What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (5 Viewers)

Lance Reddick, famous for his work on HBO's "The Wire" and the "John Wick" movie franchise has died ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Lance's body was discovered at his Studio City home Friday morning around 9:30 AM. His cause of death is currently unclear, but our law enforcement sources say it appears to be natural.

Really liked this guy.
A big fan here, too. One of the many reasons I liked the Bosch series. :cry:

Sucks to lose [PLACEHOLDER], I was a big fan of _____'s work, despite ________.

Sad to see anyone pass, but the bars dropped to the floor for inclusion here. Movie extras and random people on album covers?
(Guess that's better than the awful first response in this thread, but still...)

Sucks to lose Paul Grant, I was a big fan of his uncredited Goblin in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Sucks to lose Bobbi Ercoline, I was a big fan of her appearance on the cover of the original Woodstock soundtrack album.

Movie extras and random people on album covers?
She wasn't exactly a household name, but a pretty memorable image for an entire generation.
Really? Not exactly a household name? She wasn't a household name. Period.
And I'm not looking to be the arbiter of who does/does not belong in the thread. I'll leave that to @Good Posting Judge

I just googled (images) what you wrote: Woodstock museum on the grounds of the festival (Bethel Woods), and don't see it. Anywhere.
I haven't been to the museum, so I haven't seen the prominent display. But I'd be willing to bet that - memorable image or not - there wouldn't be more than 1 in 1,000,000 people outside of her friends and family that could have named the person on the album cover.

Guess this is akin to when Mikey from Life cereal died from pop rocks and coca cola.

She wasn't exactly a household name, but a pretty memorable image for an entire generation.
And I'm not looking to be the arbiter of who does/does not belong in the thread. I'll leave that to @Good Posting Judge

I just googled (images) what you wrote: Woodstock museum on the grounds of the festival (Bethel Woods), and don't see it. Anywhere.
I haven't been to the museum, so I haven't seen the prominent display. But I'd be willing to bet that - memorable image or not - there wouldn't be more than 1 in 1,000,000 people outside of her friends and family that could have named the person on the album cover.

Guess this is akin to when Mikey from Life cereal died from pop rocks and coca cola.
Check in when the nirvana baby dies. I thought her passing was noteworthy for this thread.

A post in a FFA thread wouldn't be enough for him. Full page ad in the NY Times would be more appropriate.

It's in the back of the museum - at least it was when I went the last time before COVID. Prominent is probably a stretch.

Anyway, it's not her name but her image that is most memorable. Not sure what the big deal is - she's a face of a generation even if no one knows who she was.

Last edited:
it's not her name but her image that is most memorable. Not sure what the big deal is - she's a face of a generation even if no one knows who she was.
Yes, there are a lot of iconic photos and album covers that deserve a mention when that person passes away. A few years ago one of the people in a famous WW2 photo died and it warranted a mention even though it was "just" a random soldier celebrating the end of the war by kissing a woman on the street.

it's not her name but her image that is most memorable. Not sure what the big deal is - she's a face of a generation even if no one knows who she was.
Yes, there are a lot of iconic photos and album covers that deserve a mention when that person passes away. A few years ago one of the people in a famous WW2 photo died and it warranted a mention even though it was "just" a random soldier celebrating the end of the war by kissing a woman on the street.
I was thinking of that same photo as a comparison.

Willis Reed

Damn 😞

I’m going to limp to my car now in his honor.

Yeah we became dull to it bc of oversaturation. People claimed all kinds of crazy cynical stuff over the years, like he wasn't really hurt that bad.

But if you watched it live, May 8, 1970 was one of the greatest things ever. For men that moment ranks right up there with Secretariat winning Belmont by 31 lengths or Jack shooting 30 on the back 9 to win his 6th Masters.

Sucks to lose [PLACEHOLDER], I was a big fan of _____'s work, despite ________.

Sad to see anyone pass, but the bars dropped to the floor for inclusion here. Movie extras and random people on album covers?
(Guess that's better than the awful first response in this thread, but still...)

Sucks to lose Paul Grant, I was a big fan of his uncredited Goblin in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Sucks to lose Bobbi Ercoline, I was a big fan of her appearance on the cover of the original Woodstock soundtrack album.
FBGs have posted about losing friends, relatives, etc. Different people react to death and grieve in different ways. You don't have to be a doosh canoe about it. :shrug:

this seems like a really strange hill to die on and if you did die on this hill someone here would probably post about it even though no one knows who you are take that to the bank brohans

And I'm not looking to be the arbiter of who does/does not belong in the thread.

This seems demonstrably untrue.
First of all, I apologize if I've offended anyone in this thread. It was not my intention.

But you are absolutely wrong. I was not being the arbiter of this thread. I was simply pointing out how far those posts were from the original poster:
Sucks to lose [PLACEHOLDER], I was a big fan of _____'s work, despite ________..

So if you can quote where I told anyone not to post uncredited goblins, be my guest.

And I'm not looking to be the arbiter of who does/does not belong in the thread.

This seems demonstrably untrue.
First of all, I apologize if I've offended anyone in this thread. It was not my intention.

But you are absolutely wrong. I was not being the arbiter of this thread. I was simply pointing out how far those posts were from the original poster:
Sucks to lose [PLACEHOLDER], I was a big fan of _____'s work, despite ________..

So if you can quote where I told anyone not to post uncredited goblins, be my guest.

I would just let this one go, my man.

Jesus Alou, 80 passes away ...

when we ever see three brothers play at that high of a level in professional sports?

so many guys from my youth passing away :sadbanana:

Reminds me of a t-shirt.

On the front: "The answer is Jesus."
On the back: "The question is who is the brother of Matty and Felipe Alou."

I am not sure if it compares or not to the Alou's but I can think of one other three brother family with some good credentials.

Arthur Jones and Chandler Jones both were pro NFL players and both have won a Super Bowl. Their brother is Jon Jones, the current heavy weight champion in the UFC and whom many regard as the greatest MMA fighter in history.

John Brockington, former Packers running back and Rookie of the Year, dead at 74.

(Hopefully, he's not to obscure.)
he ran looking for someone to hit and the first guy to try to tackle him was just to slow him down so someone else might be able to actually tackle him he was pretty good is what i am getting at take that to the bank bromigos

Nora Forster, longtime partner & wife of John (nee Johnny Rotten) Lydon - if you're a fan of John, then you know of "his Nora".

they were together some 47 years, making it official with their marriage in '79 - Nora was also the mum of the late Slits lead singer Ari Up, whose children John & Nora took custody of

she had taken very ill the past decade or so, then the dementia set in, and it really crushed him ... but he was at her side as much as he could possibly be.

in these latter years, whenever you would see an interview with him, he always made a point to mention her, and the battle they were fighting ... most famously walking off a panel here in the City, pretty much sobbing that his Nora needed him.

as irascible and cantankerous as he could be, his heart was always in the right spot for her - one of the greatest relationships we've seen in that biz.

she came from some German coin, and worked early on as a promoter - most notably getting both Hendrix & Yes to the German audiences - she then shifted gears to London, establishing herself as one of the key peripheral players on the scene ... then dove right into the Punk explosion, working with the Clash, Pistols, etc.

there she met John, and the rest was history.

R.I.P. 🙏

The ironic part about the last page of this thread is that Good Posting Judge set this thread up with the intent of making fun of people affected by and reacting to celebrity deaths as if they knew the celebrities or were friends with them. To quibble about the degree of famousness required would have GPJ just shaking his head, me thinks.

This one hits close to home
RIP Ian

He was also a member of Pilot (“Magic”) and played on many Alan Parsons Project records.
Yup - including I Robot with the memorable solo on “I Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You.”
Yep. Ian was such an underrated guitar player. He played some beautiful riffs.

Been friends with him since I met the original (album) APP band back in 1996. Very sweet, soft-spoken Scot. He will be truly missed by APP fans worlwide.

Users who are viewing this thread