What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread (1 Viewer)

Hey, I'm here! Just not a lot to report. We're very nervous about the shaky state of the offensive line, so there won't be a lot of talk until we see what they can do.

But as bad as we were last year, we still managed to sweep Who Dat!!!!

I guess there's not really any Atlanta fans on the board.
Heck I live in North Carolina and pull for the Panthers and I think I give this thread more action than anybody.

Always kinda liked the Falcons.

Took a trip to their training camp Vick's second year in the league. Dan Reeves was their coach. Got autographs from both.

I've owned Matty Ice in dynasty for a few years now so I keep tabs.

Outside of that, <crickets>.

Atlanta fans, is Roddy done or what? Hankerson #2 now?
Longtime Falcon follower here. Hankerson is giving him some serious competition. Team says Roddy and Hank are like WR2a and b. Watching all pre-season the fans speculated that Hank would take Roddy's job due to his excellent rapport and performance with Ryan as Roddy was sidelined. Roddy opted not to have recommended surgery on his knee. The knee will likely need to be drained from time to time and swelling could occur. Also had some issues with his elbow. If I had to pick one I would go with Hank.

4-0! Great start to the season - couldn't have dreamed of this kind of start to Quinn's tenure.

Don't want to get too far ahead but we only have two games on the schedule right now against teams over .500 - granted its week 5 but that schedule looks really soft other than Carolina. We'll lose several but things are lined up nicely for a playoff spot.

Next up - Falcons going for the NFC East crown against the Redskins.

Atlanta fans, is Roddy done or what? Hankerson #2 now?
Longtime Falcon follower here. Hankerson is giving him some serious competition. Team says Roddy and Hank are like WR2a and b. Watching all pre-season the fans speculated that Hank would take Roddy's job due to his excellent rapport and performance with Ryan as Roddy was sidelined. Roddy opted not to have recommended surgery on his knee. The knee will likely need to be drained from time to time and swelling could occur. Also had some issues with his elbow. If I had to pick one I would go with Hank.
I've been really shocked by Hankerson - he never showed much in Washington so I didn't have any expectations- he's been great so far.

5-0! Very sloppy play by Ryan - he almost gave the game away. Really like the fact that we can run the ball and stop the run - it's a good recipe to win games. It concerns me that we cannot get pressure on the opponents QB - luckily we don't face a lot of good QBs. Too soon to look ahead and they haven't looked like a really good team yet - could easily have their first loss Thursday night.

After watching these 5 games it makes me almost angry they didn't fire Smith sooner.

Hoping Quinn can figure out a way to get some pressure on Brees - could be a shootout if we can't. I don't know if the numbers back it up but it seems like the Saints ran on the Falcons really well the last couple of years. That's one area that the D has been vastly improved.

Sure looks like a team that has quit. I cannot believe how bad Ryan has become...looks like a juicy shootout at Jax next week but I don't know if ATL will hold up their end of the bargain.

Can anyone explain this team to me? They started 5-0, they are now on a 0-6 slide, 1-7 in last 8. WTF happened?

Can anyone explain this team to me? They started 5-0, they are now on a 0-6 slide, 1-7 in last 8. WTF happened?
Very strange one. The Oline was playing lights out at the start of the year. Ryan and Freeman were in a groove. Both have hit a bit of a wall, mainly Ryan. Julio facing tougher defenders and isn't as fresh as the start of the season. I could see a huge game next week but nothing in weeks 16 and 17.

Good grief this is a lonely thread.

I think the Falcons quietly had a very nice first day of free agency.  Just having a guy who could snap the ball to the QB would have been worth 2 wins last year.  Landing Mack is a huge upgrade to the overall offense.  There's typically a steal in free agency - perhap Shelby is that guy this year- he certainly has upside potential.  Schaub comes back to Atlanta (was traded to Houston in 2007 right before the Mick Vick dog killing/Bobby Petrino "I left an "I quit" note on your locker" all-time franchise low season (which is saying a lot when you talk about the Falcons) fiasco - hopefully Schaub never sees the field except in mop-up duty, but he'll be the best backup QB we've had since Chris Redman.  Clayborn re-ups to provide some DL rotational depth.

Still a lot of needs for this team, but it's a step in the right direction.

really think the oline was the biggest need and mack signing is huge for them

agree with shelby and clayborn. great start. hoping they dont throw alot of money at sanu.  seems like a dime a dozen.

Atlanta has a nice schedule down the stretch.  KC, @LA, SF, @Car.  I would like to know homer's thoughts on your D.  Prospects, overall health, etc.

Thank you.

Atlanta has a nice schedule down the stretch.  KC, @LA, SF, @Car.  I would like to know homer's thoughts on your D.  Prospects, overall health, etc.

Thank you.

Defense has been playing better, they actually have a pass rush now and Vic Beasley is becoming a stud. The best defensive player Trufant is out for the year and Clayborn, probably the 2nd best pass rusher is out for a month. They have a real favorable schedule though and shutdown Arizona for the most part without Trufant and Clayborn (who was out most of the game).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a damn good football team worthy of a lot more than 5 posts for the season.  The most fun Falcons team I can remember since 1998.  A dynamic  offense that can beat you in a lot of ways...Ryan playing the best football of his career (MVP level)...and a very young D that is getting better every week- better than their "stats" show too. 

The front office and coaching staff have done a remarkable job at drafting, building depth and coaching up players.

It's not the same team or team culture from the Mike Smith era either.  I'm not sure that this is a team anyone wants to meet in the playoffs.

The arrow is pointing to RISE UP!

Still amazed there is no talk about this team.  An historic offense and a very young improving defense that is much better than people are giving credit to.

they're the falcs, not much to see folks.
You're right.

All I see is:

• 2-0 against the Saints.
  • 5-1 in the NFC South.
  • #2 Seed in the NFC
  • One of the most prolific offenses in NFL HISTORY - 33.8 pts per game average.  
  • MVP Candidate QB- 13 different players caught a TD from Ryan this season.
  • One of the most if not most dominate WRs in the game
  • The best 1-2 punch RB tandem in the league
  •  2016 NFL Sack Leader
  • 6 Pro-Bowlers
  • A young an improving Defense that probably won't hit it's stride for at least another year
And all those pieces locked into place for the foreseeable future.

God do I hope everyone continues to see "nothing here".

You're right.

All I see is:

• 5-1 in the NFC South.
  • #2 Seed in the NFC
  •  2016 NFL Sack Leader
  • 6 Pro-Bowlers
  • A young an improving Defense that probably won't hit it's stride for at least another year

Lucky wins vs the Saints. Pick 6 by Debo Jones & a lousy reverse on a TD. 

You're right.

All I see is:

• 5-1 in the NFC South.
  • #2 Seed in the NFC
  •  2016 NFL Sack Leader
  • 6 Pro-Bowlers

Offensive coordinator will probably be gone - Broncos have already asked permission

Sherman marches on Atlanta. Guessing that Ryan targets WRs on his side of the field more than Stafford did. Seattle had huge uncharacteristic miscommunication plays in their secondary the first go round. Doubtful that happens again. 

Good luck this week. Hope we have a clean game where both teams play well. 

Sherman marches on Atlanta. Guessing that Ryan targets WRs on his side of the field more than Stafford did. Seattle had huge uncharacteristic miscommunication plays in their secondary the first go round. Doubtful that happens again. 

Good luck this week. Hope we have a clean game where both teams play well. 
Should be a great game!  Glad we have a head coach who knows a little something about the Seattle D, and another coach who knows how to exploit it.  As I've said...Atlanta is a better team (on both sides of the ball) than people are giving credit.

Should be a great game!  Glad we have a head coach who knows a little something about the Seattle D, and another coach who knows how to exploit it.  As I've said...Atlanta is a better team (on both sides of the ball) than people are giving credit.
Do you feel they are as good defensively? I think the perception is that they have problems on that side of the ball. And if Beasley is hurt, wouldn't that exacerbate those problems?

Do you feel they are as good defensively? I think the perception is that they have problems on that side of the ball. And if Beasley is hurt, wouldn't that exacerbate those problems?
Beasley isn't hurt.  He did come out of the Saints game, but went back in and got a sack to boot.

Notes from last Monday: Falcons coach Dan Quinn said the left shoulder injury sustained by linebacker Vic Beasley on Sunday against the Saints won't limit the Pro Bowl linebacker and won't prevent him from practicing this week.

"He came through the game fine," Quinn said Monday. "It was sore, but he did a really good job."

Re: the Defense.  Hell no it's not as good as the offense...It's young and improving.  I've watched all these games and this unit is growing.  They are built in the style of Seattle's - and are playing "fast and physical" just like you guys.  The pundits just look at stats or yards given up and say "the D is bad".  These are the same people who graded our draft a "C"  or said we'd win at most 3 games this year.  Truth is by the 4th quarter the Falcons have been up by a lot...so the D  is just trying to keep the ball in front and grind time off the clock.  Since their bye week in November they've come on pretty strong.

They gave up 19 against Arizona.

29 to the Chiefs but remember Ryan threw a pick 6 and a pick 2...the D only gave up 20.

14 pts against the Rams (all 14 in the 4th qtr when the Falcons were up by 42pts)

13 pts against the Niners (shutting them out in the 2nd half)

16 pts against the Panthers

32 against the Saints (19 of those came in the 4th quarter after the score was 38-13 and the Saints were in desperation mode and Drew Brees was playing for records)

If Seattle wants to overlook the D fine by me.

This unit is making huge strides...and are just a couple of pieces away from being dominant.  Remember too that they start 7 players who have been in the league less than 2 years - four of those rookies.  Remember your 2010-11 drafts...same thing happening here.

I think Saturday will be a heck of a game.  

It might take a couple more wins...but I think this is a pretty good football team that everyone continues to overlook.  As I've said for weeks...a fantastic offense and a defense that is a lot better than people give credit too.  This is fun!

RISING UP! 

Users who are viewing this thread