What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (2 Viewers)

rockaction said:
So Lonesome Dove is a must-read, huh?

RIP to McMurtry and the others today. I always wanted to watch The Last Picture Show. There's an author behind it, and it's apparently him. Interesting.

wikkidpissah said:
Horseman, Pass By (made in to the movie Hud, but quite different), Leaving Cheyenne & Last Picture Show (i think they're McMurtry's first 3 books) are a series and they're right up your alley thematically, if not genre-wise. Base existentials - broiling fusses over bleak circumstance - told like a story 'round a fire. Read em casually and let em sneak up on you. Lonesome Dove is right there with the big novels - the obvious and obscure, done in grand style
Yeah, what wikkid said.  :D  

The only reason I logged on tonight was to see if @wikkidpissah had anything to say about original SNL writer Anne Beatts.
i can't do it without sounding like a total sexist pig. the best way to characterize Anne Beatts was that any lesser person would have been destroyed by not only being a female comedy writer in the 70s (and a segment of 70s male hippies may have been the worst sexists since the Cossacks because they had the old codes AND the new hypocrisies)  but the schlubby writing partner of one of the 5 sexiest human beings to ever live in Rosie Schuster.

But, rather than cringe and fester like any intelligent woman would, Annie embraced the Schuster rebound to create her own comedy cavalcade with Falstaffian glee. There is no greater compliment i can give a human being than to say they employed rejection and approbation with the same vibrant spirit of opportunity. Good night, Roseanne Roseanndanna - RIP if you can find a place that doesnt have a disgusting hair across it or pus on it or something.

Bobby “Slick” Leonard. 
A legend here in Indiana. As a player, a coach and a tv announcer. 😢
In '72 I was eight years old when my dad and I attended a Pacers pre-season scrimmage.  I don't recall all of the details, but somehow after the scrimmage, I'm standing outside the locker room entrance and Coach was getting the entire team to autograph the souvenir program.  Still have it today.   

Users who are viewing this thread