? Eagles-Cowboys tie breaker scenario's scare me if Cowboys beat them.

GTFO.
Not sure I really want him to. He's a good poster and a good fan.....but he has a giant bias and blind spot with Hurts
At this point, its a science experiment for me if people ever change their opinion despite all facts. Sports/numbers usually tend to be more fact based than "other realms" where reality sort of is lost, so I'm hoping for the best!

Don't want to hijack the thread as a non-Eagles fan (Bengals fan coming in peace), but I have a rather large bet on the Eagles to win the NFC East from before the season started.

How are people feeling about closing strong and winning the division? 4 games left: at Bears, at Cowboys, vs Saints, vs Giants

Favored by 9 this week at Bears. Eagles will definitely be favored against the Saints and Giants (hopefully won't matter anyways), the Cowboys game, I could see close to a pick em, but that one is really going to be the make or break game. Are Eagles going to be as motivated as I would think the Cowboys would be in that one? Eagles-Cowboys tie breaker scenario's scare me if Cowboys beat them.
I love the Eagles chances of beating the Bears, Saints, and Giants. If they do that, it won't matter what happens in the Cowboys game - the Eagles would still win the division with a Christmas Eve loss.

Eagles are the best team in the NFC. They'll win the NFC East. The Chicago and Cowboys games are going to be tough since it will be the second and third straight road games.

I saw an article from 2017 and here were the numbers for the last game of three straight road games: "Over the last three years, the team in the third consecutive road game is 13-23 straight up and 11-23-2 against the spread. Over the last five years, they are 20-33 straight up, and 22-29-2 against the spread. Finally, over the last ten years, they are 35-69 straight up, and 46-55-3 against the spread." According to NFL Network since 2018, teams with 3 straight road games are 22-11. So far in 2022 teams with 3 straight road games are 2-6. GB went 0-3, KC is 1-1, MIA is 0-2 and PHI is 1-0. This week for Philly is a huge game, they have to win this week.

Users who are viewing this thread