What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland (3 Viewers)

The buzz seems quite a bit louder about him this year than a year ago for several reasons already mentioned in this thread (Norv, Chud, Weeden looking better in the new system, and getting lots of love in the red zone). Granted it's just the preseason but the direction for both Cameron and this offense looks like its pointing upward. I'm going to go after Cameron to be my Gronk replacement should he miss any games and possibly use him for trade bait if he does start red hot.

I'm having Cameron in my TEBC, prob gonna grab him in 10th round depending on how high his ADP rises (drafting in Sept).

I'll pair him with one of Housler/Cook/Keller/Davis

Rotoworld:

Browns OC Norval Turner praised Jordan Cameron's development as a blocker, and believes he's shown "he’s capable of making big plays."
Cameron's four catches for 72 yards and two touchdowns are what have stood out to fantasy owners this preseason, but his progress as a blocker is just as important. Better blocking means more snaps, and more snaps means more production. Cameron is Rotoworld's No. 11 tight end.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Officially hooked into the Cook/Cameron daily double in my main league as of last night's draft. Groans galore upon taking him, which I regard as a positive sign.

Officially hooked into the Cook/Cameron daily double in my main league as of last night's draft. Groans galore upon taking him, which I regard as a positive sign.
^This, will be my plan A going into the draft as well.

What round did you scoop them?

August 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Jordan Cameron day-to-day with strained groin

by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

Updating a previous item, Browns tight end Jordan Cameron missed practice Monday to rest his strained groin, reports the Associated Press. He is listed as day-to-day.

I want to believe in him, but inconsistent QB play and his complete lack of production outside of 1 preseason game have me hesitant to bite.

If I recall he looked like a stud the last 2 preseasons as well.
No he did not.
^This. He didn't look like a stud. At all. I hope his ADP drops really low :cool:
He had a 42 yard catch in game 1 against the Lions last year. Two targets in the game and caught both for 58 yards before leaving with a back injury.
And I was mistaking him for Evan Moore the year prior, my bad.
Evan Moore was a preseason god, I had him on some of my teams for a couple years. :lol:

Got Cameron in one league, he has a few weeks to produce. . If not, won't feel bad cutting my 12th rounder

Cameron is the only TE I drafted also. I really hope he will be based on all the talk about the coaching staff and how they've previously turned TE's into superstars. I guess we'll see what happens. Does anyone know what Cleveland's schedule looks like in terms of TE friendly matchups?

From a "Keeper" perspective I grabbed him to stay on my bench while Witten plays (and gets old). If he does what I except with Norv then he could be solid this year and even better next, and possibly be an option to take over my starting TE spot in the next few years (with probably fewer receptions but more TDs, hopefully)

Only TE here too, so hoping for the best. Although I'm contemplating picking up Celek just in case.
I think if you draft Cameron it is wise to draft Celek as a back-up... Celek is being way under drafted right now, and with Maclin out he has a great chance to be a big part of the passing game as being one of the Veterans trusted in the passing game, 3rd down situations etc.

I'm aboard this train. Started over no better options (Fred Davis and Gronk) It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up and what kind of decision to make when Gronk returns.

need2know said:
He was great. But I don't expect to see weeden throw 50+ times again. They need to run the ball to win
Cameron did most of his damage before Cleveland went all-pass-all-the-time in catchup mode. In the fourth quarter Cleveland had 25 pass plays (including sacks) and ZERO running plays. Cameron had 4 for 31 in the fourth. So 5 for 77 through three quarters extrapolates to 6.67 for 102.67 yards... close enough to what he ended up with.

I would be selling high. You can't really predict how Gordon's return will impact Cameron.
I agree. Chud can't keep asking Weeden to throw 53 times and only run T-Rich 13 times. Failure of a game plan as the Cleveland WR's tipped the balls right into the Dolphins hands. Cleveland is going to need to show more balance if they want to win. Gordon's return notwithstanding.

I also would like to see him produce when they run the ball more and Gordon returns, but this may be one guy where the results actually meets the pre-season hype.

I also would like to see him produce when they run the ball more and Gordon returns, but this may be one guy where the results actually meets the pre-season hype.
What does run the ball mean? Cleveland has no clue.

I see why Norv was fired, over 50 pass attempts with Weeden in a close game and only give it to Trich 13 times? Both should be fired instantly for being so ignorant in understanding football. Also, Steve Smith talking about Chud calling plays for a new job, irony is he is calling plays to lose his new job now.

Lost all respect for Chud and Norval for how they mismanaged that game, they are senseless.

ETA: I love some Cameron, he is a must start unless you have an obvious stud ahead of him. Like Graham, Gronk... or Cook? (Dude looked like a man amongst boys)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far he's well worth the $1 I spent for him in the draft. The $1 I spent for Julius Thomas ain't looking too shabby either. Been a looong time since a TE might break the lineup as my WR/TE flex instead of a WR.

I would be selling high. You can't really predict how Gordon's return will impact Cameron.
I agree. Chud can't keep asking Weeden to throw 53 times and only run T-Rich 13 times. Failure of a game plan as the Cleveland WR's tipped the balls right into the Dolphins hands. Cleveland is going to need to show more balance if they want to win. Gordon's return notwithstanding.
I wouldn't sweat Gordon's return. If yesterday is any indication of the fruits of Greg Little's legendary 2013 pre-season work ethic, then no amount of work is going to turn that guy into a competent catcher of footballs.

It'll be Gordon and Bess moving forward, and they'll need Cameron as that 3rd reliable target. Presumably Norv will have Little fetching coffee and the dry cleaning.

Cameron's TD in the back of the end zone was a thing of beauty. Hard to see him not being redzone target #1 even when Gordon is back.

With TRich shipped to Indy, is Cameron toast or will he continue to light it up in the long term?

And can you start Cam this weekend with Weeden out and TRich gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you believe this wait until after Cameron does to Michael Huff what Julius Thomas did to him week 1.
:goodposting:

Wait to sell high at least until next week.
Sold high on Monday. Weeden announced out on Tuesday, Trent Richardson announced gone on Wednesday, Gordon back this week, Brian Hoyer throwing the ball, could have timed it perfectly.

Well, I kinda like the browns having to throw the ball more instead of running it 25 times a game for 3.6 ypc... but the combo of Hoyer/No Rich/New Gordon is probably too much to stomach this weekend. Been riding Cameron in multiple leagues, but might look elsewhere this week.

The Browns have no choice to throw the ball now. The problem is defenses won't fear the run and focus more on covering Gordon and Cameron.

Users who are viewing this thread