What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Chop, Chop !! (6 Viewers)

One of the many highlights at Hard Rock on Sunday was my son and I going into the stadium right when the gates opened at 11am, 2 full hours prior to kick off
We did not have a parking pass although the club called my son before he rolled into town, he didn't think we would really need one...
I was hoping when we got there and walked around early that we might roll into some tailgating with a few strangers but it just wasn't happening
Best decision we made was skipping the tailgating crowd and we walked right in at 11 and although we had Sec 306-20 rows up, we were welcomed down close to the field in the end zone where many of the Miami Dolphins were warming up. Got to see Wilkins up close, dear god he almost looks like a WR, just doesn't look like a fat cake DT, he's amazing.
Van Ginkel was stretching near us but we just could not get his attention and he didn't seem to want to make eye contact with too many fans, I actually appreciated his approach.
I would encourage everyone to do this at least once.

I could do a whole thread on the game day experience at Hard Rock, mostly incredible.
I wish I could rewind and start Sunday all over again.

Last edited:
I could do a whole thread on the game day experience at Hard Rock, mostly incredible.
I wish I could rewind and start Sunday all over again.
I'm glad you and your son had a great time at Hard Rock. The weather cooperated too, sounds like an experience you both will remember forever. And the Dolphins rocked!

I'm picking my LA daughter up in 30 minutes from MIA, our plan is to go to Monday's all you can eat sushi at Planta, a fancy plant-based restaurant, we've tried in the past, but our plans never worked out. Spending time with those you love is so important.

The next 2 weeks are absolutely huge. The Dolphins have 2 tough games. The Bills have 2 games that should be very winnable. It’s very possible that the division comes down to Bills at Dolphins in the final week which I’m sure the NFL is absolutely salivating over. For the Bills, that could very well determine whether or not they even make the playoffs. Going to be a wild finish.

It’s definitely fun having meaningful games at the end of the season and having division games mean more than just playing against a division rival, even though I think the Dolphins are due to beat Buffalo in a meaningful game and likely end their season.

And while I’m obviously 100% rooting for the Bills, McDaniel and Tua are so darn likable that I can’t actively root AGAINST them.

In the meantime, go Cowboys! :coffee:

Van Ginkel broke his nose in the 1st Q of the Jets game, don't remember him leaving the game so I assume he played the rest of the game in a lot of pain
'I need more Van Ginkel"...(Walken-SNL skit-Cowbell)
I absolutely ♥️ this guy and have posted it a few times.

Van Ginkel broke his nose in the 1st Q of the Jets game, don't remember him leaving the game so I assume he played the rest of the game in a lot of pain
Love his game! Sadly, I think he is playing so well that we wont be able to keep him next year, which is going to really suck.

Love his game! Sadly, I think he is playing so well that we wont be able to keep him next year, which is going to really suck.
I have a hard time gauging his market.
He played out his rookie deal, didn't get an offer from anyone because they chose not to run the '21 tape and didn't realize how bad the DC was in '22
Van Ginkel was barely used last year
He falls in Fang's system and it's perfect for him, allows him to freelance often and he times his blitzes well to support Chubb on the other side.
#7 out of 111 Edge rushers in the NFL according to PFF, that is going to draw some attention

I do wonder if the Dolphins are closing in on that "Heat Culture" type thing with McDaniel as coach,a nd what it will mean to both retianing our guys and getting guys to come here.

Wilkins and Gink will be the most obvious guys to test this theory as Miami would like to retain them I assume but will they work witht he team to make it work financially or are they gone for a different culture and more cash?

Someone (maybe it was Barry) posted that Miami is 24 milion over on the 24 cap, but with some fairly simple moves/restructures they can turn that into being 25 million UNDER the cap.

Found this and other than letting X go, it all makes sense to me
Cap hell team edition

Was nice to see UDFA Ethan Bonner get some snaps and make a couple of plays, but does it concern anyone else that he is getting snaps and our second-round pick Cam Smith is nowhere to be seen? I realize Fangio's D is complex but we are deep into the season and at this point to see guys like Eli Apple and Ethan Bonner getting PT over him has to be somewhat of a concern, no?

>>Dolphins have a lot of injuries ahead of Sunday’s game vs. Cowboys.Not spotted at practice today: entire starting OL, Tyreek Hill, Xavien Howard, Raheem Mostert, De’Von Achane.Jevon Holland (knees) & DeShon Elliott (red jersey, final stages of concussion protocol) practiced.<<

I think Armstead and Mostert are getting vet rest days. But the ENTIRE oline with Parsons and company coming to town?

Performing despite injury attrition is heartening. Would be nice to have a reliable 3rd receiver though.

Never would have predicted Sanders to play such a big role.

Performing despite injury attrition is heartening. Would be nice to have a reliable 3rd receiver though.

Never would have predicted Sanders to play such a big role.
I think that Wilson is an average 3rd receiver. Claypool, Chosen, and Berrios are also all about WR3 level. Not a lot of teams have a really good WR3, or someone else would lure them away for more money and playing time. What we have at WR3 is fine, imo. Of oourse, if Waddle is out that changes everything.

Second straight week the Dolphins were missing 4 Olinemen and still managed a W. And Armstead actually finished a game he started.

What Butch Barry has done with this group in nothing short of amazing.

Merry Christmas fellow Dolphins fans !

Well, Nice win and how many of us thought sanders was going to miss that chip shot at the end in typical Sanders fashion.

On to Baltimore.

No one thinks this is going to be anything but a struggle this week to beat a team playing on all cylinders, but even bad Miami teams have managed to cause problems for the Ravens. Losing Waddle (most likely) isn't great Bob, but Miami getting more of their O line back and SF was able to run on the Ravens (Shanny had some really bad play calls in the red zone last night).

If it comes down to Tucker vs Sanders I can't see us being favored there.

The Ravens are healthier, but I see this as a good matchup. Protecting the ball is key.

Much rather be playing the Ravens coming off a big win and hopefully a little full of them selves then getting them of a loss and laser focused. That said the fact the 49ers run as close to the same offense as us as anyone in the league and got turned over a bunch isn't a good thing. On the other hand they did run the ball well. Lamar made and MVP statement last night against CMC and Purdy, time for Tyreek to make his statement this week if we are going to win.

Much rather be playing the Ravens coming off a big win and hopefully a little full of them selves then getting them of a loss and laser focused. That said the fact the 49ers run as close to the same offense as us as anyone in the league and got turned over a bunch isn't a good thing. On the other hand they did run the ball well. Lamar made and MVP statement last night against CMC and Purdy, time for Tyreek to make his statement this week if we are going to win.
Yeah, looking at that game and seeing that we run a similar offense didn't really worry me that much. 3 of Purdy's INTs were fluky. Darnolds was just a bad play call (give it to CMC you idiots).

The middle of the field was open all night for SF and that is where Tua makes his money. Also, SF was able to run until they lost all their tackles. All that being said, here is wishing for The pats to have one more F you game to give the Bills this year.

Agreed and I think we're 11-4 now
I was hoping the Ravens didn't get rolled in San Fran, something about that woulda been bad for Miami. As it stands, both teams represeneted the AFC well on Christmas
Now the Top 2 Seeds in the AFC will battle it out for the 1-Seed in the Playoffs. If Miami wins, they would still need to beat Buffalo at home to actually secure the 1-seed
But the target is there and that would be to win both remaining games.

All that said, as usual, one game a t a time, looking forward to watching Miami play a big late Dec game in the Northeast with everything riding on the line.
We haven't been in this position in ages

Waddle has a high ankle sprain, doubt we see him before the 1st Playoff game wherever that might be played.
Hill will be another week removed from the Titans game, should be close to 100% and we've seen him destroy secondaries
Miami will need some of their 2nd and 3rd Receivers to step up.
Smythe at TE was open all day vs Dallas, wonder if Baltimore will also leave him on a LB

-Heart in my throat when Mostert went down, please don't overuse him. Achane is not popping the big runs like he was when he burst on the scene
Need him to reappear next week and pop a few chunk runs to open up the Ravens Defense.

Waddle has a high ankle sprain, doubt we see him before the 1st Playoff game wherever that might be played.
Hill will be another week removed from the Titans game, should be close to 100% and we've seen him destroy secondaries
Smythe at TE was open all day vs Dallas, wonder if Baltimore will also leave him on a LB

-Heart in my throat when Mostert went down, please don't overuse him. Achane is not popping the big runs like he was when he burst on the scene
Need him to reappear next week and pop a few chunk runs to open up the Ravens Defense.
Curious if Mostert is banged up. In and out of the game twice. Hoping there's one more game in him this year although the matchup is terrible.

Curious if Mostert is banged up. In and out of the game twice. Hoping there's one more game in him this year although the matchup is terrible.
Inject a healthy dose of De'Von Achane into the gameplan. I'd love to see them start using him in a CMC-lite role. My understanding was that he was a good receiver. Havent seen him used as one all that much. With Waddle out, I would love to see some targets go his way. If they can isolate him on an LB or safety he should be able to feast.

Got to win at least 1 of these last 2 games. Want that #2 seed or better.

Anyone miss Jerome Baker?

Next year's salaries:

Duke Riley 2.5 million
Jerome Baker 9.9 million

I think we are going to see or an attempt to see a healthy dose of Devon Achane. He is needed with Waddle most likely out or highly limited.

The Duke will be Lamar's spy.

I think we are going to see or an attempt to see a healthy dose of Devon Achane. He is needed with Waddle most likely out or highly limited.

Nice thing about the way Miami has dealt with these injuries is they game plan for the "next" guy so even if player X is questionable, player Y has a set group of plays. With Chosen nursing a concussion I think we see a package for claypool in there (he is big and has speed. The question is how well does he execute the routes)

Nice thing about the way Miami has dealt with these injuries is they game plan for the "next" guy so even if player X is questionable, player Y has a set group of plays. With Chosen nursing a concussion I think we see a package for claypool in there (he is big and has speed. The question is how well does he execute the routes)
Claypool has all of the physical tools. His issues in his last 2 stops were attitude-related. I loved seeing him run off the field after playong only 3 snaps jumping up and down and celebrating - that shows a team-first attitude and possible maturity and growth. Would LOVE to see us tap into his physical abilities now. His athletic profile is absolutely elite. https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/chase-claypool

Claypool has all of the physical tools. His issues in his last 2 stops were attitude-related. I loved seeing him run off the field after playong only 3 snaps jumping up and down and celebrating - that shows a team-first attitude and possible maturity and growth. Would LOVE to see us tap into his physical abilities now. His athletic profile is absolutely elite. https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/chase-claypool
Here is the shot of him coming off after the Sanders GW kick. Pure joy - https://x.com/perfctszn/status/1739463069858721811?s=20

Wanted to drop in and wish the DolFans here good luck this weekend. I'm hoping for a fun game and really hoping for no injuries on either side.
We say similar every week, just no new injuries and we can compete with almost anyone
I think the Ravens have an axe to grind after last season, many felt Tua should not be in that football game after the hits he took.
Hoping for a good game where both teas can show how strong they are right now.
Baltimore has several nice victories on their resume, about the best Miami has is that 2-pt victory over Dallas on X-Mas Eve as time expired on a FG kick.
Miami has a patch work OL right now, up to 4-5 starters from opening day are gone including LG-C, the other 3 spots are in and out of the line up.

Guess who lives just outside of Baltimore and will be there on Sunday representing Fins Nation in their biggest regular season game in at least a decade (until week 18)...
Nice. Seeing a game there is a high on my list of stadiums I haven't been to. Always seems like a good environment.
The stadium itself is......fine. It's fairly anodyne and not nearly as cool as the baseball park next door. I'd say the atmosphere at M&T is similar to what I imagine it is at most NFL stadiums. Location is good if you're staying in a hotel there (traffic can be a ***** driving out) and there are tons of bars/restaurants within walking distance.

Miami has a patch work OL right now, up to 4-5 starters from opening day are gone including LG-C, the other 3 spots are in and out of the line up.
Baltimore's kind of beaten up, too. They've lost Andrews, Dobbins, & Mitchell for the year. Tyus Bowser hasn't played at all and Ojabo barely has. They also took a few hard hits Monday with Hamilton, Zeitler, and a couple of others getting injured.

After the last couple of years, though, they seem the picture of health relatively speaking.

The spread's - what? - 3 or 4 points? That seems right, just based on where the game is being played. Of course, 2 of Baltimore's 3 losses have been at home. I don't know who wins this and no outcome would shock me into a hospital.

I'm shocked the game didn't get flexed into Sunday night.

I'm shocked the game didn't get flexed into Sunday night.
Miami Herald's Barry Jackson gives 4 reasons.

>>Here were the explanations offered or confirmed by multiple network sources:

1). The NFL’s mission with flex scheduling isn’t to replace decent games with great games. It’s to get out of airing bad games in prime time. And Vikings-Packers, the scheduled NBC New Year’s Eve game, was deemed to be meaningful because both teams have a chance to make the playoffs.

Green Bay and Minnesota are among four 7-8 teams trying to overtake the 8-7 Rams and 8-7 Seahawks for the final two wild card spots. The winner of the Packers-Vikings game has a decent chance to make the playoffs; the loser almost assuredly won’t make the playoffs. As soon as the NFL determined that game was significant, there wasn’t extended consideration given to replacing it with a different game.

2). The NFL set in stone the Dec. 31 schedule on Dec. 21, five days before it was required. Why didn’t the NFL wait to see the results of the games this past weekend before determining Dec. 31 game times? The league was sensitive to giving fans (those planning to attend Sunday night’s Packers game in Minneapolis and elsewhere) and team employees and networks more time to prepare for games on Dec. 31 without last minute changes. It’s one thing to set a mid-January game date and time a few days in advance, which will be the case for Week 18 games and playoff games.

But locking in the time of New Year’s Eve games, more than six days in advance, was viewed as an act of consideration by the league to its fans, teams and broadcast partners.

3). Beyond the NFL viewing the Packers-Vikings game as worth keeping on Sunday Night Football, the league also took into account the fact that the Ravens have been on prime time the past two weeks (on a Sunday night against Jacksonville and a Monday night against San Francisco). There wasn’t a great appetite to air the same team in prime time three consecutive weeks, regardless of the team.

4). As for why the NFL didn’t flip the start times of Dolphins-Ravens at 1 p.m. and Kansas City-Cincinnati at 4:25 p.m. — considering CBS has both games — a few reasons were given: The popularity of the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes and the fact the Bengals (8-7) have remained in playoff contention even without injured quarterback Joe Burrow. One network source said in a strange way, the Chiefs have become an even more fascinating television draw because they’ve proven to be vulnerable this season and aren’t running away with the top seed. (They’re on course to likely be the third seed.)<<

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article283531383.html#storylink=cpy

Guess who lives just outside of Baltimore and will be there on Sunday representing Fins Nation in their biggest regular season game in at least a decade (until week 18)...
Nice. Seeing a game there is a high on my list of stadiums I haven't been to. Always seems like a good environment.
The stadium itself is......fine. It's fairly anodyne and not nearly as cool as the baseball park next door. I'd say the atmosphere at M&T is similar to what I imagine it is at most NFL stadiums. Location is good if you're staying in a hotel there (traffic can be a ***** driving out) and there are tons of bars/restaurants within walking distance.
Just heard good things from friends that have visited and the crowd always seems pretty engaged on TV (winning helps that...).

Having stuff in walking distance sounds like the polar opposite of that other NFL stadium in Maryland. What a dump that stadium is.

Who would have thought with 2 weeks left in the season that we would be traveling to Baltimore with a Division Title on the line?
Miami is also one of basically 2 teams left in the AFC with a right to try and claim the top spot. When is the last time you can ever remember them being in this position?

Even when you go back to 1992, the Phins started 6-0 and then lost 5 of 7, won the last 3 and didn't score more than about 20 points a game after Week 10, they didn't look anything like this team that is about to go on the road for a heavyweight fight, so I implore you to just relax and let it go right now.

It feels like Hunt should have gone on Injured Reserve but with limited maneuvers they opted to just keep him on the roster. I doubt he plays this week but he's almost at Day-to-Day which would put him more in line for the season finale and Playoffs since we are going to be playing in Mid-January however we land there.

Holland, Howard, Jackson all practiced to some degree. Waddle has a high ankle sprain and I don't see him playing, Hill was rested of course, Armstead and Achane as well, Mostert seems like he will play thru his ankle injury, the team is saying that he's been dealing with injuries all season long, no surprise IMO, he's been an absolute warrior for them.

Again, we gotta move forward despite losing major starters on both sides, Tua is dealing with a thumb injury, team is not going to be 100%
Still feels good to be in a position we haven't seen them enter in a very long time. I haven't seen fans as optimistic since the early days of Marino, that's the truth.
No looking back or playing the what if game, it's all about Right Here Right Now!

They haven’t won a playoff game in 23 years.
They haven’t won the AFC East in 15 years.
They are 1-8 against the Bills in their last 9 games.

As much as I would love for them to beat the Ravens this week I think they play it safe again and sit all the day to day/questionable guys - Waddle, Holland, Jackson, Hunt, etc in preparation for the Bills next week.

With that said, this year has been an absolute blast. Haven’t had this much fun watching the team since the early Marino years. When was the last time they had a Top 5 offense and a Top 5 defense In the same year? Marino never had that luxury.

The future is bright - they’ve finally found their HC.& QB. Also excited for year 2 of Fangio - everywhere he’s gone his defenses have improved in Year 2/3 as he brings in more of his guys - this year it was replacing Elandon Roberts with Long Jr which was a huge upgrade. Can definitely see the same thing happening with replacing Baker next year.

Not expecting a W in Baltimore - hope they surprise me.
Now let’s go Jets !?!?

FINS UP !

Jalen Ramsey suffered a setback on his bad knee. X is having hip issues. Secondary may be a mess. We may have Kader and Apple on the outside with Needham in the slot. Could be an absolute disaster.

Its been 50+ years, can we just catch one small break please? Why do the football gods hate us so much? Shula sell his soul for that undefeated season?

Complete Embarrassment

-Started with the team not being honest
MoP didn't know nothing about Mostert until this morning, I was so naive to thinking he overcame that injury vs Dallas last week
We are screwed and you know it. No Mostert, no run game and the Offense flounders under Tua

$50m per season for this Piker? Oh yeah I finally said it
Wanted to believe he could make a difference, the Phins could do almost as well with Baker Freaking Mayfield to be blunt

This team is completely set up to swan dive over the next couple years and when Tua gets paid which eh will, so many holes will appear on this roster and the money you pay Tua does absolutely nothing to create plays, the guy cannot do it on his own

Was thinking today:

I am 53. Have been a fan for 48 years - since I understood that there was such thing as football. Every season we theoretically have a 1 in 16 chance to make it to the Super Bowl. By stats alone we should get there every 16 years, roughly. We have been there one time in my 48 years of fandom and we got absolutely pummelled 38-16 in a game that was not nearly as close as that score.

We should win the SB every 32 years - statistically speaking. We havent even come close in my 48 years.

I have also been a Caps fan since I was 7 and a die-hard idiot Orioles fan since I was 15. Combined between all teams I have one championship from the Caps and it was in a year where I was so pissed off at them from the previous season that I didnt watch a single game until the playoffs.

I would like to talk to the manager about returning my entire sports fan life and trading it in for another one. One that works.

Last edited:
Was thinking today:

I am 53. Have been a fan for 48 years - since I understood that there was such thing as football. Every season we theoretically have a 1 in 16 chance to make it to the Super Bowl. By stats alone we should get there every 16 years, roughly. We have been there one time in my 48 years of fandom and we got absolutely pummelled 38-16 in a game that was not nearly as close as that score.

We should win the SB every 32 years - statistically speaking. We havent even come close in my 48 years.

I have also been a Caps fan since I was 7 and a die-hard idiot Orioles fan since I was 15. Combined between all teams I have one championship from the Caps and it was in a year where I was so pissed off at them from the previous season that I didnt watch a single game until the playoffs.

I would like to talk to the manager about returning my entire sports fan life and trading it in for another one. One that works.
The blame falls on Boston and Tampa for hogging the championships 🤬

Was thinking today:

You forgot about 1982 vs The Redskins.

27-17 loss. The Riggins game when Don McNeal slipped going in motion on that TD run to put the game away.

But yeah....I feel you. I am also 53.

Users who are viewing this thread