What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (1 Viewer)

They needed to keep it a close game. The defense just isn’t where it needs to be to compete with the playoff caliber teams.

Oh well. It was a nice 1st quarter at least.
Point blank: the better team won today. We shouldn’t be surprised by this. We need to beat below average and average teams this year to show some growth and promise.

for some reason the watch feature doesn't work on this thread for me. weird. @Joe Bryant ???

i tuned out at half time when they gave up the td right at half time. because i KNEW that they would give up another td to start the 3rd quarter.

pretty much exactly what i expected today. i laid the points. :shrug:

Disturbing showing today by both lines. The Grop as well. 38-3 after the opening drive and it could have been worse. McD had zero answers or adjustments to the Bills big **** energy. I blame Chan Jones.

Disturbing showing today by both lines. The Grop as well. 38-3 after the opening drive and it could have been worse. McD had zero answers or adjustments to the Bills big **** energy. I blame Chan Jones.
Well if Chan Jones is telling the truth after his most recent Tweet, he needs to go straight to the proper authorities and Roger Goodell. Just accusing people of heinous crimes on social media without going to the police makes no sense which leads me to believe Jones needs some serious help and is probably not telling the truth.
Back to the Raiders: 2 stats sum up how this game went and how far apart this franchise is from the really good ones.
Josh Jacobs: 9 for —2 yds. That stat is on everyone from McD, Oline, JJ, WRs and TEs, you name it. For a team that wants to be a predominantly running team, they have a long way to go.
Second half possessions: Bills:39 Raiders:13. This stat reminded of whenever Carr had a bad game. It was 3 and outs on offense and the defense was always stuck on the field while opposing offenses methodically drove down the field. It was 2018 all over again. There still just aren’t enough playmakers on defense. Still no turnovers. You can’t teach that. You can emphasize it in practice, you can run certain drills. But it’s also a mindset and a talent.
I have to remember this is a rebuilding project in year two. There’s three rookies getting serious playing time on defense, a new QB, rookie TE and a new vet TE. New people all over the roster. If by Halloween it looks like they’re toast I really hope it becomes the Aiden O’Connell show. Find out what the kid is made of and if it doesn’t look good, go all in for Caleb Williams.

Well if Chan Jones is telling the truth after his most recent Tweet, he needs to go straight to the proper authorities and Roger Goodell. Just accusing people of heinous crimes on social media without going to the police makes no sense which leads me to believe Jones needs some serious help and is probably not telling the truth.
This is moving fast apparently. Did he accuse anyone of specific crimes? Last I saw was the Mark Davis text exchange.

Josh Jacobs: 9 for —2 yds. That stat is on everyone from McD, Oline, JJ, WRs and TEs, you name it. For a team that wants to be a predominantly running team, they have a long way to go.
Second half possessions: Bills:39 Raiders:13. This stat reminded of whenever Carr had a bad game. It was 3 and outs on offense and the defense was always stuck on the field while opposing offenses methodically drove down the field. It was 2018 all over again. There still just aren’t enough playmakers on defense. Still no turnovers. You can’t teach that. You can emphasize it in practice, you can run certain drills. But it’s also a mindset and a talent.
I have to remember this is a rebuilding project in year two. There’s three rookies getting serious playing time on defense, a new QB, rookie TE and a new vet TE. New people all over the roster. If by Halloween it looks like they’re toast I really hope it becomes the Aiden O’Connell show. Find out what the kid is made of and if it doesn’t look good, go all in for Caleb Williams.
:goodposting:

As always pre Labor Day hopes seldom pan out on the field in Raiderland.

To be fair I think the expectation was to be 1-1 after week 2 so nothing is truly off the rails. But yesterday was tough.

They really are giving the rookie defenders a lot of leeway. Seeing Jakorian one-on-one with Diggs a few times was...brave. I hope that translates into more confidence as the season goes on. He's getting 90%+ snap share so the staff definitely likes him

Tyree played 49% of defensive snaps and what I saw looked like contain rush. Upfield with no pass rush moves. I guess that may make sense with a QB like Allen, it looked like Maxx was doing a lot of the same, but he didn't seem to try and fight through the tackle after setting the edge, which I didn't like. He also pulled up early on play where Allen broke contain right and completed a pass. He needs to learn to play through the whistle.

Still they are 1-1 with 8 straight games against opponents with with similar struggles, issues, unknowns etc. All outcomes are still wide open.

Will someone please tell me who the heck Kristian Wilkerson is and why he had the second most snaps at WR?

What do people think about Robert Spillane? He's compiling stats and seems like he's always near the ball. It also seems like he's always on the wrong side of exchanges with ball carriers.

This is moving fast apparently. Did he accuse anyone of specific crimes? Last I saw was the Mark Davis text exchange.
He posted something last night. I’m not on twitter, so I don’t know how to post a link. I did see it on a screen shot from a Raider Podcaster. I won’t say what it is because I don’t want to perpetuate any false statements, lies etc especially when the accusations are so horrible and hopefully outlandish.

What do people think about Robert Spillane? He's compiling stats and seems like he's always near the ball. It also seems like he's always on the wrong side of exchanges with ball carriers.
He likes to come in with a big hit and doesn’t wrap up. If an RB can withstand is initial contact, they run right over him. That’s what I’ve noticed. He’s added some juice. But so did Perryman, but I guess so far the difference is that Spillane can stay on the field.

He posted something last night. I’m not on twitter, so I don’t know how to post a link. I did see it on a screen shot from a Raider Podcaster. I won’t say what it is because I don’t want to perpetuate any false statements, lies etc especially when the accusations are so horrible and hopefully outlandish.
Those were some really non-sequitur comments by Jones. I don't see a problem with linking them.

I don't see these as specific accusations against anyone in the organization.

This reads like a mental health crisis which tracks with everything we have heard like sending a crisis response team to Jones' house and the text exchange with Mark Davis.

He says the team isn't letting him play because his god daughter was molested.

Then it becomes his step-daughter.

Then it becomes an agreement he has with some unnamed "important" person for Jones to watch that person's children. Even though Jones is not a parent.

Then it becomes "fostering" that unnamed person's child.

It's very sad but, so far I am not seeing anything to suggest the Raiders are the ones causing material harm.

With all the people around Davis, all the time... how does it become ONLY Chandler who carries this big dark secret about Davis... and why is knowing that secret keeping Chandler FROM the team. If you believe that Chandler is the only person to know, and it's that bad, wouldn't Davis be renaming the stadium after him? putting up a massive statue? turning his salary into fully guaranteed money?

The guy needs help. Aside from the Raiders, I hope there are others in his circle trying to help him.

It's not about losing the game, it's about showing zero fight from the top down. Reading the latest Jones leaves has me believing regardless of truth/cause, that fiasco is having a monsterous effect on this locker room and team. It's time we heard the real story here. No more BS protection of anyone. The allegations being made are beyond serious, whether or not they have merit, and must be addressed.

Reading the latest Jones leaves has me believing regardless of truth/cause, that fiasco is having a monsterous effect on this locker room and team. It's time we heard the real story here. No more BS protection of anyone. The allegations being made are beyond serious, whether or not they have merit, and must be addressed.
He hasn't really made any allegations. He has thrown out a series of non-sequitur comments that make no connections between point A and point B. Nothing about the equates to an allegation of anything on behalf of the Raiders. He even goes so far as to say Mark Davis didn't know about his god/step/foster/kid he's watching. If he has some kind of Sandusky style information and is withholding it from the police then he is complicit with the act.

No, every single thing coming from Jones has the sad ring of someone going through a serious mental health crisis. I honestly don't think it is having any impact on the team, particularly as everything anyone know shows the teams commitment to the well being of Jones.

The team not saying anything is the appropriate response ATM.

I honestly don't think it is having any impact on the team

I couldn't disagree more. Dude's out here talking about children being molested and him somehow being ostracized as a direct result. 100% this is affecting the team.

I couldn't disagree more. Dude's out here talking about children being molested and him somehow being ostracized as a direct result. 100% this is affecting the team.
You give the players too little credit. They may be worried about the health of a teammate but no more so than any other injured teammate.

I doubt anyone thinks there is some kind of Pizzagate nonsense going on in the organization. Even Jones isn't saying anything close to that.

i wouldn't say zero. but it's probably minimal.

he sounds like a dude that is either on drugs or stopped taking their meds. or should be on some meds/takling to a licsenced therapist. he doesn't sound credible at ALL

how much stock would you put into a coworker acting like this?

Back to the Raiders: 2 stats sum up how this game went and how far apart this franchise is from the really good ones.
The Oline couldnt collectively push a shopping cart thru a walmart parking lot

I'm hoping the Steelers get blown out tonight so that they are 0-2 and their fans decide to not travel to Las Vegas for their game so that ticket prices will drop.

I have a feeling this week is going to move at a snails pace because I'm like a kid on xmas eve anticipating a game at the death star. I keep telling my group to have patience with tickets and that we need to wait til Sunday morning but I have a feeling someone is going to get antsy and buy them on thursday :rant:

I'm hoping the Steelers get blown out tonight so that they are 0-2 and their fans decide to not travel to Las Vegas for their game so that ticket prices will drop.

I have a feeling this week is going to move at a snails pace because I'm like a kid on xmas eve anticipating a game at the death star. I keep telling my group to have patience with tickets and that we need to wait til Sunday morning but I have a feeling someone is going to get antsy and buy them on thursday :rant:
patience :obiwonkenobi:

Oh my. The latest Jones video he posted makes it look like he might be trying out for a position in the secondary.

What I think is happening is that the team has been silent because they don't want to embarrass him, and they don't want to cut him loose while he needs help.

If true, and I hope so, this would be one of the most magnanimous moments in the history of sports. Brand new season and they let a guy distract a locker room, take up a sorely useful roster spot (resulting in the loss of several young prospects already), and publicly bad mouth the leadership all because 'he needs help.'

Maybe the Raiders are the nicest team in NFL. My guess is they are trying to hide something embarrassing of some sort; or, they are lining up a case to cut him with cause, voiding his money guarantee. Perhaps both.

^^^ No matter what, the regime does not get a pass. They signed this turd to a huge guaranteed contract after witnessing first-hand his original mental melting in New England. They are passing on college kids over character, but not big dollar free agents? His signing was an indictment of them long before he busted on and then off the field.

Yeah, I am back to a surly mood toward McDonald's & Co. Sorry.

^^^ No matter what, the regime does not get a pass. They signed this turd to a huge guaranteed contract after witnessing first-hand his original mental melting in New England. They are passing on college kids over character, but not big dollar free agents? His signing was an indictment of them long before he busted on and then off the field.

I blame Carr.

You guys are getting a lot of mileage out of this Chandler Jones contract. Not a good deal, I get it, but a LOT of mileage.

Al did say that Mark's weakness was getting too close to players. This could be what's going on. Mark cares too much to just throw out a guy who needs help. This isn't just some young knucklehead waving a rifle around on instagram making threats, or a troublemaker in the locker room. chandler seems to be in crisis to the point Mark reached out himself. It's ultimately MD's call on cutting him loose or not.

I wonder if Jones showed up to camp too underweight and that started all this.

You guys are getting a lot of mileage out of this Chandler Jones contract. Not a good deal, I get it, but a LOT of mileage.

Bro, the mileage is on them - they have an out and aren't using it. Only way I can justify that is if they are trying to claw back the guarantees (and more importantly, the cap hit).

If the concern is his well being, cut him then offer medical support. If he refuses, that's 100% on him and his family. This isn't some pity case. His one older brother is a highly decorated and paid former NFL champion, while his other older brother is the current UFC heavyweight champ. And Chan's career NFL earnings might actually be more than both older brothers combined.

I'm not yet sure from where the BS is eminating, but there is most definitely some major BS at play here.

Users who are viewing this thread