What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (3 Viewers)

Rumors swirling that the Rams and Eagles are both scrambling to move up from picks 19 and 20. Rams supposedly are trying to move into top 10, which makes me think they are targeting either Nix or Penix. Thinking this is gonna be a wild draft for trades. Buckle up.
It feels like 1-2 are locked in..... 3 semi locked..... and after that.... all bets are off.

I dunno.... I haven't spent any time on this draft class. I haven't even done my usual picking up one or two of those draft mags for reading material. I picked one up the other day and it was $17.... and I just couldn't stomach paying that much for a magazine..... then I felt like my grandfather all of a sudden.

I dunno.... I haven't spent any time on this draft class. I haven't even done my usual picking up one or two of those draft mags for reading material. I picked one up the other day and it was $17.... and I just couldn't stomach paying that much for a magazine..... then I felt like my grandfather all of a sudden.
If I'm paying 17 bucks for a magazine that better not be footballs doing the bouncing ...

who needs mags when you have the Net
I spend all my net time reading about what your cousin says. :shock:

I think the key though is don't bypass a BPA just because he isn't high on the need list. If Nabers is there you take him. Period. I'm about an inch from putting Bowers on this list too. I know we just drafted Mayer but Bowers is a different beast and they can both be on the field together. If the guy's special he's special and it's up to the coaching staff to take advantage of the strengths.
I called this a couple weeks ago. BPA and a special talent, you don't let that get past you regardless of need. Now the heat is on the coaches to make it work.

It feels like they had no interest in an OT or Defense

I think they wanted one of the QBs that went and took the next best offensive player available

The rest of the draft will be Oline and Defense IMO

Not sure how I feel. As usual, every single year, I’ll come around to seeing only positives with this pick.

Not sure how I feel. As usual, every single year, I’ll come around to seeing only positives with this pick.
Brock may be a generational talent, hes that good . Defensive coordinators are gonna have fits covering this offense

Man I forget to tell you all how much I appreciate you, my stupid bookoffaces feed is full of raider fans complaining about the pick and how we should have drafted a QB or RB there instead of Bowers :lmao: :lmao: that is how the average fan thinks, thank god we have Zado's cousin to keep us grounded

So... here is the question... do we take a look at one of the second tier QB's with our 2nd?
I was literally going to wait til the end of the 1st round to ask the same question. Rattler in the 2nd?

I gotta say I’m not psyched about going into this season with AO’C and Minshew as our QB room.

BPA, can't complain about that. Was it a position of need. no, but it's nice not to reach for a change!!!!
Maybe Mayer isn’t as great as hoped too.
I think Mayer is good... Bowers may be great... if we use both of them intelligently then that can do some damage. No other NFL team has two TE's of this talent level. I am hopomg for a Gronk/Hernandez type of impact (minus the murder, jail and suicide obviously)

BPA, can't complain about that. Was it a position of need. no, but it's nice not to reach for a change!!!!
Maybe Mayer isn’t as great as hoped too.
I think Mayer is good... Bowers may be great... if we use both of them intelligently then that can do some damage. No other NFL team has two TE's of this talent level. I am hopomg for a Gronk/Hernandez type of impact (minus the murder, jail and suicide obviously)
Mayer as the in-line TE and Bowers as the move TE.

Payback for all the Kelce open field runs flashed before my eyes when you guys got Bowers. Ugh that’s such a good pick and going to suck as a KC fan to try to stop him.
Wow. Thanks for posting this. Nice to hear an “outsider” say positive things about a Raiders pick.

It doesn’t make sense to have 2 good TEs if our offensive style wants to be more smash mouth. 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread