What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cleveland Browns - THE RETURN OF CADE YORK (2 Viewers)

Delpit done for the year now too. The Gods of the NFL are trying as hard as possible to make this team of destiny fail.
I'm looking at the IR like a draft where you have 3-4 first rounders and 5-6 seconds. The infusion of talent over the offseason will be amazing!
in theory!

the silver lining to this season is that a lot of players are getting playing time they normally wouldn't.

look at how much Dawand Jones has developed, for example.

Delpit done for the year now too. The Gods of the NFL are trying as hard as possible to make this team of destiny fail.
I'm looking at the IR like a draft where you have 3-4 first rounders and 5-6 seconds. The infusion of talent over the offseason will be amazing!
in theory!

the silver lining to this season is that a lot of players are getting playing time they normally wouldn't.

look at how much Dawand Jones has developed, for example.
What was the stat that Sanchez the goofball was putting out yesterday? Something like 56% of our payroll is on IR right now? They showed the graphic and I zoned out, clean me up on the % but it was a lot.

Flacco has had a decent career. a chance to win a superbowl likely appeals to him more than money does.
someone brought this up a few weeks ago.

Flacco has one Super Bowl win.

if he gets a second, he's likely going to Canton.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Flacco is currently the 49th highest ranked QB according to PFR's HOF Monitor Score (with a score of 51.09). The average score for a HOF QB is 108. Two rings would get him tied with Jim Plunkett . . . who has a score of 47.99 (ranked 53rd). The lowest score for an inducted HOFer is Jim Kelly at 59.10.

Flacco has very little to highlight across his career. He never ranked in the Top 5 in passing yards, passing TD, or passer rating. He ranks 64th in career passer rating. His teams of gone 101-82 in the regular season. And he's never received a single MVP vote (to go along with his 0 All Pro and 0 Pro Bowl selections). He had one playoff run for the ages (11 TD with 0 INT the year BAL won). But as a career? He hasn't ever really been considered a top QB. (No QB has been inducted with 0 Pro Bowl selections.)

Flacco has had a decent career. a chance to win a superbowl likely appeals to him more than money does.
someone brought this up a few weeks ago.

Flacco has one Super Bowl win.

if he gets a second, he's likely going to Canton.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Flacco is currently the 49th highest ranked QB according to PFR's HOF Monitor Score (with a score of 51.09). The average score for a HOF QB is 108. Two rings would get him tied with Jim Plunkett . . . who has a score of 47.99 (ranked 53rd). The lowest score for an inducted HOFer is Jim Kelly at 59.10.

Flacco has very little to highlight across his career. He never ranked in the Top 5 in passing yards, passing TD, or passer rating. He ranks 64th in career passer rating. His teams of gone 101-82 in the regular season. And he's never received a single MVP vote (to go along with his 0 All Pro and 0 Pro Bowl selections). He had one playoff run for the ages (11 TD with 0 INT the year BAL won). But as a career? He hasn't ever really been considered a top QB. (No QB has been inducted with 0 Pro Bowl selections.)
i didn't word that correctly.

the theory was that Flacco thought maybe he could get into Canton with another Super Bowl ring.

if you haven't played with the playoff calculator yet, it's pretty cool.

link

if the Browns win the Jets game, but lose on the road to the Texans and Bengals, they still have a 93% chance to make the playoffs.

Being reported that CJ Stroud is till in concussion protocol and is set to miss sunday's game with the Browns
I'm glad the Texans are making the right call on this. CTE is real and it makes no sense to expose ANY PLAYER let alone a true franchise QB like CJ to further injury.
I wish we would have sat Denzel early in his career when he got his first concussions.
Stroud has sensitivity to light and should be sat. I applaud the move by the Texans on many levels but mainly because I want to see this kid play and get even better over the years. Good to see a team do good by a player for a change and hope CJ gets well soon.
--------------------------------------------------------
Jim Donavan making the game-winning call.
LINK
The Browns have won EVERY GAME that Jimmy has called this season.
Here is a different view of the play.
LINK

Last edited:
Good coaching can help teams overcome injuries, CLE appears to have a good one in Stefanski. Pretty amazing year with all of the adversity. I also think if you have an offensive minded coach your chances of absorbing a starting quarterback injury are much greater as well. Rooting for you guys, fun to watch this ride.

Good coaching can help teams overcome injuries, CLE appears to have a good one in Stefanski. Pretty amazing year with all of the adversity. I also think if you have an offensive minded coach your chances of absorbing a starting quarterback injury are much greater as well. Rooting for you guys, fun to watch this ride.
Yea and we want to fire him every year :lmao: I think he earns the extension this year though. Still has questionable calls but he's coached his *** off this year and it will be a got damn tragedy if he doesn't win coach of the year.

Rooting for you guys, fun to watch this ride.
It’s funny how Joe takes the Browns from among the most detested franchises in the league to one many of us are cheering for.
With the Titans being well out of things, I’ll be cheering for the Lions first and Joe and the Browns for the AFC.

Rooting for you guys, fun to watch this ride.
It’s funny how Joe takes the Browns from among the most detested franchises in the league to one many of us are cheering for.
With the Titans being well out of things, I’ll be cheering for the Lions first and Joe and the Browns for the AFC.
my wife’s family are all Lions fans.

since it’s NFC I always root for them.

Anyone else prepared for that "99% chance" ending with us being out of the playoffs?

I am. A lifetime of this team has me prepared for EVERYTHING. I won't even rule out a Super Bowl at this point.

Every week the hits just keep on coming, K Dustin Hopkins week-to-week with a hammy, P Corey Bojorquez questionable with a quad and back up QB Dorian Thompson Robinson out for the IR with a hip. Our most recent signing is kicking at the stadium as I type (Riley Patterson) and hopefully somebody picked up Matt Haak at the airport so he can start punting today.

**** me, make it stop!

Every week the hits just keep on coming, K Dustin Hopkins week-to-week with a hammy, P Corey Bojorquez questionable with a quad and back up QB Dorian Thompson Robinson out for the IR with a hip. Our most recent signing is kicking at the stadium as I type (Riley Patterson) and hopefully somebody picked up Matt Haak at the airport so he can start punting today.

**** me, make it stop!
yikes.

they just can’t catch a break this year.

Since 99:

Stefanski has 2 of the Browns 3 playoff appearances and 2 of their 4 winning seasons.

He is the only Browns head coach with a winning record. (Not counting interim head coaches)

Let that sink in for a minute.

Since 99:

Stefanski has 2 of the Browns 3 playoff appearances and 2 of their 4 winning seasons.

He is the only Browns head coach with a winning record. (Not counting interim head coaches)

And every year there are some calling for him to go because of his playcalling. What he has done this year with the injuries they have has been absolutely impressive.

We have had some terrible coaches! HUE FREAKING JACKSON lasted for 40 games before they realized he sucked. Kitchens was an absolute joke. Mangini was another one that just drove me bonkers. It's sad that Butch Davis was the best browns coach since 1999 until Stefanski showed up.

What an amazing run this team has had. When Chubb went down it felt like any real chances at an amazing season were gone. Having Watson never find himself and then getting the season ending injury all hope was lost. I remember when they signed Flacco I laughed and told a coworker "Maybe he'll be able to teach Walker to throw the ball with some touch or something". What a hollywood esque story with Joe coming in off his couch and just stepping right in on this team. Went from someone on the hated Ravens to the King of Cleveland. Even my wife who is not a football fan sat down with me to watch the first half last night because she wanted to see what the Flacco buzz was all about.

Since 99:

And every year there are some calling for him to go because of his playcalling. What he has done this year with the injuries they have has been absolutely impressive.

We have had some terrible coaches! HUE FREAKING JACKSON lasted for 40 games before they realized he sucked. Kitchens was an absolute joke. Mangini was another one that just drove me bonkers. It's sad that Butch Davis was the best browns coach since 1999 until Stefanski showed up.
I actually liked Pettine, but he was saddled with Manziel.

Since 99:

I actually liked Pettine, but he was saddled with Manziel.
Speaking of Manziel... Flacco only needs 60 more passing yards to pass him at #31 of all time Browns passing leaders. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread