What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Hernandez Found Dead - Suicide Suspected (1 Viewer)

And when are they going to stop making it possible to tie linens to a barred window? They're just asking for prisoners to commit suicide with that. How about just a pane of bullet-proof glass?
I wouldn't want them to spend more tax dollars on that type of upgrade for cells in general population prison blocks.  If a guy wants to check out on his own accord... that's sad but... 

I do think it's tragic/sad that Hernandez himself lost his father when he was young and the trouble started for Hernandez soon after with the drugs and gangs and what not.  I don't necessarily feel bad today for Hernandez himself but I do feel sad for his young daughter.  He didn't just wake up one morning as a teenager and decide to become an evil person and it's awful when gangs consume anyone's life.

I can't imagine in this day and time a person could commit suicide in prison without someone seeing it happen.   Cameras, guards, other prisoners?   
1. There are no cameras in cells. 

2. He did it in the middle of the night - probably few guards on duty & less patrols. 

3. Other inmates probably either wouldn't care or glad he's gone. :shrug:  

So he squandered his wife/daughters nest egg to prove he didn't commit these murders. 

IDK, it's weird IMO
The guy was a flat out awful person. Among the worst of the worst. Killed "friends," tried to kill other friends. Was all and only about himself. 

Think he really gave a #### about his fiancé or daughter? Likely a narcissist / psychopath.  While I'm against the death penalty (govt should not be on the business of sanctioning the killing of its own citizens for a multitude of reasons, bloodlust and desire for revenge be damned), glad we aren't on the hook for this selfish man any longer. 

Sad for his family, but not one bit sad for Hernandez. 

the poor souls who were addled with CTE and committed suicide deserve respect and sympathy, and reflection on player safety and care after retirement.

but this guy?  nope. not feeling it.  
I don't know what the evidence will show, but I think it is too early to say that Aaron Hernandez did not have CTE.  

Pats scheduled to visit the White House today. Gonna put a little bit of a damper on that ceremony.
Can't help but think that he took this into account with the timing of his suicide.  I hate the Pats, but do feel sorry for them on a day they should be celebrating and not having to discuss this POS.  

Whoa!   What a tragic life for a person with unbelievable physical talents.  Very unfortunate but he just wasn't a very good guy

Agreed. The guy was a murderer. The only reason he committed suicide was because he was locked up for life. This is totally different than someone who is free to do what they want but has some mental issue and ends their life.
If anything this cheats the family members of his victims who wanted to see him rot in prison. He stuck it to them one last time.  It's awful for his daughter but I just can't muster up any sympathy for him.  Sorry. 

I do think it's tragic/sad that Hernandez himself lost his father when he was young and the trouble started for Hernandez soon after with the drugs and gangs and what not.  I don't necessarily feel bad today for Hernandez himself but I do feel sad for his young daughter.  He didn't just wake up one morning as a teenager and decide to become an evil person and it's awful when gangs consume anyone's life.
Good call here. The lack of a paternal force in young men's lives likely has a far greater impact than we fully understand. 

Suicide is a very serious issue. This case should not be considered a society issue suicide though.

The Hernadez story should not evoke any sympathy or emotion. Hernandez did to himself what he did to others. The only sad thing is seeing a person who was living a life many only dream about throw it all away and have an ending like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, in the long term, this might be a net positive for the daughter. She probably didnt know him very well and I doubt he was going to drop some of life's wisdom on her in the coming years. 

It is tragic when someone is one of the very best in the world at what they do and that talent is squandered.

Although, that had already taken place before this.

This guy also left a tornado of tragedy in his path. 

Lloyd's family, his own daughter, and the two victim's families of the 'unsolved' murders from 2012. 

He is literally one of the craziest sports stories of my lifetime. 

That's kind of the interesting part.

The motive for Odin Lloyd's murder was to cover up the other two muders. Now that he was found not guilty of the other 2 murders, there goes the motive. He probably had a good case for an appeal on the only murder he's serving time for.

Strange...strange timing on his suicide, if that's what this was.
I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but I do find the timing extremely strange. 

Honestly, in the long term, this might be a net positive for the daughter. She probably didnt know him very well and I doubt he was going to drop some of life's wisdom on her in the coming years. 
I agree. If last week in court where she was used as a prop was any indication this is a very good thing

And to clarify, I think it's sad in its entirety. The story as it's played out has been unspeakably crushing for the families and those connected to people Hernandez killed. But I feel for Hernandez' family and those close to him as well. And even Hernandez himself. I understand many don't feel this way, but I take no joy in his life ending. 

But on a bigger scope, for people who've been affected by suicide in some form or who may even be having thoughts of it themselves, a suicide story in the news can be intensely personal and emotional. A high profile story like this can drag back up lots of emotions as people deal with their own history. It feels like a time for caution and maybe restraint. Thanks.

The Hernadez story should not evoke any sympathy or emotion. 
Of course it should.  I feel horrible for his relatives, daughter, and victims' families.  

It's hard to feel sorry for him, though, as he had the world on a platter and had plenty of chances to not go down the dark path he did.

And to clarify, I think it's sad in its entirety. The story as it's played out has been unspeakably crushing for the families and those connected to people Hernandez killed. But I feel for Hernandez' family and those close to him as well. And even Hernandez himself. I understand many don't feel this way, but I take no joy in his life ending. 
Turning it around to imply that others have joy in this?  Come on, you are better than this.

For those looking for motive & curious about timing - because AH was still in appeal for original murder and can no longer assist in his appeal, the murder conviction can and likely will be vacated, restoring all the Patriot $$ morals-claused away from Hernandez's family.

Odd we cant joke about this. 
Bizarre choices for the few and far between things these guys choose to moderate.  The few and far between part is good though.  

I heard some really good one liners on the radio this morning too.   :kicksrock:

For those looking for motive & curious about timing - because AH was still in appeal for original murder and can no longer assist in his appeal, the murder conviction can and likely will be vacated, restoring all the Patriot $$ morals-claused away from Hernandez's family.
Wow.  That's around $6 million as I recall.

Pre-meditated murder.  Over and over again.  Sorry, but I have no sympathy for that.  Maybe it was his up-bringing and depression and/or hatred therein....I can grasp the angst, to a degree.  But you can fight that war without taking other people's lives.  The families that he ruined, what about them?  Respect?

why would it likely be vacated?

Was he smart enough to know this? Did someone advise him that killing himself would bring XYZ dollars to his family?

I understand what you are saying, but Hernandez is different than most gangstas as he had a ticket out of that way of life with his football talent. He chose to remain a gangsta, and I think he relished being looked up to by other gang members with his riches from football and fame. He was a sociopath. All the pain and damage he left behind on the innocent people associated with him is sad.  I don't feel sad for Hernandez at all. He even got to go out on his own terms instead of serving his punishment for ending someone elses life. 

This. As someone who lost a friend to suicide less than 24 hours ago... I don't feel bad about people feeling some degree of satisfaction in this outcome. 

Condolences GB.  Sorry to hear that.  Suicide is an awful thing... when someone of good heart feels there is no where left to run. 

As you contend, however, when an awful narcissistic psychopath runs out of pavement, it's a different issue. 

Pre-meditated murder.  Over and over again.  Sorry, but I have no sympathy for that.  Maybe it was his up-bringing and depression and/or hatred therein....I can grasp the angst, to a degree.  But you can fight that war without taking other people's lives.  The families that he ruined, what about them?  Respect?
Criminal arrogance. We Bostonians watched him be able to take off to East Timor w all his money for four days after the cops had him sniffed out, but hang around cuz he was sure he was untouchable cuz he was a star jock. 

The hypocrisy is phenomenal and so emblamatic of where we're going as a society. Impoverished kids willing & able to grind it out cuz they got buttnothin else, armies of greedsters just waiting to feed em raw meat and make all their excuses as soon as they show a fleck of talent and a world programmed to adore each their image and action if they float to the top, give them make-it-rain money (and not even require em to play a lot anymore), then judge their Frankenstein monsters' every move. You are all Kardashians.

Am I wrong in remembering that he killed someone to cover up the murder charge that he just beat?
Depends on the reporting.  That was the prosecution theory.

The latest reporting/rumor (posted earlier) suggests Odin knew something else about Hernandez, and that was the motive for the killing.

Condolences GB.  Sorry to hear that.  Suicide is an awful thing... when someone of good heart feels there is no where left to run. 

As you contend, however, when an awful narcissistic psychopath runs out of pavement, it's a different issue. 
There's usually a reason someone becomes a sociopath.  That can be sad or tragic and perhaps lessons can be learned to prevent future murders.  No one is comparing the level of sadness between suicides. 

Users who are viewing this thread