What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Anarchy League 2 Draft Commentary (2 Viewers)

You want some commentary? These leagues blow chunks, they should have ended about 12 years ago, they are a giant waste of time, and all those that participate should have better things to do.
I know right? I mean who is the person responsible for this antiquated inbalanced scoring system anyways?

I could be napping.

Just had to take Diggs didn't you @Duckboy ?

:meltsrocks:
You really thought he would make it to 27?

Had a tough choice here between Kittle and Goedert. Pretty much flipped a coin - I think Goedert is more stable and might get more receptions but Kittle more likely to get big plays. Other receivers were likely better but to long for the next pick to be caught without a viable TE.

Had a tough choice here between Kittle and Goedert. Pretty much flipped a coin - I think Goedert is more stable and might get more receptions but Kittle more likely to get big plays. Other receivers were likely better but to long for the next pick to be caught without a viable TE.
I think I may need to ask Bia which players he wants to draft to alert people not to draft any of them. Diggs should have been available at Pick 91.

A girl can dream right?

Besides Diggs is a drama queen! I thought maybe possibly not really but maybe people might be turned off by that.

Allen to Diggs could have really tied the room together!

If someone else had picked him I likely wouldn't have said anything. This is personal! You always swipe the players I want. Your innocent platypus image not fooling me!

A girl can dream right?

Besides Diggs is a drama queen! I thought maybe possibly not really but maybe people might be turned off by that.

Allen to Diggs could have really tied the room together!

If someone else had picked him I likely wouldn't have said anything. This is personal! You always swipe the players I want. Your innocent platypus image not fooling me!
I won't accuse you of smoking crack, but Diggs went 15th overall LAST year. He was going to make it to you at 27? Sure, there are probably 2 or 3 guys in the league that aren't very bright and articulate, but you needed Diggs to fall 15 more spots to get to you. I mean, a bunch of us are dumb, but we're not stupid!

As usual your logic is beyond reproach and backhanded darts well placed.

This does not change the fact that tradition must be followed and Duckboy as my nemisis long established. Reason be damned!

You know I wasn't actually planning to go homer at 2.14 but y'all swiped all my pre-draft picks. Go Bears.

I went against the grain to take a 1st round quarterback. Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL on the team that is the most likely to play in the Super Bowl. Who could be a better player to build a season long (including the playoffs) team around.

When it came time for my 2nd round pick, I was focused on WR, with a look at TE. My top pick was Amon-Ra St. Brown, but @bro1ncos sniped him. Next on my list was Garrett Wilson, with consideration for K. Allen and Evan Engram. Took Wilson and lost my shot at Allen, taken next and then Engram was sniped one pick ahead of me by @CalBear. Engram came from Ole MIss, so what was that about. Settled for Tee Higgins, who dropped too far with his excellent playoff chances.

QB - Mahomes

WR - G. Wilson and T. Higgins

Not shabby to start

Obviously we're thinking along similar lines, because St. Brown was the last guy I had ahead of Allen. But, you might have known I would take Allen; if you'd taken him I'd probably have grabbed two TEs and you might have still gotten Wilson at 3.04.

yea, we read the same material so odds are good we value most players the same. i had autopicked Chubbs/Jacobs at the 2-16/3-01 turn about the time 2-05 pick went in and Chubbs got snagged one pick before at 2-15. I kind of saw that coming looking at the board, was hoping one more QB run late second round. That would have been a steal at the start of third round with Chubb.

yea, we read the same material so odds are good we value most players the same. i had autopicked Chubbs/Jacobs at the 2-16/3-01 turn about the time 2-05 pick went in and Chubbs got snagged one pick before at 2-15. I kind of saw that coming looking at the board, was hoping one more QB run late second round. That would have been a steal at the start of third round with Chubb.
We might have similar ideas about player projections but not necessarily about who should be picked where in Anarchy. Chubb was outscored by 12 WRs and 6 TEs last year; end of the second round is probably about right for him. Definitely a better deal there than some of the what-are-they-thinking RB picks up above.

Speaking of projections, whenever I need a quick laugh and a pick me up, I click on the PROJECTED STATS tab underneath PLAYER RESEARCH on the league site. My favorite WTF moment this year is the Colts throwing for 5,755 yards on 847 attempts. That's next level.
Whoa. I better get some horse shoes!

Speaking of projections, whenever I need a quick laugh and a pick me up, I click on the PROJECTED STATS tab underneath PLAYER RESEARCH on the league site. My favorite WTF moment this year is the Colts throwing for 5,755 yards on 847 attempts. That's next level.
It's really quite impressive how bad MFL has managed to remain over the years.

Pretty sure Sean Payton is secretly in our league. Clearly, he waited until I drafted Jeudy this morning and then called his number in practice with evil intentions. He was bringing in the cart before they even broke the huddle. Hopefully it's not too serious, but I am never a fan of hearing "carted off" in the title of articles.

through four rounds..........
QB1 - Kansas City Chiefs - Mahomes

WR1 - G. Wilson NYJ
WR2 - Tee Higgins CIN
WR3 - Brandon Aiyuk SFO

Three wide receivers that have solid playoff shots. Jets at 16-1 for Super Bowl, Cincinatti 10-1 and San Francisco 9-1. Obviously looked over some better players, with better situations, but I like my first four very much.

through four rounds..........
QB1 - Kansas City Chiefs - Mahomes

WR1 - G. Wilson NYJ
WR2 - Tee Higgins CIN
WR3 - Brandon Aiyuk SFO

Three wide receivers that have solid playoff shots. Jets at 16-1 for Super Bowl, Cincinatti 10-1 and San Francisco 9-1. Obviously looked over some better players, with better situations, but I like my first four very much.
As we all know, one of the determining factors for these leagues is health. If your guys stay healthy, they should do well. I am not convinced the Jets will be a playoff team, but so many Jets fans are putting money on them, they have become a Top 5 SB contender on sports books.

Three wide receivers that have solid playoff shots. J
i may have zagged too much but same reason i took the two rb's instead of the better receivers left on the board. seemed like the only two starting backs left on possible playoff teams.
There's the rub. Things don't usually turn out the way they look in the preseason. NE, PIT, TEN, LV, GB, LAR, and ARI were playoff teams in 2021 and were replaced by MIA, BAL, JAX, LAC, NYG, MIN, and SEA in 2022. Almost every year there are 5-6 different teams that make the playoffs vs. the prior season. That's what makes chasing playoff points interesting in these leagues.

I believe that we have officially established that @BassNBrew is indeed Brock Purdy's mom. He went for the drafting trifecta, selecting 49ers TMQB in each league.
May be off base but my boy Purdy was this 7th ranked QB week 10-18. I’m expecting another bomb from the playoff numbers this year

Sorry to hold up those in League 4. Had a tornado go through town last night literally just a few blocks south. We escaped with little to no damage but a lot of others weren’t so lucky. On generator power. Going out with my local emergency response team now. From the radio chatter this morning things aren’t so good south of me, hoping for the best for my friends and neighbors.

I’ll try to check into the draft when I can get a minute away.

Sorry to hold up those in League 4. Had a tornado go through town last night literally just a few blocks south. We escaped with little to no damage but a lot of others weren’t so lucky. On generator power. Going out with my local emergency response team now. From the radio chatter this morning things aren’t so good south of me, hoping for the best for my friends and neighbors.

Life comes first. Best of thoughts for your area.

Be safe.

I have no reasonable explaination for my delayed pick. I thought I had predrafts in and took a nap. A pretty long one. Then found I was on the clock when I woke up.

:shrug:

Be safe.

I have no reasonable explaination for my delayed pick. I thought I had predrafts in and took a nap. A pretty long one. Then found I was on the clock when I woke up.

:shrug:
happened to me yesterday in league 4, i was sure the commish was messing with me. or i just didn't have enough players listed than I thought I did. I lean former.

@BroncoFreak_2K3 stay safe GB, thanks for what u do for ur community.

Stay safe and good luck for all of your family and friends in the area.

Stay safe and good luck for all of your family and friends in the area.
Thanks everyone for the kind sentiments

By the looks of things, we had either an EF2 or EF3 tornado event hit last night around 9:30am. Investigating teams are still assessing damage. This particular tornadic event was fairly localized, not super wide nor was it on the ground long, but wind speed was major. Everything in its path was wiped out. Our dogs daycare kennel ( with about 15 dogs last night) was in the direct path but it looks like the tornado lifted just at the right few seconds before hitting it. She did loose all her large trees ( stopped counting at 20, and the tops of her pines were completely sheared and ended up about 500-1000 feet on I-96 highway adjacent to her property) but the kennel and her house survived. So wild. Damages will be well in the hundreds of millions. Unfortunately there were some fatalities associated with semi tractor/trailers being lifted and thrown like rag dolls across the highway.

This is one of the worst tornadic events we’ve ever had in this area. Lots of families lost their farms and farm animals. I’ve never seen in person so many collapsed structures or structures with mature trees used as projectiles through structures.

Lots of work ahead to repair and rebuild the community.

I do have to say it was so uplifting seeing a community come together in times like these. Even with all businesses in town without power we had the hardware store open and did have a shipment of generators arriving today. They also supplied at least theee local restaurants with equipment to grill food ( for free for those in need). The one gas station that had power also selling generators, food and the long lines of people waiting for gas were all polite and helpful to each other. Awesome stuff

Last edited:
Cell tower blown out in town. No cell service at home. Was able to get a signal 10 miles outside of town and did my picks. Sorry to all again. Trying to do my best to keep up with this and not hold things up

Cell tower blown out in town. No cell service at home. Was able to get a signal 10 miles outside of town and did my picks. Sorry to all again. Trying to do my best to keep up with this and not hold things up
Sorry for your troubles. Keep the faith. If you can’t find a way to make a pick, we can wait. Unless it’s for the guy that I want and you are picking in front of me. In that case we can skip you.

Tornados are dangerous, scary stuff. A few years back, one was headed directly at my in-law’s place in Ohio and turned 100 feet right before it hit them. Most of the neighborhood was leveled. The pictures were crazy.

Hope things get back to normal soon.

Thanks for the consideration, but I'm sure everyone understands the situation. No worries about any delays with what you are going through. Good luck.

Link to the Michigan State Police documentation of the main storm damage area from last weeks EF2. This is the road that I take everyday to drop off our dog at daycare. The kennel actually survived pretty well as well as the owners home, but others weren't so lucky. Pretty surreal to me right now.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/storie...hg_yKbGmZ7o6ofnGuNzmdgGHFJhKoGwFuqFrsZuTeq5RE

Couple GoFundMe campaigns if you are inclined to help:

Draft Dominator significantly downgrades (or upgrades) your team relative to your QBs. In League One, I wound up waiting on the QB position. So far 23 team QBs have been drafted and I am one of two teams that have zero QBs at this point. My team grade currently is dead last in the league, 1689 is my overall score and the next lowest is 1817 and it us not the other team with no QBs.

Meanwhile, in Anarchy 2, I took KCQB, Mahomes at #4 overall and followed up with Minnesota QB as QB14 in round 7. My overall score there is 2275 and the next highest is 2183.

Draft Dominator significantly downgrades (or upgrades) your team relative to your QBs. In League One, I wound up waiting on the QB position. So far 23 team QBs have been drafted and I am one of two teams that have zero QBs at this point. My team grade currently is dead last in the league, 1689 is my overall score and the next lowest is 1817 and it us not the other team with no QBs.

Meanwhile, in Anarchy 2, I took KCQB, Mahomes at #4 overall and followed up with Minnesota QB as QB14 in round 7. My overall score there is 2275 and the next highest is 2183.
That seems pretty obvious. TMQB is the highest scoring position, so teams that took two TMQB could be allocated with banking 700-800 projected points, while your team will be projected with 0 at that spot. Pretty soon those teams will have to take a 75 point RB while you get to pick a 275 or 300 point TMQB. By the end of the draft, things will even out.

I have the next two rounds predrafted on both Anarchy 1 and Anarchy 2. There is a possibility that the way I have them set up, I could make a redundant pick, which would make for an improper position distribution. I am helping some professionals build fencing on our property and likely will not be able to check in until after dark.

Can you help a brother out, if a mistake is made?

Users who are viewing this thread