What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Hernandez current dynasty value (1 Viewer)

Copied from the dynasty rankings.........#44TE.... Redacted says: Things look grim for Hernandez from a legal perspective in addition to his swift release by the Patriots. As once the close-to-consensus TE3 in dynasty circles, he falls into a range as a complete flyer reserved for deep leagues or ones with tight-end premium scoring. Even then, he will require patience, a legal turn of events, and another chance in the NFL granted by a team without Tom Brady. (Fri, Jun 28).

Oofa

to be clear I don't care really what a persons ranking is especially if it deviates from the norm but this crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand not wanting to remove Aaron Hernandez from your rankings completely, but he should not be in your top four hundred or so tight ends. It is obvious to me that he has less fantasy value than any of: Leonard Pope, Brit Miller, Dominique Jones, Todd Heap, Will Heller, Dallas Clark, Jake O'Connell, Randy McMichael, Chris Cooley, Justin Snow, or Shannon Sharpe, just to name a few.
I am still baffled that this isn't completely obvious to all. Guys either don't really comprehend the big picture or are in some sort of denial that a guy can fall from TE3 to completely done without being dead. HE IS COMPLETELY DONE IN THE NFL, PERMANENTLY.

He was just moved in one of my leagues, I wasn't involved.

Hernandez, LaFell, Nick Toon, Knowshon Moreno

for

Witten, Greg Jennings, Vincent Brown, Bryce Brown

I like the Witten side personally.
That looks liek a deal where the guy getting Hernandez fully expects everything to be fine.

Lafell, Toon, and Moreno to me a trash. Jenning should be at least halfway decent. Vincent is very promising. Bryce Brown has talent t o be good if he gets an opportunity. Witten is a stud for a couple years.

I probably dont personally move hernandez for that, but that isnt bad.
Highway robbery then and now...

I understand not wanting to remove Aaron Hernandez from your rankings completely, but he should not be in your top four hundred or so tight ends. It is obvious to me that he has less fantasy value than any of: Leonard Pope, Brit Miller, Dominique Jones, Todd Heap, Will Heller, Dallas Clark, Jake O'Connell, Randy McMichael, Chris Cooley, Justin Snow, or Shannon Sharpe, just to name a few.
I am still baffled that this isn't completely obvious to all. Guys either don't really comprehend the big picture or are in some sort of denial that a guy can fall from TE3 to completely done without being dead. HE IS COMPLETELY DONE IN THE NFL, PERMANENTLY.
As of Tuesday's arraignment, I think most of us get it. Most of us aren't holding out hope thinking he's going to come back and play. Most of us can see the evidence stacked against him, the pre-draft issues, the other crimes that are now surfacing in the media and agree that this guy looks like the worst human being ever.

If the law were designed so that anyone can claim anything about anybody and they are immediately convicted and put away forever, than this thread would have ended long ago.

Some of us, despite knowing what he is up against, are willing to let it play out in court until we rule out that final 1% chance he ever plays again. There is nothing wrong with that. You obviously don't agree, and I respect that. I just wish you could respect my opinion.

And as far as rankings, I speak for myself, but in a 14 Team start 1 TE league, I don't care if the staffers rank him 42nd or 400th because the odds that any player in that range ever see my lineup are slim to none.

As of Tuesday's arraignment, I think most of us get it. Most of us aren't holding out hope thinking he's going to come back and play. Most of us can see the evidence stacked against him, the pre-draft issues, the other crimes that are now surfacing in the media and agree that this guy looks like the worst human being ever.

If the law were designed so that anyone can claim anything about anybody and they are immediately convicted and put away forever, than this thread would have ended long ago.

Some of us, despite knowing what he is up against, are willing to let it play out in court until we rule out that final 1% chance he ever plays again. There is nothing wrong with that. You obviously don't agree, and I respect that. I just wish you could respect my opinion.

And as far as rankings, I speak for myself, but in a 14 Team start 1 TE league, I don't care if the staffers rank him 42nd or 400th because the odds that any player in that range ever see my lineup are slim to none.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I'm done with Hernandez, and will never own the guy again because I personally believe he had something to do with a man's death, if not pulled the trigger. After the top 4-5 tiers of players, its all just long shots anyway. Who cares where he is ranked at that point.

Hearing fans chant for him when the correctional van drove off, really reminded me of what his potential jury pool could be. Not to mention as of right now (what we know) the potential forensic evidence is somewhat weak. I'm only giving him a 1% of beating this, but after the Casey Anthony case, I think anything is possible in a courtroom.

I'm only giving him a 1% of beating this, but after the Casey Anthony case, I think anything is possible in a courtroom.
If he pulls an O.J. and beats this in court, he might return to play in the CFL.

He's not playing in the NFL again.
Aaron Hernandez is Casey Anthony, if the case against Anthony was so strong that the authorities charged her in a week instead of three months later, and if Casey Anthony was also being investigated in an earlier double homicide, and if Casey Anthony also had a bevy of open-and-shut weapons charges leveled against her, and if Casey Anthony also had co-conspirators capable of testifying against her.

Hernandez is not beating this. It's not happening.

I'm only giving him a 1% of beating this, but after the Casey Anthony case, I think anything is possible in a courtroom.
If he pulls an O.J. and beats this in court, he might return to play in the CFL.

You think if he beats a Murder charge and only goes down for gun charges, the NFL will still give him a lifetime ban?
Yes. Whether or not he beats the charge in court, everybody is going to know that he's guilty. Goodell isn't going to let him play.

HE IS COMPLETELY DONE IN THE NFL, PERMANENTLY.
I checked in to this thread to see why it was still being bumped up.

The above is true. I can't believe anyone is thinking otherwise.

To further back MT on this, it's starting to look more and more likely with every passing day that AH has been involved in MULTIPLE incidents involving guns and shootings. This may not be the only court case he will have to defend himself in. IMO, if there were only one incident and he beat it that's one thing, but when there are multiple incidents then that makes it even more unlikely for him to return to play.

I checked in to this thread to see why it was still being bumped up.The above is true. I can't believe anyone is thinking otherwise.
sums it up. This thread should read verdict is zero and lock.

Aaron Hernandez is Casey Anthony, if the case against Anthony was so strong that the authorities charged her in a week instead of three months later, and if Casey Anthony was also being investigated in an earlier double homicide, and if Casey Anthony also had a bevy of open-and-shut weapons charges leveled against her, and if Casey Anthony also had co-conspirators capable of testifying against her.

While it does look like this is going to be a cut and dry conviction at this point, it would not be the first time that police and prosecutors made a huge mistake in a rush to charge someone. Clearly Hernandez is guilty of something. But it is not impossible that in a few months we find out that he is only guilty of gun charges, obstruction of justice and conspiracy after the fact. If he agrees to testify he could walk with a light sentence. Of course the odds of something like that happening are very low( ...under 5% ?) at this point, but in a league with deep enough benches he might still be worth a roster spot until a little more of the evidence comes to light.

It is a huge long shot, but rostering him in dynasty for a month on two during the off season is not much of a risk

Clearly Hernandez is guilty of something. But it is not impossible that in a few months we find out that he is only guilty of gun charges, obstruction of justice and conspiracy after the fact. If he agrees to testify he could walk with a light sentence. Of course the odds of something like that happening are very low( ...under 5% ?) at this point...
In my view, it is nowhere near 5%. It is nowhere near even 0.5%.

Clearly Hernandez is guilty of something. But it is not impossible that in a few months we find out that he is only guilty of gun charges, obstruction of justice and conspiracy after the fact. If he agrees to testify he could walk with a light sentence. Of course the odds of something like that happening are very low( ...under 5% ?) at this point...
Duke Lacrosse?

Duke Lacrosse?
If you're saying his chance of playing in the NFL is pretty similar to his chance of playing for Duke Lacrosse, I'd say that's the right ballpark.

If you're saying that the evidence against Hernandez is similar to the evidence against the Duke Lacrosse players, I emphatically disagree.

Duke Lacrosse?
If you're saying his chance of playing in the NFL is pretty similar to his chance of playing for Duke Lacrosse, I'd say that's the right ballpark.

If you're saying that the evidence against Hernandez is similar to the evidence against the Duke Lacrosse players, I emphatically disagree.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as the evidence, we do not know how much actual evidence they have implicating Hernandez. Clearly there is a lot of circumstantial evidence and Aaron has behaved like a guilty man, but using the Duke Lacrosse comparison early on in that "scandal" it sure looked like the police and prosecutor had a lot of evidence as well.

Looking back at Duke lacrosse it is easy to forget that public perception was that they we 100% guilty. Duke cancelled their entire lacrosse season, the coach was forced to resign, players were arrested an charge with rape, sexual offense and kidnapping and the prospector was considering classifying the attack as a hate crime.

Obviously I am playing Devil's advocate here, Hernandez is very likely done, but I have seen enough cowboy cops and loose cannon prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves to know that you can never be 100% sure early on in an investigation.

You think if he beats a Murder charge and only goes down for gun charges, the NFL will still give him a lifetime ban?
Yes. Whether or not he beats the charge in court, everybody is going to know that he's guilty. Goodell isn't going to let him play.
He has little chance of beating this thing but if we could for a moment just assume the impossible, that he does, than I cry foul on the notion Goodell would give him a lifetime ban. I'm 99.9% sure we'll never know but I'm 100% sure if we get there it won't happen. What's more is he won't need to. If Hernandez beat the charges in an OJ like fashion, meaning we all know he did it, than no team is ever going to employ him anyway. Won't happen.

There is only one scenario where Hernandez could ever play in the NFL again. Beat the charges and do so in a fashion where the public opinion truly thinks he's not guilty or at a minimum believes it's at least possible he did not murder people. I give this next to no chance of actually happening but if it did he'd be back in the NFL.

If you own him in a league and don't need to release him I'd hang on for that .0001% chance. Why not,what do you have to lose until it's time to do cuts?

He has little chance of beating this thing but if we could for a moment just assume the impossible, that he does, than I cry foul on the notion Goodell would give him a lifetime ban. I'm 99.9% sure we'll never know but I'm 100% sure if we get there it won't happen. What's more is he won't need to. If Hernandez beat the charges in an OJ like fashion, meaning we all know he did it, than no team is ever going to employ him anyway. Won't happen.

There is only one scenario where Hernandez could ever play in the NFL again. Beat the charges and do so in a fashion where the public opinion truly thinks he's not guilty or at a minimum believes it's at least possible he did not murder people. I give this next to no chance of actually happening but if it did he'd be back in the NFL.

If you own him in a league and don't need to release him I'd hang on for that .0001% chance. Why not,what do you have to lose until it's time to do cuts?
Even if he beats the murder charge, he faces iron clad weapons charges that will likely land him in prison for 4 years or so. Seeing that the trial alone will take a full year or 2 years to play out, thats roughly 6 years taken from him just like that. Then you have whatever potential NFL suspension is handed down, probably a minimum of a year. Best case, and boy I'm really stretching here, is he might possibly be available for football again in 7 years. At that point he's probably an out of shape turd anyway.

We have some staff guys still ranking him in the 40s for dynasty. Hence my comment. It was 3 guys earlier today, down to 2 now. And one ranking him at TE28 but I think that's still a pre-arraignment posting. My comment was made after seeing the staffers still having hope for some unknown reason.

Duke Lacrosse?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as the evidence, we do not know how much actual evidence they have implicating Hernandez. Clearly there is a lot of circumstantial evidence and Aaron has behaved like a guilty man, but using the Duke Lacrosse comparison early on in that "scandal" it sure looked like the police and prosecutor had a lot of evidence as well.

Looking back at Duke lacrosse it is easy to forget that public perception was that they we 100% guilty. Duke cancelled their entire lacrosse season, the coach was forced to resign, players were arrested an charge with rape, sexual offense and kidnapping and the prospector was considering classifying the attack as a hate crime.

Obviously I am playing Devil's advocate here, Hernandez is very likely done, but I have seen enough cowboy cops and loose cannon prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves to know that you can never be 100% sure early on in an investigation.
Sounds more like you were playing Blue Devil's advocate.....zinga!!!!!

Sorry. had to. But seriously, the argument here(and I am completely guilty of arguing side B) is whether Hernandez has a A)0% or B)0.0000001% chance of ever playing again. Who really cares? Go ahead and lock the thread. The whole thing is worthless at this point.

Even if he beats the murder charge, he faces iron clad weapons charges that will likely land him in prison for 4 years or so. Seeing that the trial alone will take a full year or 2 years to play out, thats roughly 6 years taken from him just like that. Then you have whatever potential NFL suspension is handed down, probably a minimum of a year. Best case, and boy I'm really stretching here, is he might possibly be available for football again in 7 years. At that point he's probably an out of shape turd anyway.
He has the right to requeset a speedy trial which I read is usually within 12 months or less. Since he's already behind bars I can't fathom a reason he would not want the process expedited. I don't think this is one of those multi-year scenarios people have been referencing and I'd imagine before this time next year he's already been found guilty of multiple charges.

Again we discuss if he has any fantasy football value but really I think think the verdict is going to be more about if he ever has a chance at any point in his life for parole or he'll officially find out that this last Wednesday was the last day he'll ever be a free man again even if he lives to be a really old man. I'm guessing the latter myself.

What I had heard on the radio by a Boston criminal defense attorney as a possible scenario was AH pleading out to a lesser charge (manslaughter or not premeditated murder), maybe resolves some other outstanding cases and/or gives up other co-conspirators. That would avoid a costly drawn out trial that he probably would not win, and would ultimate end up with him receiving something like a 30-40 year total sentence, but he could get out on parole in 25-30 years for good behavior. That way, he could be out of jail in his late 40s and early 50s. If not, things go to trial (perhaps involving multiple homicide cases) and he could face life in prison without parole. Of course, if he and his defense team thinks they can win or he refuses to want to admit any culpability, then these cases go to trial and it's a crapshoot for him.

It is a huge long shot, but rostering him in dynasty for a month on two during the off season is not much of a risk
It will most likely be close to a year until this thing goes to trial.

I doubt there are many who want to tie up a roster spot, knowing that regardless of the outcome of the trial,

Goodell will lay his hammer down squarely, with what will most likely amount to a lifetime ban, in my opinion.

The overwhelming evidence should keep him behind bars at worst, and banned from the NFL at least for the rest of his productive days......

It's ovah

We have some staff guys still ranking him in the 40s for dynasty.
Obviously they are on vacation. That is understandable.

It will most likely be close to a year until this thing goes to trial.

I doubt there are many who want to tie up a roster spot, knowing that regardless of the outcome of the trial,

Goodell will lay his hammer down squarely, with what will most likely amount to a lifetime ban, in my opinion.

The overwhelming evidence should keep him behind bars at worst, and banned from the NFL at least for the rest of his productive days......

It's ovah
Just dropped in one of my dyno leagues, 1.5 ppr for TEs, waivers are open year round. Look for more to follow.

What I had heard on the radio by a Boston criminal defense attorney as a possible scenario was AH pleading out to a lesser charge (manslaughter or not premeditated murder), maybe resolves some other outstanding cases and/or gives up other co-conspirators. That would avoid a costly drawn out trial that he probably would not win, and would ultimate end up with him receiving something like a 30-40 year total sentence, but he could get out on parole in 25-30 years for good behavior. That way, he could be out of jail in his late 40s and early 50s. If not, things go to trial (perhaps involving multiple homicide cases) and he could face life in prison without parole. Of course, if he and his defense team thinks they can win or he refuses to want to admit any culpability, then these cases go to trial and it's a crapshoot for him.
If by crapshoot you mean he has to roll a Yahtzee with about 467 dice, then I agree with you.

Low mileage though so may be worth a pickup at that point.

A guy just offered me Hernandez for a 3rd rd rookie pick and I declined. I guess he figured I was late to the party.

The people who still regard AH as having any value whatsoever in dynasty leagues are also the kind of people who tend to be always accumulating assets for the future, while often forgetting that the object of fantasy leagues, including dynasty leagues, is still to win you league in any given year (or at least it should be).

Even if the guy somehow played again in 5 or 10 years, who cares? It's ludicrous to lock up a roster spot for that long, for a player who doesn't even guarantee you a championship. By the time he came back, other TEs will have emerged and your roster will have moved on. Besides, TE is the least valuable position in the long-term anyway.

He shouldn't be on anyone's rankings now and I have no idea why anyone would want to acquire him for anything. If you're targeting a league victory in 2020 then good luck to you.

I have a better shot at breaking in the NFL than AHern does getting back in, worthless; end thread.
Post your measurables please. Height/weight/40 time should be sufficient. Oh and number of felony convictions. How we supposed to rank with you no numbers?

TIA.

I have a better shot at breaking in the NFL than AHern does getting back in, worthless; end thread.
That's it, you have made my board.
Guppy. KellysHeroes has been on my boards ever since his sophomore year of high school. He's currently my 3,572,968th ranked tight end, right behind David Denman (Roy from "The Office"; made his film debut as the deaf tight end in "The Replacements"), and just a couple of spots ahead of Tim Tebow.

for

That looks liek a deal where the guy getting Hernandez fully expects everything to be fine.

Lafell, Toon, and Moreno to me a trash. Jenning should be at least halfway decent. Vincent is very promising. Bryce Brown has talent t o be good if he gets an opportunity. Witten is a stud for a couple years.

The guy who traded for Hernandez has gotten crucified by other owners, mostly good-natured ribbing but he didn't take it that way, he seems genuinely furious that he simply gave away a bunch of proven players and quality prospects for basically nothing. What a deal for the guy who got Witten etc.

for

The guy who traded for Hernandez has gotten crucified by other owners, mostly good-natured ribbing but he didn't take it that way, he seems genuinely furious that he simply gave away a bunch of proven players and quality prospects for basically nothing. What a deal for the guy who got Witten etc.
It's like making fun of a guy who burned his face all up in a fireworks accident, and is deformed for life..................good natured ribbing might not work there, lol

Users who are viewing this thread