What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (3 Viewers)

Thinking about which Eagle has ever had the highest fan approval rating and it has to be Kelce and his score right now would be 100/100. Even at his peak you have to figure there were some bigots in the fan base that didn't like Dawkins because of his "attitude" or something. And we know Hurts doesn't even have a 100 approval rating in this thread :lmao:

So, discounting the obvious like pulling an Aaron Hernandez or something else universally heinous, is there really anything he could ever do to ruin his 100 score? Tie the Lombardi to his bumper and drag it around the Linc parking lot? Retire as an Eagle then come back to play for Dallas?

Timely article about the best jersey to buy in Philly:

1. Jason Kelce, Eagles C​

Kelce may go down as the most beloved Philadelphia athlete of all time. People will be wearing Kelce jerseys until the end of days. How great do you need to be as a center with such an electric personality to top a list like this? Kelce is a 1-of-1 guy.

Thinking about which Eagle has ever had the highest fan approval rating and it has to be Kelce and his score right now would be 100/100. Even at his peak you have to figure there were some bigots in the fan base that didn't like Dawkins because of his "attitude" or something. And we know Hurts doesn't even have a 100 approval rating in this thread :lmao:

So, discounting the obvious like pulling an Aaron Hernandez or something else universally heinous, is there really anything he could ever do to ruin his 100 score? Tie the Lombardi to his bumper and drag it around the Linc parking lot? Retire as an Eagle then come back to play for Dallas?
Eagles fans wanted to run him out of town 8 years ago when he was on skates blocking larger DTs. There are multiple snapshot in time 100’s, Kelce is longer than most for sure but none are 100’s for their entire career.

Eagles fans wanted to run him out of town 8 years ago when he was on skates blocking larger DTs. There are multiple snapshot in time 100’s, Kelce is longer than most for sure but none are 100’s for their entire career.
Sure, he definitely had to climb to 100 but now that he’s there I don’t think he ever looses it, unlike other players that achieved it for a time.

Foles is probably closest. He’s at a 98 or 99 for life, with him never embracing the city like Kelce being the missing part of his resume.

Sure, he definitely had to climb to 100 but now that he’s there I don’t think he ever looses it, unlike other players that achieved it for a time.

Foles is probably closest. He’s at a 98 or 99 for life, with him never embracing the city like Kelce being the missing part of his resume.
Dawkins I think is pretty universal as a 100

I somehow missed the defensive $15 spending game.

DE - $5 Reggie. Any team without him is wrong.
DT - $3 Simon - Going on the assumption of getting the player at their best, so his first couple seasons.
LB - $2 Willie T - This is a crazy bargain
CB - $2 Vincent - Same
S - $3 Hopkins - Next best thing after Dawk.

What you got?

C.J. Gardner-Johnson really burning those bridges. It's going to be a long day on Twitter for him at the end of the season if the DET defense doesn't meet those qualifiers that decide his contract incentives.
I will say I was one of the main guys on here that REALLY wanted him back on the team. Definitely a player you usually love to have on your team and hate when he's not on your team. But now attacking fans lol, safe to say we dodged a bullet w this psycho.

Eagles everywhere update: just got back from a week in Maui and got 6 "Go Birds!" during our time on the island when wearing an Eagles shirt and/or hat.

Also ran into Ron Rivera, who was staying in the same section of our resort (and James Worthy, too) and another Eagles fan from CA (but born in NJ) was ribbing him about being on vacation instead of game planning for Jalen Hurts :P

C.J. Gardner-Johnson really burning those bridges. It's going to be a long day on Twitter for him at the end of the season if the DET defense doesn't meet those qualifiers that decide his contract incentives.

He’s not wrong honestly some of the fan base is too much especially those from talk radio. Fans are a tickled bunch a lot of times. There’s a lot of idiots amongst us abd I think instead of getting upset and defensive we need to do more to stop it.

I somehow missed the defensive $15 spending game.

DE - $5 Reggie. Any team without him is wrong.
DT - $3 Simon - Going on the assumption of getting the player at their best, so his first couple seasons.
LB - $2 Willie T - This is a crazy bargain
CB - $2 Vincent - Same
S - $3 Hopkins - Next best thing after Dawk.

What you got?
hmm fun game:

DE - Reggie White - $5. guy can handle double team on a regular basis, opening the field for the rest of the team
DT - Flethcher Cox - $4 - i know the last 2-3 years haven't been great, but getting this guy in his prime with Reggie next to him would have probably 5 blockers having to cover them.
LB - Willie T. - $2 under-rated LB, prob cause he simply didn't yell and show as much personality as he played
CB - agree here that Troy is a steal at $2. luckily it worked out because all i had was $2 left after my other picks
S - Andre Waters 2$ - all heart on this one, favorite player as a kid growing up watching the Eagles so can't leave him off the list.

He’s not wrong honestly some of the fan base is too much especially those from talk radio. Fans are a tickled bunch a lot of times. There’s a lot of idiots amongst us abd I think instead of getting upset and defensive we need to do more to stop it.

Maybe so but you don't say that. Comes off as a total ***. I'm glad he's no longer on the team

I know people have been turned off by his chirping this off season but I really feel bad for the guy.

Yeah also celebrating him getting injured like I’ve seen some fans doing on social media creates bad juju and karma for us. He’s a player you hate unless he’s on your team. Same as a Dennis Rodman or Joakim Noah in basketball

Maybe so but you don't say that. Comes off as a total ***. I'm glad he's no longer on the team

I'm kind of glad he did and would be if someone else said it. Over the last seasons especially after the SB win I feel a lot of the fanbase has come off as snarky and arrogant and unitelligent. I can't talk to many on football without many trying to act like some expert and thinking they need to have an opinion on everything. It's ok to say "I don't know a lot about this or that guy" "I don't know much about this coach let me look it up." "I dont know what that entails so I'll just listen." Instead a lot of people are talking like their opinion is fact.

I'm also sick of the whole "NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE" ******** because anything something negative is said about us, instead of brushing it off people have hissy fit, sports radio guys want to rally people with pitch forks and torches and march on said person. That is not at all what that saying is about.

The original version per wiki who explains it better

Supporters of other clubs, social groups and members of professions who perceive themselves as not being liked for various reasons, have used variations of the chant.[7][8] Wealdstone F.C., Burnley F.C., MK Dons, Crawley Town, AIK, Shamrock Rovers, Philadelphia Union, Columbus Crew SC, Seattle Sounders FC, Urawa Red Diamonds, Raith Rovers, Hertha BSC, Detroit City FC, RB Leipzig, FK Rad, San Diego State Aztecs men's basketball, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, and MSV Duisburg supporters have also adopted the chant.[9][10][11][12] Anaheim Ducks fans have adopted the line "No one likes us, we don't care" as an informal motto, usually replacing the "D" in "don't" for the team's logo, a stylized D. After an NHL playoff series against the Winnipeg Jets, some fans in Anaheim were shown on TV holding a banner with the motto.[13] Rangers supporters sing a version of the song with the lyrics changed to reflect a bitter rivalry with Celtic;[14] however, this version contains lyrics which have been condemned as sectarian.[citation needed] Non-league team Dulwich Hamlet F.C. also sing a version, with the lyrics changed to: "No one knows us, we don't care."[15]

During the Super Bowl LII victory parade for the Philadelphia Eagles on 8 February 2018, football center Jason Kelce sang a profane version of the chant referencing Philadelphia (which, as mentioned above, has been co-opted by Philadelphia Union supporters known as the Sons of Ben; that version uses the tune of "Oh, My Darling, Clementine", which has the same rhyming scheme as "Sailing", but a different melody) to the crowd's delight.[16] Kelce's version of the chant would be replicated in singalong format by Philadelphia Flyers mascot Gritty during the Flyers' February 12, 2023 home game, in support of the Eagles' appearance later that same evening at Super Bowl LVII.[17]

"No one likes us, we don't care" is a sports chant that originated as a football chant sung by supporters of the English football club Millwall in the late 1970s. It is sung to the tune of "(We Are) Sailing" by Rod Stewart.[1]

50px-Gnome-mime-sound-openclipart.svg.png
"No One Likes Us"
3:02
No one likes us, we don't care. Sung by Millwall supporters in the Cold Blow Lane stand.

Problems playing this file? See media help.

The late 1960s saw the rise of fan violence and football hooliganism throughout England; Millwall was one of several English teams that saw elements of hooliganism develop within its fanbase. The club's fans created the chant in response to sustained criticism of their behaviour from the press and media, who perpetuated an image of them as violent hooligans. It has since been adopted by supporters of several different sports teams around the world. The chant reached a worldwide audience when Millwall reached the 2004 FA Cup Final

Today the clubs who sing it is more of a **** off type deal. Brush it off our shoulder etc. But it seems more and more people are buying into the sports radio hooliganism and caring what people say. Who cares really. If athletes like from the 49ers and Vikings and their fans want to talk **** let them. They are trolling for reactions and idiots in our fanbase is giving it too them.

I feel like we need more athletes who don't ******** and act like a politician in a city. call fans out when acting poorly. Fans that don't like it that's on them. We need to do better as fans and get back to the basics. We got 1 SB in our history we aren't a dynasty lets start acting like we've been there before.

:oldunsure:
Dude was carted off the practice field today.

Cue Jerry Seinfeld "That's a shame."
Yep, he’s definitely wrong about eagles fans :lmao:
Add it to the list of things he was wrong about, including his market value.

Since retiring from the NFL in 2022, Brandon Brooks has fully committed himself to excelling as a financial professional. He is set to receive his MBA from UPenn’s prestigious Wharton School of Business in 2024, and is currently working as a Summer Associate at Goldman Sachs.

Riiiiiiight :lol:

Riiiiiiight :lol:
I am. Thanks.

I've seen a few storylines lately on how the Eagles losses on D will cause them to take a step back. I truly don't understand that - their defensive draft was A+ as far as I am concerned. My feeling is the D is even better than last year.

I've seen a few storylines lately on how the Eagles losses on D will cause them to take a step back. I truly don't understand that - their defensive draft was A+ as far as I am concerned. My feeling is the D is even better than last year.
It makes sense b/c the guys we lost had career years

MLB TJ Edwards hardly came off the field and had like 160 tackles - replaced by Nakobe Dean, who should do well, but I'm not sure he has as many tackles this year
DT Javon Hargrave had a career high 11+ sacks - replaced by Jalen Carter. I don't think either guy will get double digit sacks this year though, rookie DT's usually take some time
LB Kyzir White, while not out of this world, had his best year as a pro - replaced by Nick Morrow, who had a solid season, but the bears just let him go, no offer
Safety Cj Gardner Johnson - ranked middle of the pack as a S per various next gen folks like PFF, but 6 picks in 11 games is tough. Replaced by UDFA Reed Blankenship
Safetu Marcus Epps, who was an UDFA himself also had a career year, replaced by Terrell Edmunds, who had a solid start to his career in Pittsburgh, who didn't even off a contract

New DC too. Will run the same scheme as before, but might have some growing pains.

Its gonna be tough to be "as good" as the team was last year considering they ranked #2 in pass D and racked up 70 sacks (only the 4th time in NFL history this number has been reached)

I'd say a small step back but in a year or two it will be a step forward.

Offense shouldn't take any steps back though.

Dropping from 14/15 wins to 12 is fine with me though

A lot of change and rookies traditionally don't become all pros right away. So it's right to expect a step back but wouldn't be surprised if they keep on rolling by the end of the year.

Since retiring from the NFL in 2022, Brandon Brooks has fully committed himself to excelling as a financial professional. He is set to receive his MBA from UPenn’s prestigious Wharton School of Business in 2024, and is currently working as a Summer Associate at Goldman Sachs.
Would love to reach out to that guy for financial advice.

My only concern would be the change at coordinator. Nolan Smith is pro ready right now - mentally so far ahead. Jalen Carter being around Nakobe, JD, and Nolan was a genius move. Somehow people forgot Jalen Carter was the best overall player in the draft. The guys around him will keep his head straight in my opinion, and if that happens I think by mid year this D is very nasty.

Would love to reach out to that guy for financial advice.

If he's working at Goldman Sachs, his financial advice will probably land you or him in prison.

I worry about losing BOTH coordinators. I don't think the personnel are all that different (quality wise) as a whole
Yeah not worried about losing Gannon. Good/Great QB's often torched his D.

Scratches head. You sure about that?

Top Passing performances against Eagles last season

Wk 16: Dak Prescott - 347 yards
Wk 12: Rodgers/Love - 253 yards
Wk 05: Kyler Murray - 250 yards
Wk 17: Dalton/Hill - 225 yards
Wk 02: Kirk Cousins - 221 yards
Wk 01: Jared Goff - 215 yards
Wk 11: Matt Ryan - 213 yards
SB: Patrick Mahomes 182 yards

Eagles led the league in Pass Yards Against, Net Yards per Attempt.

I worry about losing BOTH coordinators. I don't think the personnel are all that different (quality wise) as a whole
Yeah not worried about losing Gannon. Good/Great QB's often torched his D.

Scratches head. You sure about that?

Top Passing performances against Eagles last season

Wk 16: Dak Prescott - 347 yards
Wk 12: Rodgers/Love - 253 yards
Wk 05: Kyler Murray - 250 yards
Wk 17: Dalton/Hill - 225 yards
Wk 02: Kirk Cousins - 221 yards
Wk 01: Jared Goff - 215 yards
Wk 11: Matt Ryan - 213 yards
SB: Patrick Mahomes 182 yards

Eagles led the league in Pass Yards Against, Net Yards per Attempt.
I am sure. Lets check out 2021:

Jimmy G: 22/30 1 td 189 yards 1 TD
Dak Game 1: 21/26 238, 3 TDs
Mahomes: 24-30 278 yards 5 TDs
Brady: 24-32 297 2 Tds
Derek Carr: 31-34 323 yards 2 TDs
Herbert: 32-38 356 yards 2 TDs

In my eyes, the scheme didn't really change or any adjustments last year. Just a better offense to put the defense in a better position, who added more quality players on that side of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread