What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (6 Viewers)

I woukd be shocked if Deebo does not play. Compared with what guys like Ragnow and Anzalone are playing through, it would say a lot about his toughness if he sits it out.
Zero chance Deebo doesn't play IMO, especially since they can't even say what the injury is other than "it hurts".

I will admit going to the game in person is great for all the hoopla and energy and I would not trade today for anything..but for watching the actual game, concentrating on the play by play, at home on a big screen is better. At the game you get caught up in the crowd, the TV timeouts seemed so long today.
Yesterday's game was probably a better one to get caught up in the crowd. Not just because the crowd was awesome, but the minutiae of the game wasn't a lot of fun. Bucs were killing us statistically until the 4th quarter, and watching the replays and looking at the numbers was making me super nervous. But we never actually trailed, and I probably wouldn't have been worried if I was there yelling with a bunch of other Detroit fans.
Interesting, it felt to me like we were always in control. Being tied at half was annoying but it felt like things were coming much easier for the Lions than the Bucs. I was also in a packed bar that was loud and energetic so maybe that eliminated any worries.

I was concerned but felt the game was somewhat in control. Was worried though about the way Sutton was getting burned.
The reality is Mike Evans is pretty good. So is Ceedee Lamb. So is Brandon Aiyuk. But the Lions have demonstrated they can let an alpha WR1 have a big game and still find a way to win. Even the Dallas game, they were in a position to win. And in hindsight, maybe it was better they lost. Because we got the Rams instead of the Pack.

The key to winning in SF will be the pass rush. The weak link for the 49ers is pass blocking. Purdy doesn't get sacked a lot but if he can get pressured, he will throw picks. That's money in the bank. Lions need to force at least 2 turnovers.
Problem with San Fran is they also have Deebo. And CMC. And Kittle.
No one said it would be easy. And we've got Amon-Ra, Gibbs, Monty and LaPorta. And Reynolds and Jamo. And Goff and the better O-line.

Procedural moves today:
  • tight end Brock Wright placed on injured reserve
  • promoted defensive tackle Tyson Alualu from the practice squad to the 53-man roster
  • signed veteran tight end Zach Ertz to the practice squad.

@DETillustrated

Let’s talk about Alim McNeill

2021:
  • PFF 83rd ranked DL (60.1)
  • 10 pressures
  • 2 sacks
2022:
  • PFF 39th ranked DL (69.8)
  • 29 pressures
  • 1 sack
2023: (Missed 4 games)
  • PFF 5th ranked DL (88.3)
  • 34 pressures
  • 5 sacks
He just keeps getting better..and he’s only 23 years old

Wednesday Report

PlayerPositionInjuryWednesday*ThursdayFridayGame Status
Jonah JacksonGkneeNP
Sam LaPortaTEkneeNP
Frank RagnowCankle/toe/knee/backNP
Kalif RaymondWRkneeNP
Alex AnzaloneLBshoulder/ribsLP
Josh ReynoldsWRribsLP
James HoustonLBankleFP

*The Lions conducted a walkthrough on Wednesday. Practice participation designations for that day are based on estimations.

One guy under the radar who deserves a ton of props.....Brett Fischer director of players health. Considered the top guru at getting players healthy in sports, and the Lions picked him up in the off season. He is the main reasons guys like LaPorta, Ragnow, and Anzalone are coming back quickly and are able to play through injuries which in most cases would sideline players for many weeks.

Good luck to your team this weekend. I want nothing more than to see Detroit play in the Superbowl.
Thanks. And sorry about Patricia
By now I'm sure most NFL fans are sorry about Patricia.

Our defense was circling the drain long before Patricia took over. It's of little matter now, the Eagles have the architect of their defense running the show now, they'll be back on top of the NFC East next year.

Well either they didn't like our guys or our guys didn't like them. Both the Atlanta and Carolina HC jobs have been filled.
I'm hearing Ben to DC is a lock, but they also had a second interview with Dan Quinn today (is it just me, or are there a lot more second interviews being reported this year?) I had assumed Ben was 100% out the door, but I'm starting to wonder if he could come back again. I would imagine after turning down Carolina last year and then seeing his decision thoroughly vindicated (both on the Carolina side and the Detroit side), he's going to be very careful before he commits to anything.

That said, I still see him ending up with the Commanders. Good opportunity with a new, respected owner, good weapons, and chance to draft a franchise QB. I've believed from the jump that it was the best all-around opportunity available this year. I also wonder if he sees what Campbell has done in Detroit and thinks, "I could do the same for another downtrodden fan base."

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before

AG said today James Houston IV is “really close” to returning.

Spoke about how with his injury they took the medical opinion/advice very seriously to protect the player from himself.

When somebody brought up his insane bend, Glenn said “You right about that, but the great thing James is he worked really hard in the offseason to add more moves to his arsenal. He can attack in other ways besides bending around the edge.”

Who knows, we’ll see if he’s active, not holding my breath.

DETROIT LIONS
Injury report
PlayerPositionInjuryWedThuFriGame Status
Jonah JacksonGKneeDNPDNPUnspecified
Chase LucasCBIllness(-)DNPUnspecified
Frank RagnowCAnkle/Toe/Knee/BackDNPDNPUnspecified
Kalif RaymondWRKneeDNPDNPUnspecified
Alex AnzaloneMLBShoulder/RibsLPLPUnspecified
Sam LaPortaTEKneeDNPLPUnspecified
Josh ReynoldsWRRibsLPLPUnspecified
James HoustonDEAnkleFPFPUnspecified

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Injury report
PlayerPositionInjuryWedThuFriGame Status
Nick BosaDEResting PlayerDNP(-)Unspecified
Deebo SamuelWRShoulderDNPLPUnspecified
Trent WilliamsOTResting PlayerDNP(-)Unspecified
Arik ArmsteadDEFoot, KneeFPFPUnspecified
Dre GreenlawLBAchillesFPFPUnspecified
George OdumDBBicepsFPFPUnspecified
Ambry ThomasCBHandFPFPUnspecified
Kalia DavisDTAnkleFPUnspecified

Apparently due to NFL regs, last week was Dan’s last game of the season. No local home broadcasters for the Conference Championship or the Superb Owl.

Apparently due to NFL regs, last week was Dan’s last game of the season. No local home broadcasters for the Conference Championship or the Superb Owl.
Wow, did not know that. Westwood One?

Yeah probably, guess it’s neutral broadcasts only

ETA - confirmed, Kevin Harlan & Kurt Warner

While I was looking that up, noticed the 1991-92 NFCCG broadcasters. TV - Pat Summerall & John Madden Radio - Jack Buck & Hank Stram

I feel old

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone posted it, but I just saw this and found it interesting. Goff's 2nd outdoor game in 3 months. Seems odd. Means nothing, just found it interesting.

Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

@kmeinke
The only thing I learned from Dan Campbell today: He's over talking, and ready to play ball. Pounded the podium when two reporters talked at the same time. Gave side eye when a cameraman's cell went off (sigh). Paused a while when asked about Goff (yet again).

He's ready to go.

Coach seemed a little impatient today, little more edge to his responses. I know Lomas Brown said he couldn’t find parking when he went to Allen Park yesterday - there are a ton of media people around. Besides having to devote more time to interviews, players have had a few things that are different this week. Everyone had their ring fingers measured.

Think the team is in a good place, same relaxed & quiet confidence we’ve seen all year.

Leaving Allen Park at 1pm tomorrow, 2:10 flight to San Jose.

Don't know if anyone posted it, but I just saw this and found it interesting. Goff's 2nd outdoor game in 3 months. Seems odd. Means nothing, just found it interesting.
66 degrees and partly sunny with winds between 4-7 mph. If they lose, it's not going to be because of the weather.

What are my Lions' fans making for the big game? Been trying to come up with something Michigan related, but to be frank, nothing is really jumping out to me so........I'm going with:

MOTOR CITY MEATBALL SUBS!!! Going to use a little elk meat and if I can find it, Pinconning Cheese. Might be tough to find here, though....And I am going to buy a 15 pack of Founders All Day or, if I want to try my luck at the fancy beer store that just opened up, Bell's Two Hearted.

What are my Lions' fans making for the big game? Been trying to come up with something Michigan related, but to be frank, nothing is really jumping out to me so........I'm going with:

MOTOR CITY MEATBALL SUBS!!! Going to use a little elk meat and if I can find it, Pinconning Cheese. Might be tough to find here, though....And I am going to buy a 15 pack of Founders All Day or, if I want to try my luck at the fancy beer store that just opened up, Bell's Two Hearted.
I will be back at Hermanns, love the atmosphere and the crowd. If I was cooking, I would probably do a chili with some kind of MI craft beer in it.

I FOUND IT!!!! Right down the street from me. Hot damn, GO LIONS!

I will be back at Hermanns, love the atmosphere and the crowd. If I was cooking, I would probably do a chili with some kind of MI craft beer in it.

I'm holding this one back for the Super Bowl. ;)

Gonig to my daughters. Picking up coney dogs, white castles and Better Made chips.

Users who are viewing this thread