What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cleveland Browns - Open at Home v Dallas (1 Viewer)

Browns have the 2nd best record in the AFC.............sucks to be in same division as the #1 team

The 2023 Cleveland Brown season has been magical.
Right now, we stand at 11-5 with a home record of:
8-1
And a road record of:
3-4
------------------------------------------------------
In Cleveland Browns ALL-TIME history, they have played in 37 playoff/championship games.
They have won 17 times and lost 20 times.
AT HOME the all-time playoff record is:
14-5
AWAY their all-time playoff record is:
3-15
The last away win was three years ago in Pittsburgh without ANY CROWD noise.
The other two AWAY playoff wins?
1969 and 1955.
Having home field advantage in a playoff game cannot be underestimated or undersold. It is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Last edited:
Anything but a late Saturday game would be swell I guess, though rooting for sunday
two east coast teams, I doubt they would pull either late slot.
The last time we were in the playoffs we drew a primetime slot. The afternoon slot would be much more driven by our opponent. I would MUCH prefer 1 pm Sunday as then I don't need to figure out how to watch (Sat 4:30 is on Peacock), but the only matchup I see with potentially less ratings power is PHI v NFC South.

Anything but a late Saturday game would be swell I guess, though rooting for sunday
two east coast teams, I doubt they would pull either late slot.
The last time we were in the playoffs we drew a primetime slot. The afternoon slot would be much more driven by our opponent. I would MUCH prefer 1 pm Sunday as then I don't need to figure out how to watch (Sat 4:30 is on Peacock), but the only matchup I see with potentially less ratings power is PHI v NFC South.
i believe they have to put the game on broadcast if you live in/near Cleveland you should not have to figure out the Peacock thing.

Flacco has had a decent career. a chance to win a superbowl likely appeals to him more than money does.
someone brought this up a few weeks ago.

Flacco has one Super Bowl win.

if he gets a second, he's likely going to Canton.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Flacco is currently the 49th highest ranked QB according to PFR's HOF Monitor Score (with a score of 51.09). The average score for a HOF QB is 108. Two rings would get him tied with Jim Plunkett . . . who has a score of 47.99 (ranked 53rd). The lowest score for an inducted HOFer is Jim Kelly at 59.10.

Flacco has very little to highlight across his career. He never ranked in the Top 5 in passing yards, passing TD, or passer rating. He ranks 64th in career passer rating. His teams of gone 101-82 in the regular season. And he's never received a single MVP vote (to go along with his 0 All Pro and 0 Pro Bowl selections). He had one playoff run for the ages (11 TD with 0 INT the year BAL won). But as a career? He hasn't ever really been considered a top QB. (No QB has been inducted with 0 Pro Bowl selections.)

I will be rooting for Joe, except if/when he faces the Ravens, of course. I think the Browns handle the AFC South champ, only question will be whether or not another AFC Wild Card team can also pull off a road win and delay Joe's return to Baltimore until the AFC Championship.

With the win vs the Jets last Thursday, Flacco now has 103 career wins, moving out of a tie with Warren Moon into #17 on the all-time NFL QB wins list

Next on the list is Terry Bradshaw with 107 wins. Flacco is not a Hall of Famer but he sure has won a lot of football games, in part because he couldn't care less about his stats as long as his team wins. Only 19 QBs in NFL history have won 100 games - though Stafford with a career record of 98-108 is poised to become the first to do it with a losing record (Moon is 102-101, Eli is 117-117)

After Stafford, Andy Dalton is next among active QBs with 83 wins and Tannehill is at 80 - kind of doubt either of them get to 100. Cousins is next at 76 - maybe he makes it? And then Mahomes at 74, who will definitely end up high on the all-time list

I will be rooting for Joe, except if/when he faces the Ravens, of course. I think the Browns handle the AFC South champ, only question will be whether or not another AFC Wild Card team can also pull off a road win and delay Joe's return to Baltimore until the AFC Championship.

With the win vs the Jets last Thursday, Flacco now has 103 career wins, moving out of a tie with Warren Moon into #17 on the all-time NFL QB wins list

Next on the list is Terry Bradshaw with 107 wins. Flacco is not a Hall of Famer but he sure has won a lot of football games, in part because he couldn't care less about his stats as long as his team wins. Only 19 QBs in NFL history have won 100 games - though Stafford with a career record of 98-108 is poised to become the first to do it with a losing record (Moon is 102-101, Eli is 117-117)

After Stafford, Andy Dalton is next among active QBs with 83 wins and Tannehill is at 80 - kind of doubt either of them get to 100. Cousins is next at 76 - maybe he makes it? And then Mahomes at 74, who will definitely end up high on the all-time list
It's really hard to compare current QBs vs. guys from other eras. Old timers played fewer games and had shorter careers. As you mentioned, Flacco has 103 wins, but he will probably be passed by Stafford, Mahomes, Prescott, Allen, and Lamar in the next 5 years.

Flacco is in a category all of his own. Yes, he got to 100 wins, but he's never even made the Pro Bowl let alone been an All Pro, never earned one regular season MVP vote, and never ranked in the Top 5 in any major passing category in any season. All the wins likely speak more to the strength of the Ravens over a strong 7-year stretch than it does of Flacco's skills and abilities.

[RodRoddyvoice]

Jeff Driskel, come on down! You're the next QB for the Cleveland Browns!!!

[/RodRoddyvoice]

Last edited:
with the way this season has gone, they absolutely need to rest as many players as possible this Sunday.

but woof, is this game going to be ugly.

i sincerely hope both teams hand the football off every play to keep the clock running.

with the way this season has gone, they absolutely need to rest as many players as possible this Sunday.

but woof, is this game going to be ugly.

i sincerely hope both teams hand the football off every play to keep the clock running.
There's going to be multiple prison inmate games to chose from this weekend. They likened it to a pre-season game which I thought summed it up nicely.

only question will be whether or not another AFC Wild Card team can also pull off a road win and delay Joe's return to Baltimore until the AFC Championship.
It seems more likely than not the East WC team would beat KC :2cents:

Browns are the toughest 'out' in afc playoffs. NO ONE , I mean NO one, wants to play this team right now. they're a legit SB contender. I look forward to seeing them in the AFC championship game with a shot at the SB. dont forget, the NFL is fixing things, so they want the two of the remain teams to never go to a SB to play each other in Vegas.
it's been too long. they fixed it for Brady in TB to win on home turf. fixed the chiefs last season. fixed the pats for decades.
all joking aside, this is the game I'd want to see the most. but I would also like to see buffalo go back to the game and finally, FINALLY win it!

Browns are the toughest 'out' in afc playoffs. NO ONE , I mean NO one, wants to play this team right now. they're a legit SB contender. I look forward to seeing them in the AFC championship game with a shot at the SB. dont forget, the NFL is fixing things, so they want the two of the remain teams to never go to a SB to play each other in Vegas.
it's been too long. they fixed it for Brady in TB to win on home turf. fixed the chiefs last season. fixed the pats for decades.
all joking aside, this is the game I'd want to see the most. but I would also like to see buffalo go back to the game and finally, FINALLY win it!
I’ve been pounding the drum for Lions/Browns Super Bowl all season.

win either way.

bills v browns is my IDEAL afc championship game... this way I can't "lose" by having either my team, or my "hometown team" in the SB

“ If the Bengals beat the Browns, that would push them to 9-8 on the season, and if that happens, it would make the AFC North the first division since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 to have EVERY single team finish above .500. ”

Down to 2 possible teams now Houston or Jacksonville.
I don't care one way or the other but...
Houston won yesterday at home so they would have an extra day of rest and one less travel day.
Jacksonville plays today at Tennesse so they would have one LESS day of rest and one MORE travel day.
A well-rested Browns team would gain by playing the least-rested opponent.

I’d rather they play the Jags, but it’s looking like they’re heading to Houston.

Hope the players that got to rest today have a little extra juice next week.

We definitely have a coach and a coach of the year candidate.
-------------------------
Whatever it takes
-------------------------
I posted this on November 19 after we beat the Steelers because you can 'feel' something with this team. It is a tight group.
I love this team and haven't felt that before.
I think we can go all the way and win.
One game at a time and the new season begins next weekend.
Let's F'ng go!

So no Hopkins vs HOU, and Delpit is a maybe.

At least weather shouldn't be a factor for Patterson, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for it on 4th downs, or go for 2 following a TD.

So no Hopkins vs HOU, and Delpit is a maybe.

At least weather shouldn't be a factor for Patterson, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for it on 4th downs, or go for 2 following a TD.
I hate that for Hopkins. Dude had a Pro Bowl year until the injury. Hope he can come back but a hammy for a keeker is a tough one.

I’d rather they play the Jags
I wouldn't...or at least I'm indifferent which AFC South team we drew. This experience will benefit them in the future, but the key play makers (HC included) on Houston haven't been in the playoffs before and there are leaks to expose on both sides of the ball. It helps that Demeco doesn't play to his offense's strengths. He errs conservative, relying on the run game despite a much more prolific passing offense, which keeps opponents in games they shouldn't. Neither the Colts nor Broncos games should've been in doubt late, but in each instance the opposition had the ball in the red zone in the final minute with a shot to win. Stroud was lights out in each, but only attempted a combined 53 passes. This approach increases the margin for error with Flacco, so given his propensity to throwing picks that's a great thing and puts us in position to take the game with explosive plays.

at this point, i just can't wait for Saturday to get here.

that "game" in Cincinnati certainly didn't help either.

it's been two weeks since their last meaningful game.

I feel the same way. Been reading more articles about the CLE defense vs Stroud. I was nervous at first, but seeing how Stroud struggles vs Man and CLE plays Man quite often, I'm not as nervous. I don't want to get confident/cocky, but I see it as a winnable game. With the defense as rested as they've ever been this season, I think they'll make life difficult on Stroud. Knowing that Houston only really has Nico and Schultz to throw to on offense should open up some opportunities with our secondary. Now I'm just ready to get it started and see what happens!

I feel the same way. Been reading more articles about the CLE defense vs Stroud. I was nervous at first, but seeing how Stroud struggles vs Man and CLE plays Man quite often, I'm not as nervous. I don't want to get confident/cocky, but I see it as a winnable game. With the defense as rested as they've ever been this season, I think they'll make life difficult on Stroud. Knowing that Houston only really has Nico and Schultz to throw to on offense should open up some opportunities with our secondary. Now I'm just ready to get it started and see what happens!
it's definitely a winnable game, the Browns are actually favored.

and by all measures, they are the better team.

we're just so used to losing that we're afraid to expect this team to win.

but they really should.

Users who are viewing this thread