What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (4 Viewers)

Hunter for Hunter ?

Danielle Hunter, EDGE, Vikings

Hunter has nine sacks and a dozen TFLs, which is also the most in the league. Trade rumors have surrounded Hunter for nearly two years, but the Vikings patched things over with a one-year deal in the offseason. Unless they can agree on a new deal in the spring, Hunter will become a free agency and earn a massive contract if he keeps this pace up. With Kirk Cousins out for the year, Minnesota should be ready to put their season to bed and send Hunter off as a half-season rental for a team looking to make a playoff push. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Vikings “are at least listening” to offers for Hunter.
renfrow has nearly zero value. and a ridiculous contract. they'd be lucky to get a 7th for him

:ROFLMAO: sorry, not joining in on this sad boi pitty party

I'll be watching tonight. I barely remember the last game because I was still half drunk from the night before when I watched. if one thing came out of that game it's that hoyer should not be starting when jimmy meatball is injured. hoyer was supposed to know the offense better, but it didn't look better than what the rookie showed against the chargers.

team is 3-4. I've watched when the team had a worse record with less talent. that's what's frustrating, there is talent on the roster on offense, receivers have been getting open. the tight ends are starting to show up. we know the run game opens up when deep completions are made.

the bears game looked like mcD planned things out thinking the bears wouldn't be able to score. like he was planning to play it safe and win with field goals again. offense was predictable and never showed up. not until it was too late and O dawg came in.

with the meatball continuing his legacy of being knocked out of games. it's only a matter of time until alexandia ocasio-cortez is starting :wub:
I have watched worse Raider teams for decades but the NFL and the Raiders don’t matter much to me anymore. I just don’t miss wasting my Sunday’s like I used to.

For your sake, I hope it’s a great game with plenty of action, no crappy officiating, and a big W at the end for the boys in black.

Detroit wants a make right game after getting blown out by Baltimore. I foresee Jimmy not finishing this game. Injury or otherwise.

thought peters was going to come out of the game. too bad. i can't stand watching him. he's a disgrace to #24 and to the raiders

there's peter's, there's a fumble and he's sitting on his arse crying about something. raiders get the ball and he's still crying. get this guy out of here

It’s hard to feel bad for other fans when Jimmy was the SF QB for 5 years, but I still have sympathy for you guys. He’s painful to watch. It’s weird, he’s like the worst QB in the league, but he does a good job masking how inept he is.

Just to lighten the mood, does anyone want to describe Jimmy using 3 words?

Impostor, Embarrassment, Appalling

bad loss. the team played hard for 4 quarters. even guys like renfrow did not at all look like he was checked out. so much for the talk of the locker room turning on mcD

it's clear that meatball is not the guy at qb and needs to hit the bench. bring on the aoc era, has to happen at this point. too many bad throws even on completions

these players have not given up at all, it's a good sign. team just needs a qb and the rookie might be it. we will see.

I've never seen this much fight in my team in so many years. it sucks they lost again, but they are not at all checked out. these guys have bought in and fight 'til the end

I hate Jimmy as much as you guys. He’s an utter disgrace. My line of thinking throughout his tenure at SF was “we know who he is, why not let “insert whoever the backup is” play and see what we have there?

Let AOC play a few games, why not?

bad loss. the team played hard for 4 quarters. even guys like renfrow did not at all look like he was checked out. so much for the talk of the locker room turning on mcD

it's clear that meatball is not the guy at qb and needs to hit the bench. bring on the aoc era, has to happen at this point. too many bad throws even on completions

these players have not given up at all, it's a good sign. team just needs a qb and the rookie might be it. we will see.

I've never seen this much fight in my team in so many years. it sucks they lost again, but they are not at all checked out. these guys have bought in and fight 'til the end
proud of the fight. especially from the D. the raiders D is actually legit. there I said it. peters is still a disaster. pick 6 not withstanding.

I don't hate jimmy, but it's clear he held the team back tonight. the plays were there to be made and he was unable to make them.

looks like mcD stepped it up and had a better plan, but his guy couldn't hit open receivers. the defense bounced back after last week and played 'til the very end.

run game looked better, renfrow was targeted, receivers were open, tight ends making plays. aoc needs to start and mcD has to know it after this game.

I don't know how he's done it, but it's been a long time since any raiders coach has had the team playing this hard on both sides of the ball. team is being held back by qb play. either o'connell is the answer or they find someone in next year's draft

raiders have become one of those teams that just needs a decent qb. carr was not the answer, neither was jimmy or hoyer.

team doesn't need a super star at qb, just someone who can hit open receivers. defense can use help at all positions, but they do enough somehow. another solid vet DE would do wonders.

Raiders NOT trading up for Stroud/ARichardon or just taking Levis so they can watch the train wreck that is Jimmy G, instead taking Tyree Wilson....he even on the field?

tyree is steadily improving, but it's not enough to compliment maxx yet. team would be better off with a solid vet at DE opposite maxx and having tyree continue to develop.

we've been down on peters in here, but it did look like he made more effort than the last game. which says a lot considering he is not signed on for next season. these guys are buying in despite the record and poor qb play holding the offense back. it's a good sign

also worth noting that there was something like 40mil in dead cap space this year. which is why there was only 60mil spent on defense. once some of that dead cap comes off and can be spent building up the team, it's worth looking forward to

carr was not the answer

Carr might be having a hiccup or two in NO (not last game), but he's twice the QB Jimmy G is. I have no idea what went on the building, but if you look at it as a trade or trade-off (Jimmy G for Derek Carr), it was a terrible one for the Raiders.

G is awful.
carr is going to do the same thing in NO that he did for the raiders. not be good enough to be a playoff contender, but not be bad enough to get a top pick. we've seen the same show for years ourselves. he needed to go. jimmy being awful does not change that. especially when we compare their contracts. NO is going to have problems moving forward when they have to start cutting/trading good players to fit under the cap. raiders are going to be able to bring in better talent moving forward with cap space opening up.

I've watched enough of carr in NO, guy isn't winning a SB for them. saints fans seem to be learning faster than raider fans did. one good game after stinking it up doesn't make him worth that 100mil + contract

^ Fair enough, and I don't disagree. I'm not sure the Raiders are true playoff contenders even with Carr. The Raiders just aren't that great a team right now. They might be in the future, but not now.

Got some winnable games coming. They host the Jets. Zach Wilson really is that bad, and the Jets have no offensive line anymore. I think three starters are down on an already thin line. Trust me on that. Still think that it will be tight regardless.

These replies to my post are disheartening but appropriate considering what the franchise has done for us (almost nothing) over the past 2 decades. Sad but true :(

:ROFLMAO: sorry, not joining in on this sad boi pitty party

Sad boi pity party exists for a reason. This team has been laughable for so long, it’s ridiculous.

We finally have a D that isn’t embarrassing and the O brings nothing to the party even with weapons with Adams, Jacobs, Meyers, Mayer.

jimmy G should be benched for good. Oh, and fire McD. He’s a joke at this point.

hondo says the reason the raiders let carr go wasn't to bring in jimmy, it was because they thought tom brady was coming in. it didn't work out and they had to find someone else, so we got jimmy and overpaid.

people can say this team is horrible and you are what your record is, but it's clear as day that this offense is failing at one position. mcD can't be too bad if the players are still giving their all on both sides of the ball. receivers getting open, tight ends are making plays, run game opens up when deep passes are attempted, even renfrow was involved. mcD just stuck with jimmy too long because it probably seemed like the safer option. at the after game presser it seemed like mcD is finally realizing sticking with jimmy is the same as giving up on the season.

aoc is no longer the option you go to once the team is completely knocked out of playoff contention, he became the best option if you're still trying to win tonight. hoyer got his shot and it moved aoc up to second string. now jimmy showed he can't get it done even when the offense is doing things right.

I don't know if the rookie is the answer at qb, but he can't be worse than hoyer and jimmy. if the kid is better and the team is playing this hard. I see winnable games ahead. I think aoc can hit wide open receivers and give the defense some help.

this doesn't look like past raiders teams where they give up and get ran over. this isn't a bad team top to bottom, it's a team with a qb problem and that can be fixed. either with o'connell or in the draft.

Jimmy ain’t it. Hoyer definitely ain’t it, and we don’t know who AOC is yet. McD should lose his job for the way he’s handled the QBs since he’s been in Vegas. Even if what Hondo is saying about Brady is true. (I’m guessing he left the team at the altar for some reason.)
There’s no point firing McD mid season, that won’t make Jimmys arm stronger nor make Hoyer younger. But for the love of God, please bench Jimmy and let AOC take the reins the rest of the season so they can see what they have in him. That way they can go forward in 2024 either with him or a new plan at QB.

tyree is steadily improving, but it's not enough to compliment maxx yet. team would be better off with a solid vet at DE opposite maxx and having tyree continue to develop.

we've been down on peters in here, but it did look like he made more effort than the last game. which says a lot considering he is not signed on for next season. these guys are buying in despite the record and poor qb play holding the offense back. it's a good sign

also worth noting that there was something like 40mil in dead cap space this year. which is why there was only 60mil spent on defense. once some of that dead cap comes off and can be spent building up the team, it's worth looking forward to
Thanks, your comment gives me hope but then I remember reading this comment for 20 years now. It devastating. When will it stop? Why am I beginning to relate to Cubs and Browns fans?

I’ve taken an interest to this team bc I hate Jimmy G so much.

Defense is legit! I actually like a long shot on Crosby for DPOY at +6500. He is a monster and if he turns it up one more notch, I think he can get there. What a fun guy to watch. A lot of season left to be played. If it wasn’t for Jimmy G, his odds would be paying like half of what they are now.

We can get someone next year. Saints cannot

Get back to me with that particular someone and then we'll talk. Not to mention that this year is wasted, and some key guys (Adams, Jacobs) aren't getting any younger, nor is one of them even locked up for next year.

If they were going after Brady, then more power to them. I think the standard stories are correct and that JMcD rubbed Carr totally the wrong way and that spun out of control as happens in sport these days. Carr and his potential with the Raiders has been litigated in this thread to death, so I won't do it again, but Jimmy G is truly terrible. I'm not sure I'd trade Zach Wilson for him, and that's saying something. Carr at least took this team to the playoffs and they were a red zone possession away from tying or beating Cinicinnati at their height.

Get back to me with that particular someone and then we'll talk. Not to mention that this year is wasted, and some key guys (Adams, Jacobs) aren't getting any younger, nor is one of them even locked up for next year.

If they were going after Brady, then more power to them. I think the standard stories are correct and that JMcD rubbed Carr totally the wrong way and that spun out of control as happens in sport these days. Carr and his potential with the Raiders has been litigated in this thread to death, so I won't do it again, but Jimmy G is truly terrible. I'm not sure I'd trade Zach Wilson for him, and that's saying something. Carr at least took this team to the playoffs and they were a red zone possession away from tying or beating Cinicinnati at their height.
They held serve, took a shot with Jimmy that wouldn't hamstring them down the road.

Wasted a year? Everyone without their franchise QB is wasting a year.

Some teams are wasting multiple years, want me to name a few?

This has been parsed to death in here. You know not of what you speak. Carr was/is a problem. McD is a problem. jimmy meatball is a problem. Carr and the saints are screwed with bloated contracts. The raiders saved a ton of money and can painfully move on next year if they want to.

his has been parsed to death in here. You know not of what you speak. Carr was/is a problem. McD is a problem. jimmy meatball is a problem. Carr and the saints are screwed with bloated contracts. The raiders saved a ton of money and can painfully move on next year if they want to.

I've read this thread for over a year, maybe longer. Actually, since Raider Nation was here. I used to be a Raider fan back when I bought into dumb pop culture ********. The Tuck Rule hurt me as much if not more than any guy in this thread. But that's long ago, and I'm not a fan anymore. I liked three teams growing up -- Jets, Giants, Raiders. Then I narrowed it down to one because people got annoyed with me having three teams. So I did that. And so I lurk.

I know exactly of what I speak and have watched the Raiders many, many times and have seen Jimmy G play many, many times.

Carr was not a problem. He's an average NFL quarterback. The question becomes can you win it all with average? You can, but not with the rest of the Raiders as they're currently made up now. I also know you hate Gruden. His drafting was a problem, but your team was better when he was in charge.

Simple stuff, really. For all you guys begging off of Gruden and Carr, you wound up with McD and Garoppolo. Both terrible trade-offs.

his has been parsed to death in here. You know not of what you speak. Carr was/is a problem. McD is a problem. jimmy meatball is a problem. Carr and the saints are screwed with bloated contracts. The raiders saved a ton of money and can painfully move on next year if they want to.

I've read this thread for over a year, maybe longer. Actually, since Raider Nation was here. I used to be a Raider fan back when I bought into dumb pop culture ********. The Tuck Rule hurt me as much if not more than any guy in this thread. But that's long ago, and I'm not a fan anymore. I liked three teams growing up -- Jets, Giants, Raiders. Then I narrowed it down to one because people got annoyed with me having three teams. So I did that. And so I lurk.

I know exactly of what I speak and have watched the Raiders many, many times and have seen Jimmy G play many, many times.

Carr was not a problem. He's an average NFL quarterback. The question becomes can you win it all with average? You can, but not with the rest of the Raiders as they're currently made up now. I also know you hate Gruden. His drafting was a problem, but your team was better when he was in charge.

Simple stuff, really. For all you guys begging off of Gruden and Carr, you wound up with McD and Garoppolo. Both terrible trade-offs.
Agreed he is average, but he was part of the problem. It's a lot harder to win paying an average QB a high percentage of your salary cap. Moving on from Carr was the right move. Bringing in Jimmy G was the wrong move. Both can be true.

Users who are viewing this thread