What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

8/24 -- Rams vs Raiders (1 Viewer)

Last edited by a moderator:
i assume curry is faster, or more the deep threat here, am i correct?
I didn't see this question earlier.It's not his speed, it's his great body control and hands. His catch % has always been very very high, and he snares everything around him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan doesn't look good IMO. Rhodes could be great value once his suspension is up.
What about my boy Joe E. ?
You'll see some Ech-voodoo later on. He gets in there after Fargas. Word locally is he'll make the final roster. Good for him. He went to school locally at Cal.
I really like the power he runs with, I picked him up in all my deep dynasty's (35+ rosters)
I read in the SF Chronicle the other day that he could push past Fargas as the #3. He's a good fit for the zone blocking scheme they are now using and is playing really well. And of course the bunch ahead of him at #1 and #2 are no superstars, so in a deep dynasty ya never know.

I haven't read any of the posts in this thread yet, but I'm watching this game live and Culpepper looks EXTREMELY good IMO. A lot of deep balls in almost perfect spots that should have been caught. He looks like the old Daunte IMO.
So where would you project his season numbers at this point?

Do the Rams have the worst special team coverage in football or what? They were among the bottom last year and you can see why. One long kickoff return (carr?) and one great punt return called back (penalty was real, but didn't really effect the return) by Higgins.

I haven't read any of the posts in this thread yet, but I'm watching this game live and Culpepper looks EXTREMELY good IMO. A lot of deep balls in almost perfect spots that should have been caught. He looks like the old Daunte IMO.
He hasn't earned the starting job yet. Raiders like McCown's ability to move outside the pocket and have some plays designed for his mobility. CPep will have to clearly outplay him to secure the job. I'd say tonight they both did well, and I still don't know if one can be favored over the other. CPep started tonight because it was his turn. Each of the 3 QBs have started one game now.

Couch Potato said:
CrossEyed said:
PahtyTom said:
He hasn't earned the starting job yet. Raiders like McCown's ability to move outside the pocket and have some plays designed for his mobility. CPep will have to clearly outplay him to secure the job. I'd say tonight they both did well, and I still don't know if one can be favored over the other. CPep started tonight because it was his turn. Each of the 3 QBs have started one game now.
You don't really think that a healthy CPepp would get beat out by Josh McCown, do you?

Couch Potato said:
CrossEyed said:
PahtyTom said:
This guy thinks it'll be Culpepper. linkIt was Daunte Culpepper's first start as a Raiders quarterback. The first of what will be several more - and those starts will be fraught with far more importance than Friday's game on the A's infield.

But it's impossible to imagine him not going with Culpepper in the Sept. 9 season opener against the Detroit Lions.

Couch Potato said:
i assume curry is faster, or more the deep threat here, am i correct?
I didn't see this question earlier.It's not his speed, it's his great body control and hands. His catch % has always been very very high, and he snares everything around him.
Agreed. Curry is an awesome possession WR. He gets a lot of separation in a little space. Agility way exceeds his straight-line speed and he has excellent hands to go with it. The biggest concern is that he has repeatedly snapped achillies tendons. If he hadn't, he'd be the unquestioned #1 for the Raiders. FWIW, I drafted Porter in the 2nd round of our keep 14 this year. I was going for Curry in the 3rd and my buddy took him a few spots before me.

Couch Potato said:
CrossEyed said:
PahtyTom said:
This guy thinks it'll be Culpepper. linkIt was Daunte Culpepper's first start as a Raiders quarterback. The first of what will be several more - and those starts will be fraught with far more importance than Friday's game on the A's infield.

But it's impossible to imagine him not going with Culpepper in the Sept. 9 season opener against the Detroit Lions.
Nothing is official yet, but I don't have any doubt that Culpepper starts in week 1.

Couch Potato said:
CrossEyed said:
PahtyTom said:
You don't really think that a healthy CPepp would get beat out by Josh McCown, do you?
Kiffin seemed legitimately uncertain after the game. He said he'd want to review the tape and might have an answer early in the week, might have an answer later in the week, and might go into the final preseason game still undecided. It's his call, not mine, so that's why I said above "I still don't know if one can be favored over the other."If it were my decision there's no way I'd choose McCown. We know what each has done when the bell rings for real, and that would trump preseason games for me any day. Yeah, definitely I'd start CPep.

Users who are viewing this thread