What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Lakers blame refs for blowing 20-point lead (11 Viewers)

I'm looking to take my son to the Suns-Wolves game in Phoenix. I haven't bought NBA tickets in years and don't really have any networking options offering tickets.

What's the best way to buy NBA tickets nowadays?
Probably through Ticketmaster, unfortunately. At least you know they'll be legitimate.
Was hoping that wasn't the answer but I appreciate it.
What did you think would be the answer? Looks like there are tons of tickets left, FYI

This is gonna be a nuts finish. I'm way too nervous. We cant touch boston.
yeah that wasn't necessarily fun. And I kind of have to disagree with the end part, both these teams can really be a pain in the butt playing them. Embiid and Maxxey won't play this bad again, and The Heat can just be a pain in the butt to drag that series out a bit. Boston has a bye for the 2nd round though, so they will be able to rest up there

I'm looking to take my son to the Suns-Wolves game in Phoenix. I haven't bought NBA tickets in years and don't really have any networking options offering tickets.

Probably through Ticketmaster, unfortunately. At least you know they'll be legitimate.
What did you think would be the answer? Looks like there are tons of tickets left, FYI
I honestly don't know. For the last like ten years all tickets I've ever gotten for sporting events have been through some corporate connection, partial season tickets, or friends with season tickets. I legit cannot recall the last time I've just purchased straight single game tickets.

Thought maybe, given the hatred of Ticketmaster for the last decade plus, some new service came about. :shrug:

And man Tony Brothers please just ref your Celtics' games for the first 2 rounds then go away for the off-season

It’s wild that Klay’s last game in Golden State resulted in 0 points.
The Athletic's Warriors insider thinks they'll offer him 2/40 or 3/60. He ended up with much better numbers on the season than I thought he had before I looked them up, but that contract would still be pretty crazy and I can't imagine anyone else being willing to offer him more than the midlevel exemption. So I think there's a pretty good chance he's back.
Idk most people seem to think he’s gone. GS is way over the tax for an extremely mediocre team but maybe they do it for sweet sentiments. I’m afraid the Magic offer him an idiot contract to solve the shooting issues.
People are assuming that someone will throw a bag at him because he's Klay Thompson, but no one seems to have stopped and thought about who that might be. Are the Magic really going to offer him 3/75 or something? I think that's his only real hope. The Sixers and Thunder are good teams with cap space but I think those GMs are way too savvy to overpay Thompson.
Pistons have a giant pile of salary cap space that nobody is really going to want to take and are dumb enough to do it
Fontecchio seems like a good guy to keep around if he isn't too expensive. Miles Bridges would be a decent fit as well - the relative obscurity of Pistons basketball would be a good place to avoid the backlash of signing such a pile of **** person. I feel like Monte Morris was a good fit, he was just hurt, so chasing him again or somebody like Tyus Jones makes some sense on a short deal. Luke Kennard would be a nice fit offensively to give Cade some spacing. Buddy Hield also sucks defensively, but he seems in it for the pay day and is one of the most prolific shooters in the NBA.

Outside of potentially Bridges, I think they should look for short term fixes to just provide spacing to Cade, Thompson, Duren, and Ivey to see if any of them are really going to be part of the next great Pistons team. They badly need a real PG to take some of the load off of Cade (Ivey has shown any of that yet).I f

I could see a rotation of Tyus Jones/Cade/Thompson/Bridges/Duren with a bench of Sasser/Ivey/Grimes/Fonteccio/Stewart at least being competitive enough to evaluate the team.
You should apply for the POBO job. This seems a lot more sensical than what they'll actually wind up doing.
I think the Pistons are one of the only organizations that you could put an intelligent fan in charge of, assuming no owner interference, and there is a possibility they could do better. The Hornets are the only other one now that the Wizards are attempting some sort of rebuild. Pretty much every other team in the NBA, you can follow the logic of what they are trying to do. The logic may have some bad inputs that are leading to ultimately bad decisions or results, but you can see how they got there.
I feel like you're talking directly to me.

It’s wild that Klay’s last game in Golden State resulted in 0 points.
The Athletic's Warriors insider thinks they'll offer him 2/40 or 3/60. He ended up with much better numbers on the season than I thought he had before I looked them up, but that contract would still be pretty crazy and I can't imagine anyone else being willing to offer him more than the midlevel exemption. So I think there's a pretty good chance he's back.
Idk most people seem to think he’s gone. GS is way over the tax for an extremely mediocre team but maybe they do it for sweet sentiments. I’m afraid the Magic offer him an idiot contract to solve the shooting issues.
People are assuming that someone will throw a bag at him because he's Klay Thompson, but no one seems to have stopped and thought about who that might be. Are the Magic really going to offer him 3/75 or something? I think that's his only real hope. The Sixers and Thunder are good teams with cap space but I think those GMs are way too savvy to overpay Thompson.
Pistons have a giant pile of salary cap space that nobody is really going to want to take and are dumb enough to do it
Fontecchio seems like a good guy to keep around if he isn't too expensive. Miles Bridges would be a decent fit as well - the relative obscurity of Pistons basketball would be a good place to avoid the backlash of signing such a pile of **** person. I feel like Monte Morris was a good fit, he was just hurt, so chasing him again or somebody like Tyus Jones makes some sense on a short deal. Luke Kennard would be a nice fit offensively to give Cade some spacing. Buddy Hield also sucks defensively, but he seems in it for the pay day and is one of the most prolific shooters in the NBA.

Outside of potentially Bridges, I think they should look for short term fixes to just provide spacing to Cade, Thompson, Duren, and Ivey to see if any of them are really going to be part of the next great Pistons team. They badly need a real PG to take some of the load off of Cade (Ivey has shown any of that yet).I f

I could see a rotation of Tyus Jones/Cade/Thompson/Bridges/Duren with a bench of Sasser/Ivey/Grimes/Fonteccio/Stewart at least being competitive enough to evaluate the team.
You should apply for the POBO job. This seems a lot more sensical than what they'll actually wind up doing.
I think the Pistons are one of the only organizations that you could put an intelligent fan in charge of, assuming no owner interference, and there is a possibility they could do better. The Hornets are the only other one now that the Wizards are attempting some sort of rebuild. Pretty much every other team in the NBA, you can follow the logic of what they are trying to do. The logic may have some bad inputs that are leading to ultimately bad decisions or results, but you can see how they got there.
I feel like you're talking directly to me.
Have you thought about a career change? Fewer meat raffles in Detroit though, I imagine.

I don’t agree with the rule forbidding two-way players from being able to be on play-in/play-off rosters. There should at least be an injury exception. For instance, the Bulls are down to only 10 healthy players. 9 if Caruso can’t play.

ESPN and Woj reporting Jimmy Butler expected to miss several weeks with his MCL injury.
That sucks. While I want the Celtics to win it all, I don't want it to happen because key players are hurt.

Bulls have a legit shot at the 8 seed. I would like to see Coby White get more love.

Hawks defense was embarrassing bad that quarter.

All season. They just don’t give a ****.
It appears the Atlanta Hawks and Trae Young have finally reached the "irreconcilable differences" stage of their relationship.
He just seems to not quite get the difference between putting up numbers and winning basketball. His 2 plays at the end of the half were bad last night. He gambled on defense at mid court with about 30 seconds left that led to a wide open 3 and then on their final possession he threw an unnecessary behind the back pass at the end of the clock to Murray that he couldn't catch cleanly and they didn't even get a shot off. Those plays are a microcosm of Trae's problems.

It appears the Atlanta Hawks and Trae Young have finally reached the "irreconcilable differences" stage of their relationship.
He just seems to not quite get the difference between putting up numbers and winning basketball. His 2 plays at the end of the half were bad last night. He gambled on defense at mid court with about 30 seconds left that led to a wide open 3 and then on their final possession he threw an unnecessary behind the back pass at the end of the clock to Murray that he couldn't catch cleanly and they didn't even get a shot off. Those plays are a microcosm of Trae's problems.
Genius move on his part. The more he looks like an overrated *******, the more likely it is Atlanta will trade him, and the lower the asking price is going to be. He is playing the long game. Or he is an overrated ******* that refuses to play defense. Hard to tell.

ESPN and Woj reporting Jimmy Butler expected to miss several weeks with his MCL injury.
That sucks. While I want the Celtics to win it all, I don't want it to happen because key players are hurt.

Bulls have a legit shot at the 8 seed. I would like to see Coby White get more love.
In theory, Boston should have a pretty easy path to the ECF. They'll either draw the banged-up Bulls or the Heat without Butler, and then the winner of the Cavs / Magic. I'd happily play any of those 4 opponents over any of the teams on the other side of the bracket (76ers, Knicks, Bucks, Pacers). They went 10-2 against the first set of teams this season and 11-6 against the second set. We've been saying it for months, it's time for them to put up or shut up.

I honestly don't know. For the last like ten years all tickets I've ever gotten for sporting events have been through some corporate connection, partial season tickets, or friends with season tickets. I legit cannot recall the last time I've just purchased straight single game tickets.

Thought maybe, given the hatred of Ticketmaster for the last decade plus, some new service came about. :shrug:
There are other services, but they’re the same thing. Seatgeek, stub hub, vivid seats, game time. Some have less fees. But they all suck.

I’m realizing how spoiled I am, same here, man. Other than local high school events, I haven’t paid for sporting event tickets but maybe twice my whole life and it’s been 20 years or more.

I go to 5 to 10 games a year between basketball baseball and football. I’m gonna try and hit some nationals games more this year

Last edited:
Reactions: Zow

There are other services, but they’re the same thing. Seatgeek, stub hub, vivid seats, game time. Some have less fees. But they all suck.
Went with Vivid. Just got the tickets in and they're still from Ticketmaster. :lmao:

Either way, my son will love it. I appreciate the input from everybody.

Last edited:
Please skip this post if you are uninterested in a Kings fan defending Sabonis's third team all NBA candidacy. But I just listened Simmons and Russilo dismiss him because he isn't one of the 15 best players in the league. I agree with that assertion as a general matter, but the dude definitely had one of the best 15 seasons in the league. Averaged 19.4/13.7 (led the league)/8.2 on efficient shooting. Most minutes and rebounds in the league and ranked 4th (4th!) in total assists as the best player on a 46 win team. There's the thought he's incapable of being on a reasonably proficient defense, but that argument has lost a lot of its force as the Kings closed the season as one of the 3 best defensive teams in the league after Huerter got replaced in the lineup. I know he has shortcomings as a player, for sure, but he's had an incredible year. /rant

Please skip this post if you are uninterested in a Kings fan defending Sabonis's third team all NBA candidacy. But I just listened Simmons and Russilo dismiss him because he isn't one of the 15 best players in the league. I agree with that assertion as a general matter, but the dude definitely had one of the best 15 seasons in the league. Averaged 19.4/13.7 (led the league)/8.2 on efficient shooting. Most minutes and rebounds in the league and ranked 4th (4th!) in total assists as the best player on a 46 win team. There's the thought he's incapable of being on a reasonably proficient defense, but that argument has lost a lot of its force as the Kings closed the season as one of the 3 best defensive teams in the league after Huerter got replaced in the lineup. I know he has shortcomings as a player, for sure, but he's had an incredible year. /rant
You don't have to rant or make a case for Sabonis for an All-NBA team. HIs numbers speak for themselves . . .

VORP - 6th, WS - 4th, WS/48 - 10th, Defensive WS - 11th, Offensive WS - 5th, PER - 11th, EFG% - 14th, TS% - 14th, Box +/- - 7th

I really like this Coby White kid. Bulls over Heat sounds neat.
Dude always plays like he’s OD’d on Adderal. Looks out of control of his body half the time

I agree with this from a few years ago but I think he’s made tremendous improvements in this regard. These improvements are why he’s a most improved candidate.
Eh, I watched the game last night and felt the same about him. He always seems all over the place

I really like this Coby White kid. Bulls over Heat sounds neat.
Dude always plays like he’s OD’d on Adderal. Looks out of control of his body half the time

I agree with this from a few years ago but I think he’s made tremendous improvements in this regard. These improvements are why he’s a most improved candidate.
Eh, I watched the game last night and felt the same about him. He always seems all over the place
You are just watching his hair then because his footwork is solid.

He's like a poor man's Sengun

Genius move on his part. The more he looks like an overrated *******, the more likely it is Atlanta will trade him, and the lower the asking price is going to be. He is playing the long game. Or he is an overrated ******* that refuses to play defense. Hard to tell.

I like the thought of him on San Antonio. He'd make a fun duo with Wemby.

He's like a poor man's Joker
Fixed... even with him having 1 more triple-double than Jokic this past season.

Dude is criminally underrated, and I'm no Kings fan.

Just joking around buddy. We were previously discussing upthread how everyone says he's a poor man's Joker.

Just joking around buddy. We were previously discussing upthread how everyone says he's a poor man's Joker.
I appreciate nirad proving my point about that comparison!

Stubhub?

I like the thought of him on San Antonio. He'd make a fun duo with Wemby.
Off-season is going to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread