What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

That's cool but Nick is still coaching and Tom Landry and Randy White aren't on the team anymore. But feel free to brag about legacy and the past. Ain't gonna help you on Sunday.
Neither is Sirianni... lol.

The amount of optimism in this thread is loveable.

Upthread, I saw someone say - "I can't with these niners fans" and thought, unique coming from a fanbase that nearly everyone loathes and think of as classless. Ever heard the, "You reap what you sow" saying?

I think Dallas matches up extremely well with Philly... I can't wait for the game.

The Cowboys dominated all the bad teams. Gotta give them Credit. But Seattle? Geno Smith hasn't been anything close to what he was last year. Came into the game with 12 total touchdowns, left the game with 16. So 25% of his entire year's production of touchdowns came against the Cowboys. A defense that is allegedly dominant. I dunno, I have a feeling the Cowboys are a tad "fraud" worthy if you will, similar to what people tried to say about us last year.
3 games in 12 days only counts for you guys ?

That's cool but Nick is still coaching and Tom Landry and Randy White aren't on the team anymore. But feel free to brag about legacy and the past. Ain't gonna help you on Sunday.

Upthread, I saw someone say - "I can't with these niners fans" and thought, unique coming from a fanbase that nearly everyone loathes and think of as classless. Ever heard the, "You reap what you sow" saying?

I think Dallas matches up extremely well with Philly... I can't wait for the game.
I agree with everything you said. Should be a good game. Certain fanbases just won't shut up. We are one of them. Some fanbases can't help but talk about their past legacies. Green Bay, Pittsburgh, SF, Washington etc. I never hear much about that. But I mean, if we are being honest with ourselves, Dallas Fans LOVE talking about their past success, trophies, etc. I think just after we beat you guys last time there was Demarcus Ware just posting pics of the trophies, even though he was never part of any and won actually in Denver. Is what it is though, we are who we are.

SNF can't ask for a better matchup or important game.

The Cowboys dominated all the bad teams. Gotta give them Credit. But Seattle? Geno Smith hasn't been anything close to what he was last year. Came into the game with 12 total touchdowns, left the game with 16. So 25% of his entire year's production of touchdowns came against the Cowboys. A defense that is allegedly dominant. I dunno, I have a feeling the Cowboys are a tad "fraud" worthy if you will, similar to what people tried to say about us last year.
I don't understand the comment.

I’ve read many times here about the eagles playing 3 games in 13 days , defense was tired etc
When Dallas played Seattle it was their 3rd game in 12 days and Dallas is “fraud worthy” because Geno had a good game?

I’ve read many times here about the eagles playing 3 games in 13 days , defense was tired etc
When Dallas played Seattle it was their 3rd game in 12 days and Dallas is “fraud worthy” because Geno had a good game?
I would say no. At this point of the season, playing 3 games inside of two weeks is rough on any team. These guys beat seven shades of **** our of each other. I'd argue that the Eagles playing an emotional win in KC, followed by a knock down drag out fight with Bills into overtime and then against an SF team coming off a mini bye is worse. Everyone is free to disagree but I think that absolutely played into the outcome on Sunday, just like I would say Dallas playing three games in 12 days is definitely impactful.

You're right, (NYG), CAR, WAS, SEA is pretty much the same as (KC), BUF, SF, DAL.

You're right, CAR, WAS, SEA is pretty much the same as (KC), BUF, SF, DAL.

haha not even close

I mean as we know each game is different. Each oppnont is different. I see a theme of something like "Dak numbers should be even more b/c he sat out so many 4th Q's"

The 3 games you played in 12 days or so

Panthers: Blowout victory, could have sat guys if you wanted to. Opponent has a rookie QB playing and the team was so bad, the coach was fired
Commanders: Blowout Victory: Could have sat guys if you wanted to, but Dak was still throwing bombs up 21 with 6 minutes left in the game. Opponent has a QB that currently has 14 INTs (although he torched us both times admittedly)
Seahawks: Actually had to play a full game b/c the Seahawks are actually a a solid, yet not top tier team, Geno Smith had 12 TDs on the season, left with 16.

The 3 games the Eagles played in 12 days or so:

Chiefs: Got to play them off a bye, but guess what, they had a bye also. Opponent has the best coach and QB in the NFL. Tough emotional MNF win.
Bills: Played on a short week, went to OT, defense played like close to 100 snaps on offense. Opponent QB is a top 3/5 QB depending on who you ask. Tough emotional comeback win
49ers: Played after being gassed and the Niners on 10 games rest: Opponent QB and coach - the guy that owns this site thinks he is the 2nd best coach. Purdy is the MVP frontrunner.

Maybe you can see the difference, maybe not. But to me there is quite a gap in the 2 teams "12 day/3 game stretches"

You're right, (NYG), CAR, WAS, SEA is pretty much the same as (KC), BUF, SF, DAL.
Haha!!! Good one!!!!!!

I was shocked at how little pressure San Francisco was getting on Hurts for most of the game, was that because your dope offensive line or was it because San Francisco focused on stopping the pass?
Hurts seemed like he had time all game but no one was getting open. Instead of running though he held it and held it and held it. Cost us early.

Kurt Warner disagrees.

I said that because if you watched the video the 9ers fan with his own little YouTube was still crying about BS despite them winning. Like you beat us this time let’s act like we’ve been there before and move on.

And if we’re gonna talk about poor fan behavior people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones very classy bunch of people right here.

“Marvin Rodriguez was arrested at the scene, per Press' report, adding that he faces charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury.

Prior to the shooting, Press' report says Rodriguez was involved in another altercation where he held a gun to another man's head before letting him go, only to shoot Sells.

At the time of the shooting, fellow Star-Telegramreporter Clarence Hill reported Rodriguez was "egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim."

Not saying we don’t have bad behavior here. Just saying before acting out of pocket on another teams thread you might want to know your own teams history on the subject before hand.

For those who missed it nfl network was talking about the Eagles. David Carr made a mention about sitting hurt for Marriott’s but it’s not as bad as people are thinking or the Philly media is making it. What Carr was saying and speculating is Hurts isn’t healthy and maybe hurting the offense and run game more staying out on the field. Why not give Hurts a game or two off and let Marcus who is a similar style run the offense and see if it helps hurts. He ends his comments and theory saying a healthy hurts and the eagles can definately win the sb.

I really don’t see where he’s wrong other then yeah we got two important games coming up SNF and following MNF the week after however his comments taken for as they are make a lot of sense. Now depending where they are after the next 2 games maybe they could afford to do it but presently if Hurts is hurting the club more not 100% then why keep him out there and risk further or worse injury? There’s gutting it out and doing great then there’s gutting it out to where you being out there is worse for the team and you. All people saw on this was the headlines and went ballistic

I'm not so sure Eagles will win this week. Cowboys with extra rest at home where they've dominated?

I know the haters (mostly Cowboys and Niners fans) are gonna be piling on, but loses like these under situations like these don't define a team.

I think one of two things happens...Eagles lose this week and get right against Seattle, OR
Eagles win a tough emotional game this week, and let down again in Seattle.

Either way I think we win one and lose one of these next two before getting really right in the last three weeks. I know which scenario I'd prefer. Either way, the sky is not falling. This is still a deep playoff caliber team
I think we win both. They will be ready to get the bad taste out of their mouth in this one. Against Seattle they may be down a bit but have enough to overcome and win ugly.

I'm not so sure Eagles will win this week. Cowboys with extra rest at home where they've dominated?

I know the haters (mostly Cowboys and Niners fans) are gonna be piling on, but loses like these under situations like these don't define a team.

I think one of two things happens...Eagles lose this week and get right against Seattle, OR
Eagles win a tough emotional game this week, and let down again in Seattle.

Either way I think we win one and lose one of these next two before getting really right in the last three weeks. I know which scenario I'd prefer. Either way, the sky is not falling. This is still a deep playoff caliber team
The Cowboys dominated all the bad teams. Gotta give them Credit. But Seattle? Geno Smith hasn't been anything close to what he was last year. Came into the game with 12 total touchdowns, left the game with 16. So 25% of his entire year's production of touchdowns came against the Cowboys. A defense that is allegedly dominant. I dunno, I have a feeling the Cowboys are a tad "fraud" worthy if you will, similar to what people tried to say about us last year. Haven't played really anyone and when they played any teams close to good they either lost or ya know, surely didn't blow out the team.

Eagles win this one.
HOpe you guys are right

For those who missed it nfl network was talking about the Eagles. David Carr made a mention about sitting hurt for Marriott’s but it’s not as bad as people are thinking or the Philly media is making it. What Carr was saying and speculating is Hurts isn’t healthy and maybe hurting the offense and run game more staying out on the field. Why not give Hurts a game or two off and let Marcus who is a similar style run the offense and see if it helps hurts. He ends his comments and theory saying a healthy hurts and the eagles can definately win the sb.

I really don’t see where he’s wrong other then yeah we got two important games coming up SNF and following MNF the week after however his comments taken for as they are make a lot of sense. Now depending where they are after the next 2 games maybe they could afford to do it but presently if Hurts is hurting the club more not 100% then why keep him out there and risk further or worse injury? There’s gutting it out and doing great then there’s gutting it out to where you being out there is worse for the team and you. All people saw on this was the headlines and went ballistic

Hurts’ head falling off is literally the only scenario I could see starting Mariota over him in a meaningful game. If you’ve got the 1 seed locked up before the week 18 game in the meadowlands, I’m all for it. I said months ago I want no starters playing that last game on THAT field.

Any Mariota sightings prior to that and our season is over.

you serious clark?

you serious clark?
The internet is full of unserious takes.

I was shocked at how little pressure San Francisco was getting on Hurts for most of the game, was that because your dope offensive line or was it because San Francisco focused on stopping the pass?
Hurts seemed like he had time all game but no one was getting open. Instead of running though he held it and held it and held it. Cost us early.

Kurt Warner disagrees.

I think both are true. For a large part of the game he didn’t have guys open but did on a few occasions as Kurt points out.

I mentioned it probably a couple of months ago that he’s showing some of the bad signs he did a couple years ago. He is rolling early and looking for the back yard play and not sticking with the offense. I really think having the second year in Steichien’s offense was why he looked so much better last year.

you serious clark?

and im sorry but who the hell cares what david carr thinks

you serious clark?

I mean he has more cred than any of us.

You and I will be right in the end. We’re batting 1.000 on this topic.

Don’t expect any apologies.

ETA - I may be crazy, but not crazy enough to start Mariota over Hurts.

Last edited:

This is not the time to be benching your starting QB (even if he is a little hurt). Mariota is not a good QB and IMO the Eagles would almost certainly lose both of their next 2 games if he’s the QB. Also if Hurts really is hurt, why is he holding onto the ball so long? I would think they would want to call plays for him to get that ball out quickly.

This is not the time to be benching your starting QB (even if he is a little hurt). Mariota is not a good QB and IMO the Eagles would almost certainly lose both of their next 2 games if he’s the QB. Also if Hurts really is hurt, why is he holding onto the ball so long? I would think they would want to call plays for him to get that ball out quickly.

I agree. I would rather a project QB over Mariota. Shouldnt even be in the league.

My comment to DJax about “us” being right is the long term prospect of Hurts. If I’m wrong I’ll eat crow but I don’t think I am.

you serious clark?

Right? Wth does a guy that actually played QB in the league know about QBs?

I agree. I would rather a project QB over Mariota. Shouldnt even be in the league.

My comment to DJax about “us” being right is the long term prospect of Hurts. If I’m wrong I’ll eat crow but I don’t think I am.

hurts already better than dak. you must really hate dak then

I mean as we know each game is different. Each oppnont is different. I see a theme of something like "Dak numbers should be even more b/c he sat out so many 4th Q's"

The 3 games you played in 12 days or so

Panthers: Blowout victory, could have sat guys if you wanted to. Opponent has a rookie QB playing and the team was so bad, the coach was fired
Commanders: Blowout Victory: Could have sat guys if you wanted to, but Dak was still throwing bombs up 21 with 6 minutes left in the game. Opponent has a QB that currently has 14 INTs (although he torched us both times admittedly)
Seahawks: Actually had to play a full game b/c the Seahawks are actually a a solid, yet not top tier team, Geno Smith had 12 TDs on the season, left with 16.

The 3 games the Eagles played in 12 days or so:

Chiefs: Got to play them off a bye, but guess what, they had a bye also. Opponent has the best coach and QB in the NFL. Tough emotional MNF win.
Bills: Played on a short week, went to OT, defense played like close to 100 snaps on offense. Opponent QB is a top 3/5 QB depending on who you ask. Tough emotional comeback win
49ers: Played after being gassed and the Niners on 10 games rest: Opponent QB and coach - the guy that owns this site thinks he is the 2nd best coach. Purdy is the MVP frontrunner.

Maybe you can see the difference, maybe not. But to me there is quite a gap in the 2 teams "12 day/3 game stretches"
The eagles certainly could’ve rested players in the 4th quarter last week too. Maybe you see that, maybe not.

I said that because if you watched the video the 9ers fan with his own little YouTube was still crying about BS despite them winning. Like you beat us this time let’s act like we’ve been there before and move on.

And if we’re gonna talk about poor fan behavior people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones very classy bunch of people right here.

“Marvin Rodriguez was arrested at the scene, per Press' report, adding that he faces charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury.

Prior to the shooting, Press' report says Rodriguez was involved in another altercation where he held a gun to another man's head before letting him go, only to shoot Sells.

At the time of the shooting, fellow Star-Telegramreporter Clarence Hill reported Rodriguez was "egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim."

Not saying we don’t have bad behavior here. Just saying before acting out of pocket on another teams thread you might want to know your own teams history on the subject before hand.
Thanks for that one instance of a Cowboys fan shooting someone... I'll be sure to file that away forever and never discuss Philly fans behavior.

I wouldn't categorize my message as "acting out of pocket" but you do you, boo boo. I'm just saying, what comes around goes around - at least the 49ers fan wasn't throwing live beers at Eagles fans. I'd never go to a game in Philly, but probably would go to most other stadiums. That is all.

By what metric? It ain’t personal man. Put Dak on your team with those weapons and line, he demolishes Hurts numbers.

The cracks are already starting to show.

you serious clark?

Not when he’s talking about benching Hurts for Mariotta.

By what metric? It ain’t personal man. Put Dak on your team with those weapons and line, he demolishes Hurts numbers.

daks also been in the league what 6 more years than hurts?

you serious clark?

I can understand the logic if Hurts is actually hurt. Something isn’t right, he isn’t nearly as fast/mobile as he was last year.

Is that because he want to be a pocket passer - this would be catastrophic for him and the Eagles - he will never be Joe Montana.

Is it to keep him healthy? That makes sense. Stay conservative and then let him run in the playoffs- that would be smart. He MUST run though.

Again- I would start the last QB drafted not named Purdy over Mariota.

But I thought he was better already?

This is a brand new offense for Dak and company. Year 1. We all see what Kellen Moore’s predictable system is doing in SD.

Dak was drafted in 2016, Hurts in 2020.

This is a brand new offense for Dak and company. Year 1. We all see what Kellen Moore’s predictable system is doing in SD.

feels like hes been there forever. hurts has def had more success

you serious clark?

I can understand the logic if Hurts is actually hurt. Something isn’t right, he isn’t nearly as fast/mobile as he was last year.

Is that because he want to be a pocket passer - this would be catastrophic for him and the Eagles - he will never be Joe Montana.

Is it to keep him healthy? That makes sense. Stay conservative and then let him run in the playoffs- that would be smart. He MUST run though.

Again- I would start the last QB drafted not named Purdy over Mariota.
Yeah, honestly, I don’t think anyone will know exactly what’s going on with Hurts this year. He doesn’t give any information- he’s the Belichik of QBs in his pressers.

Something is off, for sure. He looks gimpy and hesitant when he tries to run, which is not often this year. His mechanics break down when he is under pressure- look at his stats under pressure: they’re awful. But against SF he had all day in the pocket. If scrambling isn’t an option for him, he is limited as a QB.

But, somebody put it perfectly upthread: if Mariotta is on the field in a meaningful game, season’s over. I’d take Hurts at 50% over 110% Mariotta.

feels like hes been there forever. hurts has def had more success

I don’t want to get into a pissing match with you. We both have made out stances clear. We can do that after their careers are over.

Dak has warts too. I have been critical of him. He STILL throws behind guys instead of leading them. He can be inconsistent with that.

My biggest worry honestly is the way he gets tackled sometimes. The ball is just hanging out there and I’m shocked he hasn’t fumbled more the way he fights to stay on his feet.

Is he?

Everyone that watches football understands the jury is still out on Hurts. Except the green goggle wearing bunch

ETA: the jury is still out on Dak too. These guys have years of football left to play

Hurts is under a new coordinator too fwiw. And for the most part, the playcalling has been pedestrian/average at best. The RPOs that really allowed for him to flourish last year are gone.

We could do the "give Hurts Dallas' defense" just as easy as people love to do the "Give My QB Hurts' weapons" I'm pretty sure the Eagles would not have a loss if they had Dallas' defense and DC.

And in the end comparing "who the better QB" is sorta fun, but it really doesn't matter in the end. Hurts has started like less than 50 games. Still developing. A more fair comparison probably is Hurts to Burrow/Tua/Herbert/Fields and for Dak its Goff, bc as we know it takes QB's a long time to get to their peak and truly develop. And its not a big surprise "QB's need weapons to be good"

I always ask the question "Who is your top 3-5 QBs with no good weapons" and the list either never happens or its littered with guys like Trevor Lawrence,, Jordan Love, etc.

Hurts is under a new coordinator too fwiw. And for the most part, the playcalling has been pedestrian/average at best. The RPOs that really allowed for him to flourish last year are gone.

We could do the "give Hurts Dallas' defense" just as easy as people love to do the "Give My QB Hurts' weapons" I'm pretty sure the Eagles would not have a loss if they had Dallas' defense and DC.

And in the end comparing "who the better QB" is sorta fun, but it really doesn't matter in the end. Hurts has started like less than 50 games. Still developing. A more fair comparison probably is Hurts to Burrow/Tua/Herbert/Fields and for Dak its Goff, bc as we know it takes QB's a long time to get to their peak and truly develop. And its not a big surprise "QB's need weapons to be good"

I always ask the question "Who is your top 3-5 QBs with no good weapons" and the list either never happens or its littered with guys like Trevor Lawrence,, Jordan Love, etc.

We agree. Merry Christmas!

They may have only gotten a few sacks but they got the most pressures of Jalen's career. Their game plan was perfect.

Really? I was in the middle of replacing my water heater, so the game was just kind of a on in the background, but it seemed like he had all day back there.
On the minimal plays where they DIDN'T get pressure, they had our WRs blanketed. Some of that is the slow developing routes we insist on calling, but no, they stuck it to us.
It seem like when you threw the slant it was unstoppable. I think it’s the most unstoppable passing play in all of football but teams don’t use it as much anymore.
100% agree. I was screaming at the tv to just have AJ run a slant every time until they stop it. They just gave up on it just like the run. Its mindboggling.
Was surprised they didn’t run more slants too. Brown had a big play on the first drive where you could see the slant was wide open pre snap. If I can see it watching the game on TV, that should be obvious to a coaching staff. Glad they didn’t take advantage all game. SF would have kept running it until they adjusted.

Lane Johnson is a great player but as far as this game, Bosa did almost nothing but bull rushes, which I assume allows him better containment. The one time I actually saw him use a spin move, he almost got a sack and Hurts threw it away. Kind of makes me believe Bosa’s post game comments about their game plan to contain Hurts.

They may have only gotten a few sacks but they got the most pressures of Jalen's career. Their game plan was perfect.

Really? I was in the middle of replacing my water heater, so the game was just kind of a on in the background, but it seemed like he had all day back there.
On the minimal plays where they DIDN'T get pressure, they had our WRs blanketed. Some of that is the slow developing routes we insist on calling, but no, they stuck it to us.
It seem like when you threw the slant it was unstoppable. I think it’s the most unstoppable passing play in all of football but teams don’t use it as much anymore.
100% agree. I was screaming at the tv to just have AJ run a slant every time until they stop it. They just gave up on it just like the run. Its mindboggling.
Was surprised they didn’t run more slants too. Brown had a big play on the first drive where you could see the slant was wide open pre snap. If I can see it watching the game on TV, that should be obvious to a coaching staff. Glad they didn’t take advantage all game. SF would have kept running it until they adjusted.

Lane Johnson is a great player but as far as this game, Bosa did almost nothing but bull rushes, which I assume allows him better containment. The one time I actually saw him use a spin move, he almost got a sack and Hurts threw it away. Kind of makes me believe Bosa’s post game comments about their game plan to contain Hurts.
Should be an interesting matchup this weekend Lane vs Micah, but my guess is they won't put Micah on Lane b/c he usually owns him.
Last game Micah had 1.5 sacks and was abusing our RG that had his first career start, but Tyler Steen won't be starting this game so we will see how this chess match plays out.

I'll keep beating 2 drums.

1. commit to running the ball. Dallas has shown pretty much all year you CAN run on them.
2. Throw over the top to Bland. He seems to be able to get got on those type of passes and from what I can tell, Donovan Wilson is kinda average this year at safety.

Give Tony Romo - McNabb's defense.

Give Troy Hambrick - Barry Sanders' agility... what are we even talking about? Talking about giving Hurts the Cowboys defense (that was just talked about being shredded by the Seahawks upthread) seems like a ridiculous request and plays into exactly what we are saying... Give Hurts a defense, so he can sit on leads and not be a QB. Dak is putting up better numbers with less and that is the comparison.

They were talking about this a little on the radio today. Thinking about the seeding and what all that means to our playoff chances. If the season ended today, the seeding would go:
  1. Eagles-NFC East
  2. San Fran-NFC West
  3. Detroit-NFC North
  4. Atlanta-NFC South
  5. Dallas-Wildcard 1
  6. Minny-Wildcard 2
  7. Packers-Wildcard 3
So week one, we'd get a bye.
SF would (presumably) beat the Packers
Detroit would presumably beat Minnesota
Dallas would beat Atlanta

In that scenario, we'd have to play Dallas in week 2 and one of Detroit or, more likely, SF in the NFCCG. While the bye is a great thing, that's a tough couple of games.

If we lose to Dallas this week and then us and Dallas win out, we'd still win the NFC east but be the 2 seed. If that happens, week one, SF gets the bye and...

We'd (presumably) beat the Packers

Week 2 would send Detroit to us and Dallas to SF.
Assuming we beat Detroit, we'd face Dallas at home or SF in SF. You have to assume that the game between Dallas and SF would be knock down drag out fight. Just wondering if getting the 2 seed might be better than the 1. This of course stipulates that the bye week is huge and I'm only considering the prospective matchups.

They were talking about this a little on the radio today. Thinking about the seeding and what all that means to our playoff chances. If the season ended today, the seeding would go:
  1. Eagles-NFC East
  2. San Fran-NFC West
  3. Detroit-NFC North
  4. Atlanta-NFC South
  5. Dallas-Wildcard 1
  6. Minny-Wildcard 2
  7. Packers-Wildcard 3

In that scenario, we'd have to play Dallas in week 2 and one of Detroit or, more likely, SF in the NFCCG. While the bye is a great thing, that's a tough couple of games.

If we lose to Dallas this week and then us and Dallas win out, we'd still win the NFC east but be the 2 seed. If that happens, week one, SF gets the bye and...

Assuming we beat Detroit, we'd face Dallas at home or SF in SF. You have to assume that the game between Dallas and SF would be knock down drag out fight. Just wondering if getting the 2 seed might be better than the 1. This of course stipulates that the bye week is huge and I'm only considering the prospective matchups.
If we don’t win the division, we’d be 5th seed, at best. Means we’d to to ATL, then, assuming we win and all the favorites win- we’d be going TO SF week 2.

That would be suboptimal.

Give Tony Romo - McNabb's defense.

Give Troy Hambrick - Barry Sanders' agility... what are we even talking about? Talking about giving Hurts the Cowboys defense (that was just talked about being shredded by the Seahawks upthread) seems like a ridiculous request and plays into exactly what we are saying... Give Hurts a defense, so he can sit on leads and not be a QB. Dak is putting up better numbers with less and that is the comparison.
I guess my point was doing these hypotheticals is silly. If you are proud your 30 year old QB in his 9th year is outperforming a guy that hasn't started 3 full seasons, then that's cool. Good for you. Dak is playing better ball right now, sure. But I think both sort of have a reputation right now for who they are.

Hurts - Wills his team to win, is a guy that never gets down. Is a winner, despite the stats. The moment isn't too big for him.

Dak - big pressure moments, not so great. Puts up great regular season stats, but come playoff time, not so much. 11 career playoff passing TDs, but 7 came in 2 games. One being a home loss as the one seed and another being against the worst playoff team last year.

If you disagree with these takes that is fine. Its all opinion based.

Last edited:
  1. Eagles-NFC East
  2. San Fran-NFC West
  3. Detroit-NFC North
  4. Atlanta-NFC South
  5. Dallas-Wildcard 1
  6. Minny-Wildcard 2
  7. Packers-Wildcard 3

If we don’t win the division, we’d be 5th seed, at best. Means we’d to to ATL, then, assuming we win and all the favorites win- we’d be going TO SF week 2.

That would be suboptimal.
That's not true. We have one NFC loss, Dallas has 3. If Dallas beats us we still hold the tie-breaker over them and assuming they win out and we win out we'd win the NFC East and be the 2 seed since Dallas would have beaten the Lions (giving them a third NFC loss).

Is he?

Everyone that watches football understands the jury is still out on Hurts. Except the green goggle wearing bunch

ETA: the jury is still out on Dak too. These guys have years of football left to play

Uh, not really. Dak is on his 8th season. He is a solid QB (top 10 for sure) who has been an asset to Dallas.

The jury is not out on him at all. He is a good QB.

He was drafted with Wentz and Goff. You guys won that round, clearly.

Hurts and Dak actually match up pretty equally when it comes to athleticism and decision making.

I would love for this team to go back to the big game and win it all, but I don’t think it’s in the cards this year.

That Lombardi trophy has San Fran’s name written on it.

Users who are viewing this thread