What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (17 Viewers)

Sewell/Slater seems to be the safest path forward imo. OL has the highest hit rate as BL said and they tend to last a while.  The rest of the draft could be a WR + the 4 best players available on defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both in the draft history of the organization and across the league, the safest bet to acquire a solid starter from a top ten pick is on the O-line and outside WR. If Sewell is still there - def possibility with the top 6 likely to include 4 QBs and Pitts - that would further strengthen one of the Lions strongest position groups. Even Slater would likely give the Lions four solid starters, 2-3 of whom are capable of playing at a Pro Bowl/All Pro level. In Swift’s prime production years.

Conversely, if Slater and 5 aforementioned are off the board, Ja’marr Chase is the most complete WR available. His workout numbers are impressive: sub 4.4, 41” vertical, 11’ broad jump. Full route tree. Dominant breakout season at age 19 (led NCAA in yards, receiving TDs) which is a very solid leading indicator of success at the next level. Solidifies a weak positional group, he’ll be the WR1 from Go.

Both those scenarios are solid building blocks. I don’t feel the same way about reaching for an off the ball LB (JOK or Parsons) or one of the top CBs (Farley, Horn, Surtain), though those are definitely tempting targets bc they represent two of the greatest needs for the current Lions roster.
Hoping someone wants to move up amd give us a bunch. Otherwise I’m with you here. 

Ok then fine you have Justin Fields. What is the problem with that? I just find it very hard to believe Fields couldn't be traded for a 1st ++. Look at what Darnold got and he's a bust. If Okudah played as bad for 3 years as Darnold had, not a chance on Earth the Lions could get antyhing more than a 6th round speculative pick for him. Stafford is an older QB with some wear and tear and a sizable contract. Look what the haul for him was. SF just moved a mountain to get a QB. QB value is just so far ahead of the value of any other position. 
I agree that QB has unmatched value, but you don’t start rebuilding a franchise by making your first pick in a guy you are hoping to trade. If he is available and they believe in him then they should draft him. If not, trade down or take the guy you that you want.

Hoping someone wants to move up amd give us a bunch. Otherwise I’m with you here. 
That’s where I was at before the 49ers/Dolphins/Eagles made their swaps. Doesn’t feel like we have many willing trade partners and anybody looking at a QB probably doesn’t have to worry about the Lions taking one.

I keep seeing mocks showing the Lions trading back (typically swap firsts and pick up say a 3rd and 6th) but their opportunity cost is top positional guys like Chase or Sewell. If the pundits are correct and this draft goes QB heavy it’s worth staying at #7 and letting the value come to them.

That’s where I was at before the 49ers/Dolphins/Eagles made their swaps. Doesn’t feel like we have many willing trade partners and anybody looking at a QB probably doesn’t have to worry about the Lions taking one.

I keep seeing mocks showing the Lions trading back (typically swap firsts and pick up say a 3rd and 6th) but their opportunity cost is top positional guys like Chase or Sewell. If the pundits are correct and this draft goes QB heavy it’s worth staying at #7 and letting the value come to them.
If there’s a qb left when we pick, someone will want to jump above Carolina, who could still take a qb I think. Not worth moving back if we only pick up a 3rd.

I agree that QB has unmatched value, but you don’t start rebuilding a franchise by making your first pick in a guy you are hoping to trade. If he is available and they believe in him then they should draft him. If not, trade down or take the guy you that you want.
You rebuild a franchise IMO by extracting the most value from your draft picks. After a trade back, taking a QB like Fields would do that. 

If there’s a qb left when we pick, someone will want to jump above Carolina, who could still take a qb I think. Not worth moving back if we only pick up a 3rd.
Right, it is a very rare situation where Lions wouldn't get a great trade back offer. Only case would be if a team was calling our bluff thinking no way we take a QB. If that happens, take the QB and force them to make the trade offer to us. 

Right, it is a very rare situation where Lions wouldn't get a great trade back offer. Only case would be if a team was calling our bluff thinking no way we take a QB. If that happens, take the QB and force them to make the trade offer to us. 
This year, I don't think that the teams have to believe Detroit is taking the QB, just that Carolina and/or Denver would.

If, as expected, four QBs are off the board before the Lions are on the clock, they should be sitting in awesome position.  I think Miami traded back to take either Pitts or a WR, and I hope Tua pushes for them to take either of the Alabama WRs.  I think Cincy goes Chase or Sewell (maybe Pitts).  The Lions could be looking at Sewell or Chase on the board, with one QB left.

There could be offers from all sorts of teams for any of those guys.  The typical QB-needy teams could try to get in front of Denver and/or Carolina, which could force both of them to get into a bidding war, too.  If Sewell is there, a team like SD could make an attempt to move up for him, since they desperately need a LT and Herbert will be begging them to bring in his old teammate.

Just like last year, I'll be disappointed if I hear "With the seventh pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select..."

If they go WR, the only one I could even remotely stomach would be Chase.

Ok then fine you have Justin Fields. What is the problem with that? I just find it very hard to believe Fields couldn't be traded for a 1st ++. Look at what Darnold got and he's a bust. If Okudah played as bad for 3 years as Darnold had, not a chance on Earth the Lions could get antyhing more than a 6th round speculative pick for him. Stafford is an older QB with some wear and tear and a sizable contract. Look what the haul for him was. SF just moved a mountain to get a QB. QB value is just so far ahead of the value of any other position. 
Lions didn't risk a sign and trade with Golladay. May suggest that Lions, if Fields isn't their guy, wouldn't risk a pick and then trade with Fields. 

This is shaping up as the most interesting Lions draft in a long time. You can make a case for the Lions do any number of things.

Lions didn't risk a sign and trade with Golladay. May suggest that Lions, if Fields isn't their guy, wouldn't risk a pick and then trade with Fields. 

This is shaping up as the most interesting Lions draft in a long time. You can make a case for the Lions do any number of things.
True but I think we saw the difference between QB and WR in the market. Nobody except the Giants was offering any money to any WRs. QBs were in bidding wars. 

I’ve been doing a lot of mocks at PFF and PFN

Really hard filling all their needs with only six picks

But I can say with a high degree of confidence Garret Wallow (LB, TCU) will be a great 5th round value with the 153rd pick

PFF gives you a letter grade for each pick & overall draft. Just OK overall.

PFN simulator brings a lot of trade offers; it’s fun trading out of the 7th pick and if you make a few trades you end up having 8-10 picks to work with plus a couple 2022s. Also their player profiles have more info.

:nerd:
There are some players who fall in the PFF simulator that I just can't see. I feel like Jamin Davis and Jamar Johnson always last to rounds 3 and 4. I would lose my mind if Detroit could get those guys there but I think both are 2nd rounders. And Milton Williams in round 4 also, wooo. 

Ilov80s said:
There are some players who fall in the PFF simulator that I just can't see. I feel like Jamin Davis and Jamar Johnson always last to rounds 3 and 4. I would lose my mind if Detroit could get those guys there but I think both are 2nd rounders. And Milton Williams in round 4 also, wooo. 
Completely agree, the PFF simulator is pretty much trash. Davis will be there in the 4th round which is not gonna happen, though it's not insane to think the Lions could get him at #72 (or Browning or Surrat.)

Even if they took say Bolton/Moses in the second (#41) I would love to see them grab one of the aforementioned guys as a second LB in the third because ours are turrible. Tons of value at WR and S in the 4th round (picks #101 and #112 rn.)

If they don't trade back to acquire extra picks then it's gonna be impossible to address all the holes. The impact CBs are mostly going between 10th and 40th so unless we trade back I don't see them drafting one as a starter. But we'll likely draft someone for the Dime package in the 4th or 5th.

By the fifth round you're looking at guys who have serious limitations at the skill positions but man there are a lot of good athletes at DI/Edge who are going to be interesting Day 3 picks for development projects.

Six picks ain't enough for this roster. If they stay at 7 they probably should draft the best pass catcher on the board and then (IMO) completely ignore the offense the remainder of the draft.

I'm usually pretty lax on the off the field stuff (especially on defense when you might want a mean streak), but that really seems to be the one red flag on Parsons. They might want to bring in a team of shrinks to check this guy out.

Completely agree, the PFF simulator is pretty much trash. Davis will be there in the 4th round which is not gonna happen, though it's not insane to think the Lions could get him at #72 (or Browning or Surrat.)

Even if they took say Bolton/Moses in the second (#41) I would love to see them grab one of the aforementioned guys as a second LB in the third because ours are turrible. Tons of value at WR and S in the 4th round (picks #101 and #112 rn.)

If they don't trade back to acquire extra picks then it's gonna be impossible to address all the holes. The impact CBs are mostly going between 10th and 40th so unless we trade back I don't see them drafting one as a starter. But we'll likely draft someone for the Dime package in the 4th or 5th.

By the fifth round you're looking at guys who have serious limitations at the skill positions but man there are a lot of good athletes at DI/Edge who are going to be interesting Day 3 picks for development projects.

Six picks ain't enough for this roster. If they stay at 7 they probably should draft the best pass catcher on the board and then (IMO) completely ignore the offense the remainder of the draft.
Which is why this is a multi year rebuild 

Parsons could be the proverbial beast on defense. I think Rondale Moore goes in the 2nd round.
He scares me so much. I see Jarrad Davis all over again. Ray Charles at the helm of a rocket. 

I'm usually pretty lax on the off the field stuff (especially on defense when you might want a mean streak), but that really seems to be the one red flag on Parsons. They might want to bring in a team of shrinks to check this guy out.
Yeah he's got a few things that seem pretty sketchy. It doesn't seem to be a single incident either but a pattern. 

If you dont trade back from 7 the Lions PFF draft seems limited and with fewer trade back opportunities after 7.

I think the Lions end up with a WR even if they trade down.   There are four elite WR who will slide down due to teams drafting QB's and other needs.  Those are the best available players at 7 and one will probably still be there as late as 16.  As much as the Lions need to improve their defense, I am not seeing that impact player available on defense.  So go after a stud WR which unfortunately is now a position of need on the Lions.  

Some mock drafts are including trade downs, but they don't always tell you the extra picks for the teams trading down. I have unlocked my handy dandy trade calculator from my pocket protector to provide approximate trades that might just occur.

Let's say the Pats want to go from #15 to #7. In addition to the #15, they would give up their 2nd rounder (#46) + their 6th rounder #198 - (one pick earlier than they took Tom Brady).  

Some mock drafts are including trade downs, but they don't always tell you the extra picks for the teams trading down. I have unlocked my handy dandy trade calculator from my pocket protector to provide approximate trades that might just occur.

Let's say the Pats want to go from #15 to #7. In addition to the #15, they would give up their 2nd rounder (#46) + their 6th rounder #198 - (one pick earlier than they took Tom Brady).  
No offense to you because I know you used the draft value chart and it does work but if New England called me with that offer I would laugh and ask them what their serious offer is. We are assuming this team isn't just trading up for a typical 7th pick but a franchise QB. I make them pay a franchise QB price, not a generic 7th pick price. 

No offense to you because I know you used the draft value chart and it does work but if New England called me with that offer I would laugh and ask them what their serious offer is. We are assuming this team isn't just trading up for a typical 7th pick but a franchise QB. I make them pay a franchise QB price, not a generic 7th pick price. 
Fair enough, I'm just giving the base value. Any added value would be because of what you said. The team holding the higher pick has reason to ask for more and should probably get it.

The base numbers for Denver are obviously much lower. #9 + #71(3rd) for Lions #7 + #113 (4th). Basically move up one round. 
Would be very interesting to see what could happen if Denver and New England wanted that 7th pick. How high could we drive the price up to? Seems like if teams are locked into a QB and really want him, they are willing to pay a huge price. Maybe Detroit will finally have some good luck. I wonder if Detroit might have already spoken with some of these teams about a possible deal if player X makes it there. We could even have different teams looking for a different QB at 7. 

Would be very interesting to see what could happen if Denver and New England wanted that 7th pick. How high could we drive the price up to? Seems like if teams are locked into a QB and really want him, they are willing to pay a huge price. Maybe Detroit will finally have some good luck. I wonder if Detroit might have already spoken with some of these teams about a possible deal if player X makes it there. We could even have different teams looking for a different QB at 7. 
Yes, a bidding war would probably get a nicer return.

Someone that was originally a top 10 pick but got bumped because of a run on certain positions. Slater, Parsons, Waddle are a few that might fill a need. But gotta find at least one dance partner first.
Would be incredible for one of those guys to make if there to Detroit (assuming a deal was made). We might have to settle for a step down like Bateman or one of the other OTs. 

Rd 1 Patrick surtain

rd 2 Asante samual

Add them to our perriman signing, maybe bring in Thad moss and trade all our future picks for Christian mccaffery, amd we’re pretty much set.

Would be incredible for one of those guys to make if there to Detroit (assuming a deal was made). We might have to settle for a step down like Bateman or one of the other OTs. 
Depending how far we trade back I wouldn’t mind Bateman. I think he has a good chance on being one of the better skill position players in this class.

Who would be the 2 or 3 guys you would want the Lions to target if they were able to move back into the teens?
I’m all about LB, CB, S & DI when I run mocks. I could list the usual suspects but Imma be honest - maybe Nick Bolton-Eric Stokes-Ar’Darius Washington-Daviyon Nixon is the perfect draft, but there’s a nonzero chance I’m just a bored fanatic who really doesn’t know how to scout defensive players (but I can parrot X-spurts lol.)

But for the latter, we should take a run Maurice Hurst, who just cleared waivers. He’s a solid rotational guy PFF graded out at like 77.4 last year. Affordable stop gap - can’t fill every need on six picks, need quality cheap signings as well.

3 FAs the Lions could sign before the draft

Dede Westbrook, coming off ACL, would be another terrific complimentary player IMO. We could use a reliable slot receiver.

Saw a post on another board that 17 of the Top 20 wide receivers were not drafted in the first round. I didn’t try to research it but think about how many times this century the Lions drafted a WR on the top ten....at least four. One generational talent, RoY and a couple  flops. Second best WR during that span was a third rounder (KG.)

This year & next we’ll have a QB who virtually never scrambles - way less than Stafford and his scampers were rare. Sewell or Slater are such a good idea on so many levels.

3 FAs the Lions could sign before the draft

Dede Westbrook, coming off ACL, would be another terrific complimentary player IMO. We could use a reliable slot receiver.

Saw a post on another board that 17 of the Top 20 wide receivers were not drafted in the first round. I didn’t try to research it but think about how many times this century the Lions drafted a WR on the top ten....at least four. One generational talent, RoY and a couple  flops. Second best WR during that span was a third rounder (KG.)

This year & next we’ll have a QB who virtually never scrambles - way less than Stafford and his scampers were rare. Sewell or Slater are such a good idea on so many levels.
Giving a QB a little more time never hurts. And need to get the ground game going enough to make play action work.

If Sewell is there and we pass I’m rooting for the Packers.
This draft can’t be wack-a-mole when they’re walking in with only six picks. Sewell or Slater takes a good O-line to elite talent. That is building the foundation first (IMO), make a position group strength even better.

Waddle is a nice threat, Chase has a complete game, Parsons is also a decent needs based pick. But we’re staring at major surgery. We don’t need band aids.

I’m all about LB, CB, S & DI when I run mocks. I could list the usual suspects but Imma be honest - maybe Nick Bolton-Eric Stokes-Ar’Darius Washington-Daviyon Nixon is the perfect draft, but there’s a nonzero chance I’m just a bored fanatic who really doesn’t know how to scout defensive players (but I can parrot X-spurts lol.)

But for the latter, we should take a run Maurice Hurst, who just cleared waivers. He’s a solid rotational guy PFF graded out at like 77.4 last year. Affordable stop gap - can’t fill every need on six picks, need quality cheap signings as well.
I would love Hurst and was surprised he was released and then cleared waivers. Maybe there is something we don't know? Teams probably want to evaluate him since he does have that heart condition. 

I would love Hurst and was surprised he was released and then cleared waivers. Maybe there is something we don't know? Teams probably want to evaluate him since he does have that heart condition. 
That was my first thought but nothing came out over the last 3 days so I’m chalking it up to the usual Mayock/Grudem incompetence.

Parsons, Collins, Owusu-Koramoah, Paye or Barmore, or one of the CBs on D.  Any of those could be good picks in the teens. I would be okay with drafting one of the WRs if they traded back, too. I would prefer they not draft Waddle or Smith, because their size really scares me.

The only WR I would want them to pick at #7 would be Chase, and I doubt he's there for them to take.

9 days to draft day

BL's Mock #420 w/ one trade back

1. 3 QBs, Pitts, Sewell, and Chase are off the board. Lance, Jones, Smith/Waddle, Slater, Horn/Surtain all on still on the board. TEN offers #22/#53 + 2022 2nd. Counter with #22/#53/#85 + 2022 3rd. Trade accepted. More offers come at #22 but I elect to take DT Christian Barmore Alabama at #22 (TEN 1st pick - trade.) Conventional 3-technique in a 4-man line, he should improve as he adds bulk and strength. Other options: LB Zaven Collins Tulsa, EDGE Kwitty Payne Michigan or Jayson Oweh Penn State, G Alijah Vera-Tucker USC.
  2. EDGE Gregory Rousseau Miami (FL) at 41. Explosive pass rusher, outstanding athleticism and Tremenduous Upside (R.I.P. brother), should have an immediate impact. Taken over WR Terrence Marshall LSU, S Richie Grant UCF, LB Baron Browning Ohio State sucks.
  3. #53 (TEN 2nd rounder in trade) CB Eric Stokes Georgia. Has the size and play speed to develop into a starter but unlike Surtain, Horn, Newsome, or Farley - probably not in 2021. Great measurables and developing ball skills, long term upside, short term probably only see the field in nickel or dime packages. Preferred choice instead of DT Alim McNeill North Carolina State, WR Rondale Moore Purdue, DT Milton Williams Louisiana Tech.
  4. LB Pete Werner Land Grant College of State below Michigan #72. Instinctive three-down who can cover faster RBs, good flow and pursuit speed. Intense lay it on the line player who fits the MCDC mold. Liked him over WR Dyami Brown North Carolina DT Daviyon Nixon Iowa S Jevon Holland Oregon.
  5. The Lions current wide receiver room resembles an expansion draft roster; there's not a single upside young player or established vet. FAs Breshad Perriman (5th team in 5 years) and Tyrell Williams (last NFL snap was 2019) are neither immediate or long term solutions. Yet the roster is such a disaster that from an investment standpoint it makes more sense to take WRs late in this deep draft of perhaps 30+ starters. #85 (another TEN trade pick) WR Nico Collins lacks quickness and speed, but he plays big boy football, consistently winning 50/50 battles. Should be a wonderful possession receiver at the next level and offers red zone upside. Good vertical and strong hands but unlikely he'll be anything more than a solid starter. Easy choice over CB Paulson Adebo Stanford, LB Cameron McGrone Michigan, CB Robert Rochell Central Arkansas.
  6. #101 S Jamar Johnson Indiana is excellent against the run and solid in coverage. I like him over Talanoa Hufanga USC and Ar'Darius Washington TCU, other safeties going late 3rd/early 4th. RT/G Royce Newman Ole Miss and G Kendrick Green Illinois are other possibilities here.
  7. Having drafted a big bodied possession receiver, it might make sense to double down on a waterbug who could help out the return game now that Jamal Agnew left. At #112 there are two dynamic game breakers who can line up in the slot, run reverses, catch bubble screens or take it deep. While they have size limitations I think either one is capable of having a very good pro career. WR Tutu Atwell Louisville is a home run threat anytime he steps onto the field. Equally talented WR Jaelon Darden North Texas State had incredible production and displays excellent RAC. You could also go with S Andre Cisco Syracuse WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette or DT Tyler Shelvin LSU but where's the fun in that?
  8. By the 5th round, you're not honestly thinking you'll find a starter. It's a definite bonus but anyone on Day Three who contributes is gravy. But #153 Jaylon Moore T Western Michigan has great technique, keeps his feet moving, head on a swivel, anchors well, finishes well - can really be overwhelming in the right scheme. Limited once you ask him to block in motion but could develop into an excellent RG/RT rotational player.
  9. The TEN 3rd round pick will likely be in the #80-95 range.

The Lions current wide receiver room resembles an expansion draft roster; there's not a single upside young player or established vet. FAs Breshad Perriman (5th team in 5 years) and Tyrell Williams (last NFL snap was 2019) are neither immediate or long term solutions.
BL, any thoughts on Quintez Cephus? I think he could be a valuable #2/possession-type -- (dis)agree?

BL, any thoughts on Quintez Cephus? I think he could be a valuable #2/possession-type -- (dis)agree?
I’m not seeing it. To me his cap is as a WR3/4. He’s not especially athletic, neither fast or quick. He’s a strong kid and catches the ball well. He didn’t force his way into the lineup, but when injuries hit he was capable. He gained Stafford’s trust by being where he supposed to be. Nothing special IMO.

Except he will always be the first Quintez to score an NFL touchdown.

Some betting lines on the draft courtesy of CBS Sports.

Penei Sewell draft position: 
Over 5.5 (-190)
Under 5.5 (+155)

Ja'Marr Chase draft position:
Over 5.5 (-115)
Under 5.5 (-115)

Kyle Pitts draft position:
Over 5.5 (+100)
Under 5.5 (-130)

Trey Lance draft position:
Over 6.5 (+100)
Under 6.5 (-130)

Patrick Surtain II draft position:
Over 10.5 (+100)
Under 10.5 (-130)

Rashawn Slater draft position:
Over 10.5 (+130)
Under 10.5 (-160)

Micah Parsons draft position:
Over 11.5 (-140)
Under 11.5 (+110)

Jaylen Waddle draft position:
Over 11.5 (-125)
Under 11.5 (-105)

DeVonta Smith draft position:
Over 11.5 (-105)
Under 11.5 (-125)

Jaycee Horn draft position:
Over 13.5 (-110)
Under 13.5 (-120)

If the draft goes 3 QBs/Pitts/Sewell/Chase...

Take Lance? Waddle? Parsons? Slater?

Or trade back.

I don’t know if the PFN is totally realistic but my favorite scenarios are trading back multiple times in the first, until I get to the end of the first where I take Farley. Typically end up with 8-10 picks in 2021 and pick up 2-4 picks for 2022.

Example:

Trade #7 to the Cards for #16, #49 and 2022 3rd

Trade #16 to the Colts for #21 & #54

Trade #21 to the Saints for #28 and 2022 2nd

At #28 you can start off with a run and chase LB (Jamin Davis or Zaven Collins) or a starting DB (Caleb Farley or Trevon Moehig), with 8 picks this year and 9 in 2022.

2021: #28, #41, #49, #54, #72, #101, #112, #153

Find one more trade partner at 54 or 72 and you can package the 5th rounder with the late 3rd/early 4th swap to pick up another 4th or a 2022 3rd/4th.

Hoping Holmes will be very active working trade backs next week. There is a ton of depth at WR, S, LB, DT to be had in this draft - all areas we need to upgrade.

If the draft goes 3 QBs/Pitts/Sewell/Chase...

Take Lance? Waddle? Parsons? Slater?

Or trade back.

I don’t know if the PFN is totally realistic but my favorite scenarios are trading back multiple times in the first, until I get to the end of the first where I take Farley. Typically end up with 8-10 picks in 2021 and pick up 2-4 picks for 2022.

Example:

Trade #7 to the Cards for #16, #49 and 2022 3rd

Trade #16 to the Colts for #21 & #54

Trade #21 to the Saints for #28 and 2022 2nd

At #28 you can start off with a run and chase LB (Jamin Davis or Zaven Collins) or a starting DB (Caleb Farley or Trevon Moehig), with 8 picks this year and 9 in 2022.

2021: #28, #41, #49, #54, #72, #101, #112, #153

Find one more trade partner at 54 or 72 and you can package the 5th rounder with the late 3rd/early 4th swap to pick up another 4th or a 2022 3rd/4th.

Hoping Holmes will be very active working trade backs next week. There is a ton of depth at WR, S, LB, DT to be had in this draft - all areas we need to upgrade.
I find myself doing the exact same thing when I use that simulator.  There are always trade back offers, and I wind up at the bottom of the 1st with multiple 2nd/3rds in 2021, as well as more picks for 2022.  I then wonder whether any of it is possible in reality.  Definitely like the drafts better when I trade down a couple times than when I stay put at 7, even if Chase or Sewell are there.  I attribute that to recognizing what an overwhelming roster flush the Lions need.

Lions really need some team to want QB4. Best case they get the call themselves, giving them that tradedown opportunity. 2nd best case is another team in front trades back and that leaves another good player on the board. No trade downs and the choices become lesser.

Users who are viewing this thread