What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

8 police officers surround black student while picking up trash where he lives in Colorado (1 Viewer)

That is not a good look for that department.   The police department stated they would have probably fired the office or at least suspended him after the incident but allowed him to resign and use up all his vacation, leave, and wtf? administrative leave.   WOW     

Wow, I watched that entire video. It was fascinating. I would have immediately complied because, well, I don’t particularly care for unnecessary and unproductive conflict.  That said, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t respect that guy for standing his ground. The cop was just unwilling to back down even though he knew he had screwed up. Even when his fellow officers were trying to get him to back off, he was still sticking to his guns (figuratively, if not literally).
Early on the student seemed to be sort of ok with what was going on. He provided and ID (that didn't have his address on it) and offered to show the officer that he could buzz into the building, but he lost his patients when the officer asked for his DOB. 

That is not a good look for that department.   The police department stated they would have probably fired the office or at least suspended him after the incident but allowed him to resign and use up all his vacation, leave, and wtf? administrative leave.   WOW     
Guy acted like a power hungry #######. I hope the hardcore conservatives in Colorado go crazy on that department.

Early on the student seemed to be sort of ok with what was going on. He provided and ID (that didn't have his address on it) and offered to show the officer that he could buzz into the building, but he lost his patients when the officer asked for his DOB. 
The student was in the right the entire time. He was being harassed for no reason.

The student was in the right the entire time. He was being harassed for no reason.
I agree 100%. After watching that video, I'm pleasantly surprised that he wasn't shot. 

About 5 minutes in the officer states his "get out of jail free card" when he says he is afraid and that the stick is all of a sudden a weapon when he watched the guy picking up trash with it the whole time.

I agree 100%. After watching that video, I'm pleasantly surprised that he wasn't shot. 

About 5 minutes in the officer states his "get out of jail free card" when he says he is afraid and that the stick is all of a sudden a weapon when he watched the guy picking up trash with it the whole time.
The kid nailed everything and it seems like the more he laid out the facts of the situation, the more it made the officer illogical. 

I would say these are sad times were living in, but this has always been the case.  Just now there is more and more video recordings of disturbing stuff like this.

Guy acted like a power hungry #######. I hope the hardcore conservatives in Colorado go crazy on that department.
Conservatives cheer this type of stuff.   That whole blue lives matter movement wasn't some hippy thing.  

Also if we are at the point where being able to pick up trash on your residence without being bothered by the government is considered a "hippy thing" then this country is a lost cause. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you offer him all that back pay and stuff to avoid some sort of defamation and wrongful termination suit which would be far more expensive for the city than just cutting him a check for a bunch of base pay.

Also if we are at the point where being able to pick up trash on your residence without being bothered by the government is considered a "hippy thing" then this country is a lost cause. 
Define being bothered by the government, because face and phone surveillance are a thing now.   

Define being bothered by the government, because face and phone surveillance are a thing now.   
Being forced to give ID when not doing anything wrong and then when asked to be left alone and going about your business having an officer threaten to tase you, putting his hand on his gun, etc. 

I mean there was a decent chance that officer considered drawing his gun on a person picking up trash. I am pretty sure it isn't what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they envisioned how our government would work. I hate the wing of the Conservative movement who have become authoritarians and lost sight of the defenders of the Constitution piece. 

I think you offer him all that back pay and stuff to avoid some sort of defamation and wrongful termination suit which would be far more expensive for the city than just cutting him a check for a bunch of base pay.
Colorado law requires paying out any unused or accrued pto even if an employee is terminated. I imagine that factored in. 

Users who are viewing this thread