What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cowboys Thread. Tyler meet Tyler… also did you meet Tyler??? (1 Viewer)

Soooooo ... Dowdle and Vaughn it is?
I thought for sure yesterday it was Henry, Jones or Mixon, would have put money on it. Today I am at a loss. Who is there left besides Rico and Deuce? Draft an RB?
Yeah that's what I'd expect now.
Who's left in FA? They better hit on their draft pick(s) at RB or they are going to be even more screwed than they already are.

Perhaps we are dismantling.
Lame duck coach and QB with 1 year to go on both contracts.

June 1 cut - going full Bronco’s Russell Wilson Style?

Last edited:
I thought for sure yesterday it was Henry, Jones or Mixon, would have put money on it. Today I am at a loss. Who is there left besides Rico and Deuce? Draft an RB?
Who's left in FA? They better hit on their draft pick(s) at RB or they are going to be even more screwed than they already are.
Penny

Penny
oh man. if the Cowboys sign Penny, I am getting all kinds of Boston Scoot vs the NYG vibes when Dal and Phi would play

I'm not a big fan of free agents, most get overpaid. It seems the Cowboys have learned to be more careful with their cap over the last few years. Save money for Ceedee and Parsons. I hope they DO NOT resign Dak, he needs to have a good final year of his contract and a deep playoff push, if he doesn't they should move on. He already got paid, that was more than enough.

My guess is that Bill Belichick is your coach next season. Big Mike had a good run and will be remembered, but if he doesn't get it done this year, opportunity meets potential.

I am more devastated we didn't get Patrick Queen. Our interior run defense is nothing short of awful. I think he would have helped bolster that group. I don't like Mazi. I never liked Mazi. As a fan, I hope he figures it out in Year 2, but I think it's a tall order to ask a guy to like football that has openly said he doesn't like football. In more words...

Henry or Jones would have been nice additions but it goes against everything I have been saying since Zeke got his big deal. I'm not extending RB's beyond their rookie deal. I might franchise them and pay them an extra year of top salary but I am not willing to sink long-term money into a position with the shortest shelf life. I'd rather have gone the route of an Antoine Gibson. In any event, we will draft a RB and could still potentially bring in one of the following: JK Dobbins, Clyde Edwards Helaire, Cam Akers. I think those players are attainable and could be cheap.

I am more interested in the following players: Jamal Adams, Justin Simmons, Chase Young (not sure why), Yannick Ngakoue, Devin White and/or retaining Tyron Smith.

It's sometimes easy to become impatient but Free Agency is like an auction draft - sometimes it is best to sit back on those first few picks and let your league-mates spend the bank on the high profile players, while you look to fill gaps. I don't think everything is lost because we didn't land Derrick Henry or Saquon Barkley...

I think they are going to make a switch at QB this year to Lance and are saving cap room this year to see what the team will need to support Lance once they figure out he's their answer long term.

I might be wrong but you guys never do much if anything in free agency right? Seems like you always just draft fairly well.

They're really good at trades too. They got Brandin Cooks for a 5th / 6th and Stephon Gilmore for a 5th. I think Jerry is buddy, buddy with a lot of owners and when people are having fire sales he usually gets the first swing at it.

Cut Gallup, sign 6’4” 240 WR Mike Williams on a prove it deal (if he passes the physical) and let the Chargers eat the dead cap 20 mil. Because of injury he should be cheap.

I'm not a big fan of free agents, most get overpaid. It seems the Cowboys have learned to be more careful with their cap over the last few years. Save money for Ceedee and Parsons. I hope they DO NOT resign Dak, he needs to have a good final year of his contract and a deep playoff push, if he doesn't they should move on. He already got paid, that was more than enough.

If you don't sign Dak, who is the QB. Nearly 36 year old, Kirk Cousins just got $45M AAV after tearing his achilles. Starting QBs in the NFL make $45-55M AAV. Unless you think Trey Lance is the answer, but he couldn't succeed with a supposed QB guru like Shanahan and weapons out the wazoo. I'd say the chances of success for him are slim to none. So if not Dak, who?

Lance has started all of 4 NFL games in 3 NFL season. Awfully premature to say he can't succeed or to make a foregone conclusion that he's not any good. Other high 1st round QBs get multiple starts before judgements are made on them. I'm certainly not going to fault Lance for getting Wally Pipped by Purdy.

Financially, wouldn't it be the prudent thing to do?

If you don't sign Dak, who is the QB. Nearly 36 year old, Kirk Cousins just got $45M AAV after tearing his achilles. Starting QBs in the NFL make $45-55M AAV. Unless you think Trey Lance is the answer, but he couldn't succeed with a supposed QB guru like Shanahan and weapons out the wazoo. I'd say the chances of success for him are slim to none. So if not Dak, who?
Trey Lance, ramp him up this year and next offseason for a projected starting season in 2025. Unless Dak is great in the regular season and post season in 2024 then offering him another contract could be warranted. If Dallas misses the playoffs, or Dak throws pick 6 to lose the playoff game again, he should not be resigned; that's what I would do as a pretend GM.

Just wait for the AJ Dillon signing. The excitement by Cowboys fans will be palpable.
:pickle:
What a mean thing to say, haha. My thought when I read this was the long NOooooo from Darth Vader in episode 3.
Won’t someone think of the joy it will bring AJD shareholders?

I might be able to get a future 1st in 2 leagues if he signs in Dallas!

Y’all cowboys fans are a selfish bunch.
:pickle:

Lance has started all of 4 NFL games in 3 NFL season. Awfully premature to say he can't succeed or to make a foregone conclusion that he's not any good. Other high 1st round QBs get multiple starts before judgements are made on them. I'm certainly not going to fault Lance for getting Wally Pipped by Purdy.

Financially, wouldn't it be the prudent thing to do?

Well, cautiously I push back just a little on your Dak takes. I hear you for sure. I said similar right after the niner game early in the season. He played that game so badly. Stared down his first option and forced throws that got picked. Like the Packer game. Awful chokey dreadful QB play under the brightest lights. He was pretty derned good between those failures. Such a Romo. That's probably just who he is and his contract has Dallas by the short and curlies.

I hated giving up a 4th and cutting Grier to bring Lance aboard. I understand he's had nothing but bad luck, but the knocks on him in SF were inaccuracy and processing. Kurt Warner considers those the two most important features for nfl qbs. Lance hasn't been given a real chance, but he looks like a deer in the headlights every time I watch him. He had a great season against garbage competition as a 19 year old at North Dakota State. Since then he's pretty clearly showed he is not ready for NFL caliber qb play. Wish Dallas saved that 4th. Better options are available now. Only thing I like about Lance is SF lost out on Micah Parsons to get him.

I think we are not resigning Dak.

Let him play it out. Believe we can push some of the money to voided years. Our hands will be tied in FA until after June 1.

Full change next year, new coaching staff and new QB.

Users who are viewing this thread